Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Sataere posted:

What the gently caress is going on in this thread?
i tried to help that guy against bullies and then he shot me and said i was the first and most important bully. it was the most hosed up thing anyone's ever done. but do you think the patriots should stick with mac jones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Cavauro posted:

i tried to help that guy against bullies and then he shot me and said i was the first and most important bully. it was the most hosed up thing anyone's ever done. but do you think the patriots should stick with mac jones?

Bill Belichick is the real bully. Yes I do.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Big QB news. Former first round draft pick Josh Rosen has been signed to the Vikings practice squad! This is his 7th team.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Sataere posted:

What the gently caress is going on in this thread?

The carousel is in your heart and the real quarterbacks were the friends we made along the way

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1605603095219621901

That's too rich for a short-term rental of Rodgers (more like a 1st and 2nd maybe) but I do like the symmetry of both Favre and Rodgers being traded to the Jets.

quote:

GREEN BAY PACKERS QB AARON RODGERS → NEW YORK JETS
Terms: Jets send 2023 1st, 2024 1st, 2023 2nd, 2024 2nd
Packers dead cap: $40.3 million
Contract acquired: Four years*, $144.7 million, $108.8 million guaranteed

GREEN BAY PACKERS QB JORDAN LOVE → WASHINGTON COMMANDERS
Terms: Commanders send 2023 2nd, 2023 5th
Packers dead cap: $1.64 million
Contract acquired: One year, $2.3 million + fifth-year option 2024 (~$20 million)

BALTIMORE RAVENS QB LAMAR JACKSON → NEW YORK GIANTS
Terms: Giants send 2023 1st, 2024 1st, 2025 1st, 2023 2nd, 2024 3rd
Ravens dead cap: $0
Contract acquired: One year, $45.25 million*

LAS VEGAS RAIDERS QB DEREK CARR → TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
Terms: Buccaneers send 2023 1st, 2023 3rd
Raiders dead cap: $5.625 million
Contract acquired: Three years, $116.3 million

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS QB JAMEIS WINSTON → INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
Terms: Colts send conditional 2024 4th (could become third-round pick based on Winston's playtime in 2023)
Saints dead cap: $11.2 million
Contract acquired: One year, $12.8 million, $5.8 million guaranteed

HOUSTON TEXANS QB DAVIS MILLS → NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
Terms: Saints send 2023 6th, 2025 3rd
Texans dead cap: $579K
Contract acquired: Two years, $2.5 million

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I highly approve of the Jets trading 2 1sts and 2 2nds for 2 years of Aaron Rodgers on 3 years of absurd cap hits.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Colts have Nick Foles under contract for next year at around $4mil as a potential bridge QB for whatever rookie they end up drafting, and unless Matt Ryan retires they're going to owe him at least $18mil ($35mil if he's actually still around), so I wouldn't consider them as potential landing spots for any veteran QB with an eight-figure cap hit.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Lmao that Lamar trade after Watson went for 3 1s and change. Hell the Seahawks got more for Russ than that theoretical garbage.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I also love the idea of the Colts hopping onto the garbage barge yet again.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Every team needs a gimmick

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
If the Packers hold onto Rodgers, then I don't see why the Jets wouldn't kick the tires on Love. Makes a lot more sense than the Commanders.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Jameis to the Colts is just beautiful

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Colts need a QB room of Jameis, Flacco and Daniel Jones next year

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
BRB starting a Jimmy G to the Packers rumor.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
If the packers can get value for love at this point I’m all for it

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Id be okay with Miami shipping a 4 for Love to be our backup. I think he excels in this system.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
Honestly, I don't think Love goes anywhere. If he does, the Packers are pretty much forced to draft his replacement in an early round and as I understand it, all the QBs this year are underwhelming.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Shrimpy posted:

Honestly, I don't think Love goes anywhere. If he does, the Packers are pretty much forced to draft his replacement in an early round and as I understand it, all the QBs this year are underwhelming.

Jimmmmmmmmmy.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Shrimpy posted:

how are they gonna give him a new contract when rodgers cost 40m in dead cap if he quits in spite

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Rodgers didn't show up to any of the preseason stuff except for 1 mandatory day. He was apparently the reason that the Packers offense spent most of the season not watching game film together and instead watched it by position group. This despite the fact that he lost his most reliable WR and had a lot of rookie WRs coming onto the team. He also didn't have any voluntary workouts over the offseason with the WR group.

I just don't see Rodgers putting in the effort on a new team to learn a new system, spend time working with his new WRs or basically anything that will help himself to become part of a new team. If a team is crazy enough to trade for Rodgers, it's just going to be like Wilson on the Broncos part deux.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Kalli posted:

Colts need a QB room of Jameis, Flacco and Daniel Jones next year

This would be some real "Seven Ages of Man" poetry in action.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Shrimpy posted:

The QBs this year are fine, certainly a few would go before Love if he was in this class.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

syzpid posted:

I just don't see Rodgers putting in the effort on a new team to learn a new system, spend time working with his new WRs or basically anything that will help himself to become part of a new team. If a team is crazy enough to trade for Rodgers, it's just going to be like Wilson on the Broncos part deux.
I wonder if Matt LaFleur and **checks notes** Mike LaFleur run similar systems with similar terminology.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

syzpid posted:

Rodgers didn't show up to any of the preseason stuff except for 1 mandatory day. He was apparently the reason that the Packers offense spent most of the season not watching game film together and instead watched it by position group. This despite the fact that he lost his most reliable WR and had a lot of rookie WRs coming onto the team. He also didn't have any voluntary workouts over the offseason with the WR group.

You could make all the same complaints about Brady's last year on the Patriots but it didn't stop him from getting the Bucs to the SB.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Are there any teams with an elite defense that can trade for a QB

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Diva Cupcake posted:

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1605603095219621901

That's too rich for a short-term rental of Rodgers (more like a 1st and 2nd maybe) but I do like the symmetry of both Favre and Rodgers being traded to the Jets.

I would be extremely excited to see how Gutekunst manages to waste 2 1st rounders & 2 2nd rounders on players who are very athletic but not necessarily any good against the things you want a football player to be good at.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

levis on the packers would be shweet

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

CharlestheHammer posted:

Are there any teams with an elite defense that can trade for a QB

The Broncos

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If Brady doesn't go to Vegas then Jimmy is. I can't see Derek Carr keeping his job there

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

You could make all the same complaints about Brady's last year on the Patriots but it didn't stop him from getting the Bucs to the SB.

Brady is insane and wanted to prove a point. I feel like Rodgers is half checked out. But if he comes to the Jets and proves me wrong I am not complaining.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

One first isn't enough for Carr. Even if the Raiders traded him for two firsts, I'm not sure that's worth losing a franchise QB.

Nov 6, 2002

What franchise QB is getting traded along with Carr??

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
yea sorry but Carr is Kirk cousins tier. poo poo he might be a step below that.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
I don’t really think so? If they didn’t have like 4 of the worst losses ever in the same year they’d be well into the playoff push already and none of them were his fault.

Nov 6, 2002

It wasn't his fault when the offense went asleep for half a game repeatedly? Perhaps not entirely, but the QB bears a lot of blame.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
He also didn’t make Renfrow fumble in overtime, or make Renfrow and Adams run into each other, or make Waller practically sabotage at least one game, to say nothing of the defense. Obv he’s not the best in the league but unless you think they’re magically going to get a Do Anything All the Time Dude (of which like 2 exist in the world currently) then they should probably focus on other issues.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Top 16 QB and that's nothing to be ashamed of for sure

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
yea top 16 sounds about right, which would be just at or below Qirk.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Relentlessboredomm posted:

yea top 16 sounds about right, which would be just at or below Qirk.

Kirk is probably right around #10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

The Andy Dalton line is the Derek Carr line now. Cousins is comfortably above that line