Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Featherless Biped
Dec 14, 2022

Tea Party Crasher posted:

This is what's beautiful about musk, the depth of his patheticness. Just when you think he's trying to save face by making it look like he had to step down because of online democracy or whatever, it turns out what he actually is doing is seeking validation.

We will always know that Elon will gently caress up. But we will always underestimate exactly how he'll fumble it.

It’s his coping mechanism for losing the poll - “Everyone voted for me to step down because they knew my Engineering Genius was going to waste as CEO. Now that I’m running Twitters core technical departments everyone will love me again!”

I’m sure he will be totally supportive of the new CEO and work collaboratively with all the other department heads and not tweet out criticisms or announce any more poorly thought out policy changes in his new role. Daily code reviews for everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/BudrykZack/status/1605296705322483712

Honestly I'd have more respect for Elon if he hopped on a hoverboard and started publicly disintegrating his businesses' board members

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i thought birdsite had got into private ownership(in Musk), so why does it still have a ceo and not just prez musk?

how does biz 101 official legal names/structure work?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

PhazonLink posted:

i thought birdsite had got into private ownership(in Musk), so why does it still have a ceo and not just prez musk?

how does biz 101 official legal names/structure work?

private companies can have chief executive officers. It’s just a title. Most use “President and CEO/COO” or whatever.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

A 24-hour Scientology propaganda channel suddenly appeared on our DirecTV listing a couple months ago.

I don't think they're connected, but I totally believe Musk would be into toxins and chiropractic and astrology and poo poo

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
The real trick is if you're CEO of private company, give everyone else the CEO title as well. That way when the feds come for you because of you're companies many crimes they won't know who to arrest!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

dr_rat posted:

The real trick is if you're CEO of private company, give everyone else the CEO title as well. That way when the feds come for you because of you're companies many crimes they won't know who to arrest!

Before or after you install the house of mirrors?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

CommieGIR posted:

I know a few Tesla and SpaceX ex-employees and yeah, confirmed that while there was some brilliant work going on, it chewed you to ribbons and burned people out, and if Musk was ever going to be around you were directly told to stay away from him as far away as possible and let your manager deal with him.

This is not a guy who was leading any sort of engineering, he was a C suite exec coming around to nod at graphics and hear yes-men repetition from managers.

From way back but whatever, this sort of personnel management is dumb as gently caress, not only do you have constant brain-drain from high turnover, but working people insane hours is counter-productive. My company just learned that lesson when we went from 12-14 hour surge shifts back to the normal 10, basically every hour we gained off labor, we lost an hour to exhausted people loving up and having to do rework to fix it.

SpaceX is eventually going to earn a well deserved reputation for being a toxic shithole to work at, and they're going to stop getting tons of brilliant young engineers willing to work themselves to death for penis on the dollar of what they're worth.

E:^^^ note to self, pay more attention when using swipe-to-text.

Elviscat fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Dec 21, 2022

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1605375908851814401

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

He definitely didn’t read the short story

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Elviscat posted:

penis on the dollar

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Lol he's still trying to get sempai to notice him

Pathetic

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Frank Frank posted:

Before or after you install the house of mirrors?

Oh before. Got to have you're office house of mirrored up before the first staff job interview. Idly you want anyone your interviewing for you're company to be as confused and bewildered as possible at all times. They tend to ask less questions that way you see.

Also it means you can get away with renting a smaller office, as none of the staff well complain about how small the office is if none of them have even the slightest idea of the offices actual size!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Not surprising.
Elon identifies with the Nazis that sexually assault Andy Dufresne

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Mx. posted:

Lol he's still trying to get sempai to notice him

Pathetic

That is the most unexpected and weirdly specific throughline in this entire thing

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

dr_rat posted:

Oh before. Got to have you're office house of mirrored up before the first staff job interview. Idly you want anyone your interviewing for you're company to be as confused and bewildered as possible at all times. They tend to ask less questions that way you see.

Also it means you can get away with renting a smaller office, as none of the staff well complain about how small the office is if none of them have even the slightest idea of the offices actual size!

More job interviews need to integrate the lessons taken from Enter the Dragon tbh. Toss me a yellow jumpsuit and a pair of nunchucks and I am down to get my rear end beat in the CEO mirror maze (tm)

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://twitter.com/BudrykZack/status/1605296705322483712

Honestly I'd have more respect for Elon if he hopped on a hoverboard and started publicly disintegrating his businesses' board members

GET ME DICK PICTURES OF BIDENMAN

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Frank Frank posted:

More job interviews need to integrate the lessons taken from Enter the Dragon tbh. Toss me a yellow jumpsuit and a pair of nunchucks and I am down to get my rear end beat in the CEO mirror maze (tm)

:hmmyes:

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
He gets assaulted in a shower in Shawshank?

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

lol can u even imagine the smell?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Concerning soap vs Interesting soap

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

snoremac posted:

He gets assaulted in a shower in Shawshank?

Laundry room in the book. I think they skip it in the movie. Andy gets revenge eventually but yeah, it’s brutal. They break his jaw iirc

E: and yeah it’s the “white power bill” crew that do it to him.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Frank Frank posted:

Laundry room in the book. I think they skip it in the movie. Andy gets revenge eventually but yeah, it’s brutal. They break his jaw iirc
So Elon's joke not only requires a few leaps in thinking soap > don't drop the soap > prison rape but a reimagining of the source material to make sense.

And it's a prison rape joke.

I hate him.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Hazo posted:

A 24-hour Scientology propaganda channel suddenly appeared on our DirecTV listing a couple months ago.

I don't think they're connected, but I totally believe Musk would be into toxins and chiropractic and astrology and poo poo

His grandfather was the first practicing chiropractor in all of Canada don't you know the lore???

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Why is Stephen King still using Twitter

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Not surprising.
Elon identifies with the Nazis that sexually assault Andy Dufresne

Elon knows Shawshank, but prefers Apt Pupil from the same book :hitler:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Tea Party Crasher posted:

His grandfather was the first practicing chiropractor in all of Canada don't you know the lore???

Is this true

I have to ask because this is the stupidest timeline, and I would really like some explanation for why a scientology cult channel appeared on my tv

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Hobo Clown posted:

Why is the dude who wrote a kid orgy into one of his books still on the platform for weird shitbird assholes???

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Hazo posted:

Is this true

I have to ask because this is the stupidest timeline, and I would really like some explanation for why a scientology cult channel appeared on my tv

It sure is.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

dr_rat posted:

The mirrors will make the offices look bigger anyway.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Can someone explain the thread title joke to me, I genuinely do not get the reference

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Musk is literally Dwight Schrute

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
ha ha ha! The woke mine virus will never defeat me. I've got a handful of Ambien and that's just for tonight! Now, time to do some online shopping!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/krisstraub/status/1605407469320429568

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Hobo Clown posted:

Why is the Master of Horror sticking around to watch the continued degeneration of Elon/Birdsite?

Research.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

snoremac posted:

So Elon's joke not only requires a few leaps in thinking soap > don't drop the soap > prison rape but a reimagining of the source material to make sense.

And it's a prison rape joke.

I hate him.

To be really fair here, I don’t think Elon read Different Seasons. I would put money on that he never reads at all except off the back of vodka labels or w/e.

Automatic Slim posted:

Why is the Master of Horror sticking around to watch the continued degeneration of Elon/Birdsite?

Research.

King doesn’t give a gently caress and Musk keeps letting him dunk on him

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Dec 21, 2022

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

To be really fair here, I don’t think Elon read Different Seasons. I would put money on that he never reads at all except off the back of vodka labels or w/e.

King doesn’t give a gently caress and Musk keeps letting him dunk on him

Elon’s decline is reminiscent of Jack Torrance’s except on social media instead social isolation and 🤣 emojis instead of “All work and no play…”

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Frank Frank posted:

To be really fair here, I don’t think Elon read

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

QuarkJets posted:

Why is the dude who wrote a kid orgy into one of his books still on the platform for weird shitbird assholes???

Very weird post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I just remembered that musk was basically forced to buy Twitter against his will after mister magoo'ing his way through the US legal system.

🤣