Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The Postman posted:

https://twitter.com/GerberKawasaki/status/1605323960140595200

lmao Elon just shits on this guy and this is what he comes back with

lol every time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

My money market account's APY is 3.25%. If your current savings account is only giving you 0.1% then you need to find a new bank.

Elon's still full of poo poo though. The most obvious tell is the rest of the stock market not following TSLA's 8% plummet.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

The Pirate Captain posted:

I hope when he comes back Confused has some links to video of Elon holding his own with engineering experts, because the only videos I’ve seen are of him going “uh huh” or just throwing out buzzwords.

All of the stuff I've seen Elon Musk get into technical details are him trotting out some terms that sound like he knows what he's talking about to people who aren't very well informed on the field but the terms and concepts are actually basic, basic things that are the industry-equivalent of running an HVAC company and giving a basic rundown of thermal dynamics and how a heat pump operates
Or the example someone gave earlier about him defending a hypothetical plane "Well, airfoils operate based on a differential in air pressure created by the air passing over the top and bottom of the wing at different speeds "

he'll talk rocket stuff and bring up simple and fundamental orbital dynamics concepts like launch windows, escape velocities, the oberth effect, ∆v & the rocket equation, along with rocket propulsion specs like specific impulse, thrust, the pros and cons of LOX/LCH4 fuel vs H2/LOX or RP-1/LOX, problems with avoiding ullage causing fuel pump starvation, etc.

and if you don't know poo poo about rockets, it sounds like stuff that means someone does

BUT that's all stuff you can learn entirely from playing Kerbal Space Program with some realism mods and reading Wikipedia for a few days, going into it with zero understanding of how rockets work or how something is actually put into orbit

it won't make you an aerospace engineer of course, but it doesn't make elon musk one either. understanding or being able to explain all of those concepts will not bring a person any closer to building a rocket because the actual rocket design is the "rest of the owl", and he never seems to discuss the rest of the owl part

I've never heard elon musk discussing any of his projects where it seemed like he had a deeper understanding of anything he was discussing than absolutely necessary to be able to get laymen to think he knows what he's talking about, not one concept has he ever brought up where i was like "drat, i gotta know what he's talking about, never heard of that".
he never goes deeper into the weeds on how something works or why it's important because it's always just him reciting a wiki blurb and then moving on once people nod their heads

i have never worked in nor pursued a formal education in any kind of mechanical engineering, aerospace, electric vehicles, satellite communication field, none of it.
so if I'm able to spot that poo poo, every single time he spouts off? he probably doesn't have a very deep understanding of any of the things he claims to have

and with how thin skinned he is, if there was a way for him to prove otherwise he absolutely would have by now

he's a salesman

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

The Postman posted:

https://twitter.com/teslifedaily/status/1605326070353629185

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

This loser doesn't even have a blue checkmark, now who am I supposed to trust?

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe

This is my new favourite thing to search for

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
🤣🤣🤣

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I appreciate Elon's lesson to the young folks today that anyone can rise to be a CEO of a major corporation.

Not that they would necessarily be GOOD at it, but still. Uplifting.

Someone should make a video in the same style as the Ukraine battle montages except set Elon's tweets to cuts of the Tesla stock price with the slav electro music playing over it.

pro starcraft loser fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Dec 20, 2022

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

The Postman posted:

I'm guessing he was on the receiving end of some pretty spicy DMs from elon stans

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

My money market account's APY is 3.25%. If your current savings account is only giving you 0.1% then you need to find a new bank.

Elon's still full of poo poo though. The most obvious tell is the rest of the stock market not following TSLA's 8% plummet.

Yeah, if your savings account gives you .1% you either need to leave them or open a separate savings account elsewhere. There is practically no reason to keep money in a <.1% account beyond organizational reasons like treating the "savings" account as a separate folder of money. I have a local bank that I like for regular banking, but I keep a separate savings account with another bank so I can get the 3% interest rate.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I feel like I saw people who seemed to think Elon was going to get margin called if it closed below 140 today. Is there any substance to that or just wishful thinking?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

wilderthanmild posted:

I feel like I saw people who seemed to think Elon was going to get margin called if it closed below 140 today. Is there any substance to that or just wishful thinking?

The open recommendation is, right now, going around telling people to sell. So entirely possible. We'll see what tomorrow holds.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

No one's explained how that figure is derived so I'm calling it an rear end-pull.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Soggy Muffin posted:

🤣🤣🤣

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1605324741086023682?t=m-eXBmJ2qKXPTXUX-xxjmw&s=19

More and more pissy liberals incoming

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Let me be clear: the guy who just called me an idiot in the public square is actually my friend and I love him and his ideas very much

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

wilderthanmild posted:

I saw someone bring it up earlier on Twitter from an article in the early days of the takeover, but that apparently he'd secured funding in a way that meant it wasn't necessarily the case any more. But obviously the idea has spread from how desperately people were trying to keep it about 140.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wilderthanmild posted:

this seems to be the extent of it:
https://twitter.com/tinybaby/status/1605326891908419584?s=20&t=9bp0IXKrrG77mVunt0b5hQ

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

which, knowing musk, seems even odds.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
At this point of there's a mass request to sell tomorrow, then the Margin call already happened.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

The open recommendation is, right now, going around telling people to sell. So entirely possible. We'll see what tomorrow holds.

My fingers are crossed for $125 tomorrow after today's bloodbath and people freaking out that Elon is about to dump a huge chunk of shares. I probably won't get it, but we can dream.

The only people who know for sure what the magic number that triggers the stock price death spiral is are Elon and the banks. People are making reasonable guesses that it's $140 based on what is know but they're still guesses.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

cr0y posted:

Lol TSLA premarket

Interesting
🤣

this was the last thing from this thread on my screen when I just F5'd

WHAT A DAY IT HAS BEEN

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
700+ posts in an afternoon, what happened?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

ilmucche posted:

Bots

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Is Musk actually an Afrikaner? I thought he was just a white South African, not specifically Afrikaans.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Let's see what else he was up to as his stock dropped...

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1605299585924169729?cxt=HHwWgoC8kfvdlccsAAAA

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1605281089257635840?cxt=HHwWgIDUnaipjccsAAAA

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1605280103403081739?cxt=HHwWlsC-hffvjMcsAAAA

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1605280596489654280?cxt=HHwWkMC-6dCMjccsAAAA

Ah, chatting it up with trash people, I see. No surprises there.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Dec 20, 2022

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
gonna buy tesla stock at $95. not because i believe in the company or elon musk, but i believe in teh power of his idiot followers to bump it back up to 125 so i can dump it and make my FORTUNE

(lol i can't afford a stock position, continue ignoring me)

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Elon wants to be a real American so badly

Kale
May 14, 2010

700 posts in the last 4 hours. Awesome

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Kale posted:

SA usage at an all time high 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Stanford Universty! Explain yourself to this petulant manbaby billionaire RIGHT NOW!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

ilmucche posted:

People posted a lot of numbers for a couple hours

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
if we can bait elon into buying something awful, do you think jeffrey will give us a cut?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

no surprises - the guide recommends against using "American" to mean a US citizen because it is implicitly biased against the other 41 countries in America.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

ben shapino posted:

SA usage at an all time high 🔥🔥🔥🔥

the only chat bot allowed on SA is smg

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Zero scientific evidence that vaccines work.

ZERO

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
That photoshop of Jones turning into a frog always makes me lol

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Why is Tesla crashing? Did it see a school?

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

That photoshop of Jones turning into a frog always makes me lol

pretty sure that's not a 'shop

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

smoobles posted:

Why is Tesla crashing? Did it see a school?

proverbially

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Kale posted:

Why has the mainstream media refused to report on this?