Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Is this a college draft?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Tortilla Maker posted:

Is this a college draft?

The SuperDraft is a hybrid college/semi-pro draft.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Tortilla Maker posted:

Is this a college draft?

yeah, its drafting college players. its pretty weird and archaic and you can see from the fact that every pick is being traded its become a weird sort of system where teams just use fake mls money to buy the draft rights to a player that in a normal system they'd just sign

KC broke the trade streak, sad!

Picks 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10,11,13 have been traded so far

G-Hawk fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Dec 22, 2022

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

G-Hawk posted:

yeah, its drafting college players. its pretty weird and archaic and you can see from the fact that every pick is being traded its become a weird sort of system where teams just use fake mls money to buy the draft rights to a player that in a normal system they'd just sign

A few of these guys also played in League One, it should be pointed out.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Any Mexican players?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Tortilla Maker posted:

Any Mexican players?

Probably not - mostly American and Canadian players.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

Edward Mass posted:

Probably not - mostly American and Canadian players.

Goondolences.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i regret to inform you that some st louis fan groups apparently call themselves the Saint Louligans

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

G-Hawk posted:

i regret to inform you that some st louis fan groups apparently call themselves the Saint Louligans

Saint Lunatics was taken

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

G-Hawk posted:

Names are hard!

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

G-Hawk posted:

and they're a bunch of cringey idiots whom I hate, but pretty much have their every whim catered to by STL City mgmt. god I hate "supporter group culture", and it seems like being in one will be the only way to get tickets to a STL game for the next few years.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Fake maybe?

https://twitter.com/LucaBendoni/status/1606329714783789056?t=OreqZ7fG699MpU3INpM_tw&s=19

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Probably fake - the rumored San Diego MLS club would be owned by a rich Egyptian.

e: Union-Tribune article: https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...pdragon-stadium

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Dec 23, 2022

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

the incomings are beginning to pick up, should be a fun january

https://twitter.com/tombogert/status/1608909484575064066

this seems like an incredibly good signing for LAFC? Wonder what the fee is.

https://twitter.com/tombogert/status/1608906794990211073

this seems pretty shrewd also

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

If I concentrate really hard and repeat my new mantra "Coach Wondo," maybe I'll remember to watch a Quakes game in March and maybe the Quakes won't lick the wooden spoon and maybe the Quakes owner will quit trying to move the Oakland Athletics to Las Vegas.

gettin beat by USL Sacramento, christ. Go Roots.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
The Red Bulls are apparently letting Aaron Long walk? The idea of this defense for next year is very scary.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
He appears to be SoCal bound:

https://twitter.com/tombogert/status/1610460857611481090

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Apparently Greggggg did a domestic violence way back in 1991

not to defend the guy, but how old was he back then? 15?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Apparently Greggggg did a domestic violence way back in 1991

not to defend the guy, but how old was he back then? 15?
18. They were college freshmen. And drunk.

And someone contacted the US camp during the World Cup to try to blackmail them or him about it.

And it happened on the same day as the Athletic article about Gio Reyna being a li'l poo poo came out.

And also Berhalter's wife and Gio Reyna's mom were college roommates.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Crazy Ted posted:

And also Berhalter's wife and Gio Reyna's mom were college roommates.

You might be shocked to learn who the informant is

This instantly makes Gio persona non grata even amongst the players, no?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

whypick1 posted:

The statement she made is amazing:

"Danielle Reyna said in a statement on Wednesday: "I thought it was especially unfair that Gio, who had apologized for acting immaturely about his playing time, was still being dragged through the mud when Gregg had asked for and received forgiveness for doing something so much worse at the same age."

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

whypick1 posted:

quote:

In response to Berhalter's characterization of the events, Danielle Reyna said: "Without going into detail, the statements from yesterday significantly minimize the abuse on the night in question. Rosalind Berhalter was my roommate, teammate and best friend, and I supported her through the trauma that followed.

"It took a long time for me to forgive and accept Gregg afterward, but I worked hard to give him grace, and ultimately made both of them and their kids a huge part of my family's life. I would have wanted and expected him to give the same grace to Gio. This is why the current situation is so very hurtful and hard."

God drat, do you want your son to get benched harder?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

nothing about this ongoing drama is good and claudio and danielle reyna should stop behaving like insane youth soccer parents

can everyone involved just shut the gently caress up and move on

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

G-Hawk posted:

nothing about this ongoing drama is good and claudio and danielle reyna should stop behaving like insane youth soccer parents

can everyone involved just shut the gently caress up and move on
You know that's not going to happen. The collective #BerhalterOut loons on USMNT social media are saying that this is more evidence that Gregg has to go because well if you can't keep USMNT soccer parents happy then you aren't a good leader.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

You know that's not going to happen. The collective #BerhalterOut loons on USMNT social media are saying that this is more evidence that Gregg has to go because well if you can't keep USMNT soccer parents happy then you aren't a good leader.

Admittedly I very much want Gio Reyna to be part of the us national team going forward so if the relationship is as permanently damaged as it looks, that seems pretty bad. But USMNT twitter is also insane and shouldn't use this because of their ax to grind with Berhalter.

Rosalind Berhalter must be loving furious about all of this.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Seems to me like Reyna’s parents burned a decades long friendship over *checks notes* World Cup playing time?

Completely normal adult behavior :colbert: I don’t like Gregg but this poo poo is awful from the Reyna camp.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

Isn't being able to tell entitled rear end in a top hat parents to gently caress off the #1 requirement for coaching soccer at any level in the US?

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Crazy Ted posted:

The statement she made is amazing:

"Danielle Reyna said in a statement on Wednesday: "I thought it was especially unfair that Gio, who had apologized for acting immaturely about his playing time, was still being dragged through the mud when Gregg had asked for and received forgiveness for doing something so much worse at the same age."

i’ve seen more grace with youth league parents. Gio still got significant World Cup minutes! In a knockout game! At age 20!

And then when everything came out afterwards, he accepted everything that had happened!Was he supposed to be starting? Would they have done the same if Gregg subbed him out and didn’t give him 90?

Just baffling entitlement, and it may blowup spectacularly in their faces. (Well, if Austin’s owner wasn’t also a scummy rear end in a top hat)

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Thread from US Soccer conference call:

https://twitter.com/cboehm/status/1610759674269208612?s=46&t=E4fMgGz-YohaB13_TGyhfw

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Lol it’s MLS as hell for everyone to act like Gio, who is a fixed starter for a real CL team when healthy and who was healthy at the World Cup, should have been playing 20 minutes a game.

Gregg is a loving moron who dumped everything to the press first chance he got, this is on him, as is not winning the group because he insisted on going with an MLS defender who decided to kung fu Bale

Gregg is a clown and needs to go, get an actual professional in there.

Gio might lose some standing with the MLS contingent in the MNT but who cares, that group should be happy to be there

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

"When healthy" is doing a tooooooon of heavy lifting in that first sentence.

US still would've gotten 2nd in the group had they beaten Wales because England would've had the superior GD.

Gio should lose some standing with the other players on the roster because this makes it look like if he doesn't play every single second possible (if healthy) then mommy and daddy are going whine to the federation about his playing time.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

whypick1 posted:

US still would've gotten 2nd in the group had they beaten Wales because England would've had the superior GD.

Gio should lose some standing with the other players on the roster because this makes it look like if he doesn't play every single second possible (if healthy) then mommy and daddy are going whine to the federation about his playing time.

Dang if only Gregg had a player who was in fact very healthy and good at scoring goals, he should have played him.

Anyway the goal Gio scored in his first game back at Dortmund right after the WC was pretty good

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

I dont care if gio reyna is the best player in the world and gregg decided to play entirely players from usl, gio's parents can gently caress right off with this regardless

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What’s MLS as hell about it is everybody looks worse for it. Ggg, Reynas, and the USSF.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

No it's not "MLS as Hell" because if it was then Don Garber would have ordered Gregg Berhalter to play Gio Reyna every minute via an obscure rule that he totally didn't just create somewhere in the crack of his rear end.

And Reyna's parents also would have received some Allocation Money.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

whypick1 posted:

I'm glad my level of professional success isn't impaired by my parents' attitudes.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Ignoring drama, i'm moderately pro keeping Berhalter but only extending him through 2024 because I don't think the grass is always greener and we could hypothetically use copa america as a cut point and probably have a much better shot at a big time hire at that point than now.

But getting pretty hard to ignore the drama and the case that we need someone who hasn't spent decades in the U.S. soccer hellscape is looking pretty good this week.

If its not gonna be gregg, the first interview question for USMNT manager should be do you personally know Eric Wynalda and if the answer is no they get to continue the interview

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

G-Hawk posted:

If its not gonna be gregg, the first interview question for USMNT manager should be do you personally know Eric Wynalda and if the answer is no they get to continue the interview

Maybe extend that to "know anyone from the 90's MNT squads". Sorry guy who fixed the plumbing at Kasey Keller's castle that one time back in '06, we can't risk it.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

USA should hire Herve Renard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
lol at anyone wanting to keep Gregggggg just lol, sad