Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The best outcome for a Black Adam film would for it to have never escaped development hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

NieR Occomata posted:

Where is Silk

Where is Silk

WHERE IS SILK

WHERE. IS. SILK.

WHERE IS SILK

Silk is Silk, and not Spider-Woman, so she's not invited

Same reason that All-New All-Different Jessica Drew and Julia Carpenter are there but not Mattie Franklin or Anya Corazon

I would've made a joke about them not letting her in because of her terrible costume, but they let in Renew Your Vows MJ, so clearly there is no dress code

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Post Slott Silk has one of the best costumes in the spider-family.

Slott Silk…Jesus Christ. Lean more into the whole “Asian sexpot designed solely to seduce Peter Parker” why don’t you, dude.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, the black red and grey silk suit rules.

I really like the design of Indian spiderman too.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

NieR Occomata posted:

Where is Silk

Where is Silk

WHERE IS SILK

WHERE. IS. SILK.

WHERE IS SILK

All valid questions.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

It is mind blowing, like genuinely loving nonsensical to me, that Sony keeps leaning in to movies on Spider-Man characters literally nobody on earth has ever given a poo poo about in like fuckin Silver Sable and Kraven and Madame Webb and Morbius, minor characters who have often never even had a solo comic and in the rare cases they did they certainly weren’t acclaimed or enjoyed or anywhere close to popular, and yet consistently keep ignoring the character gold mines like Silk, Kaine Scarlet Spider, any of the Spider-Girls, Jessica Drew, heroes with well-established backstories and great, in some cases ongoing, comics that they don’t use at all in any meaningful way. It’s absurd to me.

If the lord and Miller movies didn’t exist, we wouldn’t have any cinematic representation of Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man 2099, Spider-Woman, or some form of post One More Day Spider-Man (if you take the Peter B. Parker interpretation fairly loosely and make the dissolution of his marriage one that’s not the fuckin stupidest poo poo in the world). Like literally any one of those heroes could have, and could have easily, anchored their own live-action movie, and the toys that Sony keeps letting the animated movies play with in the toy box are the best options available overall while simultaneously using all the shittiest possible options for their live action spider-movies slate makes no sense to me. Like if they just did the former and not the latter, that makes sense. If they just did the latter and not the former, that also makes sense, because you can point to “we’re going off of what the numbers say are the most commercially viable options” or something. Instead it’s like this weird situation where somebody in Sony corporate thinks that Miguel O’Hara is a commercially viable character, but not as much as Kraven, oh no no no.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Madame Web movie looks like it's gonna actually be a Spider-Girl movie.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

As everyone expected.

https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/1605322145768165376

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

“Continue exploring” lol. We’re talking, what, 2027? 2028? until we get to the second chapter of the Gunn/Safran era. maybe there’ll be a cameo or something, you can never rule that out when the multiverse is on the table, but any implication beyond that is just face-saving PR-speak

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Barry Convex posted:

any implication beyond that is just face-saving PR-speak

From The Rock? I dunno man, that seems out of character.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Yeah to be fair I wouldn't be surprised that in 10 years or so a Crisis thing is on the table and all these people are getting a call. In the current era I don't think that's outlandish. If someone were to tell me even five years ago there'd be a film featuring all three live-action Spider-Men and most of the villains from their respective films all together I would have told them to get their head checked. But it happened.

I do love how on brand the Rock is. It makes me laugh. Got to love it.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

James Gunn is going to write Black Adam into the third season of Peacemaker.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

NieR Occomata posted:

It is mind blowing, like genuinely loving nonsensical to me, that Sony keeps leaning in to movies on Spider-Man characters literally nobody on earth has ever given a poo poo about in like fuckin Silver Sable and Kraven and Madame Webb and Morbius, minor characters who have often never even had a solo comic and in the rare cases they did they certainly weren’t acclaimed or enjoyed or anywhere close to popular, and yet consistently keep ignoring the character gold mines like Silk, Kaine Scarlet Spider, any of the Spider-Girls, Jessica Drew, heroes with well-established backstories and great, in some cases ongoing, comics that they don’t use at all in any meaningful way. It’s absurd to me.

If the lord and Miller movies didn’t exist, we wouldn’t have any cinematic representation of Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man 2099, Spider-Woman, or some form of post One More Day Spider-Man (if you take the Peter B. Parker interpretation fairly loosely and make the dissolution of his marriage one that’s not the fuckin stupidest poo poo in the world). Like literally any one of those heroes could have, and could have easily, anchored their own live-action movie, and the toys that Sony keeps letting the animated movies play with in the toy box are the best options available overall while simultaneously using all the shittiest possible options for their live action spider-movies slate makes no sense to me. Like if they just did the former and not the latter, that makes sense. If they just did the latter and not the former, that also makes sense, because you can point to “we’re going off of what the numbers say are the most commercially viable options” or something. Instead it’s like this weird situation where somebody in Sony corporate thinks that Miguel O’Hara is a commercially viable character, but not as much as Kraven, oh no no no.

All I need to see is something Hydro Man and Spider - carnage bandied around and I'll be convinced that all the Sony guys know about spidey is the 90s cartoon version.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

NieR Occomata posted:

Post Slott Silk has one of the best costumes in the spider-family.

Slott Silk…Jesus Christ. Lean more into the whole “Asian sexpot designed solely to seduce Peter Parker” why don’t you, dude.

there's this paint by numbers game i play on myphone that has a marvel section to it, whenever I finish a picture a share it to facebook and one of my friends is just getting into comics because of the MCU and D+ stuff. She saw this spiderverse image that had Silk in it and was really interested in reading about her, so the very fist thing I said was do NOT read her first appearance because holy poo poo was that bad. Such a great character with such a lovely start.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Gunn posted on Twitter that:

- They will be announcing the first slate of new DC projects in January.

- "Elseworld" movies that are one-shots that take place outside of the main DCU are in active development.

- Justice League Unlimited and Young Justice animated shows are inspiration for many of the new live action characters and movies.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Soonmot posted:

there's this paint by numbers game i play on myphone that has a marvel section to it, whenever I finish a picture a share it to facebook and one of my friends is just getting into comics because of the MCU and D+ stuff. She saw this spiderverse image that had Silk in it and was really interested in reading about her, so the very fist thing I said was do NOT read her first appearance because holy poo poo was that bad. Such a great character with such a lovely start.

It is absolutely incredible that “hot Asian woman literally designed solely to gently caress Peter Parker and also she’s naked when she’s first introduced” turns into legitimately the best character in the Spider-Family. It is loving mind blowing.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

- Justice League Unlimited and Young Justice animated shows are inspiration for many of the new live action characters and movies.

:getin:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Good thing they just announced hbo is pulling jlu next month

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

site posted:

loving lmao

wait, I might have watched JLU, poo poo

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

site posted:

All part of the plan to juice demand by making everyone get their JLU fix from the movies now.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

site posted:

I love that their plan is to kill the platform everyone has access to and force people to use a platform a lot of people do not have access too.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

NieR Occomata posted:

It is absolutely incredible that “hot Asian woman literally designed solely to gently caress Peter Parker and also she’s naked when she’s first introduced” turns into legitimately the best character in the Spider-Family. It is loving mind blowing.

Don't forget her first "costume" is basically Cindy wrapping herself in her own webbing which is organic.

It was pretty funny in the Midnight Suns game they call part of that out with Peter going "What? No! Spider pheromones' are not a thing!"

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Dawgstar posted:

Don't forget her first "costume" is basically Cindy wrapping herself in her own webbing which is organic.

It was pretty funny in the Midnight Suns game they call part of that out with Peter going "What? No! Spider pheromones' are not a thing!"

If they have that in midnight suns I should really play that. That sounds great.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

#restoretheTimmverse

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

NieR Occomata posted:

If they have that in midnight suns I should really play that. That sounds great.

I've been told it's 50% combat, 50% heroes hanging out. And Illyana and Nico are, to quote a friend, "Hella gay".

Gunn using the 90s and early 2000s DC animated shows as the inspiration for his slate of movies is the best idea. They unde4stood why these characters are great, and built on that. Oh man if Batman turns into Btas Batman in live action, he'll yes.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

site posted:

If that means it can come to a platform I actually have access to I am all for this move.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

I've been told it's 50% combat, 50% heroes hanging out. And Illyana and Nico are, to quote a friend, "Hella gay".

I hate card based mechanics and wasn't going to buy this game, but i took a risk after hearing goons talk about it and it is really fun.

Mr Hootington posted:

I love that their plan is to kill the platform everyone has access to and force people to use a platform a lot of people do not havewant access too.

fixed

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Dec 22, 2022

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Madkal posted:

If that means it can come to a platform I actually have access to I am all for this move.
Pretty sure this is further continuance of WBD's plan to save money by pulling content off of their platforms and not having to pay the people who made it

I mean they just pulled Westworld, a show that only recently finished airing, from the service (or they are going to shortly).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Didn’t they just announce that that stuff isn’t gonna disappear but is gonna move to the free ad services? So I assume that means it’s not about saving money via not paying royalties but rather making some quick cash by selling broadcasting rights and maybe testing the viability of ads as they try and figure out how to make streaming work?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

STAC Goat posted:

Didn’t they just announce that that stuff isn’t gonna disappear but is gonna move to the free ad services? So I assume that means it’s not about saving money via not paying royalties but rather making some quick cash by selling broadcasting rights and maybe testing the viability of ads as they try and figure out how to make streaming work?
I looked this up and Westworld, along with some other live-action shows are going to those services. I am not seeing that the animated stuff they are pulling is also going there but maybe that just hasn't been announced yet.

It's just really stupid because you're giving people less of a reason to keep HBO Max.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

STAC Goat posted:

Apparently, they are shopping some of them to the free streamers - not everything. But, WB/D doesn't own any free streaming service. If none of the free streamers want to buy it, then it just goes in the vault.

According to TVline, they are shopping these shows to Pluto TV, Tubi, and Peacock.

quote:

Westworld
The Nevers
Raised by Wolves
FBOY Island
Legendary
Finding Magic Mike
Head of the Class
The Time Traveler’s Wife

https://tvline.com/2022/12/14/westworld-the-nevers-move-free-streaming-services/

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah my impression of that is that’s it one part making some easy money by selling broadcasting rights like in the old days. And the other seems like it might be an experiment by proxy to see how things would go if they added their own free or cheaper ad level/service.

I don’t know that any of that makes sense. Just like trying to get at the motivation and whether or not that stuff is getting lost.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

NieR Occomata posted:

Actually, removing the tweet from here because Twitter is engaging in "discourse" and ugh, just let that site die already.

Parkingtigers fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Dec 22, 2022

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

In retrospect, Cindy Moon is introduced to the viewer butt-rear end naked, tries desperately to gently caress Peter Parker, gets turned down, then decides to cover herself in cum in order to go fight crime.

What the loving gently caress Dan Slott.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

NieR Occomata posted:

Dan Slott has some kind of reverse Midas touch where everything he creates turns to gold when it leaves his hands; see also: Superior Spider-man. Actually, Superior Spider-man would be a fun addition to the Spiderverse movie, hm.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

NieR Occomata posted:

In retrospect, Cindy Moon is introduced to the viewer butt-rear end naked, tries desperately to gently caress Peter Parker, gets turned down, then decides to cover herself in cum in order to go fight crime.

What the loving gently caress Dan Slott.

This is the same man who was so bent out of shape about juggernaut and she-hulk hooking up that he wrote a convoluted plot about a slutty parallel universe Jennifer Walters sneaking into 616 to bang superhumans.

He is not tactful.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Sanschel posted:

This is the same man who was so bent out of shape about juggernaut and she-hulk hooking up that he wrote a convoluted plot about a slutty parallel universe Jennifer Walters sneaking into 616 to bang superhumans.

He is not tactful.

Why would he care about that? Why would that make him mad??

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Was he all in on gay Juggernaut?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

SlimGoodbody posted:

Why would he care about that? Why would that make him mad??

iirc the issue is that Hulk and Juggs are mortal foes, arguably making it weird for Bruce's cousin to bang Cain "Slangin' Wang" Marko

but like, it's comics??? A lot of people make a lot of questionable sex decisions like, all the time, at least it's not a robot based on someone's dead ex-wife or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Lunatic Sledge posted:

iirc the issue is that Hulk and Juggs are mortal foes, arguably making it weird for Bruce's cousin to bang Cain "Slangin' Wang" Marko

but like, it's comics??? A lot of people make a lot of questionable sex decisions like, all the time, at least it's not a robot based on someone's dead ex-wife or whatever

All of my cousins have hooked up with at LEAST one person I can't stand