Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

:suicide:

Maybe he’ll Joe Burro…..*bang*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/weberstatefb/status/1605294543535865856

Mickey Mental is the most Z-list DC Comics antagonist name i’ve heard in years

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

If you're an extremely specific type of weirdo The Sinful Seven is free until Christmas, and then apparently they're taking it down.

https://mooncrew.gumroad.com/l/xwUYa

Fullcast crew et all wrote a weird book about college football and the NCAA and America a couple of years ago.

If you’re in this thread then you are absolutely the target audience for this book. Yes, even the weird Wild West fiction chapters written by Spencer. Those count too.

Might have to start a crossover Book Barn thread where we have an off-season boo club with this.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Sash! posted:

Look, I'm under no illusion about the student part of student athlete, but transferring that much? That can't be good for your college degree that you should definitely be working on.

He graduated with a bachelor's in psychology from UGA, and was working on a "second bachelor's degree in multidisciplinary studies" at West Virginia. The inherent, erm, value of those degrees I suppose can be left to the reader's imagination.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Lol an interdisciplinary 2nd bachelor’s instead of a Master’s in his field. That seems worse than just saying basket-weaving

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

HannibalBarca posted:

He graduated with a bachelor's in psychology from UGA, and was working on a "second bachelor's degree in multidisciplinary studies" at West Virginia. The inherent, erm, value of those degrees I suppose can be left to the reader's imagination.

I think it is fine at this point to just say "I'm taking whatever just to play football". Nobody cares.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Haven’t these guys run out of eligibility yet?

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Gonz posted:

Mickey Mental is the most Z-list DC Comics antagonist name i’ve heard in years

An ‘80s punk frontman

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bird in a Blender posted:

Haven’t these guys run out of eligibility yet?

The extra COVID year has led to a lot of guys sticking around forever. Somebody just became a ninth-year senior somewhere.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LeeMajors posted:

:suicide:

Maybe he’ll Joe Burro…..*bang*

I’m still reeling a bit imagining Billy Napier looking at the offense that got Chryst fired and then mashing that loving button.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Henchman of Santa posted:

The extra COVID year has led to a lot of guys sticking around forever. Somebody just became a ninth-year senior somewhere.

UTSA's qb is coming back next year for his 7th year I think. Or just finished it? I don't remeber but yeah it's insane.

With the UVA extra year they added on for those shootings were gonna end up with a team of 27 year olds that isn't BYU soon.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

HannibalBarca posted:

At least he has maybe something, because I'm pretty sure that the NFL isn't calling

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

LeeMajors posted:

I’m still reeling a bit imagining Billy Napier looking at the offense that got Chryst fired and then mashing that loving button.

Curiously, he's somehow the most accurate when he's running for his life. So that might get interesting.

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

LeeMajors posted:

mertz theoretically fits napier's system better than anthony but he just seems like a broken QB; maybe he'll have a driskel-like single year system resurgence but i am very disappointed in this news given the other players in the portal we were rumored to have interest in

just seems a very unserious decision from a team trying to bill itself as serious

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Sir Plus posted:

just seems a very unserious decision from a team trying to bill itself as serious

The Florida experience since probably 2013 or so.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I really wanted JT as the starter during 2020 but it’s pretty clear that he isnt going to ever live up to his recruiting hype and Stetson is hands down the better QB.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

KKKLIP ART posted:

I really wanted JT as the starter during 2020 but it’s pretty clear that he isnt going to ever live up to his recruiting hype and Stetson is hands down the better QB.

Yeah. It's a shame because he seems like a decent guy who unfortunately has the physical sturdiness of papier mache.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lol
https://twitter.com/coachfitz51/status/1605587509206884352?s=20&t=HJlOv8OEkz1KV55t95BpGw

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

That’s Damien Thorn :devil:

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/QuikTrip/status/1605580336577925120

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Gonna start tweeting and DMing death threats to QuikTrip when gas prices go up

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

2022 IHSA 8A State Champs 💍 | Loyola Academy ‘23 | Northwestern University ‘27 | 4.0 GPA | 36 ACT | Go Ramblers 🔴🟡 | Go ‘Cats 🟣⚪️ |

I actually respect that his high school doesn't do the "actually, you can get above a 4.0" :chord:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Hed posted:

2022 IHSA 8A State Champs 💍 | Loyola Academy ‘23 | Northwestern University ‘27 | 4.0 GPA | 36 ACT | Go Ramblers 🔴🟡 | Go ‘Cats 🟣⚪️ |

I actually respect that his high school doesn't do the "actually, you can get above a 4.0" :chord:

its a cheap private school too, at a mere $18.3k, just a few miles north of northwestern. its where the dumb kids go after they fail out of the public schools

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

NIL? do you mean *turns chair around*

https://twitter.com/AnnaH247/status/1605648564960591875?t=JEY6rk3QGu4LRLETRvj9Dw&s=19

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

googling is Clemson a public school

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Dabo was constructed in a lab to piss me off.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Come on guys that’s a joke from a 6 months old tweet you can’t possibly expect me to believe Dabo Swinney said that…

https://twitter.com/zachtnt/status/1605650882963640324?s=46&t=UsPGgCS3y5cDsLu1lz9j8w

oh my god i hate him

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

self-aggrandizing hypocritical shithead, I cannot wait to stop hearing about this loving clown

that said, :lmao:

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Someone give Dabo a swirlie or stuff him in a locker or somethin

Clemson is a public university, yes? IANAL but that sure as gently caress sounds like an Establishment Clause issue

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
paging general dog to the thread

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Dabo isn’t the worst person in college football but he is the most obnoxious.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
To bad college football coaches are immune to the law or Dabo might get in trouble.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

DC Murderverse posted:

Come on guys that’s a joke from a 6 months old tweet you can’t possibly expect me to believe Dabo Swinney said that…

https://twitter.com/zachtnt/status/1605650882963640324?s=46&t=UsPGgCS3y5cDsLu1lz9j8w

oh my god i hate him

Having lived in the south my entire life, I could see the light shift in his eyes and the first flicker of that sanctimonious smile just as he was about to spin his chair around and spread The Word. I've seen it a million times and it always makes me want to loving vomit.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

God I hate Dabo.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Sounds like a possible second commandment infraction

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and commiteth to Clemson, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon NIL

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I hope Dabo gets to meet God soon

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

General Dog posted:

Sounds like a possible second commandment infraction

Tenth as well

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/Misopogon/status/1605673264314884096

Apparently Michigan's 2023 class is kinda poo poo, but Michigan is going bananas in the transfer portal. I really don't know if it's Michigan's legendarily-bad NIL stuff, or just being a Big Name Progrum in the playoff for two straight years. But that pitch? Wooooof

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and commiteth to Clemson, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon NIL

progrum and pogrom is pretty close makes u think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Having lived in the south my entire life, I could see the light shift in his eyes and the first flicker of that sanctimonious smile just as he was about to spin his chair around and spread The Word. I've seen it a million times and it always makes me want to loving vomit.

I was going to call this out too. You can see exactly the "wait until they hear this genius" that only a youth pastor with a brand new object lesson has.