Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

This is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

The Feet of Sauron

A Jupiter
Apr 25, 2010

Projectionist in Afghanistan getting a film ready
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxqGMRUo9Wk

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/TCHPckz.mp4

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Who’s gonna cleanup your spills? Also you missed some screws

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

ilmucche posted:

This is great

It's not that impressive when you realize it's reversed and the man is actually the echo

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

Who’s gonna cleanup your spills? Also you missed some screws

I was gonna say that there is probably a drop cloth down to catch any but I think slippery drop cloth and drywall stilts is a recipe for calamity

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They probably laid down a canvas tarp

probably

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The flooring probably hasn't been done yet.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The flooring probably hasn't been done yet.

This was my assumption, it's just subfloor right now.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Shooting Blanks posted:

That's why she's on stilts!

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Shooting Blanks posted:

a la 11foot8 bridge
What if we just lower the ceiling so she doesn’t need stilts?

Enoch Root
Aug 28, 2007

Uthor posted:

Not gonna lie, all those valves makes me jealous. I've been in situations where I have to turn off the water to an entire house because there's no valve along the line I need to mess with.

Expanding on this there have been more times than I can count where I wasn't allowed to install a valve on a branch of piping (despite the fact that, you know, it would be nice for the next guy to isolate this section rather than shut down the whole goddamn system) because "It wasn't in the blueprints".

Like okay I get it, don't install things we didn't bid for but at the same time we still have to pressure test everything we install before we hand it over and testing is WAAAAY easier if you are able to isolate leaks.

Like gently caress, just last week we had a third year plumbing apprentice spend an entire week chasing a leaky union that could have been easily found in half a day if we had isolation valves.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Uh mam, you're wearing your skates the wrong way...

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Enoch Root posted:

Expanding on this there have been more times than I can count where I wasn't allowed to install a valve on a branch of piping (despite the fact that, you know, it would be nice for the next guy to isolate this section rather than shut down the whole goddamn system) because "It wasn't in the blueprints".

I love being able to fix stuff like that as a homeowner. I added a low point drain that goes into my sump-pump pit so if I have to drain the house it’s not such a crap job anymore. Shut the main, crack the low point and start opening taps.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This is a very strange combination of skills, but I'm in a trance for some reason.

Enoch Root
Aug 28, 2007

Sockington posted:

I love being able to fix stuff like that as a homeowner. I added a low point drain that goes into my sump-pump pit so if I have to drain the house it’s not such a crap job anymore. Shut the main, crack the low point and start opening taps.

God I wish, Canadian code only requires vent/drain valves for high/low points in heating systems. Domestic water systems only require valves on the main (obviously) hot water tanks, softeners etc. and toilets (I may be forgetting a couple others). It's funny, one would think that the Canadian plumbing code book would involve a lot of rules on water lines but NOPE! Easily 3/4s of the code is just for DWV or Drain Waste Vent.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

sigher posted:

These are ugly as loving poo poo so I'm going to assume this is a 40K related affair.

dark eldar mebbe

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Unperson_47 posted:

I was gonna say that there is probably a drop cloth down to catch any but I think slippery drop cloth and drywall stilts is a recipe for calamity

Ahaha good one. I'd love to see a job where the finishers cleaned or masked anything. They'll touch the floor with a scraper and sweep, and probably get 80% of the dried mud up before the flooring crew shows up. Then they'll maybe come back for another 10% and the flooring company will charge for an excessive clean.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Why is she wearing ski boots? (Those sneakers are freakin' huge.)

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AkXJSxOTzI

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

sigher posted:

This is a very strange combination of skills, but I'm in a trance for some reason.

Is it the yoga pants?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

sigher posted:

It's a fine looking lady doing a fine looking job filmed from a good position for observation of both. It's fine.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Argentina

https://i.imgur.com/HgZWIf6.mp4

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
where are they going?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

other people posted:

where are they going?

Invading the Falklands again

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

After hearing about the crowd crush in Korea this freaked me out a bit

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Tu-

It's a tu-

Turn the--

gently caress it, nevermind.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Devor posted:

Generally, though, it's only welded in a few spots so that you don't have to rip the entire collar off to access the manhole later.

I was trying to imagine the mindset where you’d rather bring a whole-rear end excavator than a torch or grinder and all it took was “county road crew”

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

other people posted:

where are they going?

Football's coming home, gringo

EoinCannon posted:

After hearing about the crowd crush in Korea this freaked me out a bit

Yeah you have to watch out for fans in Korea

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Nenonen posted:

Yeah you have to watch out for fans in Korea

This was good for a lol.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I didn't believe that it was common folklore until I heard it verbatim from one of my Korean friends.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Why is she wearing ski boots? (Those sneakers are freakin' huge.)
I imagine when wearing those stilts you want them rigidly attached to your legs so you don't break your ankles if you fall, same as with ski or motorcycle boots.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

3 new USCSB videos in a month, what have we done to deserve this blessing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DA--nMkWeA

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

those are just dirty work boots you maroons

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Oddly enough I want to walk on a freeway for some reason so this is making me smile.

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wm6vy7yBNA

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Surprised the front of the train survived that hit. There's less superstructure there then I thought

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIQ0yIZgQeE

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I was thinking the whole time "I want to see the outtakes" and then the end happened :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

IT BURNS posted:

3 new USCSB videos in a month, what have we done to deserve this blessing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DA--nMkWeA

I have been very happy to see so many new USCSB videos recently, it seems like they are picking up the pace

They slowed down quite a bit for a few years there, I figured previous admin probably cut funding to USCSB since it enforces some modicum of oversight on large companies