Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

All of that happened yesterday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
People have no idea how to read maps.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
What do you expect in a modeling crisis?

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Gripweed posted:

All of that happened yesterday?

top right of the map bud

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Even without the key, one “breath” is obviously one day/night cycle.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

how do I get this RGB pattern on my keyboard.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/zalboa/status/1605162409664155648

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Can’t wait for all the “lol global warming” jokes from coworkers this weekend.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

McCracAttack posted:

Can’t wait for all the “lol global warming” jokes from coworkers this weekend.

"Thanks AL GORE for all this global warming!"

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

So how's the Texas power grid predicted to fare?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

smoobles posted:

So how's the Texas power grid predicted to fare?

It's going to be sunny so things are predicted to be just fine with no problem since there will be some power coming from all the solar farms we got

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.
Minor infrastructure failure here on the Wet Coast - we got so much snow last night (15-20 cm. accumulated :lmao:) BC Ferries cancelled the first two sailings this morning because the crews couldn't get to work. Busiest travel week of the year.

You're o.k. if you live in a remote location and your ferry crew lives at the head of the dock. If they go home to a city you're hosed.

15 years ago there was concern about replacing all the watch officers who were going to be retiring in 15 years but the over-priced CEO was more concerned about turning our sea-going buses into a cruise ship line than planning for replacement. Then we had Covid and the effect it had on the availability of crew and snow plow drivers and here we are.

As a life-long island dweller my response is "Oh, dear, the mainland is cut off :shrug:" but this must suck for anyone trying to get to Vancouver to catch a plane.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Hexigrammus posted:

Minor infrastructure failure here on the Wet Coast - we got so much snow last night (15-20 cm. accumulated :lmao:) BC Ferries cancelled the first two sailings this morning because the crews couldn't get to work. Busiest travel week of the year.

You're o.k. if you live in a remote location and your ferry crew lives at the head of the dock. If they go home to a city you're hosed.

15 years ago there was concern about replacing all the watch officers who were going to be retiring in 15 years but the over-priced CEO was more concerned about turning our sea-going buses into a cruise ship line than planning for replacement. Then we had Covid and the effect it had on the availability of crew and snow plow drivers and here we are.

As a life-long island dweller my response is "Oh, dear, the mainland is cut off :shrug:" but this must suck for anyone trying to get to Vancouver to catch a plane.
BC ferries are just so goddamn expensive, makes sense they're MBA-brained now.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Checking in from Calgary, where its -30 and we have -40+ wind chill.

:tif:

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Bilirubin posted:

Checking in from Calgary, where its -30 and we have -40+ wind chill.

:tif:

Jeez. I'd make a cruel and crass joke about being homeless in Calgary but nature is exceeding my best efforts.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
probably sucks to be homeless in calgary right now!

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
It's bad enough to be housed in Calgary

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Got 8ish inches in NW Washington. City seemed completely unprepared, my final just-in-case shopping trip at 6:30 this morning was over roads that might have been plowed or treated yesterday, but that was before most of the snow hit. Had to take a different route out of the grocery store parking lot because a semi lost traction and came to rest blocking the exit I normally take. A few minutes ago, I watched my neighbor's kid try to drive his giant truck (RWD only, no extra weight in the back) up the hill to get off our street; he fishtailed and sideswiped a car, then killed it in a three-way intersection and needed a jump. Not sure where he thinks he's going, all he has to look forward to is an even longer, steeper hill to get out of the subdivision.

and here I am, hootin' and hollerin'

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
now the forecast says a high of 6F on friday and no snow, that’s some loving bullshit

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

I mean just look at this poo poo could almost eat outside on new years eve

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

spring has finally sprung in australia :yayclod:

as another poster predicted, we will now get a ten-year summer that air fries all these beautiful oily new saplings into kindling

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

record low for the lower 48 is -70, from January 20th, 1954, at Rogers Pass, Montana

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
It's a hilarious idea to try to keep up with a simultaneous weather forecast for everywhere at once

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

McCracAttack posted:

When I was a kid I would look forward to this sort of stuff but now I just worry about what to do if the pipes freeze or the power goes out this sucks.

I'm off I just want to run out into the porch naked for a second

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

m...mo...mods.....

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Weather resonance cascade going well

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Koirhor posted:

now the forecast says a high of 6F on friday and no snow, that’s some loving bullshit

chicago metro snow prediction went from +9 inches thursday & +4 inches friday to 4 inches thursday & none on friday.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

a strange fowl posted:

spring has finally sprung in australia :yayclod:

as another poster predicted, we will now get a ten-year summer that air fries all these beautiful oily new saplings into kindling

Yeah, it’s finally starting to turn. Summer started 3 weeks ago and there’s people posting pictures of their “summer holidays” in southeast Australia on social media that have enough fresh snow on the ground to go skiing lol

The sudden change from cool or cold weather to dry heat is giving me whiplash though

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Inspector Hound posted:

I'm off I just want to run out into the porch naked for a second

:doit:

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Willa Rogers posted:

chicago metro snow prediction went from +9 inches thursday & +4 inches friday to 4 inches thursday & none on friday.

N O T H I N G B U R G E R

i will however be buying eggs milk and bread

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Ordered snow chains and an avalanche shovel because I fear no snow pile

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Stereotype posted:

They probably close the +15 due to the weather, which was the entire point of it in the first place

Feral Integral posted:

Weather resonance cascade going well

Milo and POTUS has issued a correction as of 01:21 on Dec 21, 2022

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
Snow tires on my car just in time for 60F and rainy.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Ordered snow chains and an avalanche shovel because I fear no snow pile
Avalanche shovels gently caress up your back when you're doing a lot of shoveling, from the short handles.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Stereotype posted:

Especially since Calgary Transit's solution to the drugs and homeless problem they have is to take the doors off their heated shelters, bing bong so simple wait wait everyone is now mad at me I'm trying to undo it

WaryWarren posted:

It's bad enough to be housed in Calgary

harsh but fair

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Floor is lava posted:

top right of the map bud

All of that happened in the top right of the map?

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

All of that happened in the top right of the map?

ah, you're blind as well

sorry to hear that

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
A few inches of snow followed by 40 mph winds is more than enough for a ground blizzard. No one will be traveling, interstates will be shut down between cities. Plus the cold.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
good thing most commerce happens indoors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
If SirPablo is this concerned, we're probably all going to die.