Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Dango Bango posted:

I was going to call this out too. You can see exactly the "wait until they hear this genius" that only a youth pastor with a brand new object lesson has.

The body language is just pure southern Baptist horseshit, and it hit me so deeply in the hippocampus I got chest pain when I saw it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

LeeMajors posted:

The body language is just pure southern Baptist horseshit, and it hit me so deeply in the hippocampus I got chest pain when I saw it.

How’s that differ from Assemblies of God horseshit? Because seeing that video sent me right back to the AoG affiliated middle school I was in.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Nystral posted:

How’s that differ from Assemblies of God horseshit? Because seeing that video sent me right back to the AoG affiliated middle school I was in.

It’s not. That’s just the religion of all my weird preachy coaches growing up.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Dabo seems one bad leaked video from becoming a regular guest speaker at OAN.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

KKKLIP ART posted:

Dabo seems one bad leaked video from becoming a regular guest speaker at OAN.

Him and Gundy can co-host a “kids these days” featurette

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Arik Gilbert leaving UGA.

I'm not really sure there exists a place where he can play football and also be happy, but may he find it.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Gahahahah Dabo.

It's going to be so sweet when FSU beats that smug smarmy cocksucker by 14 every year from now on due to this blasphemy INSHALLAH.

WHERE'S YOUR PLAYOFFS NOOOOOOOWWWWWWW DABO

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

There will come a day when Dabo falls down that hill and it will be the best day of my life.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Arik Gilbert leaving UGA.

I'm not really sure there exists a place where he can play football and also be happy, but may he find it.

There are a few folks who know what happened with him, and apparently it was one of those "the fact that we have him alive and participating in itself is an amazing thing." By all accounts, UGA has gone above and beyond (according to his family). I wonder what happened behind the scenes, but with the TE room we have and the dudes coming in, I don't think he sees the field meaningfully ever. Kirby said that the only think getting in Arik's way of playing time is Arik, so it is what it is. Best of luck to him and I hope he can keep his head on straight.

A dude who is plugged in, realtalk posted:

He’s getting the guidance and supervision he needed here. We have the best med staff, period. He stole property of another teammate. Caught on camera and property was found in his residence. He was already buried on the depth chart and at that time he was removed from playing football. Removed his name from lockers in practice facilities and Sanford. Wasn’t working out with the team. Obviously player that had his property stolen wanted to handle it the old fashioned way and that was prevented by staff. This was shared by players and was addressed by Kirby on zero tolerance. He remains under supervision by support staff which is why Rusty was saying he was still with the team but for all intents and purposes, he wasn’t. Didn’t dress/travel last 3-4 weeks of the season. This all follows the events of last year which was much more alarming and dire. Could’ve ended very badly and would’ve made every major news outlet had it ended the way it typically ends when police respond to a manic episode. Arik has his entire life ahead of him. Football is not a requirement/mandatory. This secrecy that continues to center around him is going to lead to a disservice to this man. Then everyone will be sitting around talking about what they should’ve done differently. Pretending your kid is fine is also a disservice. I’m ranting, but screw the football; save the life. Create a stable member of society first and foremost. He’s young and spry enough that if God still plans on that being a part of his journey, he’ll carve a way. I guess what I’m saying is I hope no school takes him for the purpose of playing football. I’m of the opinion that it’s not important unless it’s part of a healthy distraction. So far at two stops now, it hasn’t been.

KKKLIP ART fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Dec 22, 2022

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

I want bad things to happen to Dabo

Like one of those taint infections from untreated hemorrhoids

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Oh man this is former youth pastor stuff, the kind that only the deep south produces.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

Oh man this is former youth pastor stuff, the kind that only the deep south produces.

I can’t take credit for this but a Clemson buddy of mine responded to this in our group text with this:

"N-I-L this and N-I-L that...
Let me tell you about a guy who was N-A-I-Led to a cross"

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
between him and Jack Easterby I've had quite my fill of corny-rear end Christianity and football combining thanks

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

LeeMajors posted:

I can’t take credit for this but a Clemson buddy of mine responded to this in our group text with this:

lmao

also nthing the "gently caress dabo" sentiment. growing up in the south has made me into someone who feels the hate in their bones when people do that poo poo

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I just got buy-in from my fiancee to go to the Bahamas Bowl some year. :getin:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

LeeMajors posted:

https://twitter.com/Harrison954_/status/1527332562095730688?s=20&t=Q6T6QsG2dsaEYoEwHUuxIA

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Relentlessboredomm posted:

also nthing the "gently caress dabo" sentiment. growing up in the south has made me into someone who feels the hate in their bones when people do that poo poo

I'm a northern Catholic and that stuff always feels weird to me too. If you have to go around telling everyone how pious you are, you're not pious.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

LeeMajors posted:

Dabo totally had a few of those T-shirts that used spoofed corporate logos with a religious message. Probably still does.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Sash! posted:

I'm a northern Catholic and that stuff always feels weird to me too. If you have to go around telling everyone how pious you are, you're not pious.

It always fascinates me that people who claim to Love Jesus always seem to forget the parts where he was like "dont bring attention to yourself when doing nice things or praying, just do them, and also be nice to kids"

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Sports760/status/1605817657437040641?t=CZ7I7kzE4faZpQTmKv7i3A&s=19

:smith:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Man that's way too young. :rip:

:smith:

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I harbor no good will for Liberty but them beating Clemson would be funny

Even better if Clemson beats Auburn first, like the fish eating a smaller fish but then getting eaten by a bigger fish, except the fish is one of those magnetic yellow ribbons from the Iraq war turned on its side

All of 31 :(

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Dec 22, 2022

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

fast cars loose anus posted:

It always fascinates me that people who claim to Love Jesus always seem to forget the parts where he was like "dont bring attention to yourself when doing nice things or praying, just do them, and also be nice to kids"

The biggest jesus freak I know is also the biggest attention whore I know. Claims he was a SEAL (He wasn't), claims he had Divinity Dr (He doesn't) and had a surprise kid that he left behind in the Philippines from when he was bridge crew on an aircraft carrier in the early 90's.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

wernox posted:

The biggest jesus freak I know is also the biggest attention whore I know. Claims he was a SEAL (He wasn't), claims he had Divinity Dr (He doesn't) and had a surprise kid that he left behind in the Philippines from when he was bridge crew on an aircraft carrier in the early 90's.

This all 100% tracks. The most vocal guys for that poo poo are usually the biggest hypocrites and liars about it. But hey Jesus forgave them!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

wernox posted:

I love how every military dork was a “sniper” or a “SEAL” and totally not burning human poo poo or scrubbing toilets or shuffling paper.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
That is my biggest gripe with vets my age. I think a lot of them feel left out and strut around with "cold war vet" hats and poo poo. I was a glorified typist in the Marine Corps 95% of days, and the rest of the time I was sorta like a sophisticated cable TV installer but for fax machines.

There was no shame in it, I got to go to cool places like Korea and Norway and Little Falls, Minnesota. The cold weather stuff was the neat part, the grunts were training to the use TOW2 and Dragon missiles to blunt Soviet armor formations sound familiar but my job was just making sure everyone knew when the general was coming.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

I love how every military dork was a “sniper” or a “SEAL” and totally not burning human poo poo or scrubbing toilets or shuffling paper.

One of my friends is the complete opposite of those guys and most of his "stories" are things like "I had a guard the huge pile of spent artillery shell casings because the Norwegians kept trying to steal them."

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Sash! posted:

One of my friends is the complete opposite of those guys and most of his "stories" are things like "I had a guard the huge pile of spent artillery shell casings because the Norwegians kept trying to steal them."

wernox posted:

I was a glorified typist in the Marine Corps 95% of days, and the rest of the time I was sorta like a sophisticated cable TV installer but for fax machines.

There was no shame in it

Yeah that was a bad generalization I’m just surrounded by lots of Operator Wannabe types that I know are shuffling poo poo around and doing grunt work. But public facing, they were totally Rambo bro (without the PTSD).

My dad was a 20yr submarine sailor and he was very upfront about how much time they spent sleeping and loving off, and it’s refreshing when people are honest about their experiences like yall.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah that was a bad generalization I’m just surrounded by lots of Operator Wannabe types that I know are shuffling poo poo around and doing grunt work. But public facing, they were totally Rambo bro (without the PTSD).

My dad was a 20yr submarine sailor and he was very upfront about how much time they spent sleeping and loving off, and it’s refreshing when people are honest about their experiences like yall.

My boss is ex-Navy and has no problem talking about the times he had to watch dudes pee for drug tests. Because it's funny.

I'm pretty sure the funniest military stories come from the people who did boring poo poo. No Tier One Operator is gonna figure out how to get Quake installed on as many computers on the ship as possible and throw a LAN party, which is apparently another thing my boss did.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The one guy I know who served in Afghanistan goes out of his way to note how pointless his work was. "We spent one year with the locals building a wall, then we tore it down to build another one."

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I work with a lot of vets and it does seem that generally the people who did the most badass difficult stuff are the least likely to mention it or give a poo poo about it except to tell funny stories about stuff that happened. The exception to this is upper management people, but I suppose once you spend enough time climbing ranks it becomes a huge part of your identity.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Slightly related, I just found a condom (still in wrapper, thankfully) on the shelf of my desk and I'm trying to figure out if it was my boss, my ex-Marine co-worker, or the co-worker who's a mom of three and more dude than the rest of us put together.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

So Mertz to UF is official but at least Oregon didn’t steal Rashada at the last minute. I’m still hoping we sign Hartman so he can start next year but hope is a lie

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

2019 top QB recruits, per 247:

Spencer Rattler (lost to UGA)
Bo Nix (lost to UGA)
Jayden Daniels (lost to UGA)
Ryan Hilinski (beat UGA!)
Graham Mertz (tbd)

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

2019 top QB recruits, per 247:

Spencer Rattler (lost to UGA)
Bo Nix (lost to UGA)
Jayden Daniels (lost to UGA)
Ryan Hilinski (beat UGA!)
Graham Mertz (tbd)

Bet Kirby has the UF game super circled now and is trying to find some way to get Northwestern on the schedule next year.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Fleck is apparently feeling himself as the border battle gets feisty:
https://twitter.com/andygreder/status/1605607369127378949

And the response:
https://twitter.com/Evan_Flood/status/1605652511108395008
Midwest slapfight! Let's gooooooo!

I'm just happy Minnesota finally has a coach that can be negatively recruited against. Anything said about Kill and his habits of getting into public screaming matches to try and force injured walkon starters to practice or Claeys's tearful pride in and devotion to covering up sexual assaults was just relaying facts, after all.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I work with a lot of vets and it does seem that generally the people who did the most badass difficult stuff are the least likely to mention it or give a poo poo about it except to tell funny stories about stuff that happened.

Yeah, my dad's got this friend who definitely Did Things in the 70s and 80s. It only comes up in really weird off hand ways. Like I recall him talking to one of my friends that had been in Afghanistan and he said something to the effect of "I passed through Kabul too" and "oh that was for work years ago." And eventually you piece together that he was there "for work" in 1983.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I've known two former green berets, and those dudes don't say a word about their service. Then there's this short fat dude I know who takes every possible opportunity to ask "did you serve?" He was a paperwork clerk in Germany.

LeeMajors posted:

:lol: I would not put it past someone to say something like that.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think Dabo know's he's being corny; I don't think he believes he's saying something really profound and provocative here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Paracaidas posted:

Fleck is apparently feeling himself as the border battle gets feisty:

God, he is so annoying