Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Decon posted:

:lol: I thought he was getting told off by his investors.

Turns out he's just dumb as gently caress and so am I

who's to say he's not being told off by his investors?

He can do no wrong, remember, that's what his mom has told him every day since he was like 2 or 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/dec/20/elon-musk-breaks-silence-after-10-million-twitter-users-vote-for-him-to-step-down

quote:

Elon Musk has tweeted for the first time since more than 10 million people voted in favour of him stepping down as Twitter’s chief executive, saying that only paid Twitter Blue subscribers will be able to vote in future policy-related polls.

So only people stupid enough to give Elon $8 a month will be allowed to vote in his dumb polls.

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica
Musk introducing apartheid to his site is the least surprising thing ever. I do wonder who the Mandela of twitter will be. Probably Mark Hamill or Sam Neill because this bullshit isn't crazy enough yet.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

A farting mink posted:

Musk introducing apartheid to his site is the least surprising thing ever. I do wonder who the Mandela of twitter will be. Probably Mark Hamill or Sam Neill because this bullshit isn't crazy enough yet.

it's going to be dril

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

staberind posted:

"teeiknic elly"

If you ever need to talk about databases with a Geordie, it's "dee ah bee rear end".

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Decon posted:

:lol: I thought he was getting told off by his investors.

Turns out he's just dumb as gently caress and so am I

p sure he did get helicoptered to qatar to receive a shelling, he had made no effort to talk about how cool it was to be there or anything

i don't think he has found anyone willing to take over as twitter ceo without golden parachute clauses

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

MrQwerty posted:

who's to say he's not being told off by his investors?

He can do no wrong, remember, that's what his mom has told him every day since he was like 2 or 3.

PinheadSlim posted:

Idk, could be that both are true.

It would be the funniest option.

Fair point. He could have gotten told off and then gone "gently caress it", popped an adderall, and gone right back to Posting Through It because superficial validation from terminally online Nazis is more important to him than millions of dollars in debt to Putin and the House of Saud. Because him being dumb as all gently caress is not mutually exclusive with him being under bad actors' thumbs.

Guess we'll find out which it was if a major scandal breaks on him in the coming months.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

ReelBigLizard posted:

Dude is so white he gets a sunburn looking in the mirror

I just realized what he reminds me of, the scientist from Blood Waters of Dr. Z who turns himself into a fish monster.

Only Dr. Z here is less pale and weirdly shaped, looking at them next to each other.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The Saddest Rhino posted:

p sure he did get helicoptered to qatar to receive a shelling, he had made no effort to talk about how cool it was to be there or anything

i don't think he has found anyone willing to take over as twitter ceo without golden parachute clauses
Everyone will see the new CEO as a meatpuppet with Musk making any real decisions. The org structure is so hosed that he needs a full suite of execs and some sort of promise that he'll leave them alone.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Well yeah there's probably plenty of people willing to take over if the pay was fine -not like anyone would blame any new ceo for not being able to put out the current dumpster firer- can only imagine if elone been asking he's been seriously low balling on the offers, or adding in some sort of incredibly lovely clause.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

dr_rat posted:

Well yeah there's probably plenty of people willing to take over if the pay was fine -not like anyone would blame any new ceo for not being able to put out the current dumpster firer- can only imagine if elone been asking he's been seriously low balling on the offers, or adding in some sort of incredibly lovely clause.

$2000 a week and pay your own lodging

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

TVs Ian posted:

I just realized what he reminds me of, the scientist from Blood Waters of Dr. Z who turns himself into a fish monster.

Only Dr. Z here is less pale and weirdly shaped, looking at them next to each other.

My favorite riff from the MST3K of that is when Dr. Z is looking at his insane serial killer chart/board/whatever, and Tom Servo goes "I really need to simplify my masturbation ritual."

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Fair dinkus, fair dinkum? Whatever we can agree on as long as we can agree the polls were rigged

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
lol, lmao, 🤣

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
If the richest man in the world thinks that he's Batman while also looking like Casper The Friendly Ghost's evil fat brother, I get to make fun of him, those are the rules.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Elong is going to announce a new conspiracy that Twitter’s voting system was broken all along.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1605015914436595715?s=46&t=tuaxvHrZlCAA4Pi3APs_fg

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Can someone remind me, why did Musk sink $44b into buying twitter when it wasn't valued anywhere near that much in the first place? So much stupidity has happened in the last few weeks that I've lost the thread on where stupid decision alpha of this little saga originated.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

McSpanky posted:

Can someone remind me, why did Musk sink $44b into buying twitter when it wasn't valued anywhere near that much in the first place? So much stupidity has happened in the last few weeks that I've lost the thread on where stupid decision alpha of this little saga originated.

He bought it for the weed number

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

McSpanky posted:

He wanted to impress his chud ex wife, and ban the elon jet guy.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

It's funny that they whine about likes versus votes.

But they don't talk about musts followed versus votes.

If 6.8% of his followers voted no he would have won.

So I would surmise that at least 50% of his followers are bots if not more

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

McSpanky posted:

He's a big dumb narcissist, basically

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

McSpanky posted:

Because the stock price at the time was above $42, but he *really* wanted to make a 420 joke, so he offered $54.20 per share instead. Yes, that's the actual reason.

e: speaking of which, that last poll was also posted at 4:20 pm

Tamba fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Dec 20, 2022

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

McSpanky posted:

He was upset at the Babylon Bee being suspended

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

McSpanky posted:

Well it was at the top of an insane market wide rally and weed number. He likely wanted to offer 44.20/share but it went past that so being impatient he just tacked on $10 to keep the joke. I think it was a 22% premium, 10-15% is more typical for a buyout but it's always more. He paid $54.20/share.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I belive he overpaid as twitter board didn't really want to sell to him, but then he basically offer enough money it was basically impossible for the board not to accept (he also paid a bit more than a stupidly large amount as he want the price to include the weed number). The board also put in a clause that forced him actually go through with the deal or just pay a bunch of money anyway.

Anyway Pretty much immediately after musk tried to get out of the deal. It was all just incredible amounts of stupidity and here we are today!

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Tamba posted:

Because the stock price at the time was above $42, but he *really* wanted to make a 420 joke, so he offered $54.20 per share instead. Yes, that's the actual reason.

e: speaking of which, that last poll was also posted at 4:20 pm

He also thought he was never going to have to actually buy it. He might have never had to if he didn't sign an ironclad contract that waived all due diligence. He was fighting tooth and nail to dip, but a court was about ready to start going into discovery on the matter so he went ahead with the buy.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

McSpanky posted:

The CEO of Tesla also really really wanted to read the n word while browsing tweets

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

dr_rat posted:

I belive he overpaid as twitter board didn't really want to sell to him, but then he basically offer enough money it was basically impossible for the board not to accept (he also paid a bit more than a stupidly large amount as he want the price to include the weed number). The board also put in a clause that forced him actually go through with the deal or just pay a bunch of money anyway.

Anyway Pretty much immediately after musk tried to get out of the deal. It was all just incredible amounts of stupidity and here we are today!

the contract to buy Twitter is gonna be studied for decades because iirc it was the most insanely seller friendly contract anyone has seen in a very long time

Like there was one escape clause but it was so narrow as to be functionally irrelevant

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I have to say, the fact that Elon sulked for hours after the poll HE HIMSELF FORMULATED AND POSTED finished with a result he didn’t like, only for him to furiously ignoring the implications of it while stating that actually now polls will only be legit for those with subscriptions….good heavens what a tool :allears:

I’m honestly flabbergasted at how stupid he is at this point. He seriously proclaim and do things without a second of forethought. He must think that every big corporation works like this. Like, I bet he thinks that McDonald’s acquired “I’m lovin’ it” as a slogan on a whim by the genius decision of Ronald himself, rather than the result of months of testing, lawyering and focus grouping by untold numbers of employees.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

dr_rat posted:

This was the best bit.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Lmao TSLA hovering $147, already down over a percent for today.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

E the Shaggy posted:

He also thought he was never going to have to actually buy it. He might have never had to if he didn't sign an ironclad contract that waived all due diligence. He was fighting tooth and nail to dip, but a court was about ready to start going into discovery on the matter so he went ahead with the buy.
The way he structured the deal made it impossible to back out and it was an offer too good to pass up. He offered weed number plus no due diligence. The board pushed back to add a specific performance clause that he signed off on. He gave a giant premium and then locked himself in because the board (rightfully!) didn't trust him. It was all so stupid.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

dr_rat posted:

Yeah, basically as a publicly traded company at the time, the people running Twitter had a fiduciary duty to the investors to try and make them as much money as possible, and that included accepting deals like what Musk offered. If they had refused to accept the offer they would have faced some pretty stiff penalties, as well as likely being booted out by the board of directors and replaced with people who would accept such an offer.

That was pretty much what people expected. What people didn't expect was that Musk was such a colossal dumbass, he'd forgo due diligence and basically sign a deal that was absolutely to Twitter's advantage with no way for him to cleanly back out. By the point where it became lawsuit time as Musk kept desperately flailing around for some kind of way out of the deal, it was pretty evident that it was going to end with him being forced to complete the purchase. And here we are today.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

kw0134 posted:

The way he structured the deal made it impossible to back out and it was an offer too good to pass up. He offered weed number plus no due diligence. The board pushed back to add a specific performance clause that he signed off on. He gave a giant premium and then locked himself in because the board (rightfully!) didn't trust him. It was all so stupid.

I have a feeling the board expected him to gently caress off with that complain they'd double down and it's be forgotten. What really happened is Elon didn't read it and just signed it.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

BigglesSWE posted:

I’m honestly flabbergasted at how stupid he is at this point. He seriously proclaim and do things without a second of forethought.

He's profoundly stupid and equally as pathetic.

Any hanger-on to the cult of Elon Musk that you or any of us personally know should be ashamed, ridiculed, and outcast accordingly as anyone with half a loving braincell should see right through how loving stupid elon is.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

I will abide by the results of the poll.

If they're the right results.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

pixaal posted:

I have a feeling the board expected him to gently caress off with that complain they'd double down and it's be forgotten. What really happened is Elon didn't read it and just signed it.
The board maintained until the moment the contract was signed that Musk was an untrustworthy partner and it would take a lot to change their minds. Musk basically kept raising and raising until he went all in and the board gleefully took his money.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
I love the fact that one of the creators of Rick And Morty was revealed in the texts to Musk being like "YEAH ELON BUY TWITTER OWN THE LIBZ!" and then when he did, Elmo stopped following him because Musk realized how bad he hosed up. I bet he's secretly blaming folks like Justin Roiland and Joe Rogan for "pushing him into this".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Stoatbringer posted:

I will abide by the results of the poll.

If they're the right results.

I will accept the election results if I win.

Gee I wonder who Muskrat voted for…