Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i just don't understand how a man so intrinsically celibate could have such a perpetually filthy and sex-obsessed mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

That podcast is legitimately insane. Just dropping weird poo poo like there's an entire expanded universe that already exists. Oh, you know, Nathfield, the famous prince of Nazareth whose coming was heralded by an angel named Gabriel. Who else did you think?!?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

POCKET CHOMP posted:

sounds legit.

Would have been more legit if he had made "Alan Smithee" a cowriter

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Angel Gabby sounds like a generic Disney fairy/fairy godmother. Billy the pig-person sounds like a cross between Daffy Duck and Bender from Futurama.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Guys, what if...

What if Nathfield is real?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
He's real, and he's gonna cleanse this bitch of an earth, baby!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i wanna nathen like an animal

i wanna nathen from the inside

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Frank Frank posted:

I'm having a lot of fun imaging the VA's reaction to reading this script but goddamn, they did it. Those people are fuckin' pros.

Whatever he’s paying these people, it is not enough.

The Egeez ad is just as inexplicable, whether it’s referring to Spotify with male pronouns, to rambling about how God gave Nathen GarfieldEats to prepare him for Egeez, to the interviewer who sounds like a fourteen-year-old and exclaims “gently caress yeah” to the upcoming Egeez launch.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Nathfield if you are seeing all and judging me please do not cut off my internet (just for starters)

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm going to listen to this later

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Ok I've caught my breath. I am diving into the Egeez commercial.

Nathen, "It's Iggies baby! (echo effect) OH JEEZ!"
Nathen sounds a lot like Tommy Wiseau.

Nathen: "So Iggies is a hoooome. It's a place - It's a safe hoooome for licensed source to trust that those products are sold by velified licensees in a restricted license territory that they bought in. (That sure was a sentence. The weird intonation and typos are Nathen's pronunciation, not mine)

Nathen: "So fans, when a mother wants to buy Paw Patrol..."
/audio cuts here to a clip of a woman saying, "She now KNOWS"
Nathen resumes, "She's gonna go to iggies. She can't trust Toys R Us. On Iggies she's gonna find variety"
(Nathen is unaware that Toys R Us went out of business years ago)

Nathen continues, "You'll also see the licensee's name verified and when you click on it, you'll see that it's because Iggies has verified the licensing agreement
/audio cuts to a clip of a robot voice yelling, "VERIFIED"
Nathen, "...so that's the cool thing about Iggies"
Robot voice: "IGGIES!"

Something about going to Walmart and finding 23 variations of Mickey Mouse or maybe only 1.
Robot echo voice: "NOOO!"

Nathen then repeats the Iggies/Oh Jeez thing from the beginning. I think he wants that to be their ad slogan or w/e
Oh my god this ad is 8 minutes and 45 seconds long and I am 45 seconds in.

Nathen says "Iggies doesn't reflect him. It reflects licensees/licensors as well as the fans. All 3 parties. It takes a broader view of everyone's pain" (Um)

Something about licensees tampering with excel royalty spreadsheets. Nathen is angry at licensees who do this and thinks they are ungrateful.
Nathen says he does not like Redbubble or Etsy and then asks if the other person in the room (???) knows those websites to which mystery person responds, "Yes I do". This is now apparently an interview. Other guy in the room then throws Zazzle under the bus as well.

Interviewer asks if Nathen has any big licenses lined up and Nathen responds that he doesn't have licenses. "We onboard licenses like Uber Eats onboards restaurants" (what does this mean?). Interviewer is trying to get his head around what Nathen just said and goes, "Oh I get it, you're just the middle man". Nathen says "Exactly".

Some weird rear end tangent about selling socks in Cincinatti.

Interviewer is still trying to figure out what Iggies does and Nathen is getting audibly frustrated that Interviewer doesn't "get it". (Probably too much Molson Dry)

Nathen: "All they need is one app"
Echoing Robot voice: "ONE APP"

Nathen likens Igeez to Spotify.

Nathen: "When something is disruptive and it's about to break something that they're accustomed to for so long - for decades, well that's gonna cause some pain for some. And because they're fear - they're fearful that they might lose their jobs, might BE ERADICATED COMPLETELY. And so yeah, that may be it! And you're gonna start applying to Iggies and maybe we'll hire you. It's life! C'est la vie, honey." (I am not sure anyone can apply for a job after being completely eradicated. And seriously, can you imagine working for Nathen?)

Now he's just repeating the little speech he made about the 3 parties and pain again.
Blah blah "going through the process" and then:
"And that's why God sent me to GarfieldEats and Scooby Doo I believe. The universe. That's why my experience prepared me for this. This big huge pivotal moment because I think that's gonna be groundbreaking" (I have no idea what Nathen is talking about and the interviewer has gone silent)

Nathen has apparently spoken with some company that owns the IP for The Smurfs - or he called them at least. They are apparently all-in on Iggies whenever the app launches. Nathen doesn't seem really clear about what the people who own IPs get out of Iggies except that they will now get demographics to see where their licensed items are sold. I am not sure how this fits into Iggies framework and I don't think Nathen or the Interviewer know either.

Interviewer: "Smurfs are uh...smurfs are blue, right"
Nathen: "Yeah! of course"
Interviewer: "But uh, that's not why the app is blue, right?"
Nathen sounds angry and says, "No, no don't start going too far with your thought process. And anyway, they're more baby blue and my blue is more..."
Robot echo voice "CHIC"
(I feel like I am going insane)

Some boring poo poo with Nathen just listing off geographic locations. Then he tells us that Saudi Arabia loves Star War and anime.

Nathen: "Everyone is a fan of something in this world and I feel that we should - I should capitalize on it and embrace humankind in general" (I think this sums up Iggies business plan nicely)

Then the ad/interview just ends with faint music playing somewhere in the background and about 20 seconds of dead air.

The end

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Dec 21, 2022

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Nathen also pisses me off cause he's always fixing his hair, this podcast is 100% bold and relatable

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Editor's note: When Nathen said "Paw Patrol" what I heard initially was "Papa Troll"

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I’m sure the frazzled mother of three who is paycheck to paycheck is worrying about whether or not owe patrol at Walmart is real? Why would t it be real and licensed? Why would anyone care? Why?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Every conversation a company has with nathen can probably be summed up as: SOMEBODY HELP ME GET THIS GUY OFF THE PHONE JESUS CHRIST HELP.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
oh wow so the podcast gets right into it huh

I do not like all the eating and other assorted mouth noises NATHEN

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Personally, I can't wait for Nathfield to wipe out all of you trolls with an extra, extra Clorox but with fairy lavender.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

quote:

Interviewer asks if Nathen has any big licenses lined up and Nathen responds that he doesn't have licenses. "We onboard licenses like Uber Eats onboards restaurants" (what does this mean?). Interviewer is trying to get his head around what Nathen just said and goes, "Oh I get it, you're just the middle man". Nathen says "Exactly"

Oooohhhh, so like UberEats, GrubHub, and Door Dash, who regularly gently caress over restaurants by offering the service when the restaurant never agreed to partner with them? Then make websites with menu items that don't exist, put unrealistic expectations on what a restaurant can put together in a set delivery time, and have shifty drivers that steal the food --- leaving the restaurant to eat the cost when customers complain?

Sounds great! I'm sure everyone will be clamoring to sign up!

Edit: also Frank, appreciate the write-up. I tried to listen but couldn't get either of the links to work. It's like my phone was trying to protect me. Thank you for your service.

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Dec 21, 2022

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I listened to the podcast. trip report:

I am worried about Nathen

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Oooohhhh, so like UberEats, GrubHub, and Door Dash, who regularly gently caress over restaurants by offering the service when the restaurant never agreed to partner with them? Then make websites with menu items that don't exist, put unrealistic expectations on what a restaurant can put together in a set delivery time, and have shifty drivers that steal the food --- leaving the restaurant to eat the cost when customers complain?

Sounds great! I'm sure everyone will be clamoring to sign up!

Except IPs don't work that way. Nathen saying, "Spotify/Uber Eats only with cartoon IPs" doesn't make it work. IPs collect royalties off of licensed stuff and are usually pretty selective about what their brand is used to advertise/represent. There's absolutely no reason whoever owns The Smurfs would let Nathen just insert himself between them and their licensees. Furthermore, Nathen says several times that by the licensee has to negotiate their own license agreement with IP owner so I'm unclear as to what Igeez actually does. The interviewer gets confused by this too.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

'interested when we launch the app' reads toe as 'come back with a functional product and actual existing customers and we'll talk'

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Frank Frank posted:

Ok I've caught my breath. I am diving into the Egeez commercial.

Nathen, "It's Iggies baby! (echo effect) OH JEEZ!"
Nathen sounds a lot like Tommy Wiseau.

Nathen: "So Iggies is a hoooome. It's a place - It's a safe hoooome for licensed source to trust that those products are sold by velified licensees in a restricted license territory that they bought in. (That sure was a sentence. The weird intonation and typos are Nathen's pronunciation, not mine)

Nathen: "So fans, when a mother wants to buy Paw Patrol..."
/audio cuts here to a clip of a woman saying, "She now KNOWS"
Nathen resumes, "She's gonna go to iggies. She can't trust Toys R Us. On Iggies she's gonna find variety"
(Nathen is unaware that Toys R Us went out of business years ago)

Nathen continues, "You'll also see the licensee's name verified and when you click on it, you'll see that it's because Iggies has verified the licensing agreement
/audio cuts to a clip of a robot voice yelling, "VERIFIED"
Nathen, "...so that's the cool thing about Iggies"
Robot voice: "IGGIES!"

Something about going to Walmart and finding 23 variations of Mickey Mouse or maybe only 1.
Robot echo voice: "NOOO!"

Nathen then repeats the Iggies/Oh Jeez thing from the beginning. I think he wants that to be their ad slogan or w/e
Oh my god this ad is 8 minutes and 45 seconds long and I am 45 seconds in.

Nathen says "Iggies doesn't reflect him. It reflects licensees/licensors as well as the fans. All 3 parties. It takes a broader view of everyone's pain" (Um)

Something about licensees tampering with excel royalty spreadsheets. Nathen is angry at licensees who do this and thinks they are ungrateful.
Nathen says he does not like Redbubble or Etsy and then asks if the other person in the room (???) knows those websites to which mystery person responds, "Yes I do". This is now apparently an interview. Other guy in the room then throws Zazzle under the bus as well.

Interviewer asks if Nathen has any big licenses lined up and Nathen responds that he doesn't have licenses. "We onboard licenses like Uber Eats onboards restaurants" (what does this mean?). Interviewer is trying to get his head around what Nathen just said and goes, "Oh I get it, you're just the middle man". Nathen says "Exactly".

Some weird rear end tangent about selling socks in Cincinatti.

Interviewer is still trying to figure out what Iggies does and Nathen is getting audibly frustrated that Interviewer doesn't "get it". (Probably too much Molson Dry)

Nathen: "All they need is one app"
Echoing Robot voice: "ONE APP"

Nathen likens Igeez to Spotify.

Nathen: "When something is disruptive and it's about to break something that they're accustomed to for so long - for decades, well that's gonna cause some pain for some. And because they're fear - they're fearful that they might lose their jobs, might BE ERADICATED COMPLETELY. And so yeah, that may be it! And you're gonna start applying to Iggies and maybe we'll hire you. It's life! C'est la vie, honey." (I am not sure anyone can apply for a job after being completely eradicated. And seriously, can you imagine working for Nathen?)

Now he's just repeating the little speech he made about the 3 parties and pain again.
Blah blah "going through the process" and then:
"And that's why God sent me to GarfieldEats and Scooby Doo I believe. The universe. That's why my experience prepared me for this. This big huge pivotal moment because I think that's gonna be groundbreaking" (I have no idea what Nathen is talking about and the interviewer has gone silent)

Nathen has apparently spoken with some company that owns the IP for The Smurfs - or he called them at least. They are apparently all-in on Iggies whenever the app launches. Nathen doesn't seem really clear about what the people who own IPs get out of Iggies except that they will now get demographics to see where their licensed items are sold. I am not sure how this fits into Iggies framework and I don't think Nathen or the Interviewer know either.

Interviewer: "Smurfs are uh...smurfs are blue, right"
Nathen: "Yeah! of course"
Interviewer: "But uh, that's not why the app is blue, right?"
Nathen sounds angry and says, "No, no don't start going too far with your thought process. And anyway, they're more baby blue and my blue is more..."
Robot echo voice "CHIC"
(I feel like I am going insane)

Some boring poo poo with Nathen just listing off geographic locations. Then he tells us that Saudi Arabia loves Star War and anime.

Nathen: "Everyone is a fan of something in this world and I feel that we should - I should capitalize on it and embrace humankind in general" (I think this sums up Iggies business plan nicely)

Then the ad/interview just ends with faint music playing somewhere in the background and about 20 seconds of dead air.

The end

I appreciate this trip report

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
The audio cuts are really loving jarring and weird. It reminds me of a radio shock jock playing random zany sounds - or that kid from bob’s burgers with the megaphone/sound maker thing.

It’s even weirder that he went back and inserted them into the interview portion of the ad.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
I experienced second hand psychic damage

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Frank Frank posted:

The audio cuts are really loving jarring and weird. It reminds me of a radio shock jock playing random zany sounds - or that kid from bob’s burgers with the megaphone/sound maker thing.

It’s even weirder that he went back and inserted them into the interview portion of the ad.

your description makes it sound like the Howlin' Mad Murphy pirate radio episode of Sealab

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Seems like terrible branding when the written name of your company doesn't resemble how it's pronounced. Like if Pepsi declared it was actually pronounced Poopzeye. How do you even get "Iggies" from "egeez"? It sounds like an Australian talking about a bunch of cute small eggs.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Steadiman posted:

Seems like terrible branding when the written name of your company doesn't resemble how it's pronounced. Like if Pepsi declared it was actually pronounced Poopzeye. How do you even get "Iggies" from "egeez"? It sounds like an Australian talking about a bunch of cute small eggs.

He clearly knows it’s confusing because he says “Iggies, baby! Oh JEEZ” at least twice. “Oh jeez it’s Ee-geez, baby” would make a lot more sense.

Oh and also, the VA pronouncing “Nathfield” as rhyming with “bath” was not a mistake because both VAs read it that way. This begs the question as to how Nathen’s name is pronounced. I’m gonna go ahead and assume it’s “Nath-en”

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Empty Sandwich posted:

your description makes it sound like the Howlin' Mad Murphy pirate radio episode of Sealab

A good... no a great episode.

You can run, but you can't hide from entergagement.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Wife: "Hey honey, I took off work early so we can eat dinner and take the kids to see that movie we promised them. Could you please preheat the grill to 375? I'll be home in 20 minutes.

Me: "Nathfield pisses me off too. He's always fixing his hair. He is our sole savior and warrior with cattitude in today's digital war on Earth! No one can save us but Nathfield, the prince of Nazareth"

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.
Mods change my name to Ikea rear end Splinters please

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Sorry about your pink rear end

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Frank Frank posted:

Wife: "Hey honey, I took off work early so we can eat dinner and take the kids to see that movie we promised them. Could you please preheat the grill to 375? I'll be home in 20 minutes.

Me: "Nathfield pisses me off too. He's always fixing his hair. He is our sole savior and warrior with cattitude in today's digital war on Earth! No one can save us but Nathfield, the prince of Nazareth"

lol

car dance
May 12, 2010

Ben is actually an escaped polar bear, posing as a human.

Unlikely because Polar Bears do not know how to speak.
Also it does not make any sense.
It's NATH field, not NAYTH field. This is what upset me the most.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
The descriptions of the trailer/episode 1 on the main page of his Amazon Music page sure are something:

Trailer:

quote:

"Meet the lazy ugly piggy #reddit troll and cyber attack hacker, Bill Kramer trying to sabotage the world online with his inflammatory, misinformation, and disruptive content about Nathfield to destroy him for good. It is a CATastrophe!"

Ep 1:

quote:

"The first ever dark adult comedy episode of The Nathfield show you have all been waiting for just dropped! The first hilarious episode introduces the epic showdown between Evil and Angel as they battle it out to determine the ultimate fate of the universe exactly as Nathfield wanted. Pig Bill Kramer, master of mischief and Reddit chaos, is determined to take over the world and turn it into a realm of darkness and despair. But then flies in unexpectedly, Angel Gabby, the guardian of good and righteousness. As the two clash in an epic funny battle of wits, jokes, and strength, the fate of the universe hangs in the balance. Will the evil pig triumph and bring about eternal darkness? Or will Gabby triumph and bring about eternal peace and happiness Find out in this hilarious episode of Evil vs. Angel everyone can relate to! *** Brought to you by Egeez App - https://www.egeez.com / @egeezapp Produced by: Entergage Pictures Executive Producer: Nathen Mazri - https://www.nathenmazri.com Written by: Nathen Mazri & anonymous Hollywood screenplay writer Cast: Bill Kramer - Ricky DB Angel Gabby - Angela Clark Sound Engineer: Jason 'METaL' Donkersgoed Recording Engineer/Mixer: Daryn Barry © 2022 Copyright Nathfield - All Rights Reserved

Sure Nathen, everyone can relate to this.

Also literally none of what he describes above happens. Pig man is annoyed when a fairy flies through his window or w/e. Fairy threatens pig man and they share a chortle at a few bizarre jokes and then the fairy leaves.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Cyber attack hacker

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Frank Frank posted:

The descriptions of the trailer/episode 1 on the main page of his Amazon Music page sure are something:

Trailer:

Ep 1:

Sure Nathen, everyone can relate to this.

Also literally none of what he describes above happens. Pig man is annoyed when a fairy flies through his window or w/e. Fairy threatens pig man and they share a chortle at a few bizarre jokes and then the fairy leaves.
Is this anonymous hollywood writer a thing he talked about before? After reading the summary I get why they’d want to be anonymous though

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
There is no anonymous hollywood writer. It's just Nathen trying to sound respectable/important again.

E: I really want to know where Nathen posts on Reddit so I can see his interactions with this pig guy troll. I'm betting it's just some reddit account named Bill Kramer

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Dec 21, 2022

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Empty Sandwich posted:

I appreciate this trip report

:same:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
NP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
How did Nathen manage audio that bad on that ad? That's really impressive.