Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hate to pry but is that a giant dropped light in the background/dropped glass piece? It looks rad even blurry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Vintersorg posted:

Hate to pry but is that a giant dropped light in the background/dropped glass piece? It looks rad even blurry.

Wasn't sure which part you meant so here's the hanging light with the living room ceiling in the background. And yes it's quite rad! Came with the house and thankfully I haven't had to change the bulbs yet.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

1/4 of ALL toy sales is huge if that takes into account, like, Fisher Price and Little Tykes, all the Paw Patrol and Peppa Pig merch, stuffed animals, yo-yos... like I wouldn't guess that 1/4 of all TOYS even appeal to adult collectors, so we must have a really outsized impact in the world of action figures and the like. Of course it might have a lot to do with certain people buying $200 - $300 toys on the regular instead of cheapo kid stuff.

"Kidults" is loving insulting though, come on. We're keeping the economy afloat, have some respect.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Kingtheninja posted:

Wasn't sure which part you meant so here's the hanging light with the living room ceiling in the background. And yes it's quite rad! Came with the house and thankfully I haven't had to change the bulbs yet.

Thank you!

It was the ceiling in the back room! :)

That hanging light is super cool too though~!! Reminds me of the one in my entrance - such a pain to dust (I haven't dusted it in a year and half lol).

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Heads up for any mezco collectors to expect the following to start charging over the next two months, according to a guy on Facebook who’s been reliably accurate with the last slew of releases:

Ghost Rider, Destro, JL three pack, bishop, man of steel, pyramid head, and snake eyes

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Nerd Of Prey posted:

1/4 of ALL toy sales is huge if that takes into account, like, Fisher Price and Little Tykes, all the Paw Patrol and Peppa Pig merch, stuffed animals, yo-yos... like I wouldn't guess that 1/4 of all TOYS even appeal to adult collectors, so we must have a really outsized impact in the world of action figures and the like. Of course it might have a lot to do with certain people buying $200 - $300 toys on the regular instead of cheapo kid stuff.

"Kidults" is loving insulting though, come on. We're keeping the economy afloat, have some respect.

Clicking into the article, NPD's definition of what they mean by a "kidult" is plain dumb as hell

quote:

This cohort, which NPD defines as ages 12 and older, has been steadily contributing to the industry for years, but spending has accelerated in the wake of the pandemic, leading to year-over-year gains despite tough comparisons.

oh word? you mean kidults includes.. literal kids? So, like, not adults? Almost like they should've distinguished between literal children and adult collectors but nah, gotta throw a weird buzzword that nobody uses in there to drive those clicks.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/joefisto/status/1604996645783240704?s=46&t=nbbXrVKbBQ_aOIft_H9reg

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
There’s something oddly compelling about all those Santa figures but I just can’t quite pull the trigger.

My FOMO at having them go out of print before next Christmas will probably get me to buy them this week though.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

There’s something oddly compelling about all those Santa figures but I just can’t quite pull the trigger.

My FOMO at having them go out of print before next Christmas will probably get me to buy them this week though.

There are reissues scheduled for next year (if the order numbers meet the goal) but I think all of them but military Santa are still available.

They are really solid and well put together. The paint is immaculate. For 36 bucks apiece I think they're great. I went ahead and added "classic" Santa to my pile of loot. There are some sweet looking ones for next year, like Mall Santa and Barbarian Santa. I would probably get other holiday characters from these guys if they are designed this well.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Sanschel posted:

Heads up for any mezco collectors to expect the following to start charging over the next two months, according to a guy on Facebook who’s been reliably accurate with the last slew of releases:

Ghost Rider, Destro, JL three pack, bishop, man of steel, pyramid head, and snake eyes

I heard Conan 2.0 and the Alien are likely too, seems like something has lit a fire under their arses there. Still no Batman '89 though, hah.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Oh, this cool guy showed up too

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/figsoku/status/1604975427315208192?s=46&t=hh8435iUcp5ZfFWauul5xg

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

Oh, this cool guy showed up too

Nice Dick, bro!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Nice Dick, bro!

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Sanschel posted:

I had no idea there were so many Pyramid Head figures on the way.

I already have the iconiq ones preordered but I pulled the trigger on these also:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/190733

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/202501

So yeah, thanks for the heads up. My wallet hates you tho. :)

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Sentinel Red posted:

I heard Conan 2.0 and the Alien are likely too, seems like something has lit a fire under their arses there. Still no Batman '89 though, hah.

People already have Alien in hand, it is…of possibly dubious design. Looks great, but the rubber overlay suit really hinders articulation and the potential to split seems high. One guy got his with a broken hip joint just flailing uselessly under the skin and there’s no way to even see what kind of break it is.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Pretty faithful!!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/hasbropulse/status/1605065460646567938?s=46&t=yDecuR0huj2bk1KPIi1P7w

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Ah, a Dick dick pic.

Not to be confused with a dik-dik pic.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Looks like Soosoo is making a sixth scale Kamen Rider figure. No idea which one but he does look neat. Think he has a light up belt buckle and mask.

Looks like I got the last synthetic human clear version from that clearance sale. I was hoping to order another but alas, sold out. Did score a really need looking what the gently caress figure though. Boroku? Boroku? Neat looking sixth scale figure.

Trip report as soon as they come in.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh cool, for those who got the mondo Batman but didn't like the joker, these dudes have your back.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Looks like Soosoo is making a sixth scale Kamen Rider figure. No idea which one

Black body, red eyes, I think I got it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV5l-Nt18o4

CaptainN
Jul 28, 2004

My Venger and Dungeon Master turned up today from Hasbro.

Not hugely impressed with the quality of the figures, especially given the £54 price tag.

Very little posability on either figure, with Venger's plastic skirt & shoulder moulding and DM having no legs.

Highly recommend a short soak in some boiling water to get the joints moving, or Venger will have his head permanently sunk into his chest.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
^^
Yeah, I would like a Venger in theory but that one just looked too much of a traffic cone to bother with.

Oh man. I’ve bought my fair share of tat of late but this is the first thing that feels like a proper premium item, a proper step above the rest. The packaging, the clothing, the actual chainmail(!), the shield and weapons…he just looks and feels great.

I’ll do some proper pics later, work’s too mental at the moment but initial impression is Woah.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Oh cool, for those who got the mondo Batman but didn't like the joker, these dudes have your back.

This looks awesome. I think I like it better than Mondo's. Did these guys also make a Batman?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Wait what is that RX figure?

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Yay! My Masterverse Roboto dropped in my PoL today. No others arrived from that wave though.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Are those beakers or water bongs? Neither really fit Franklin too well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Worst version.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Why does Franklin need science accessories? I thought he was able to manipulate reality or whatever.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

He’s coming in a 2-pack with Valeria. I bet the photographer didn’t know he isn’t the one to use the beakers and stuff.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Franklin's accessory is a tear Stained rejection letter from Krakoa.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Shiftypenguin posted:

Yay! My Masterverse Roboto dropped in my PoL today. No others arrived from that wave though.

Same! I’m actually letting my POL sit, and it is driving me crazy. I am not patient when it comes to toys.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nanigans posted:

This looks awesome. I think I like it better than Mondo's. Did these guys also make a Batman?

Not that I am aware of.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Batsman

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I got an email from Mondo saying they are sending out replacement head parts to everyone who bought a She-Ra because of some sort of persistent QC issue. It doesn't really specify what the issue is. Anyone heard about this? I still have mine boxed just because I haven't set aside time to clear out a space of honor on my shelf and get it set up.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I got an email from Mondo saying they are sending out replacement head parts to everyone who bought a She-Ra because of some sort of persistent QC issue. It doesn't really specify what the issue is. Anyone heard about this? I still have mine boxed just because I haven't set aside time to clear out a space of honor on my shelf and get it set up.

The consensus on Twitter is the package squishes her nose.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

They put so much protective wrapping around the figure that you can’t even really see her through the bubble. Ironic if the packaging itself is doing damage. They should just go with the Hasbro wrap everything in paper approach if you can’t even see through the see-through package.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Huh, looks like art toys is coming down to the ring with a steel chair! They are releasing their own version of the Kamen Rider dude. Think it's the same genre and black one but he might have an alternate head since the preview reveal pics just show a scarf before the pic cuts off.

Always cool to have choices!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Huh, looks like art toys is coming down to the ring with a steel chair! They are releasing their own version of the Kamen Rider dude. Think it's the same genre and black one but he might have an alternate head since the preview reveal pics just show a scarf before the pic cuts off.

Always cool to have choices!

oh come on, "Soosoo" is an easy enough search but I could spend hours searching for "art toys" and never find the thing you're talking about