Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Idle Amalgam posted:

Everybody is a joat and I'm a vanilla botanist lmao

Dy also claimed botanist, a JOAT one, any thoughts on that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Illusionis posted:

and Toals flip talks about being part of the hive and enlightenement

Teach me to read a flip after driving all day

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Illusionis posted:

You got a cop too? Did you use it N2? Last night I paid another visit too voodoo using a different power, I'm a JOAT too

Correct, I also used my last JOAT ability to know what power you used last night

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Something that pinged me is that Salad and GW apparently didn't know their powers were swapped. IA themselves said that they were notified when they got roleswapped but GW and Salad didn't notice?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Illusionis posted:

Dy also claimed botanist, a JOAT one, any thoughts on that?

Dy is scum probably.

Check my post history. It supports my vanilla botanist claim

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Idle Amalgam posted:

Dy is scum probably.

Check my post history. It supports my vanilla botanist claim

If they actually claimed that. I have just been hiipfiring

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Toal might have bus driven someone yesterday

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

I'm going to take a moment to feel smug about immediately reading Toalpaz as scum based on the very first thing she said in the masonry. :smug:

OK if what Toal was putting in the masonry that read weird yesterday was indeed a skip, that makes Illu town and possibly AN too. Sand gets a defence and doesn't look good.

Tired Moritz posted:

Something that pinged me is that Salad and GW apparently didn't know their powers were swapped. IA themselves said that they were notified when they got roleswapped but GW and Salad didn't notice?

Also this yeah. I wasn't told I was swapped - just action successful, you now have a gun.

Are we certain that hum's clear of sand actually read sand, given the number of role switches etc?

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

I think I'd like to kill IA, dy, voodoo or sandwolf

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Also vaguely suspicious that Toal and Salad's discussion in the masonry yesterday is two scumbuds performing for the townies - and that this is potentially why the slip happened. Might just be wrapping myself in knots there, though.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
How was Toal defending Sand in there? If it was an actual message meant for scumchat why would she be defending anybody there?

I suspect GW and Salad didnt get any notice on the swap because Salad's retarget made it only target GW with herself

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Tbh Idk Toal suddenly started talking in the masonry that hasn't been active since game day 2 and Salad replied. But they start off saying that Toal is probably scum so I think I'm comfy with salad not being scum unless they suddenly wanted to start bussing in a masonry of all things.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

##vote Idle Amalgam

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Green Wing posted:

##vote Idle Amalgam

Basis other than early lurking ?

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Idle Amalgam posted:

Basis other than early lurking ?

I think there are only four reasonable candidates today.

Of those candidates, you are a notable absence of ever being mentioned by Toalpaz at all.

Furthermore, the vanilla claim with the same flavour as dy says fake claim to me. In the toss-up between you and dy, dy's posting reads more townie (though dy is in the 4 candidates for today)

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Toal probably did use a bus on one night, so it's not like those with only one check on them are for sure cleared.

Sand you can go ahead and reveal that, it's probably pretty clear why I chose Voodoo as my target for it.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
For lunch right now I'm only really feeling IA or Circl today. You ever wanna post some actual reasoning and casing on your scum calls instead of just questioning people sussing you I'll be happy to change my mind IA.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Nice shot GW!

Okay, I've updated the spreadsheet with Toal's role as well as her claims in mason chat. Toal leaked Sandwolf's entire role to us masons, so I think that clears him. Sand I was about to come in here grilling you over who you copped N2 if Toal flipped town so good thing you've done that work for me lol

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Sandwolf posted:

Correct, I also used my last JOAT ability to know what power you used last night

Have you used all three of your powers?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Sandwolf posted:

Upon reflection, this is a slip.

##vote Sandwolf

Toal claimed that she rolecopped Sandwolf in mason chat, and saw him as a JOAT with a track, a voyeur, and a cop. We know from binus's musings D2 that Sandwolf used his voyeur N1 to see binus get poisoned, and we know from Sandwolf post-Toal vig that he copped Hal inno N2. HOWEVER, it's impossible that Sandwolf used his voyeur N1 if the statement he makes in this quote is also true, because the only power he would've had left to use N3 would be his track, and tracks don't tell the user what their target's action was. So Sandwolf must have used his voyeur N3, right? But that's a contradiction, right?

Three possibilities:
1) Sandwolf knew all along that binus was going to be poisoned because he is scum.
2) Sandwolf got his voyeur recharged by Circl, even though Circl has claimed that his action N2 on Sandwolf failed. This would make Sandwolf and Circl scum together.
3) Toal was lying in mason chat about their result on Sandwolf. As in, one of the powers Toal claims Sandwolf has was falsified, likely the track. I don't see a reason for Toal to do this unless she wanted to clear Sandwolf by making his role seem incredibly pro-town.

So Sand - u scum?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Ok disregard that post I didn't know follow and track were separate actions, Toal actually claimed that Sand has a follow and not a track

##unvote

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Lol okay.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Illusionis posted:

For lunch right now I'm only really feeling IA or Circl today. You ever wanna post some actual reasoning and casing on your scum calls instead of just questioning people sussing you I'll be happy to change my mind IA.

I mean, that's fine. I've been out of the game and like I said, town would really have to gently caress up to still lose I think.

Is it a waste of a day? Sure.

Is it a huge detriment? No.

Hmmm, despite dy claiming my same flavor... they have made some pretty decent posts.

They rode TM during the toal GW tm stuff.

Could they be scum, perhaps, but let's have a look here:

Illusionis posted:

This feels like it's trying too hard to look towny, two implied scum reads on Moritz who's ever confusing and GW who just finished a big scum game, keep an eye on on Hal off a single post up to this point, feels forced ##vote Idle Amalgam
About me being suspicious of GW and making an effort post.

Illusionis posted:

Right been a bit busy, but finally caught up to the thread, right now Green Wing is pinging me the most. This post especially reads like she's calling out the plastic lunch expecting him to flip town and setting up potential pushes for d2, but giving a soft excuse to not appear like it's TMI.

This one also seems like she's floating a scum read on Cloaca to see if somebody would bite on the push.

Otherwise she's been a bit all over the place with hedging too maybe trying to find a groove that doesn't look like her previous scum game in MM2. ##vote Green Wing

Votes GW for playing differently than her scum game???

Then you maintain that suspicion on her.

When you push toal, they don't even acknowledge you really and they didnt comment about you outside of day 1 where they had a good feel about you. I think you were distancing from toal when they had a low degree of heat. Them being aced unprompted from GW changed things.

I feel like you're trying to secure an easy vote based on town perception.

But like you said, scum are more likely to content lurk, not be absent which I was.

Also, scum is my favorite mafia role, I wouldn't lurk or be hugely absent as scum, I'd be owning you noobs.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I dont understand night actions at all and frankly I'm not trying to. Pat yourselves on the back if you got a crazy rear end role I guess, but I've only got my vote and imma use it on this nerd.

##vote illusionis

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Green Wing posted:

I think there are only four reasonable candidates today.

Of those candidates, you are a notable absence of ever being mentioned by Toalpaz at all.

Furthermore, the vanilla claim with the same flavour as dy says fake claim to me. In the toss-up between you and dy, dy's posting reads more townie (though dy is in the 4 candidates for today)

I claimed the flavor first albeit through flavor posts:

Idle Amalgam posted:

Alright, I gotta keep us up-to-snuff with these GMO fruits and vegetables I'm growing in the lab. If you need profound, near-epiphanic, insights about the nature of the game, reality, or your place in either, you know what to do. Call me, beep me, if you want to reach me. Call me, beep me. When you wanna page me (It's okay).

Idle Amalgam posted:

You're betrayal in MM2 doesn't sit right with me :colbert:

Anyhow, I think my takes are good and reasonable. I'll probably do another efforty post this evening when I sit down proper, my mind set to the task of undermining the machinations of deceit, ferreting out treachery and corruption wherever they may hide, and extinguishing them at the root. Trimming away the rot with surgical precision so that new life, abundant and free of taint, may grow.

Idle Amalgam posted:

Classic third vote, scum vote, but I could see it.

I give you my hand trowel.

DIE, SCUM SLUG.

##vote Tired Moritz

Idle Amalgam posted:

lol everyone in here has interesting jobs and I'm just in the back of the ship chooming on space weed that I have growing behind the post-heirloom tomatoes and rice plants.

Me claiming botanist and vanilla has been established when I was just having fun with jokephase.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I mean, I don't think you're scum GW. If you are and you shot toal for cred, holy poo poo. You're one of the realest new scum players and I love it, but I don't think so. This whole flavor clarification is just to put you in the right direction.

*waves hand*

"I am not the scum you're looking for"

(but literally, actually)

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
This is stupid. My whole clear of dy is their reasonable posts and the contrived sci fi logic in my head that a space outpost WOULD have multiple botanists, but it is curious dy has my flavor and a role, and I have my flavor and a big wet faaaarrrttt

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I'm "on vacation" but I've got 90 e-mails to get to, then a family photo shoot with Santa, but I'll be back to save you all from yourselves.

Don't need no stinking night actions to solve crimes.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Although, if mod wants to give GW another dayvig by means of mechanics, I'd be fine with that.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Is dy cleared in any way? Cause I wanna read them and I don't want someone to chime in with a "lol sorry blah blah copped them".

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

Is dy cleared in any way? Cause I wanna read them and I don't want someone to chime in with a "lol sorry blah blah copped them".

No, not at all. It's all just "townie posting" - no mechanical clear as far as I can tell.

I'll also re-read - my read on IA isn't particularly solid so I'm not, like, wedded to it.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

mega dy posted:

I guess I might as well claim since everyone else has.

I am a doccish JOAT (flavor wise, a Botanist who does stuff with plants).

N1 I successfully protected Circl (this is why I was pretty suspicious of how Voodoofly claimed - I chose to act very differently despite having the same action).
N2 I successfully did something but would prefer not to say what I did or who I targeted. I will say that even though it was successful it did not have the intended effect and I suspect it was redirected by scum.
N3 I did nothing (it did not seem like a good time to use my remaining ability).

I have one remaining ability left, it is probably my most powerful one and I would prefer to not say what it is.

If there is anyone out there who can recharge actions I think it could be helpful to recharge me at some point. For the record, I regret not asking for this sooner.

A similar rationale was used by Toal to not reveal all of her JOAT actions. I think you should explain yourself in full.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Idle Amalgam posted:

I dont understand night actions at all and frankly I'm not trying to. Pat yourselves on the back if you got a crazy rear end role I guess, but I've only got my vote and imma use it on this nerd.

##vote illusionis

I'm not willing to entertain an illusionis vote due to the possible slip by Toal in the masonry just before I shot her, in which she stated that she would push me or Illu after AN, and that it didn't matter if she died while pushing me or Illu because of being so far ahead.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Green Wing posted:

I'm not willing to entertain an illusionis vote due to the possible slip by Toal in the masonry just before I shot her, in which she stated that she would push me or Illu after AN, and that it didn't matter if she died while pushing me or Illu because of being so far ahead.

Yeah, that's fair. I'm willing to rescind my vote of them.

What do you think about my flavor/vanilla claim now that I have provided proof that it's a schtick I've kept since the onset of the game?

Don't you think that's a bit too elaborate, and insignificant, a claim to make to try and save my skin?

I'm wondering about dy now, again, but their posts have looked pretty good to me, so I'm like dang... Am I scum? (that's a joke)

I can rationalize 2 botanists in flavor for sci fi reasons, but for mafia reasons, I wonder if there would be duplicated flavor. Probably so. I don't want to even think about flavor arguments.

I do think TM and Toals roles sounded similar, was I misinterpreting their joat swaps?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
##unvote
##vote sandwolf

or maybe salad

or maybe dy

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I'm not a JOAT. I'm a copycat

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I guess the flavor name for my role is "Empath".

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Green Wing posted:

A similar rationale was used by Toal to not reveal all of her JOAT actions. I think you should explain yourself in full.

I’m getting on a plane in a little bit so this is prob the last post I can make today. I’m traveling extensively so posting is gonna get very sparse over the next few days.

Its unlikely that I will get recharged in time so might as well:

I can give out a plant which makes my target sleep for the night (roleblock) but can cure poison. Obv Night 2 I targeted binus. I got a successful result… and binus died. And also completed his action. So something interfered.

I’ll go to my grave with my last action unclaimed if needed, it is very powerful but much less so once claimed.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Obv I didn’t want to claim that I can cure poison since it would be great to catch the scum off guard there and they probably still have ways to interfere.

Nice job on the shot GW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
what the gently caress