Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Dawgstar posted:

Fans will be fans but how does one get that notion was ever on the table?

Probably because they saw the anniversary tribute video and thought that the redrawn scenes were from a new series rather than redrawn scenes for that specific video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Boruto being a tsukuyomi dream has been a theory for a while, especially with salty fanboys who don’t like Boruto.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Sasuke giving Naruto his literal dream of being the Hokage and lifelong best friendship while actually living out his mission of tearing down the establishment would be more interesting for sure.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

New Boruto chapter:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-chapter-76/chapter/25880?action=read

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Becoming a bit of a CW teen drama, but there's a decent amount of intrigue with the strategizing. Kind of fun that they're worried about being deemed threats to Eida when they're probably potentially her most desired chances at actual friends. Hopefully they give some reasonable explanation why the girls aren't affected by her charm.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
The bedroom scene felt so awkward, especially after confirming they’re underage. If next year we find out this guy has questionable tastes I for one will not be surprised.

That said, cool chapter. Neat that apparently Kawaki can detect Momoshiki

I’m not sure if I’m disappointed that the Sharingan isn’t the reason for Eida resistance. I have little faith that the actual reason isn’t going to be teen girl power somehow.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I laughed at "Boruto you are literally a preteen."

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I don't really like whow the young characters like Sarada are drawn at all, but to be honest, reading the chapter on my cellphone, nothing about the bedroom scene struck me as tasteless? It was very explicitly a pillow fort/girltalk kind of scene.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I don't really like whow the young characters like Sarada are drawn at all, but to be honest, reading the chapter on my cellphone, nothing about the bedroom scene struck me as tasteless? It was very explicitly a pillow fort/girltalk kind of scene.

Agreed, it was pretty innocent. The artist is pretty obvious when he's being cringey, the girls are just chillin.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Oh right, Sumire's got the whole Hashirama cell-made seal that lets her work with Nue and Sarada's descended from Kaguya, so that might be why they're immune since they both register - however dimly - as Otsutsuki?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

Oh right, Sumire's got the whole Hashirama cell-made seal that lets her work with Nue and Sarada's descended from Kaguya, so that might be why they're immune since they both register - however dimly - as Otsutsuki?

That makes the most sense to me at least, yeah (meaning Sasuke and possibly Naruto likely wouldn’t be affected by Eida either)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

It’s not really the scene, it’s mostly Sarada for me again.
Which combined with the setting, the subjects and the precedent for how he draws these girls that gives it a bit of an aftertaste for me. But maybe I’m overly sensitive at this point.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Oh I mean, Sarada's character design in the Boruto manga, and how the artist dude draws it in particular, is really bad, I agree.

Anyway, what's up with Naruto and Shikamaru and everybody just not bringing up any of the other methods used for resurrecting people, even if just to give Amado an excuse to blow them off? Naruto's had no less than four different ways to bring people back from the land of the dead in some way, all before Boruto started.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it should be a capital crime to even suggest using edo tensei.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

I mean the alternate methods being forbidden aside, how many people actually know how to use them? Orochimaru? Kabuto?

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it should be a capital crime to even suggest using edo tensei.

Why? It's not like there's drawbacks to it now that they have Kabuto as an unshakably good-aligned summoner and Orochimaru can grow Zetsus as viable tributes.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
An Edo Tensei version of the daughter is basically like the cyborg version of her, not the original real flesh and blood thing.

Can Sasuke even use Rinne Tensei? We only saw him use a few of the powers in his fight with Naruto. And with his eye gone, can he even do Rinnegan based powers?

What other jutsu are left, Chiyo's? She took that to the grave, and Amado would have to find a ninja willing to die for his daughter.

Teek fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 20, 2022

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Who knows, maybe they'll explore the morally just Orochimaru route down the line. Amado's a brilliant scientist but that doesn't necessarily mean he has Intel on all the past ninja and their techniques. It's likely those forbidden jitsu were kept under wraps for obvious reasons, and Amado's previous employers had their own agendas to keep him in their employ, even if they knew of those.

Of course a whole lot of shenanigans will likely ensue preventing Amado a happy ending as that flash forward foretold.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Teek posted:

Can Sasuke even use Rinne Tensei? We only saw him use a few of the powers in his fight with Naruto. And with his eye gone, can he even do Rinnegan based powers?

Maybe if we stuck a Hashirama cell arm on him, his other Sharingan would morph into a Rinnegan and he could do all of it except the Sharinnegan's swapping power.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

What happened to Naruto's NinJesus healing ability at the end of the war? Heck, he seemed to have a lot of powerups in general that have fallen by the wayside.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

iamsosmrt posted:

What happened to Naruto's NinJesus healing ability at the end of the war? Heck, he seemed to have a lot of powerups in general that have fallen by the wayside.

He doesn’t have Kurama anymore remember? That took away at least a couple of his powers (though he should still have Sage Mode)

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Larryb posted:

He doesn’t have Kurama anymore remember? That took away at least a couple of his powers (though he should still have Sage Mode)

I meant when he was healing other people, not the 9-tails stuff he always had.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

iamsosmrt posted:

I meant when he was healing other people, not the 9-tails stuff he always had.

Ah, no clue then

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

iamsosmrt posted:

When he and Sasuke blew off each other's dominant arms, he lost the Sun Seal that apparently was necessary to use his Jesus healing. So it's just gone. The other Six Paths Sage powers were probably tied to the other Tailed Beasts, which he all released after the end of the manga.

Speaking of which, did Sasuke's Moon Seal ever do anything? I can't remember.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

He hasn’t shown that power since sealing Kaguya. So unlike Sasuke’s Rinnegan, it seems to have been a limited perk that went away when his hand did.

Also fwiw, it didn’t seem like an outright healing ability, more like a, “going to move some cells around in your body to stabilize you” thing. So even with Guy, he didn’t heal him. Kakashi assumably lost some muscle mass (and maybe his appendix/spleen?) when Naruto gave him his left eye back.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Delphisage posted:

When he and Sasuke blew off each other's dominant arms, he lost the Sun Seal that apparently was necessary to use his Jesus healing. So it's just gone. The other Six Paths Sage powers were probably tied to the other Tailed Beasts, which he all released after the end of the manga.

Speaking of which, did Sasuke's Moon Seal ever do anything? I can't remember.
Ah, thanks, that explains a lot.

Teek posted:

He hasn’t shown that power since sealing Kaguya. So unlike Sasuke’s Rinnegan, it seems to have been a limited perk that went away when his hand did.

Also fwiw, it didn’t seem like an outright healing ability, more like a, “going to move some cells around in your body to stabilize you” thing. So even with Guy, he didn’t heal him. Kakashi assumably lost some muscle mass (and maybe his appendix/spleen?) when Naruto gave him his left eye back.

That's pretty interesting, though even if it wasn't outright healing, that's still ridiculously powerful, maybe outright broken with a little imagination--like turning vestigial organs into replacement parts or even new usable things. Ah well, Naruto was never meant to be an Orochimaru type of body modifications kind of character.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if naruto can heal people then sakura's already faint justification for existing dissipates entirely.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I haven't really paid attention to Boruto much at all, but I was reading this new Sasuke thing (which is surprisingly good so far) and the person who does the art for it is WAY better at emulating Kishimoto's style. Something about Boruto's art has always felt vaguely "off" - like the artist themself is skilled but is trying too hard to imitate Kishimoto's style and not fully succeeding.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yo Choji's dad really wanted to kill Naruto in the first chapter lol

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Delphisage posted:

Maybe if we stuck a Hashirama cell arm on him, his other Sharingan would morph into a Rinnegan and he could do all of it except the Sharinnegan's swapping power.

Hashirama's cells now should presumably only give wood release and healing factor, since the chakra of Indra and Asura trasmigrated to Naruto and Sasuke. Besides, given they have made up, we don't even know if the chakra will trasmigrate again or if they lost that connection.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Darth TNT posted:

It’s not really the scene, it’s mostly Sarada for me again.
Which combined with the setting, the subjects and the precedent for how he draws these girls that gives it a bit of an aftertaste for me. But maybe I’m overly sensitive at this point.

Nah felt weird and kinda gross to me too. Sarada and class president are like...12? and that first panel of them all in the bed is showing way too much of class president's legs for my liking.

Otherwise it's still a pretty good chapter, I'm pretty invested in the mystery of Eida's abilities and the drama rhododendron they've got going on in this house. The only thing that could make it better is if they got Code in here somehow.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

The age thing also plays a bit weird comparing the manga and anime. By this point in the anime at least, they should be more like 13 years old that many episodes in. If the series started with them at 11, then Boruto's bad birthday happens to turn him 12 sometime around the Chuunin Exam, then that's a whole lot to pack in to a year for all that has came after and will later come after in the un-animated manga content. Could easily see that being something the anime adjusts when we get to this point. Especially if they plan on getting to the 16(?) year old Boruto in the flash forward without a larger time jump than Naruto had.

Teek fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Dec 21, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, I’m kind of curious how far away from the timeskip we are now (I believe there was another brief flashforward a chapter or two ago).

I also still wonder how we’re going to get from current Kawaki to prologue Kawaki (the latter seemed to show telltale signs that he was possessed by someone)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Larryb posted:

Speaking of, I’m kind of curious how far away from the timeskip we are now (I believe there was another brief flashforward a chapter or two ago).

I also still wonder how we’re going to get from current Kawaki to prologue Kawaki (the latter seemed to show telltale signs that he was possessed by someone)

You know with Momoshiki hanging around and Kawaki apparently able to see him. Maybe Momoshiki will possess him.

I stumbled upon Wind on Spotify. That song was really great.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I haven't really paid attention to Boruto much at all, but I was reading this new Sasuke thing (which is surprisingly good so far) and the person who does the art for it is WAY better at emulating Kishimoto's style. Something about Boruto's art has always felt vaguely "off" - like the artist themself is skilled but is trying too hard to imitate Kishimoto's style and not fully succeeding.

To me, Ikemoto's problem (other than drawing preteens as cheap prostitutes) has been that his style just doesn't mesh well with Kishimoto's. If he went and did his own thing, it would probably look a lot better.

Shingo Kimura, OTOH, looks like someone who got their start tracing Kishimoto's work, and their style fits much better.

Larryb posted:

I'm wagering that the timeskip isn't going to happen at this point.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

rndmnmbr posted:

To me, Ikemoto's problem (other than drawing preteens as cheap prostitutes) has been that his style just doesn't mesh well with Kishimoto's. If he went and did his own thing, it would probably look a lot better.

Shingo Kimura, OTOH, looks like someone who got their start tracing Kishimoto's work, and their style fits much better.

I'm wagering that the timeskip isn't going to happen at this point.

How do you figure that? Boruto looked visibly older during his fight with Kawaki at the start of the series

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
The timeskip is something that does happen at some point in the near future, but since Bort's seeing visions of it I'm guessing preventing the bad future is gonna be a story arc.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Turns out after the time skip, Boruto is old enough for Eida and Kawaki is taking out his rage of getting dumped for his best friend out on the village.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Mirai 5
Sasuke 5

Vinylshadow fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Dec 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/NARUTO_kousiki/status/1606122430098964482

Current (but not final) results of the popularity vote happening right now