Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah I can believe Voodoo was a cohort. Protecting Circl on N1 was crazy weird decision I still can’t reckon.
Why "crazy weird?" What would you have done? At that point in the game there were no claims, it was "the person whose actions just got scum executed" or "a random person."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

vodoo was copped as town by binus but w/e could do annarc and ia

Okay fair I guess, I will say, with how many people who have been mechanically “cleared” I feel like at least one has to be from a poisoner not triggering gunsmiths or godfather passing cops

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

mega dy posted:

Why "crazy weird?" What would you have done? At that point in the game there were no claims, it was "the person whose actions just got scum executed" or "a random person."

If I had a protection ability 1shot I probably wouldn’t use it N1 myself. Id hold onto it til d3 or d4 when I have a better shot at stopping a kill. This isn’t mafia dadding, I’m just honestly explaining what I’d do

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

We could kill IA I guess?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

If I had a protection ability 1shot I probably wouldn’t use it N1 myself. Id hold onto it til d3 or d4 when I have a better shot at stopping a kill. This isn’t mafia dadding, I’m just honestly explaining what I’d do
Holding makes sense in a vacuum; you might think differently if you saw the other abilities I have.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Perhaps! So what’re you thinking dy

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Sandwolf posted:

Okay fair I guess, I will say, with how many people who have been mechanically “cleared” I feel like at least one has to be from a poisoner not triggering gunsmiths or godfather passing cops

sandy. i'm tired of reading this so I'll explain it to u

if you have a poisoner. and they're on scum team, they probably can still do a regular night kill, so they will be caught by gun smith.

in fact gun smith is supposed to catch any killer, which a poisoner would be.

there is literally a role called 'godfather' which isn't caught by gunsmith or cop, why not just say 'godfather'

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I kinda want Green Wing to make her own choice for her own reasons. It don't like vigs to use the "it was town consensus" excuse.

My #1 read right now based on how the vote went down yesterday is that one or both of TM or Anarc is scum. That voting pattern doesn't make sense for three townies. Tier 2 gut reads I'd say Toal, IA, or Circl. Toal just seems like she's being strategic and cagey in how she's revealing information and engaging with the thread. IA I don't even have an explanation for. Circl's theory on me in particular just seems weird and nonsensical and I think he's been coasting on Day 1 without doing much since then.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
I don't want to vote Anarc but as a dayvig target I'm ambivalent to them

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

if you have a poisoner. and they're on scum team, they probably can still do a regular night kill, so they will be caught by gun smith.

there is literally a role called 'godfather' which isn't caught by gunsmith or cop, why not just say 'godfather'

I have seen a poisoner role that was explicitly prevented from doing the NK to dodge this. Godfather’s can still kill so they’ll trigger a gunsmith.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Sandwolf are you a scum wolf this game?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

Also I wouldn’t assume a godfather avoids a gunsmith. Being able to determine if someone can kill already can get false positives and is different than alignment.

Not that there couldn’t be some scum role that avoids a gunsmith

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Also if someone is firing a dayvig can they do it sooner rather than later so we have more info to work on.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Holy poo poo I just spent 9 hours in a car I’m ducking exhausted

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Voodoofly posted:

Also if someone is firing a dayvig can they do it sooner rather than later so we have more info to work on.

yeah I got like 4 hours before I vanish into a puff of holiday cheer for like 5 days

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Quick yes/no, can anybody back up the whole recharger thing? Sorry its wicket to ask than read.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Green Wing posted:

Quick yes/no, can anybody back up the whole recharger thing? Sorry its wicket to ask than read.

Quicker, even

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm telling you rn that if I was your mid the god father would simply leave his gun at home and not be caught. On the mafia wiki there's an equivalent lawyer role, but there's no need for it.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

To my knowledge I have not been recharged

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Green Wing posted:

You mean like did anyone get recharged?

I certainly did not.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Never been charged

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

OK I'm not sure circl would have revealed that message D1 if they were scum, I'm going to go with the read that is closest to my heart.

##shoot Toalpaz

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

:munch:

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

It’s midnight over there so guess we are waiting a bit

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Didn’t get any recharge notification

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
it's symbolic of the dissolution of the bond between the tainted

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

It’s midnight over there so guess we are waiting a bit

Oof true.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Sandwolf posted:

We could kill IA I guess?

Why?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Green Wing posted:

OK I'm not sure circl would have revealed that message D1 if they were scum, I'm going to go with the read that is closest to my heart.

##shoot Toalpaz

Oh, sorry mod.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I think that was a good shot!

Well I hope at least

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Uhhhh GW just slipped in our masonry so

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Oh wait it's Toal!

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

Oh wait it's Toal!

Oh was that a slip lmao

I thought I was just reading it wrong

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Holy poo poo yeah I just reread the bit the salad is referring to - Toalpaz posted like an entire paragraph of conversation intended for scumbuds in the masonry.

Illu is town

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Green Wing posted:

Holy poo poo yeah I just reread the bit the salad is referring to - Toalpaz posted like an entire paragraph of conversation intended for scumbuds in the masonry.

Illu is town

The rest of us not targeted by the scum can still post btw.

Anyway I'm no longer sure whether the offending paragraph is a slip or just a thing that sounds weird out of context so I guess let's just wait until she flips :v:

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Green Wing posted:

The rest of us not targeted by the scum can still post btw.

Anyway I'm no longer sure whether the offending paragraph is a slip or just a thing that sounds weird out of context so I guess let's just wait until she flips :v:

Mafia edit - targeted by the SHOT

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Right in the middle of some frankly civil discussions on who might be an alien imposter Green Wing suddenly walks up to Toalpaz and puts two between her eyes! Very rude!

Toalpaz, Zander Alkova (Scum-aligned Roledriver) has been domed Day 4.

quote:

Zander Alkova (Scum-aligned Roledriver)

Before enlightenment you were an infamous confidence trickster. Known by many aliases your manipulative skills were unmatched. The hive has given you even greater powers. The very minds of your marks are now open to you. Your current cover is as station communications expert.
Once per night you may use one of the following one shot abilities:

1 x Rolecop: Release pheromones that encourage your target to divulge their deepest personal information to you. Your target's role, including starting abilities, will be revealed to you.

1 x Busdrive: Powerful mind altering pheromones allow you to confuse anyone lurking around in the dead of night. Choose 2 targets. All actions performed on one will be redirected to the other and vice versa.

1 x Roleswap: The very minds of your targets can be swapped, all be it temporarily, with the correct chemical stimulation. Choose 2 targets. If they performed an action that night their actions, but not their targets will be swapped. If they originally had no target a random one will be chosen. Your targets will be informed what their action was changed to.

You win when Scum control the vote.

Day continues

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Idle Amalgam (1): AnonymousNarcotics
AnonymousNarcotics (1): Sandwolf
Hal Insandenza (1): saladscooper

Not Voting (8): CirclMastr, Green Wing, Hal Insandenza, Idle Amalgam, Illusionis, mega dy, Tired Moritz, Voodoofly

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 24th, 2022 at 2 a.m. UTC -- that's in about 1 day, 22 hours.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Yeah Toal was the role driver so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back