Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo, puck to the jaw and a lot of blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Trouba with the revenge goal :siren:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
What a goal by Eberle. 360 no scope backhand off the face mask.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Lol Trouba chirped Chicago saying “hey you want the puck” after his goal

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Chicago is real bad

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

holy poo poo the hawks suck

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Get hosed Chicago

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

check that goal for a distinct twerking motion

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Let’s go double digits on the racist logo team

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jared McCann living the dream

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Kraken D is terrible but at least it’s watchable hockey.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

Mcqueen posted:

Kraken D is terrible but at least it’s watchable hockey.

The PK is horrible but the D can't be that terrible if they gave up 17 shots vs. 35 shots taken. The 2 goals were on penalties, one was 5 v 3. Grubauer did have some good saves on good chances the Jets had with the other 15 shots though.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

DancingMachine posted:

The PK is horrible but the D can't be that terrible if they gave up 17 shots vs. 35 shots taken. The 2 goals were on penalties, one was 5 v 3. Grubauer did have some good saves on good chances the Jets had with the other 15 shots though.

I feel like they can make it happen on paper but quite often the goalie is left with no support or having support well outside the crease allowing some really easy goals in. I don’t see better teams letting the opposing team control the crease like the Kraken tend to.

Dunno. Too new to make a really informed opinion, you’re probably right. Happy with the win.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Mcqueen posted:

I feel like they can make it happen on paper but quite often the goalie is left with no support or having support well outside the crease allowing some really easy goals in. I don’t see better teams letting the opposing team control the crease like the Kraken tend to.

Dunno. Too new to make a really informed opinion, you’re probably right. Happy with the win.

Your initial instinct was right. The ability to physically move people out of the low slot isn't as easy as it used to be with the crack down on cross checking, but you have D like Soucy and Oleksiak that don't have issues moving people, but the smaller guys were never going to have an easy night. Winnipeg is good at getting in front of the net regardless of who they're playing. Either way, I like seeing Winnipeg lose.

The way they played the 5 on 3 though was just bad. Borgen tried cutting high instead of getting into position.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Nothing came of it, but Kent Johnson fighting through 2 two defenders to set Johnny up cleanly is the latest flash of what he could be once he's a bit more refined. :aaa:

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
Dear Bruins.

When you have a 4-0 leave you do NOT need to stop defending and give the opposing team 3 goals in 5 minutes.

A fan.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Tarasov is feeling it tonight.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Go avs

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Sheeeeeeit that was close.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

The Avs have 8 defensemen dressed tonight which is certainly something.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Good job, Robo:thumbsup:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Scoring the tying goal when it's no longer the tying goal is peak Columbus this season.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
lmao, Makar, no!!! Don't talk the ref out of giving us a powerplay!

edit:
https://twitter.com/evanrawal/status/1605031066821181441
https://twitter.com/jessemontano_/status/1605031590718865408
https://twitter.com/MileHighHockey/status/1605031000085610496

i'm not even sure if that's allowed? I thought there had to be a conference by the other ref and the linesmen to do that. This was like immediate

fermun fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Dec 20, 2022

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I only caught the end of that game but it was nice to see Riley Tufte out there - a player I had completely written off as a NHL talent. The guy seems to have some good legs on him for being 6'-6" and a good head for the transition game going up ice. Might have a real career as a good depth forward, he's come a long way from the year after the Stars picked him in the first round and he was like a 4th line player / healthy scratch on his college team.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

fermun posted:

i'm not even sure if that's allowed? I thought there had to be a conference by the other ref and the linesmen to do that. This was like immediate

Ref can decide he's wrong by himself if he wants. That's really classy by Makar too. You really only see that in beer league when it doesn't matter. So if he wants to take the opinion of the guy he thought was fouled, you can't really fault the situation for how it played out.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Third Avs post of the night. I like how they're playing, but I'd like to see them rewarded with some goals.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Tage Thompson is good

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Oh gently caress, Cogliano

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I can't believe JT missed that

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
AHHHHH, Avs have deserved a goal so many times, and either just shot it over the net, hit a crossbar, or had an insane Sorokin save.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Avs deserved the win. Good shutout by Georgiev.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Jarry you loving suck.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
:siren: Early one for the Rangers

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
HONK HONK HONK

:siren: KREIDER :siren:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Weaponized Autism posted:

:siren: Early one for the Rangers

Can't tell if that was a tip or a bounce or Jarry with butterfingers or what
what a weird one

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

lol I haven't even gotten settled yet. did the penguins really give up a goal on the first shift again

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Can't tell if that was a tip or a bounce or Jarry with butterfingers or what
what a weird one

Looks like it was off Vinnie’s leg.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
That is loving pillow soft 'hold' jesus christ ref.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

How the gently caress is Zucker back already, I thought he broke something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Jarry looks dogshit garbage tonight.