Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Tell Me Why was a pretty cool game by DONTNOD with a name so unfortunate and dumb I can't can't believe they didn't realize it at the time.

No one knows this game exists even when it's been offered (twice) for free on Pride Month (last year's and this one's) because as soon as you try to consider its existence, the loving lyrics come to your mind and you mutter "ain't nothing but a heartache" under your breath. And before you know it, you are thinking how did the rest of the song go? Desire? My fire? Want it what way?

And what were we even talking about? Oh, right music from the 90's, why would you even be talking about videogames.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

But anyway, I have been playing Vampire Survivors, and now I want to learn how to beat Death at the end.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Heather Papps

hello friend

Saoshyant posted:

But anyway, I have been playing Vampire Survivors, and now I want to learn how to beat Death at the end.

i have refused to look anything up and have not figured it out yet.

the dragon i have been chasing my whole life, video game wise, is trading nes carts at lunch and having the game, but no manual, and attempting to figure out controls and mechanics through gameplay.

there is something so satisfying to me about learning a games systems and even though wario ware is kind of this i wish there was a game that could capture that feeling for longer than 4 seconds at a time. elden ring is pretty much what i wanted i guess?

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

barclayed

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"

Grinches are Glowing posted:

hello my friends what's your video game of the week

hades.

"What I wouldn't give to return to those halcyon days."

Ohtori Akio

its epic

Ohtori Akio
I'm detoxing from the shift key voice. Let me know if I relapse.

Goons Are Gifts

Good games all around, I've been playing vampire survivors and a surprisingly fun phone game called gridpunk as well as wow of course and I'm very excited because diablo IV was announced for June and oh boy it's gonna be so great and/or terrible I will play the poo poo out of it!!! Even and especially if it's bad obviously, I play everything

Goons Are Gifts

Board games, do you guys do them sometimes? Where's the trad game thread

Goons Are Gifts

We should have a survey thread just to ask questions in surveys, byob needs some statistics we can fake

Goons Are Gifts

We asked 100 people, how many pets are appropriate to pet a pet on first contact

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

i like those giant boardgames that have 10000 pieces and take 8 hours to play. i never know what they're called, every now and then a friend gets in touch and says "i got that new game that has 10000 pieces and takes 8 hours to play, would you like to come round and play it" and i'm like "gently caress yeah sign me up, is it about wheat or is it about spaceships? actually i don't care"

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Prof. Crocodile

We should have a survey thread just to ask questions in surveys, byob needs some statistics we can fake

how often does your gf pour blue fluid on a tampon:
1) 1/x year
2) 1/x month
3) 1/x week
4) daily

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
also i have played Gaslands Refuelled a lot in the past, that's a hoot but the rules are a bit vague

barclayed

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"

it's so good wtf

"What I wouldn't give to return to those halcyon days."

Dukes Mayo Clinic

Saoshyant posted:

are we talking about the little Deaths or the big Death at the end because one of these does not seem like the others.

This game’s been a godsend with a toddler growing most of his teeth at once; he’ll nap on my shoulder and I can walk him around while mindlessly blapping monsters.

Shifty Nipples

i'm still waiting for that prescription i was complaining about on Thursday lol.lmao

maybe everyone at my friendly neighborhood wallgreens is dead :ohdear:

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Ohtori Akio

barclayed posted:

it's so good wtf

cant wait to play as hagreus personally

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Speaking of video games the Games forum is currently running its annual Game of the Year thread (I'm in charge!). Come and tell us about your favourite games and hear about other cool games you might never have heard about :D

(There are rules for your votes to be valid but like if you don't wanna follow them it's chill yo whatevs)

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

B33rChiller

Dr. Honked posted:

i like those giant boardgames that have 10000 pieces and take 8 hours to play. i never know what they're called, every now and then a friend gets in touch and says "i got that new game that has 10000 pieces and takes 8 hours to play, would you like to come round and play it" and i'm like "gently caress yeah sign me up, is it about wheat or is it about spaceships? actually i don't care"
Me too. Memories of the strange look I got from the dental hygienist when I asked if it was OK for me to read the rulebook from Agricola during my cleaning. I really like Carcassonne too. Building maps, doot doot!

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Escape From Noise

Good morning! I'm making maibock. But I'll share.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Dr. Honked posted:

I think the closest to a name for that is Euro games, which doesn't really *guarantee* that they'll have lots of pieces and rules, but it's the genre that at least includes those games.
Some of them are good and don't even take that long to set up and play, like Seven Wonders or Carcassonne. (IMO Carcassonne: Hunters and Gatherers is the best of Carcassonnes, in that it takes most of the best parts of the expansions for regular Carcassonne, and fixes some balance issues, and then makes a new standalone game with those features so you don't need to buy lots of things. Except the art is the worst lol.)

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
Though you might be meaning the ones that take hours to play and you can only play once because you have to eat the pieces or something, like Pandemic Legacy, which is a different genre that may not have a name.

Heather Papps

hello friend

bohnanza is the byob game i have decided

Heather Papps

hello friend

look at this poo poo:

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
Seven Wonders is great. i wish i could remember the names of some of the other ones that i like. ermmm Talisman! with all the expansions!

oh and Legendary!

yes and lots of giant euro games with like wheat and poo poo (not Catan, that's a small game in my book)

Heather Papps

hello friend

they made me change my name at ellis island, it's george cat now.

Heather Papps

hello friend

settlers of cat where you play as fleas attempting to colonize a stray cat is actually a really good idea for a game

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Escape From Noise posted:

Good morning! I'm making maibock. But I'll share.

:cheersbird:

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

xcheopis

Heather Papps posted:

settlers of cat where you play as fleas attempting to colonize a stray cat is actually a really good idea for a game

I'm the Mage, of course.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Shifty Nipples

there are already enough "games" that exploit the suffering of animals

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

StupidSexyMothman

Heather Papps posted:

bohnanza is the byob game i have decided

several of my friends adore this game and yet none cannot remember the name of it so when deciding what to play somebody will always blurt out "how bout the bean game"

Heather Papps

hello friend

oldskool posted:

several of my friends adore this game and yet none cannot remember the name of it so when deciding what to play somebody will always blurt out "how bout the bean game"

i remember the name and even so when i want to play it i call it "the bean game"

Ass-penny

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3953143&pagenumber=2&perpage=40

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

Heather Papps posted:

i remember the name and even so when i want to play it i call it "the bean game"

bean game good

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

roomforthetuna

Does anyone happen to know the name of the game where there are cards numbered from 3 to 33 (I think, something like that anyway), and each round is a kind of bidding war to not take the card; on your turn you must either put a token on the card, or take the card and all the tokens that are on it (and a new card is dealt). The goal is to score the fewest points, with tokens being -1 point each, and cards being their face value except if you have a run of them (any length) that run only scores the lowest face value of the run. I remember ALL THE RULES but cannot remember the name.

roomforthetuna

Relatedly, "6 Nimmt", or "Take 6" is a pretty good game, and you can use a subset of its cards and any crap you have lying around as tokens to play the game I don't remember the name of, which is part of why I don't know what it's called, because I like it but don't own it.

Escape From Noise

Ah. I see we've reached the stage in the garbage music app with YouTube music where they start deleting your library because of garbage reasons for assholes.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Shifty Nipples

when I was really young I remember "the adults" playing some weird game with tiles that wasn't mahjong or dominos, so game discussion inspired me to type "game with tiles" into google were I learned the damned game was apparently "Rummikub". I don't know anything about the game but hey at least that mystery isn't weighing on my conscience anymore.

e: the thing that really stuck in my memory was that some of the tiles have a face on them

Shifty Nipples fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Dec 21, 2022

StupidSexyMothman

roomforthetuna posted:

Does anyone happen to know the name of the game where there are cards numbered from 3 to 33 (I think, something like that anyway), and each round is a kind of bidding war to not take the card; on your turn you must either put a token on the card, or take the card and all the tokens that are on it (and a new card is dealt). The goal is to score the fewest points, with tokens being -1 point each, and cards being their face value except if you have a run of them (any length) that run only scores the lowest face value of the run. I remember ALL THE RULES but cannot remember the name.

is it No Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomforthetuna

Escape From Noise posted:

Ah. I see we've reached the stage in the garbage music app with YouTube music where they start deleting your library because of garbage reasons for assholes.
Soon to be followed by the standard next move "people stopped using the app for no reason we can possibly fathom, so we're shutting it down."

In other news, I tried asking ChatGPT what the name of that card game is, and it sucks, it just keeps picking random games and describing rules that are neither the rules of that game nor compatible with the rules I told it. Mostly repeating back what I said, but then getting it wrong. In this context it performs barely better than Eliza.