Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

MassRafTer posted:

How did Nathen manage audio that bad on that ad? That's really impressive.

Probably recorded in a hotel room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
A radio play

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

POCKET CHOMP posted:

sounds legit.

They’re not allowed to be anonymous! :nallears:

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
I saw Nathen at a circuit party last weekend, ama

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
The interview is actually very funny, I recommend listening to it.

I do not recommend listening to the radio play.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Cyril Sneer posted:

My question would be wtf a circuit party is

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Cyril Sneer posted:

What's a "circuit party"?

e: gently caress, way late on that.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Cyril Sneer posted:

what kind of poppers does nathen buy

i bet he's off brand

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Starting Jason 'METaL' Donkersgoed as the Dutchman in the 1996 direct-to-video cyberblockbuster "Crackers"

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Frank Frank posted:

Nathen resumes, "She's gonna go to iggies. She can't trust Toys R Us. On Iggies she's gonna find variety"
(Nathen is unaware that Toys R Us went out of business years ago)
For what it's worth, Toys R Us still exists in Canada.

I didn't realize the "podcast" was only 6 minutes, now I'm tempted to brute force my way through listening to it.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Knormal posted:

I didn't realize the "podcast" was only 6 minutes, now I'm tempted to brute force my way through listening to it.

Oh really? I miss Christmas shopping for the kids there. They’re too old for it now anyway I guess.

Also yeah, the weird ad/interview is longer than the…skit? Radio play?

Megaraptor
Dec 10, 2004

Life, uh...finds a way

everdave posted:

I’m sure the frazzled mother of three who is paycheck to paycheck is worrying about whether or not paw patrol at Walmart is real? Why would t it be real and licensed? Why would anyone care? Why?

Walmart where there are TWENTY THREE variations of Papa Troll... or maybe just one! (Robot voice: OH GEEZE!) So you see, she can't trust Walmart, (or Blockbuster, or RadioShack), unless it's through the App!
It's really about humanity (robot voice: HUH?) and capitalizing on that.

Megaraptor
Dec 10, 2004

Life, uh...finds a way

Knormal posted:

So, no shade to the voice actor, but the pig man is *very* hard to listen to. Starts with slurping/eating into the mic. Then, I'm guessing in an attempt at "edgy humor," just gets vulgar and grotesque. I guess it vaguely establishes "pig guy bad" and Gaby is a magic fairy angel that will cut off his internet, or drag him to hell? if he doesn't get nicer. Something about Nathfield but I forget. Maybe she works at his whim or something.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I listened to the whole thing and summarized it a couple pages back. Spoilers though it makes no loving sense at all, is vaguely racist and also horny in a really bad and uncomfortable way

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Frank Frank posted:

Spoilers though it makes no loving sense at all, is vaguely racist and also horny in a really bad and uncomfortable way

This pretty much describes Nathen.

Megaraptor
Dec 10, 2004

Life, uh...finds a way
^ lol

Frank Frank posted:

I listened to the whole thing and summarized it a couple pages back.

I was just going to warn about the voice actor but it spiraled into a trauma dump.
E: thanks for doing the play by play, I tried a live reaction, all I could handle.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So what's the odd's he's ever going to get back to doing quaint stupid restaurant franchise stuff, or from now on is it likely he's just going to continue to spiral down into what ever videodrome'esq nightmare trip it is he's currently on?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

dr_rat posted:

So what's the odd's he's ever going to get back to doing quaint stupid restaurant franchise stuff, or from now on is it likely he's just going to continue to spiral down into what ever videodrome'esq nightmare trip it is he's currently on?

Stay tuned for episode 2!

(I doubt there will be an episode 2 but I’ll keep my fingers crossed)

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

car dance posted:

It's NATH field, not NAYTH field. This is what upset me the most.

This is distressing me more than it should

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Well he got to do at least a 100 episodes, otherwise there's no way he'll be able to sell it for syndication!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Last Chance posted:

This is distressing me more than it should

Since both VAs pronounced it that way, it’s absolutely not a mistake. This leads me to believe Nathen’s name is pronounced “nath-en” and not “nayth-en” which is weird but unsurprising

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

Akratic Method posted:

What's a "circuit party"?

e: gently caress, way late on that.

A big ol' gay dance party/rave. There was one here last weekend (or maybe two, I'm just catching up to the thread now).

kntfkr posted:

what kind of poppers does nathen buy

i bet he's off brand

lol, probably none.

He was wearing that white suit from a few pages back with like a pink shirt or something. He was by himself and he wasn't drinking.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Why the hell would anyone go to an all-night dance party alone with no friends, booze or drugs? That sounds miserable.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
The trip report was great, but one thing that you really have to listen to it to appreciate is how utterly bizarre it is to hear the actors try to make sense out of Nathen's writing. Some things, like the mangled grammar, are on him, but at other times I assume they only did one take because of how words are mispronounced. Is my hearing going, or at around 5:09 does she pronounce "satan" or "saint-an"?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Anybody familiar enough with Arabic to know how “Nathen” would be pronounced? Maybe that’s the key.

also a salute to the brave goons who managed to get through that podcast, I couldn’t crack a minute
:cheersbird:

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
He promised us a cartoon and gave us a six minute podcast

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

david_a posted:

Anybody familiar enough with Arabic to know how “Nathen” would be pronounced? Maybe that’s the key.

Surely he’s pronounced his own name in one of his many videos?

”It’s me, your favourite entergaging youngest ever Garfield franchisee, Nathen Mazri [note pronunciation], here to tell you that youth is an asset not a liability, and anyone who disagrees is suppressing you in fork jail”

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Frank Frank posted:

Oh really? I miss Christmas shopping for the kids there. They’re too old for it now anyway I guess.

Also yeah, the weird ad/interview is longer than the…skit? Radio play?
There are also official Toys R Us enclaves in Macy's in the US now, though visiting them is a lot more sad than nostalgic. Hopefully it's a stepping stone to them getting actual stores back at some point.

https://www.toysrus.com/stores/

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Scientastic posted:

Surely he’s pronounced his own name in one of his many videos?

”It’s me, your favourite entergaging youngest ever Garfield franchisee, Nathen Mazri [note pronunciation], here to tell you that youth is an asset not a liability, and anyone who disagrees is suppressing you in fork jail”

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7070271824034057477
He pronounces it normally. This only raises further questions.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Is Nathen supposed to be an Arabic name? I thought it was just an obscure spelling of Nathan.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Knormal posted:

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7070271824034057477
He pronounces it normally. This only raises further questions.

Lmao. Wow ok.

Megaraptor
Dec 10, 2004

Life, uh...finds a way
Pretty sure when he hired the actors and gave them the script, he just rambled his "vision" at them about trolls and boomers, and cleansing this bitch of an Earth, and maybe gave them their character image, and then disappeared, and what he got back had this mispronunciation of Nathfield because he never said it to them, and it was either too late to fix it and he didn't want to pay for another recording, or he just didn't notice bc that's "his editor's job" or something.

I just don't see a part two happening.

What's funny is if Nathen hired them directly you would think they'd make the Nathen/Nathfield connection but I guess it's absurd enough you don't make the connection unless you know Nathen like we do.

Ok so he apparently paid for "handsome sexy guy reactions" on this pic of Nathfield. Mneow!

The delineation between those comments and the real ones is hilarious.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Megaraptor posted:

Ok so he apparently paid for "handsome sexy guy reactions" on this pic of Nathfield. Mneow!

Lmao this is the most Nathen thing ever.

I don’t think there will be a part 2 either because this was pretty clearly made because he’s mad at some guy on Reddit and wanted to get back at him. I guarantee you Nathen thinks that “podcast” was a massive own.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm pretty sure the pig man is a dig at somebody who left a poor Garfield EATS review, as is a proud tradition with these enterprises.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I haltingly tried to explain the recent Garf developments to my wife last night and why it was so funny and she just stared at me with this very sad, blank expression and went back to reading her phone.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Megaraptor posted:

The delineation between those comments and the real ones is hilarious.

Reading the comments one by one gave me a legit LOL when I hit the final one.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
lol I just noticed Nathfield has a Garfield mug

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Crescent Wrench posted:

Reading the comments one by one gave me a legit LOL when I hit the final one.

I didn’t notice that one haha

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

david_a posted:

lol I just noticed Nathfield has a Garfield mug

I think it says Garficcino lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Frank Frank posted:

Lmao this is the most Nathen thing ever.

I don’t think there will be a part 2 either because this was pretty clearly made because he’s mad at some guy on Reddit and wanted to get back at him. I guarantee you Nathen thinks that “podcast” was a massive own.

Someone was definitely owned massively by making this.