Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

IG-88 posted:

Woah, who’s this bad boy??

This I believe is just an example of those extra limbs and head being put on the bodies of one of the main three robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I got one of the base stands in a couple days ago and for some reason I was really worried my kit would just fall apart when putting it on. Well, I decided to say gently caress it and go for it.

I think I'm in love.

This weekend I'll use the markers for linework.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Oh yeah that's definitely one of those kits that benefits from a base. Weird claw feet, ginormous weapon, dangly bits. Ticks every box.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

SDCS lives!

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Kimaris is always the right choice

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

IG-88 posted:

Woah, who’s this bad boy??

Thinking on this, I reckon if you got two sets just for the legs you could kitbash a decent quadruped mech with some 30mm kits for the body...

Hmm... :shepspends:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://imgur.com/a/QR1kl24

There's also a healthy selection of new G-Witch kits.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Is there a convenient list of 30mm kits/accessories anywhere?

edit: I just realized I asked this exact question literally two years ago! please disregard

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Yep. Six new kits announced, which should cover most of the second cour's lineup. They're actually making non-P-Bandai versions of the Earth Oppression suits we saw on the news, which makes sense if the back half of the show is going to focus on that conflict, and we also got two new Gundams, one of which doesn't have a name yet.

Also, a wide release Doan's Island Guncannon for some reason. I mean, I'm not complaining, everyone loves the Guncannon, but... it's odd when all the other suits in the movie are P-Bandai, you know?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Were anr R/MG's announced?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

https://twitter.com/lntdred/status/1602307143062921217

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
https://twitter.com/30mmissions/status/1602951627815600128

I hate p-bandai

I want to buy all the 30mm kits but nooooo

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

It's one of the grunt suits suppressing protests in episode 4

The Dilanza is back and here to violate your civil rights

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I wanna get a shelf just smack full of all the G-Witch poo poo. great show, great kits.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Looks like we might get some accessory packs too - a bunch of the new G-Witch kits have 3mm slots on the forearms, shoulders, etc.

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
Sorry for the spoilers, but for those who are watching Witch from Mercury and don't want to be spoiled. (granted, it is just my speculation, but I am pretty sure about them)

I think I saw Chuchu's upgrade on HLJ.
It's wearing the head of her old suit on its backpack.
It's also got beefy thrusters, more gun and not one, but 2 sticks!
I already love this thing.:allears:

Also, the other companies seem to be getting into Gundams. I saw what I believe is the Jeturk one. It's got the Daribalde's ring-crest on its head, and a similar torso style.
Interestingly, the new Gundams look very barebones compared to Ariel and Pharact. Less bit-spammage, so safer? as far as I can tell.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Do it, Twitter guy. :yeshaha:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Tarquinn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE7DPUiREpI

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Tarquinn posted:

They did it, but I can't be bothered to dig out a time code. Probably at least turn down your speakers if not mute them entirely.

Edit: :argh: This is what I get for going back to fix my formatting.

Skrillmub
Nov 22, 2007

Is anyone else concerned that there are no RG, MG or PG kits announced for the future? I don't think there's even an HGUC scheduled.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Cat Hatter posted:

They did it, but I can't be bothered to dig out a time code. Probably at least turn down your speakers if not mute them entirely.

Edit: :argh: This is what I get for going back to fix my formatting.

@4:20 is the time code, oddly enough.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
:bisonyes:

Thanks!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Skrillmub posted:

Is anyone else concerned that there are no RG, MG or PG kits announced for the future? I don't think there's even an HGUC scheduled.

PGs have always been once a blue moon, MGs have been a trickle for years now, and RGs seem to be on their own schedule. The lack of an HGUC is perhaps more noteworthy, but there's been several P-Bandai releases recently and considering how well G_Witch stuff seems to be selling it would make sense that they're dedicating a lot of their production capacity to it.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
We’ve gotten two retail releases for the HG legacy lines in the last year. And one of those was a recolor.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
I'm lucky enough to be in Japan presently, and even so the only G-Witch stuff I've actually seen on shelves is the Demi Trainer Expansion kit. Even went to scope out all the local stores for the Pharact on Saturday, but they must've been cleaned out within hours if not sooner.

I'm very new to this, but it's easy to imagine they're concentrating on pumping out as many reprints of the new stuff as possible because, well, it seems to be going OK for them so far.

Unrelated but: Anybody happen to know whether the MG Turn X gets reprinted more than once in a blue moon? I'd really like to start my MG journey there, but it's certainly much easier to find a Sandrock or a Barbatos and I might just cave.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

free Trapt CD posted:

Unrelated but: Anybody happen to know whether the MG Turn X gets reprinted more than once in a blue moon? I'd really like to start my MG journey there, but it's certainly much easier to find a Sandrock or a Barbatos and I might just cave.

Your wish takes away from my MG Exia 2.0 wishes. *shakes fist*

It's only vagely related. But I used some paint pens on HG00 Kyrios.. and a friend thought I was showing off my MG. ~a little effort~ goes so, so far. Also the HG Kyrios needs a lot of paint. Hahah

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Thinking about getting back into gunpla in a small way to keep my hands busy but I don't really have the space for full-on painting/spraying. Do RGs (and newer MG/HG I guess) sets still benefit from some basic panel lining or are they okay out-of-the-box, so to speak?

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

Pierson posted:

Thinking about getting back into gunpla in a small way to keep my hands busy but I don't really have the space for full-on painting/spraying. Do RGs (and newer MG/HG I guess) sets still benefit from some basic panel lining or are they okay out-of-the-box, so to speak?

They do beneift from panel lining. They are also impressive out of the box. Paint pens are ~really~ nice when you can't do spray. (I can't, I have this set: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HLQFQ5F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1 I regret nothing.) The decals aren't so bad either. But as usual, waterslides are much better.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Pierson posted:

Everything benefits from panel lining, but with RGs it's pretty minor. The armor pieces are much smaller so there are a lot fewer panel lines and more actual places where different panels meet. The panels are also molded in slightly different shades, as you can see on the Nu there's white and a very pale grey, so you don't have the big expanses of uninterrupted white plastic like on older kits.

Some of the latest MGs use RG tricks so panel lining is less necessary than on older ones, but does still make a difference. With a couple of exceptions HGs you're still gonna want to panel line.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
You might be surprised how many kits look as if they were painted after some simple panel lining and a flat topcoat. The engineering has come a long way.

edit the latest RGs do look great out of the box though. My display shelf is currently raw dogging Tallgeese, Sazabi, Zeong, and Eva 01 and they look right at home next to kits I actually covered in decals, lining, and paint like the Nu.

The Tallgeese is my fav of those, looks like a hood ornament or a gaudy hotel logo.

Marx Headroom fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Dec 20, 2022

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Skrillmub posted:

Its all over

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Oh dear what have I done

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

man the new witch kits are cool as hell. the halo "v-fin" on the schwarzette rules

bij
Feb 24, 2007

IG-88 posted:

Oh dear what have I done

Which store is that? The new Dilanza and Zowort are my kinda robot.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

bij posted:

Which store is that? The new Dilanza and Zowort are my kinda robot.

https://www.hlj.com/gundam/

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Thank you! Robot time.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I preordered here because the Dilanza is cool

https://www.usagundamstore.com/products/hgtwfm-1-144-21-dilanza-sol

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I really shouldn't, I just bought the Rose....

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gripweed posted:

PGs have always been once a blue moon, MGs have been a trickle for years now, and RGs seem to be on their own schedule. The lack of an HGUC is perhaps more noteworthy, but there's been several P-Bandai releases recently and considering how well G_Witch stuff seems to be selling it would make sense that they're dedicating a lot of their production capacity to it.

https://twitter.com/hobbylink/status/1605322189443670016?s=20&t=iGhuAaC6CBHjtnp97iLMTA

Give us the Aerial Guntank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So is that going to be considered an HGUC kit, an Origin kit or a Doan's Island kit? Cuz I thought the Revive guncannon was still part of the full HGUC line.