Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

LOL

What a snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1605352876422971393

quote:

In a Tuesday statement, police in South Pasadena said that the incident involved a member of Musk's security team, whose vehicle hit the car of a man he alleged was following him.

The police called the security team member a "suspect." They did not say what crimes they suspected him of committing, but said they were investigating a report of "an assault with a deadly weapon involving a vehicle."

The statement from South Pasadena police, though, contained no mention of a suspected stalker.

“At no time during the incident did the victim identify the suspect or indicate the altercation was anything more than coincidental," police said.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Would that be the teams he fired randomly for not being hardcore enough?

I’m sure whatever employees that are still sweating it out are overjoyed over the prospect of an apartheid aristocrat breathing down their necks to produce more code.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Engineer baby brains keep thinking this is something you can fix with code rewrites and features and not that the entire brand is incredibly toxic now

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
reminder that he told one of his sycophants that they'd have to invest their life savings

I think he's offering people to take on all the debt he created and be his public scapegoat, while he will keep implementing his edicts and random bans "behind the scenes." For some reason there are no takers.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Alchemist posted:

Elon Musk is Rick Biish.

It's like he was trying to find a way to say "I'm Rick James, bitch" and "I'm rich, bitch" at the same time and that was what came out instead.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Nothing new there, when all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail. We just stupidly gave these idiots too much leeway and now here we are, trying to solve racism and poverty with nodeJS.

Giant Metal Robot
Jun 14, 2005

Taco Defender

I'm your most important employee

...and I own your job

...and you have to pay down the billions in debt I just dumped on the books

The Postman
May 12, 2007

He can't even say "I will devote more of my time to Tesla" lmao

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I never said WHEN I was stepping down as CEO

I am very intelligent

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Giant Metal Robot posted:

...and I own your job

I will take this job for 500k per day

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
It could probably be salvaged if Elon spent some more money, hired a PR team and competent execs and said, “I am stepping back and will have no role any longer” and stopped posting on the platform altogether.

(But he won’t do that)

This announcement is 100% due to Tesla’s nosedive. Prior to this, his poll was “just a trick to snare bots” or w/e

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Are there any other teams at twitter besides the software and servers teams

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

:lol:

https://twitter.com/theroddimus/status/1605354015226613761?s=20&t=hklzzotJxKjuo4503I5Qfg

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Giant Metal Robot posted:

...and I own your job

- I'm going to throw you under the bus for Tesla too

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

:aloom: what a wet turd.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Elon you dumb motherfucker

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

(falls down the stairs, cracking my skull and bleeding everywhere as I piss myself, all because I've bent over to tie my shoes) trying to lace up your shoes there? You're a drat fool to try :mmmsmug:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Are there any other teams at twitter besides the software and servers teams

Marketing, PR, probably a small Ops team, HR, Finance.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Well there's no legal team

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Frank Frank posted:

Marketing, PR, probably a small Ops team, HR, Finance.

He fired HR

Which does beg the question how are the remaining employees going to get paid?

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Everyone gets paid in Twitter Blue

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Let them eat code.

Blorange
Jan 31, 2007

A wizard did it

The Postman posted:

He can't even say "I will devote more of my time to Tesla" lmao

Does anyone think Tesla’s stock will rebound if Elon quits twitter? It’s a lifestyle company masquerading as a tech company that makes cars. People bought it for that positive branding. Now that brand has been overwhelmed by its association with a whining nazi on a months long bender, and it’ll never recover.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

What's that? You want to try running this company? Heh, pal, let me explain something to you. Everyday that I've been here, there has been a massive and embarrassing gently caress up. This place is consistently in the news because of all of the policy decisions. Yeah it's honestly been a nightmare to work here if you ask me. Hmm? Who made up those policy decisions? Well uh- you see

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

learnincurve posted:

Which does beg the question how are the remaining employees going to get paid?

last I heard, lawsuits

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Bold move on the day your other company lost just over 8% of value because of your dumb rear end.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
There's one janitor, who has already been told that he will be replaced by a Roomba.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nitrousoxide posted:

What do they suggest? Yankee?

quote:

Imprecise language is terms that utilize euphemisms, vagueness, or inaccurate words to not say what one is trying to say.

Instead of American
Consider using US Citizen
Context This term often refers to people from the United States only, thereby insinuating that the US is the most important country in the Americas (which is actually made up of 42 countries).

they suggest just saying what you mean. i prefer the term staterian because everyone looks at you like you're the idiot instead of them for living in a blue checkmark country.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Blorange posted:

Does anyone think Tesla’s stock will rebound if Elon quits twitter? It’s a lifestyle company masquerading as a tech company that makes cars. People bought it for that positive branding. Now that brand has been overwhelmed by its association with a whining nazi on a months long bender, and it’ll never recover.

Yes until they report a couple of back-to-back horrible quarters (and that’s coming for sure)

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

lmao that’s just as bad

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Chicken Butt posted:

There's one janitor, who has already been told that he will be replaced by a Roomba.

Unfortunately microservices have been turned off in the Roomba so it can no longer move. It can still sit there and suck though, not unlike the CEO

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:hmbol:

This is such weak baby bitch poo poo

Just the absolute tantrum this man is having

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Now hiring: fool

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I wonder how much of Twitter could even be salvaged if he sold it so someone who promptly spent whatever it took to get everyone back

I know the real answer is "Twitter's only value was in its brand and cultural footprint, and you're not getting that back, also lol" but it's kind of fun to try to mentally game it out

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

The Postman posted:

Now hiring: fool

Oh poo poo this is finally my chance

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Gonna take the CEO job just to constantly ask Elon "Do you know how to reboot the servers? When was the last time you, personally rebooted the servers?"

Sue, I wouldn't last a week before he fired me, but I might make some decent bank (Assuming payroll is still functioning)

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Musk tried to have someone killed and that’s what’s fueling his insane bender of making poor decisions.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

lmao look at the timestamps on these two posts

Just like with the "checkmarks can vote only" thing (and everything else he's done), Elon once again waits for one of his rear end-kissers to come up with a suggestion, then pounces on it like it's his idea first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Convex posted:

:owned:

until you realise none of this is real money, literally none of it is real whatsoever. lol

The value Tesla has lost is equivalent to $250,000 for every single car they have sold up to this point. Astonishing that the company was ever valued that high.

Love Elon choosing what roles he will serve under the new CEO...wouldn't that be up to the CEO if he was pretending it was anything but a figurehead position?