Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
it was our twenty year anniversary yesterday and I took the day off work only to have our youngest come home early from school with a fever.

oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

it was our twenty year anniversary yesterday and I took the day off work only to have our youngest come home early from school with a fever.

oh well.

sorry to hear it but at least you'll get a free copy of persona 5 in the mail soon

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
oh snap yeah that just showed up!

my mail man was like "I just want to check this is the right address... are you dr Frasier Krang?"

and I said "yes sir I am"

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

KirbyKhan posted:

He is very explicit about this in his cover for the Radiohead song "Creep". Anyways this was the top comment their "Say It Ain't So" music video and I think about it all the time.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my son has recently gotten really into a show called tractor ted on amazon prime, it's about a british tractor who learns about farming, sawmills, etc. very relaxing to watch if you like seeing big machines do stuff.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

So, at some point my daughter (2) picked up a toddler "game" where she says she wants to "ride on your back," which means she wants me to sit on a couch or chair and she climbs up behind me and hugs my back. I'm like, I don't really get it, but hey, if that entertains her, great.

Just now she was doing it and poking her head up to rest on my shoulder, and she said "I'm in your backpack!" I asked her what she meant, and she paused for a second and said "I'm in your backpack like a bird!"

Several months ago I played Banjo-Kazooie for her. She's been doing this weird game I didn't understand, but apparently all along she's been imagining that I'm Banjo and she's Kazooie. That made me really happy. :unsmith:

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

loquacius posted:

So, at some point my daughter (2) picked up a toddler "game" where she says she wants to "ride on your back," which means she wants me to sit on a couch or chair and she climbs up behind me and hugs my back. I'm like, I don't really get it, but hey, if that entertains her, great.

Just now she was doing it and poking her head up to rest on my shoulder, and she said "I'm in your backpack!" I asked her what she meant, and she paused for a second and said "I'm in your backpack like a bird!"

Several months ago I played Banjo-Kazooie for her. She's been doing this weird game I didn't understand, but apparently all along she's been imagining that I'm Banjo and she's Kazooie. That made me really happy. :unsmith:

Naw.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

loquacius posted:

:kimchi:

I have fond memories of my then 3-year-old daughter pretending she was Vivi from FFIX, her 1-year-old brother was Zidane, and she would nuke me with spells and beat the crap out of me while I roleplayed the plant monster who kidnaps Garnet in the forest in the beginning of the game. She even attacked my arms to disable them, and idled in place between attacks, it was adorable :3:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Four year old experienced her first lockdown today :toot:

:d2a:

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

We have been sick since loving Halloween. First COVID, then RSV, now a stomach bug. We've been masking and sanitizing everywhere but we still keep getting sick. I'm so loving tired of it.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

yeah both my kids have what I presume is RSV and it came on as soon as school let out for Christmas break.

same thing happened on thanksgiving.

loving sucks.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Organic Lube User posted:

We have been sick since loving Halloween. First COVID, then RSV, now a stomach bug. We've been masking and sanitizing everywhere but we still keep getting sick. I'm so loving tired of it.

Omg tell me about it.

My kid started nursery in October and since then he's just been a pipeline of disease right into our house. At the moment we all have a relentless cough and last night I was treated to stereo coughing (wife on the left, toddler on the right) that kept all of us up all night. So now I'm criminally underslept and I was hoping to go on a date with a guy tonight and not be a total zombie.

A lot of people are saying this pick-and-mix of diseases, exacerbated by 2 years of prior lockdowns, will continue until Easter, which just happens to coincide exactly (like almost date to date) with the busiest time I've ever had at my office as we gear up for a massive project launch.

So that's just swell.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Second breakfast was not enough. The people and the dog demand THIRD BREAKFAST

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

feeling a lot of love for my wife and kids this morning

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

last night my son took two huge shits between dinner time and bed time so when i was changing him i was like "you're really a poopy boy today aren't you" and he said "no daddy im a pee boy"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

last night my son took two huge shits between dinner time and bed time so when i was changing him i was like "you're really a poopy boy today aren't you" and he said "no daddy im a pee boy"

Gangtag

at the very least, thread title

loquacius has issued a correction as of 16:07 on Dec 20, 2022

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

PEE BOYS MOUNT UP

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

one thing i had blocked from my memory about newborns and little babies is their terrible habit of peeing in the middle of a diaper change. its no good. im so gunshy about changing my daughters diapers now lol.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Just gotta lay a little cloth on the penis when exposed, soaks it right up

This solution was adopted shortly after he pissed in his own mouth.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Microplastics posted:

Just gotta lay a little cloth on the penis when exposed, soaks it right up

This solution was adopted shortly after he pissed in his own mouth.

Nah you just gotta be fast like an F1 pit stop. Zoom zoom!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
The most annoying thing he does at the moment is use his feet to hoist his bum up so the back of the nappy slides out from under him before I can fasten it

There have been times, moments of insanity, where I've been tempted to ziptie him to the drat table.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Microplastics posted:

The most annoying thing he does at the moment is use his feet to hoist his bum up so the back of the nappy slides out from under him before I can fasten it

There have been times, moments of insanity, where I've been tempted to ziptie him to the drat table.

Uh, yes, there's kind of buckle type things you can put under a changing pad on a table to prevent them from rolling off, but also it means they can't really stop you from getting the damned diaper on.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Apparently my father-in-law has COVID, and may have exposed it to us when he came up for Hanukkah last weekend. Tests so far are negative but it's still too early to really tell. poo poo.

Also, his wife refuses to test, because she is asymptomatic and just doesn't feel like testing. She is still going out and doing errands and stuff. What the gently caress. Why would you not just take a rapid, it's annoying but it takes 30 seconds followed by 15 minutes of passive waiting

They're not even chuds, they're NPR libs. Scratch a liberal etc etc etc

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Read that as your wife for a moment and just instinct mashing :sever:

Hope your crew is clear :(

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Thanks! My wife got mad enough at her dad over text that his wife finally tested and is negative which apparently only reinforced her belief that she shouldn't have had to do it in the first place, and she sent a whole angry rant to my wife over it. Lovely

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

that's how I feel every time I drive somewhere and don't flip my car over. wore this fuckn seat belt for no reason.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
She didn't want to test because it might have been positive and that would have been annoying for her personally.

Our in-laws are that level of rear end in a top hat. My brother has been a champ lately though. He wanted to meet our daughter and took the hint when I was gunshy about inviting his school-age kids too. Was going to visit solo during the day this week but then called it off because he was feeling a little ill. It's sad that I feel so grateful for such basic consideration from others, but the last 2-3 years have really exposed how little you can rely on others as a general rule.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
I took two days off work before we’re planned to take the train to visit the in-laws. I figured, surely this is enough time to prepare everything - the little one will even be at daycare both days. hello packing and video games!

Wrong. Little one started vomiting on Sunday, diarrhea since, transmitted the diarrhea to me for today and my wife now has a urinary infection.

I love the holidays as a parent :jeb:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hello, yes, I am here to order a third breakfast, we would like that delivered to the high chair as soon as second breakfast is done. Plz and Thank you~

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hello, yes, terribly sorry I would like to cancel that third breakfast. Turns out second breakfast and a fruit pouch was enough. Thank you~

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

wynott dunn posted:

I took two days off work before we’re planned to take the train to visit the in-laws. I figured, surely this is enough time to prepare everything - the little one will even be at daycare both days. hello packing and video games!

Wrong. Little one started vomiting on Sunday, diarrhea since, transmitted the diarrhea to me for today and my wife now has a urinary infection.

I love the holidays as a parent :jeb:

both of my kids just slept for 14 hours straight. my oldest has lost his voice so he communicates strictly via a Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down protocol.

it's funny how you sometimes wish for the house to be quiet and calm but then you get this monkey paw poo poo.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Five year old just got over his ear infection. So now the two month old has it! I have now slept a lot and my wife has not slept at all. Merry Christmas!

At least I don't have work until January, so I only have to deal with my father in law in terms of work. And also getting all four off us to car country without a car on the 25th.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

last night my son was like "daddy i like your gray hair, i want gray hair" and i was like ah well you just need to wait a few years! hopefully he gets his moms hair genes though, nobody in her family has gray hair.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

lobster shirt posted:

last night my son was like "daddy i like your gray hair, i want gray hair" and i was like ah well you just need to wait a few years! hopefully he gets his moms hair genes though, nobody in her family has gray hair.

your kid has good taste, though i love a good salt and pepper myself

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

devil goblin baby is relaxing into a routine a bit and it turns out I love him

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

theyve started doing potty training with my son at daycare this week, the last two days he has made it through the whole day without wearing a diaper or having any accidents. tonight was the first time he used the potty at home, i'm so proud of him :')

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

sheesh twins are torturing my wife: she'll have regular contractions like she's starting labor for 2-3 hours then they'll just stop leaving her with even more sore back/hips

been all week too :/

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

release mustached wife!!! be exorcised symmetrical bb demons!! the power of christ compels you!!!

are they planning on inducing or does she have to ride it out?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
My daughter is getting tubes and adenoids removed this morning and the hospital just gave me a bill for $6k after insurance. The loving anesthesiologist is charging $10k which is more than my wife was charged for her epidural when our daughter was born.

gently caress America. Jesus Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
Hour 3.5/5 of the train ride for the holidays. so far no one has poo poo their pants except a 2 year old boy a few rows down, myself included.

fingers crossed for the rest of the trip