Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

AFewBricksShy posted:

The funniest thing about that picture is this picture.

The Balls of Fury costuming has better emperor costuming than the mini series.

Looks like Anthony Bourdain.

I would have watched a Dune movie with Emperor Anthony Bourdain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Zopotantor posted:

Hey Töm Bömbådil, …

I thought the exact same thing

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

Maigius posted:

I'm going to guess there are no official illustrations of these as I'm struggling to picture a bedog.

mmmm
Jul 26, 2010

hey
you're one of them fancy lads, ain't ya?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

the only Dune games I will play are Dune (1979), Dune II: The Battle for Arrakis, and Dune 2000.

all else can gently caress off

those are the commercial titles that don't suck, yeah

the Civ4 Dune mod is really really fun, clearly made with lots of love

GoG has that weird Emperor of the Fading Suns game available now, can that be patched into something worthwhile? Loved the fluff for that game but never really played it.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
The Bene Gesserit have utterly squashed untrue rumors of the existence of doglets

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

My least favorite dune moment is Paul telling someone in Dune Messiah that liberals are bad and conservatives are bad. Frank Herbert telling us through the mouthpiece of Paul that 'both sides are bad' is like really my man, he just admitted he was better at genocide than loving hitler earlier, this really the guy for this statement

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Most favorite dune moment is either Teg running wild and murdering matres or Leto II dying while being smug as gently caress at Duncan like 'hahaha, you're all on my Golden Path now biiiiiitches"

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
It's really easy to typo Honored Matres as Honored Mattress. Intentional??

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

Accidentally Kwistaz Haderaching Duncan through pussy magic so yeah, most def

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

mmmm posted:

GoG has that weird Emperor of the Fading Suns game available now, can that be patched into something worthwhile? Loved the fluff for that game but never really played it.

The current owners (who include the original writers) have done a lot of work to improve stability and apparently to make it more mod-friendly. (The big update was just this October.) There have been a number of fan patches and mods over the years, too, and from things said on the GOG forums it sounds like they're cooperating with modders to help update stuff to the new version.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

disposablewords posted:

The current owners (who include the original writers) have done a lot of work to improve stability and apparently to make it more mod-friendly. (The big update was just this October.) There have been a number of fan patches and mods over the years, too, and from things said on the GOG forums it sounds like they're cooperating with modders to help update stuff to the new version.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/the-rally-point-the-25-year-patch-of-emperor-of-the-fading-suns-proved-me-wrong

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

https://twitter.com/SecretsOfDune/status/1602374709336805376?cxt=HHwWgMC4sd7T47wsAAAA

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Woop

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Where was it shot? Mexico?

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

busalover posted:

Where was it shot? Mexico?

Abu Dhabi, Budapest in Hungary, and Italy.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Austin Butler really broke out since he got cast. Just another thirst trap to drive up the film’s ticket gross. Bring on Messiah so that we can get to the real thirst trap Bijaz

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

These Dunes are making me thirsty

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
serenity now, kralizec later

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

A Festivus Miracle posted:

Abu Dhabi, Budapest in Hungary, and Italy.

Is there another Budapest?

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Mister Speaker posted:

Is there another Budapest?

There's probably Budapest, Idaho.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Jewmanji posted:

Austin Butler really broke out since he got cast. Just another thirst trap to drive up the film’s ticket gross. Bring on Messiah so that we can get to the real thirst trap Bijaz

Took me a moment to remember that thirst trap isn't some obscure bit of Fremen technology
"Ay-ihhh, Usul, your thirst-trap is equipped in the way of the sand folk. Who gave you the instruction in the doings of this way of such a one?"
"don't you remember, Stilgar, the day we slew eighty-seven harkonnen beast in the thirst traps of etc etc etc

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Maigius posted:

I'm going to guess there are no official illustrations of these as I'm struggling to picture a bedog.

A noble spirit bedogs the smallest man

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

The failson's books may legally be part of the Dune IP, but they're fan fiction in comparison, and really lovely fan fiction at that.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
He should have quoted "a place for every man, and every man in his place"

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

groimes, plees kam bek

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Elon you're not gonna ruin Dune for me

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Elon buy dune from Brian

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

shut the gently caress up

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

mods???

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Colonel Cancer posted:

Elon buy dune from Brian

I would not be surprised in the least to learn that Musk approached Legendary Pictures with some money to buy a cameo or namedrop in the new films.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

Mister Speaker posted:

I would not be surprised in the least to learn that Musk approached Legendary Pictures with some money to buy a cameo or namedrop in the new films.

Elon approaches Denis Villeneuve and drops casually that Spacing Guild sounds a lot like Space X before Denis suplexes Elon for even approaching him with an idea that stupid

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Idk an insular weirdo that exists in a drug induced stupor, thinks he can see/navigate the future, can't conceive a child through natural means and has a bunch of sycophants with him everywhere is pretty on brand for elon

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

His dick is already mutated by spice gas too

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

worm who fart on him own dick, a wonderful worm

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Anne Frank Funk posted:

i see that we've found our latest thread title

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Anne Frank Funk posted:

Yes... lovely worm...

the heebie-gbs
Apr 23, 2007

♫ twerrrmmmmm ♫
       /
:sax:

kalel posted:

you had two chances at a drug metaphor in the dune thread and you blew both of them. turn in your crysknife and saliva on your way out

lol wahad

Anne Frank Funk posted:

arrakis teaches the attitude of the pig - pooping on him own balls and saying: "now it's complete because look at it"

the heebie-gbs fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Dec 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Everyone knows Leto's dick was lost in the metamorphosis to the worm. What this book presupposes is, maybe it didn't?