Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
the worst stat is scoring more points than the other team over a full length nba game. stfu nerds, no one cares about your math

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euph responded to a post that had no stats in it saying "it's a bogus stat" i'm really confused

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

well no, curry is still influencing the out come of games even tho he’s “off the court” according to bogus stats

so that is the confusing part

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

here I’ll make it simple : on off stats are bogus

don’t use them. they are all bill poo poo

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

the stat is teams outscoring the warriors????

what???

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

here I’ll make it simple : on off stats are bogus

don’t use them. they are all bill poo poo

loquatious's post didn't mention on-off stats

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1603503275315175456

The difference is so large it's the difference of the best team in the NBA against the worst

I was responding to this post

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

please !!!

don’t get all Curry here. focus on the important stuff

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

so then what's the reason for other teams outscoring the warriors by magnitudes when curry sits if it's bogus?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the warriors are missing by far their best and most valuable player and green is dogging it mike he does from time to time

who cares. the team isn’t good or interesting really

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

loquacius posted:

How does that work exactly? Like, the Knicks scored 132 points on them. Steph's defense isn't the difference-maker here; how did his absence make the other team shoot better? Is it just a morale factor?

Steph is a much better defensive guard than Poole, who starts when Steph is out.

Warriors are also missing Wiggins and Donte, who are both key defensive pieces, and are forced to play deep into their hot garbage bench.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the warriors haven’t been good for like 4 years now and it’s warriors warriors warriors on and on

not you guys so much but in the nba media

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

the warriors haven’t been good for like 4 years now and it’s warriors warriors warriors on and on

not you guys so much but in the nba media

The Warriors won the NBA Championship just last year, soundly defeating the Celtics 4-2 in a hard-fought series that was refreshingly light on injuries and excuses.

The Warriors won the NBA Championship just last year, soundly defeating the Celtics 4-2 in a hard-fought series that was refreshingly light on injuries and excuses.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

no your wrong they only won the finals

Boston won the championship

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euph stop listening to bill simmons

unless you want to make the championship a regular season award in which case the phoenix suns won the 2022 nba championship

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

even if I conceded they won the championship - they were not that good and only won Becuase of the radical scheduling imbalance . they basically got 3 weeks off while Boston ran 50 marathons against hulk hogans in a telephone booth

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Basically the west should be ignored as a major league.

It’s a minor league. No awards. No “championships” nothing for the west !!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

euphronius posted:

finally something we can all agree on

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

no your wrong they only won the finals

Boston won the championship

The Warriors won the NBA Championship just last year, soundly defeating the Celtics 4-2 in a hard-fought Finals series that was refreshingly light on injuries and excuses. Stephen Curry finally won the Bill Russell NBA Finals Most Valuable Player Award! It will probably be the highlight of his star-studded career.

The lackluster Heat stumbled their way into the Eastern Conference Finals and somehow almost managed to beat Boston (which would have been a hugely embarrassing throw for the Celtics, but to their credit they held on in a pivotal Game 7). Jimmy Butler had basically no help, Bam looked out of his depth and the rest of his team looked Old. The Warriors would have cooked that Heat team.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ok that’s fine

i disagree

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

even if I conceded they won the championship - they were not that good and only won Becuase of the radical scheduling imbalance . they basically got 3 weeks off while Boston ran 50 marathons against hulk hogans in a telephone booth

Boston should have put away the lackluster Heat in four or five games if they wanted more rest.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t think a PJ tucker lead heat is lack lustre but ok I can see how a fantasy stats guy would think so

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

Yossarian-22 posted:

Checked in on the West vs. East record... all of the "East>West" people in here got on the East bandwagon WAY too early. East is 75-89 against the West now this year. .457 winning percentage. The East has a record somewhere in between the Raptors and the Pacers against the West.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t know why you think that is important

no one in the west is any good. maybe Memphis but I doubt it

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Last year was a fluke season for the East and only because Zion, Kawhi, PG3, AD, Lebron, Porter Jr., and Jamal Murray were out for enormous portions of the year. The only equivalent absences in the East were Kyrie, Lonzo Ball, and Mobley

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

is Jamal Murray playing this year ?

this is neither hear nor there . jsut wondering

oh I looked it up he is !

and the as a bad as ever . (jokic is the problem )

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

I don’t know why you think that is important

no one in the west is any good. maybe Memphis but I doubt it

Then the East should stop losing to them :smuggo:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you can tell when the sixers are playing well

I get feisty

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

I don’t think a PJ tucker lead heat is lack lustre but ok I can see how a fantasy stats guy would think so

PJ Tucker scored 0 points and a total of 4 rebounds in the pivotal Game 7 and posted a -16. If you watched you might recall that he looked extremely old and tired and was a big part of that loss.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

is Jamal Murray playing this year ?

this is neither hear nor there . jsut wondering

oh I looked it up he is !

and the as a bad as ever . (jokic is the problem )

After they win today the Nuggets will be first in the West, the conference with more wins this season

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

Then the East should stop losing to them :smuggo:

if there were an actual non conference playoffs , the east would demolish the west

like the final four would all be east teams. maybe the final 8.

maybe not 8 as it would actually get fluky due to home court and referee shenanigans but final for for sure .

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
sad. another case of JDS

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if there was a playoff starting tomorrow , Denver would win 1 or 0 games and go home .

that is what would happen

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

if there were an actual non conference playoffs , the east would demolish the west

maybe not 8 as it would actually get fluky due to home court and referee shenanigans but final for for sure .

You have extremely poor judgment in all matters but particularly in basketball

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

no need to get personal

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Vox Nihili posted:

You have extremely poor judgment in all matters but particularly in basketball

hes right. the lowly knicks just beat the crap out of the western conference champs

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

fart simpson posted:

hes right. the lowly knicks just beat the crap out of the western conference champs

thank you for accurately labeling them

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

I disagree but most of what is dragging down the East is that they have like 6 godawful teams. The West only has three: OKC, Houston, and the Spurs.

The top 5 in the East are all great and the Knicks are a solid 6th seed. The Hawks and Heat are decent. Everything below that is trash

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

I disagree but most of what is dragging down the East is that they have like 6 godawful teams. The West only has three: OKC, Houston, and the Spurs.

The top 5 in the East are all great and the Knicks are a solid 6th seed. The Hawks and Heat are decent. Everything below that is trash

yes

I think Miami and Toronto will be a lot better after Christmas . we will see. maybe not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

fart simpson posted:

Last year's Championship Warriors team was a lot better than this one, and the two best players on the team are out. Without Curry and Wiggins this team stinks.