Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
rev it up and chop in half?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

How are you supposed to deal with Ragers as a Zealot with an Eviscerator? Nothing I do seems to stun them, so I just trade hits and hope for the best. Turns out that doesn't really work when you're fighting three of them plus a horde.

Rev it and smack them. They'll be stunned while you're sawing into them.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Grognan posted:

rev it up and chop in half?

This, assuming you’ve taken the feat that renders you immune to attack stagger. Pulling out the Braced Agripinaa and/or throwing a stun grenade at your feet as a precursor are also good options.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

How are you supposed to deal with Ragers as a Zealot with an Eviscerator? Nothing I do seems to stun them, so I just trade hits and hope for the best. Turns out that doesn't really work when you're fighting three of them plus a horde.

Pull out your flamer and waste them along with every other enemy in a 20m radius.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Magitek posted:

This, assuming you’ve taken the feat that renders you immune to attack stagger. Pulling out the Braced Agripinaa and/or throwing a stun grenade at your feet as a precursor are also good options.

I take it this feat is recommended, then?

Anyway, I should apparently be using my special action much more often, I've kind of been neglecting the revving. I didn't realize it made that much difference. Is it best followed up with a heavy attack, to maximize the extra damage?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

block and/or push. they get a ton of stagger resist from attacks in the front while they're attacking. don't try to stuff their attacks with your own melee.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Teams should absolutely be sticking together, on the other hand, that plasteel ain't gonna find itself.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Phlegmish posted:

Anyway, I should apparently be using my special action much more often, I've kind of been neglecting the revving. I didn't realize it made that much difference. Is it best followed up with a heavy attack, to maximize the extra damage?

the light attack head bob with the chain running should kill them, the heavy attack activated will toss the pieces in an aesthetically pleasing way and also kill them

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Red Mundus posted:

Agreed. Bosses with shields are a perfect example of this. Nowhere does the game mention that shooting the shield is a bad idea so you get pubbies shooting it and getting shotgunned to death without ever really understanding why.

So I’ll be the first to gripe about the obtuse mechanics that they never explain but:

1) your shots make a bouncing-off-armor TINK noise
2) your crosshair flashes blue instead of red
3) it’s a loving giant shield.

Like, if you need “shooting shield does little damage” explained I don’t think a better tutorial is going to help you.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

the entire last week all missions with pub zealots was them just running off on malice and heresy no fucks given about teamplay or coherency toughness regen. So annoying.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Cyrano4747 posted:

So I’ll be the first to gripe about the obtuse mechanics that they never explain but:

Like, if you need “shooting shield does little damage” explained I don’t think a better tutorial is going to help you.

Also there are constant voice barks from the characters saying "DON'T SHOOT THE ARMOUR!" when you shoot the shield.
Like, if people are so oblivious that they can't grasp this, I think there is no tutorial which would make them understand it.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Red Mundus posted:

Agreed. Bosses with shields are a perfect example of this. Nowhere does the game mention that shooting the shield is a bad idea so you get pubbies shooting it and getting shotgunned to death without ever really understanding why.

I mean...trial and error? You shoot the shield, and see the meter barely move. Gotta put two and two together.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Cyrano4747 posted:

I think they meant the final boss that has the energy bubble shield, not the ogryn bulwarks with the big metal tower shield. It can be hard to tell how much damage you're doing to that guy's shield because the shield's health bar is moving from all your allies' attacks too.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Grognan posted:

the light attack head bob with the chain running should kill them, the heavy attack activated will toss the pieces in an aesthetically pleasing way and also kill them

I tried it out in the Psykhanium (on Malice difficulty) and the revved-up heavy attack is not one-hitting the Rager. :(

Is my Eviscerator not good enough? Damage is almost maxed out, but the Shredder stat is only at 53%, I guess that might the problem.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Mzbundifund posted:

I think they meant the final boss that has the energy bubble shield, not the ogryn bulwarks with the big metal tower shield. It can be hard to tell how much damage you're doing to that guy's shield because the shield's health bar is moving from all your allies' attacks too.

They are for sure referencing this, bulwarks don't murder you with shotguns if you shoot their shields

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Phlegmish posted:

I tried it out in the Psykhanium (on Malice difficulty) and the revved-up heavy attack is not one-hitting the Rager. :(

It might be the Shredder stat, yeah, that determines how much damage the rev adds. But I get by without one-shotting them; the stun is long enough that you can just rev it again and finish them with the second attack.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

S.J. posted:

Honestly the dog mode sucks poo poo. They could've had it spawn more of almost any other enemy type and it would've been more interesting.

Yeeeeep. Was on earlier. Dog mode was present on four of the twelve available maps, lights out was (as usual) on none of them, and if you don't like dog mode too fuckin bad, because the dog mode global condition has been on for a few days now, so it's actually dog mode on every map all the time, and oops all dogs on those particular four.

Meanwhile, there was exactly one Heresy map.

C'mon, Fatshark. Seriously?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is there any real difference between the Rashad and Antax combat axes?

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

Mzbundifund posted:

Oh sorry yeah, I meant the assassination target bosses with the yellow bubble not the bulwarks.

Jimbot posted:

Antax has cleave and the Rashad has finesse (faster attacks) also the push attack follow-up is different.

Antax I like more because when testing them, finesse didn't really make that big of a difference I found over cleave.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Phlegmish posted:

I would simply shoot them with my gun
https://i.imgur.com/uHnvHRf.mp4
(and also be a veteran lol)

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Jimbot posted:

They seem super similar moveset-wise, but for some reason I have a way easier time getting headshots with the Antax? I think it might be because of its innate cleave stat or maybe that's just a placebo :v:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

Agripinaa Braced Autogun is your maniac-armor killing friend.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Jimbot posted:

Antax is slower and harder hitting. it also has a (AFAICT useless?) straight stab as specialattack. its pushattack is a diagonal top left to lower right slash that's great for cleaving and triggering headshot/weakpot/oneshot effects.

Rashad's specialattack is an armor-piercing uppercut swing with the back spike. but its pushattack is a flat horizontal whack with the flat of the axe with bad damage and not so much stagger that irs worth doing instead of a second push.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Cease to Hope posted:

Antax is slower and harder hitting. it also has a (AFAICT useless?) straight stab as specialattack.
Antax's special attack does a lot of stagger damage that can knock Ragers out of their attack combo, so it's definitely not useless. You might need enough base damage for it to work though, not sure how it's calculated.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Is there any kind of condition to get an Emperor's Reward drop on mission completion? I don't think I've had anything since hitting 30.

And is there any way to get more crafting materials than I am currently? I grab all I can (open all the crates) but it's a trickle. They are shared to the team at level completion right? I don't have to race them to the pickups?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

BizarroAzrael posted:

Is there any kind of condition to get an Emperor's Reward drop on mission completion? I don't think I've had anything since hitting 30.

And is there any way to get more crafting materials than I am currently? I grab all I can (open all the crates) but it's a trickle. They are shared to the team at level completion right? I don't have to race them to the pickups?

There's a weekly limit of 20 gifts, IIRC.

No, unless you mean diamantine, in which case more will be around on higher difficulties. It's shared.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

SplitSoul posted:

There's a weekly limit of 20 gifts, IIRC.

No, unless you mean diamantine, in which case more will be around on higher difficulties. It's shared.

Yeah, I figured Diamantine was gated to higher difficulties as I've started new characters. Unfortunately I've hit a wall since I can't improve my gear much with the resources I have.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Phlegmish posted:

Rev it again. You can stunlock everything that isn't a boss by chainsawing them repeatedly

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Phlegmish posted:

Rev and go for body shots with a heavy attack, that'll stun lock them. Ideally you Rev, charge a heavy attack, and then use your charge and release your heavy attack to just lightsaber right through them.

E: yeah the low shredder stat is killing you here I think. For killing ragers iirc it might be more important than your actual damage bonus.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Dec 22, 2022

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
That said the "can't be interrupted" feat for Zealot feels like BiS; I've had that stagger animation when you lose all toughness happen so loving much as Ogryn, ruining my tempo every time.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

toasterwarrior posted:

That said the "can't be interrupted" feat for Zealot feels like BiS; I've had that stagger animation when you lose all toughness happen so loving much as Ogryn, ruining my tempo every time.

IMO it is, I always use it.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Jerkface posted:

The powersword is awesome but its the most OP at like malice and below

It's the best weapon because it doesn't give me carpal tunnel syndrome

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I feel naked without the backup of holy revenant, I just walk up to a crowd of 30 gunners and let them take the first hit when I'm feeling low enough for a heal and go to town on them, giving me a nearly full HP restore which will usually last me another 90 seconds easily.

Zealot feels like it has the most variety in their viable melee weapons, combat knife, lot of axe varieties, maul, heavy sword, eviscerator, thunderhammer if you praise the emperor enough.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

toasterwarrior posted:

Agripinaa Braced Autogun is your maniac-armor killing friend.

I found a pretty good one. Any thoughts from anyone on perks and blessings to go for? Also why does the consensus seem to be the Agripinaa and not the other braced autos?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Purgatus staff is growing on me for higher difficulties, though I think part of that is I actually use my melee weapon more to block instead of just shooting the voidstrike nonestop, infinite ammo flamethrower is pretty decent and unlike the zealot you still have a long range option for dealing with snipers/bombers/elite gunners.

Also you can easily proc your 10% chance to brainburst on the flamethrower and that makes it easy to have full stacks for peril resist and pop the occasional elite head.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Dec 22, 2022

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Are stances actually used anywhere?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It's probably not the most Efficient way to do the objective but I can't resist using a revved chainsaw on the eyeball objectives, it feels very doom 2016 glory kill

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

RBA Starblade posted:

Are stances actually used anywhere?
Victory screen.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I found a pretty good one. Any thoughts from anyone on perks and blessings to go for? Also why does the consensus seem to be the Agripinaa and not the other braced autos?

IMO take vs Maniacs and Flak on it, reload speed and vs Unyielding are good too. For blessings, I'm sure Crucian Roulette isn't actually working as intended (it's OP otherwise) but it's deffo BiS, and of the remaining Blessings I would probably take Hit and Run just so to minimize getting shot the gently caress up by surviving enemy shooters while you're laying down fire. Make no mistake, the Agripinaa is a close/medium-range weapon; if you want actual precision, take a revolver or MK12 lasgun.

Re: Agripinaa, I noticed that even with the lower DPS due to slower fire rate, the bullets have surprisingly brutal stagger/knockdown. Even if they get knocked on their asses instead of dying, I'm fine with that since a stunned elite/special is one that's not about to gently caress you up, especially in higher diffs when better DPS isn't always going to convert to a dead special/elite because they're that much tougher. IIRC, the Agripinaa also pierces past one target, so it's still really good against hordes too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

It's probably not the most Efficient way to do the objective but I can't resist using a revved chainsaw on the eyeball objectives, it feels very doom 2016 glory kill

Same here. I already have it revved up when the eyeball spawns