Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Postman
May 12, 2007

All he had to do was stop posting...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The Postman posted:

He'd rather die.

nerox
May 20, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd_zs8AwoTQ

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
POST THROUGH IT

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1605304935876280323?s=20&t=3DcHDyKddksJPvnzIOSL6A

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Rhonne posted:

He'd rather die.

I mean hell, same

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

The Postman posted:

Show yourself coward I will never log off

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So he's ... blaming the Fed??

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

:lol:
https://twitter.com/mike_ztg/status/1605302705286574080

"Excellent dig sir, got 'em again and call the burn unit, but please elon please do something my retirement depends on this elon please."

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The Postman posted:

Might as well ask Hunter Biden to stop having a monster dong.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Ugh end of day rally

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
137.99!!!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Ugh end of day rally

well then as it turns out...

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
:vince:

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

There might be some aftermarket action but for all intensive purposes market closes at 4

Extended hours don't count even day traders call it a degen session. They run 7AM to 8PM with regular market hours in the middle at 9:30AM to 4:00PM. I'd be shocked if they were used in the loan terms.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

elon revealed that his next 5D chess move is to take all of twitter's assets and put them into a high yield savings account

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well that poll stunt really did not work out for him

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
How long till he unbans Ye again, since he now is cozying up to people who insists on talking about (((them)))?

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

Oh, you think I should manage my companies better? Well did you know THE FED CONTROLS INTEREST RATES???

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

pixaal posted:

Extended hours don't count even day traders call it a degen session. They run 7AM to 8PM with regular market hours in the middle at 9:30AM to 4:00PM. I'd be shocked if they were used in the loan terms.

:sickos:

Yeah iirc it's basically like settling contracts time

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Do I hear 136???

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Data Graham posted:

So he's ... blaming the Fed??

I think he already did that once. He said something like Tesla is great but I can't control the fed!!!!

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
How many shares of Tesla does Elon own? I wanna know how much of his networth just went poof today.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

What loving bank has anywhere near stock market returns on their savings rates

Mine is like 0.1%

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

BigglesSWE posted:

How long till he unbans Ye again, since he now is cozying up to people who insists on talking about (((them)))?

never, because the ban was for the blobfish pic and not the swastika

he's already unbanned and is continuing to unban much nazier nazis

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

*Checks literally any other stock* hmm why isn't this one tanking?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MJeff posted:

I think he already did that once. He said something like Tesla is great but I can't control the fed!!!!

Yeah blaming the fed has been his consistent reply, when he isn’t sulking

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

CLOSED AT SUB $138 BOYS WOOOOOOO

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Elon has currently lost 5.5 billion dollars today.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Lol, yes Elon, the value of your company is freefalling because the banks are offering interest in savings accounts. Nothing else could possibly explain it.

It's very reassuring that you're either stupid enough to believe it, or deeply in denial.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I think the market closing might have saved him some pain really

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

serious gaylord posted:

Do I hear 136???

Nowhere close to enough time, closed at 137.80.

That's 12.07 lost on the day, 8.07% of its starting value, and there's no reason to believe it won't get worse tomorrow.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Like that is just a complete lie. No bank on the planet is offering anywhere close to stock market rates on their accounts. That would be like 10%.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

But only TSLA stocks. Not the rest of the index.

E: Because only Tesla shareholders are smart enough to compare their returns to the bank savings accounts. That has to be it.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

What kind of rate does he think banks give on savings accounts?

Plus he might want to check out a textbook written after 1950. It's really obvious that money stays in stocks even in a downturn because the long term outlook is hundreds of times better than the bank.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Looks like it closed at 137.81

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Tiny Timbs posted:

Like that is just a complete lie. No bank on the planet is offering anywhere close to stock market rates on their accounts.

You think elon would do that? You think elon would just go on the internet and lie?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Guys please stop calling Ellen Mosk fat and dumb, I have fat and dumb cousins who don't understand that your comments aren't about them

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Dumb is buying a company for several times its worth sight unseen.

Idiotic is firing most of the staff that kept your new toy running in the first place and forcing the rest to live in the building full time.

Stupid is making whiny polls about stepping down, losing the poll and then trying to save face by saying that all the yes votes were bots.

Imbecilic is continuing to post smarmy Qanon poo poo while your signature company's stock is going subterranean and lamely trying to blame the Fed.

What will tomorrow bring? Tune in next time to As The Boer Turns...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Alright now hold on guys let's wait to see the quarter hours.