Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

I would be down to get cursed into a horrible unlife as some mummified goblin dude. Seems like some of the hilichurls have a pretty decent time when the Traveler isn't blowing up their lunch for chuckles.
EDIT: And hey, much better rates on the elemental magic gacha. The shamans seem to have some pretty sick spells

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Ytlaya posted:

Getting close to my next standard banner 5*. I think it's guaranteed to be a character since last time was a weapon.

Tighnari dupe would definitely be best, though it'd also be nice to finally get a Qiqi, just to fill out the standard banner roster. Most other stuff would kinda suck.

It's not guaranteed to alternate, I got PJWS followed by Skyward Spine 78 rolls later

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I just realized that Yae has big floppy ears and its not just all her hair

my mind is blown

so does Sucrose

but not Dehya

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Fake animal ears, fake horns, fake insanity. They're all a bunch of phonies in that country.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Justin_Brett posted:

Fake animal ears, fake horns, fake insanity. They're all a bunch of phonies in that country.

Fake magic plague? I guess it was real enough for the people who had it, even if it vanished pretty fast in the end.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

my mind is blown

She is, in fact, a literal magical fox yokai. It's not like she hides it.

Justin_Brett posted:

There are at least three distinct cultures in Sumeru that have kinda been thrown together, and I presume that jewelry and clothing invokes where their roots are. Deshret seems associated with Anubis imagery and followers of the Goddess of Flowers wear her horns.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Yae loves to bully Gorou, the fox boy who doesn't cover up his ears.

At some point we need to have an all-out snark war between Yae and Tighnari.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Maxwell Adams posted:

Mihoyo should call a Yae/Gorou/Tighnari quest chain "Canidae Controversy"

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Ytlaya posted:

Getting close to my next standard banner 5*. I think it's guaranteed to be a character since last time was a weapon.

Tighnari dupe would definitely be best, though it'd also be nice to finally get a Qiqi, just to fill out the standard banner roster. Most other stuff would kinda suck.

It doesn't work exactly like that, but the more times you pull a character in a row, the more likely you are to pull a weapon, and vice versa. I don't know what the exact numbers are. It's been a while since I saw an analysis of it.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Maxwell Adams posted:

Its tail jealousy imo

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

my mind is blown

I had the opposite of this happen with Keqing - I thought she had cat/dog ears for a long time, but it was just her hair style.

Tsyni posted:

It doesn't work exactly like that, but the more times you pull a character in a row, the more likely you are to pull a weapon, and vice versa. I don't know what the exact numbers are. It's been a while since I saw an analysis of it.

Ah. Well, hopefully I don't get another weapon dupe then.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Keqing :respek: Dehya

Fake catgirl solidarity. Let's hope Dehya is as fun to use as Keqing is.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Maxwell Adams posted:

I think he's an inu boy, so it's a fox teasing a dog

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Welp. RIP me. Gonna spend all my time now doing Genius Invocation TCG.

Are Diluc and Kaeya a popular ship?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

Welp. RIP me. Gonna spend all my time now doing Genius Invocation TCG.

Are Diluc and Kaeya a popular ship?

Brothers? Oh yeah absolutely.

Have you heard of Supernatural?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

RareAcumen posted:

Brothers? Oh yeah absolutely.

Have you heard of Supernatural?

Stepbrothers! Diluc could get stuck inside a wine barrel.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Thats gross

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I actually didn't know Diluc/Kaeya had any actual connection.

Card game is fun. gently caress. Guess I'm never making any forward progress in this game ever again.

Also, wtf no Beidou card.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

I actually didn't know Diluc/Kaeya had any actual connection.

Card game is fun. gently caress. Guess I'm never making any forward progress in this game ever again.

Also, wtf no Beidou card.

:ssh: next patch

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Hell yeah. Time to grind out rank 10.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Is there even a point where you can actually grind? So far it's just been timegated for me so you get to play a few games a week then it's a lockout unless you buy another character.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
you can play pvp in the cardgame as much as you want for 0 rewards

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

you can play pvp in the cardgame as much as you want for 0 rewards

I want to see MHY put up a leader board (but still 0 rewards) for the TCG to see the ensuring chaos

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Just got absolutely destroyed by the maguu tavern challenge, god drat does he just have a shitload of actions every turn

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Lol c'mon Hoyo, what is this

I did have a sensible chuckle at these two though

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Lol c'mon Hoyo, what is this

I did have a sensible chuckle at these two though

All of Lisa's dialogue is pretty flirty so it's in character, but yeah that's not exactly something you'd want someone to look over and see on your phone screen.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

For me, this game is truly at its best when I get into the "I'm ready to just grind at checking things off a list." But I have to be in that specific mood. I think that's one of the reasons I had burned out earlier this year. I had gotten every Anemoculus, Geoculus, and Crimson Agate as well as all of the time trials for those 3 locations. Then when I finally got through Inazuma (which was a struggle) and got hit with the one-two punch of collecting in Enkanomiya and the Chasm and I just had no desire to keep going. This wasn't the fault of the content (which is good - Inazuma aside), it was because I just forced myself to keep grinding when I wasn't in the mood.

All this to say - I've been in an extreme "turn off brain and grind" mode recently and this is making me very happy. Just finished collecting all the Lumenspar in the Chasm over the last day.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I also find the card game very fun and addictive. I've been enjoying gradually going through all the matches and ranking up. I like how it spaces out character acquisition, so it's fun to mess around with new character combinations.

edit: It's kind of like the Arknights roguelike in that I have to be careful that I don't spend a very long time playing; it's always "one more run" (or "one more match" in this case).

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Is there a good way of tracking all the people you can play? Do they all show up on the map as soon as you can face them?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mordiceius posted:

Is there a good way of tracking all the people you can play? Do they all show up on the map as soon as you can face them?

No, only the characters youncan currently fight show up when you use the sarcophagus

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Coolness Averted posted:

No, only the characters youncan currently fight show up when you use the sarcophagus

Do they show up across the entire map or just in the area I'm in. Like, I used it on Mondstadt and saw a few people in the city I can face, but none in Liyue. I wasn't sure if it was a level thing or a proximity thing.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

That actually is a level thing! You unlock mondstat then liyue then inazuma is last I think

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Maxwell Adams posted:

A snark war between Yae and Tighnari with Gorou stuck in the middle, unable to tell if they're just teasing or actually flirting with him

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

slicing up eyeballs posted:

That actually is a level thing! You unlock mondstat then liyue then inazuma is last I think
After Inazuma you play cards in Sumeru.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

I think he's an inu boy, so it's a fox teasing a dog
gorou is definitely a shiba inu, look at his constellation

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also diluc and kaeya are sworn brothers. 'sworn brothers' is often code for homosexual relationships in chinese media and in history, though obviously it was just used as a signifier for a brotherly bond too. it doesnt translate well to english at all tho.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

It will point you towards the next one when you tell it to search. I recently was sent to Liyue for my next match.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

Do they show up across the entire map or just in the area I'm in. Like, I used it on Mondstadt and saw a few people in the city I can face, but none in Liyue. I wasn't sure if it was a level thing or a proximity thing.

You unlock them by leveling up. IIRC, all of Mondstat plus weeklies is enough to unlock Liyue, all of Liyue will leave you waiting for new weeklies for Inazuma, ect.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm already not great at the card game, do they get harder as you level up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Endorph posted:

also diluc and kaeya are sworn brothers. 'sworn brothers' is often code for homosexual relationships in chinese media and in history, though obviously it was just used as a signifier for a brotherly bond too. it doesnt translate well to english at all tho.

but also they literally grew up in the same house together and there are quests where kaeya goes back to dawn winery to visit and the family maids talk about serving him breakfast when he was a child and bug him to come back and visit home more often