Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gumball Gumption posted:

I know but that was 3 whole matches back in July. My point being it doesn't seem like there are a lot of promotions where you can send someone who is at the level to hold the title to regularly defend it outside the company that you wouldn't just be better off having them wrestle on your weekly TV show. The matches would be really cool, would love to see OC in DDT, but from AEW's perspective I can see the problem of their not actually being a lot of places you want to send someone to defend the title.

If AEW weren't cowards they'd have OC defend the belt against Suzu Suzuki in a deathmatch in front of 130 people at Shin-Kiba 1stRING.

Nobody will ever let me run their wrestling company & they are entirely right to, I'd be loving terrible at it & only book weird poo poo of interest to very few people

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Dec 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

forkboy84 posted:

If AEW weren't cowards they'd have OC defend the belt against Suzu Suzuki in a deathmatch in front of 130 people at Shin-Kiba 1stRING.

Suzu pulls out the forkball, OC gives a thumbs up and rolls away

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I don't know how you gimmick it but if Orange could somehow take a kenzan to the forehead and have orange juice bleed out of him that would be great.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
It seems like they are setting up for OC to drop the belt to Kip Sabian and if that happens, I wouldn't be surprised to see it go back to the EU for a stint.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Every match should be for a belt and every wrestler who doesn’t have one should constantly be asking “where’s my belt?”

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

I know but that was 3 whole matches back in July. My point being it doesn't seem like there are a lot of promotions where you can send someone who is at the level to hold the title to regularly defend it outside the company that you wouldn't just be better off having them wrestle on your weekly TV show. The matches would be really cool, would love to see OC in DDT, but from AEW's perspective I can see the problem of their not actually being a lot of places you want to send someone to defend the title.

DDT, NOAH, Dragongate or give it to some homesick English loser really feel like the only options since the bottom has fallen out on the american indies again.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

konosuke takeshita should unseat orange and i will accept no alternatives

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Procrastinator posted:

konosuke takeshita should unseat orange and i will accept no alternatives

This would make a lot of sense but I like lengthy title reigns so maybe make it happen at Revolution or something. OC still has a lot of people he could defend against

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I figured the All-Atlantic could be like the SWA title in Stardom where the challenger has to be from a different country than the champion but I guess it's just kind of a third singles title now

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
the all atlantic title should be defended exclusively in deadlock pro wrestling. nc is a coastal state it makes sense!!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Orange Cassidy should drop the title to Adam Brooks who can take it as far away from the Atlantic as possible and make it a Pacific title.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

The CMLL All Atlantissssssssssssssssss Championship

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/ringsidenews_/status/1604908351124635650?t=n0n_ETCKIqlvkNKRaHHN9g&s=19

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

lol ok

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Drakkel posted:

I figured the All-Atlantic could be like the SWA title in Stardom where the challenger has to be from a different country than the champion but I guess it's just kind of a third singles title now

Pretty sure it is exactly that? No one else is from Wherever.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Maybe OC has some visa issues and can’t defend it overseas for the moment. He was the best candidate to take the title off PAC but now TK is stuck .

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The money feud is OC vs Mark Henry anyway

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
When the AA is with someone who already works international dates, it's a touring belt. When it's home, they fly in challengers like Shibata and Trent Seven. It's fine.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm impressed at just how quickly the All Atlantic title stopped being a title that tours and is defended in other countries when that was the whole reason it was created lol

when did they say that's the reason it was created?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Penguin Patrol posted:

when did they say that's the reason it was created?

when the voices in his head told him that

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Talk that poo poo and get you some, I guess. Dude's survived under Jacob Fatu and other take no poo poo worthies. Maybe he's grown up some? I've seen his matches, they're still bad. He does that little scrappy doo run around the ring. Reminds one of the fat gently caress that cut off Vegata's tail. Yojimro? Anyway, I'm gonna watch the Microman match when I get a chance.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

He said this into a live microphone and yet nobody gave a poo poo.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Remember when he KO'd himself trying to slide under the ropes or whatever that was lmao

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I remember in NXT his promos seemed unique and fun.

Then he ended up on the main roster and all his promos seemed like "Smack talker Skywalker, cuppa haters".

Then he got fired and became increasingly more embarrassing and he's continuing to descend further.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/shad_france/status/1605173329589342210

I can't stop laughing

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
That's my favorite quote from The Incredibles.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Alaois posted:

Elephant Ambush is Randy Orton, confirmed

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I really wasn’t paying attention that one time I watched The Incredibles

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hoss Corncave posted:

I remember in NXT his promos seemed unique and fun.

Then he ended up on the main roster and all his promos seemed like "Smack talker Skywalker, cuppa haters".

Then he got fired and became increasingly more embarrassing and he's continuing to descend further.

I remember listening to a shoot interview of some kind with him, and he had apparently gone through dozens of notebooks filling them with promo ideas

I suspect he had used his best material by the time he got to the main roster

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Alaois posted:

I'm not going to dig up the TK quote where he literally said that because I'm too lazy and also idiot misery golems like you aren't worth the time

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm not going to dig up the TK quote where he literally said that because I'm too lazy and also idiot misery golems like you aren't worth the time

I've got bad news if it was his quote from the interview on my mom's basement. He was just talking about PAC and not the title in general. The idea that the title would always be primarily defended outside of AEW is internet phone game stuff from that interview.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

I've got bad news if it was his quote from the interview on my mom's basement. He was just talking about PAC and not the title in general. The idea that the title would always be primarily defended outside of AEW is internet phone game stuff from that interview.

quote:

“PAC is going back to England, he’s back in England now. He is going to defend the title internationally. It’s a traveling championship, because the champions of AEW, because of TV commitments, all the other champions we really have booked here through the year, let’s have a champion that can go defend the title.

“Thunder Rosa has also talked about defending the Women’s World Championship abroad, which I’m open to also.”

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I did the heavy emotional labor of googling "tony khan" "all atlantic championship" and

From June 14

quote:

it's a heavy emphasis on international competition, but the US can get involved in the competition. And I think it's a great way to spotlight a lot of the international wrestlers in AEW, and the international presence that AEW's developed over the years now with our shows on in 130 countries around the world and great ratings in so many huge international markets, including every week finishing as the number one wrestling company in the UK and our ratings there continue to rise.

"...So for the international fans and for the international wrestlers on the roster, I felt like it would create more opportunities. But I also don't think this title or these opportunities are exclusive to the international wrestlers. But it's a big benefit of the term," he later added.

And from July 2

quote:

“I think a lot of the defenses will take place on either side of the Atlantic, but a lot of wrestlers will come from all over the world to challenge for the All-Atlantic title, and the champion PAC is from England himself. He’s hugely popular in England, and a lot of people don’t know AEW has grown in popularity in Europe. Particularly in England, we’re the number one wrestling company on TV by far. Every week, we have the top two TV shows with Dynamite and Rampage. PAC, of course, is one of the most popular wrestlers in England, and it’s great to have a hometown star who can go there and defend the title. And even though AEW is touring America every week, I believe PAC can defend the title overseas and here in America, and hopefully have some great matches as long as he’s the champion.”

So the things Tony Khan said were that the All-Atlantic Championship would spotlight international wrestlers, but also American wrestlers. And that it would be defended "on either side of the Atlantic."

Thus far there have been fifteen All-Atlantic Championship matches, which have taken place in the United States, Canada, Ireland, and England. Orange Cassidy (the first and to date only American champion) has defended the belt against Americans, but also Japanese, Mexican, and British wrestlers.

All of this is in line with statements Tony Khan made back in the summer, if you do not interpret them as saying more than they did.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tony Khan put flags on that thing for countries that aren’t even in the Atlantic Ocean the rules have been a joke from day one

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Tony Khan put flags on that thing for countries that aren’t even in the Atlantic Ocean the rules have been a joke from day one

What rules?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That it was All Atlantic

That was the only rule and they broke it immediately

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

That it was All Atlantic

That was the only rule and they broke it immediately

Where was that rule? I never saw that rule.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They wrote it right on the belt

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

They wrote it right on the belt

That's the name of the championship not the rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Welcome to the All Atlantic Championship where the rules are made up and the oceans don't matter