Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Burger place around the corner does a hangover burger that's bun, burger, bacon, sauteed mushrooms, and cheese. It's pretty good for like 9 bucks. This has been my contribution to the pyf burgers chat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

oldpainless posted:

Put a third slice of gravy soaked bread in the middle for extra flavor. I call it the moist maker. Me and my friends love it.

Not gonna lie I’ve always wanted to try the moist maker but could never remember to do it when I was actually making a turkey sandwich. But it seems like a good idea?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Not gonna lie I’ve always wanted to try the moist maker but could never remember to do it when I was actually making a turkey sandwich. But it seems like a good idea?

It’s a great idea friend. Just make sure to spread the gravy all the acRoss the bread. Don’t miss any of the surface area.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Thinking about making a burger with the crouton from a french onion soup stuck in the middle

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Data Graham posted:

Thinking about making a burger with the crouton from a french onion soup stuck in the middle

A burger with a hidden crouton in the middle, hell yeah. We call that one The Dentist's Best Friend.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mauser posted:

Burger place around the corner does a hangover burger that's bun, burger, bacon, sauteed mushrooms, and cheese. It's pretty good for like 9 bucks. This has been my contribution to the pyf burgers chat

Don't sleep on trying a hash brown in your burger. It's real good.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I am chatting with a friend over text about pizzas while reading this thread and now I had to look this up:

NGL I could go for a pizza burger right now.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Contaminated cronut burger cause of 150 illnesses at CNE

quote:

Bacteria in the cronut burgers sold by a Canadian National Exhibition food vendor caused roughly 150 people to become ill with food poisoning, according to Toronto Public Health.

The cronut burger, a beef patty between two doughnut-croissant pastries and topped with maple-bacon jam, had been the suspected source, but it was confirmed Friday afternoon.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Don't sleep on trying a hash brown in your burger. It's real good.

Ooo, i don't know. Hash browns on the side covered in hot sauce is my preferred hash brown breakfast

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Combining the hashbrown and Egg McMuffin is pretty much the best way to eat them. Squirt of jelly on there to really tie it all together.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Sausage Egg McMuffin sub folded eggs, add the hash brown plus grape jelly and hot sauce (Texas Pete packets from the glovebox).

Although a Tudor's Peppy biscuit with the Tator Rounds on it is dope too.

Yes sir I know this is a Wendy's

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

I was looking at an ad for parts for an old Suzuki Samurai I'm working on.

Edit:

And apparently failed at adding the pictures via awful app.

Ironhead has a new favorite as of 06:34 on Dec 22, 2022

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Soul Dentist posted:

Sausage Egg McMuffin sub folded eggs, add the hash brown plus grape jelly and hot sauce (Texas Pete packets from the glovebox).

Although a Tudor's Peppy biscuit with the Tator Rounds on it is dope too.

Yes sir I know this is a Wendy's

My father used to tell the story about how when they first started serving Egg McMuffins they came with jelly. He always ate them that way.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

they deserved it for eating what looks like it's covered in salmonella sauce with a cinnamon sugar bun

gimmick burgers are for dickheads too, the only ones even kinda worth it are either my hometown burger from Squeeze Inn, the Juicy Jucy or a PB/J/Bacon burger

Large Testicles has a new favorite as of 06:40 on Dec 22, 2022

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

There was a place in Chicago that had a burger including two half-pound patties, cheese, grilled onions, bacon, sweet peppers, and slices of ham. They had to use another top bun for the bottom.

EDIT: I also love Eddie Murphy's bit about house burgers vs. McDonald's burgers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08c0BXTVpfs

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

A cheeseburger inside a cheeseburger patty, using two deep-fried cheeseburgers as buns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7eUmZ4Sp3U

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I worked in a campus pub where we served a 1lb burger patty called the Yeti. It was so big, we had to finish it in the convection oven and the server had to tell the customer it would still take something ridiculous like 18 minutes to arrive at the table.

We also served a Monte Cristo sandwich (turkey/ham/Swiss cheese/mayo/mustard on white bread, egg battered, deep fried and then served with powdered sugar and served with a side of jam). One day, one of our bouncers asked us to Monte Cristo a Yeti burger for him.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mister Speaker posted:

I worked in a campus pub where we served a 1lb burger patty called the Yeti. It was so big, we had to finish it in the convection oven and the server had to tell the customer it would still take something ridiculous like 18 minutes to arrive at the table.

We also served a Monte Cristo sandwich (turkey/ham/Swiss cheese/mayo/mustard on white bread, egg battered, deep fried and then served with powdered sugar and served with a side of jam). One day, one of our bouncers asked us to Monte Cristo a Yeti burger for him.

Didn't you tell this story elsewhere or is someone else feeding bouncers monte cristos

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Milo and POTUS posted:

Didn't you tell this story elsewhere or is someone else feeding bouncers monte cristos

I probably did, I repeat myself a lot because I'm not very interesting. Could have been the Restaurant Industry Thread.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Are you the Counter of Monte Cristo?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I chose to believe that just a known standard bounce burger.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Mister Speaker posted:

omg I need to try this

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

dr_rat posted:

I chose to believe that just a known standard bounce burger.

A lot of the security staff at that pub were powerlifters, bodybuilders or MMA guys. Some of them were meathead Police Foundations students (one of the biggest programs at the college) but most were nice guys, and we obviously needed a solid security crew of giant men being a campus pub in such a college venue.

I've deep-fried and double-deep-fried lots of stuff for regular-rear end employees and huge nerds though. A board game cafe I worked in the kitchen of served some tiny slider burgers; a buffalo chicken, a banh mi pork belly on brioche, a fried fish sandwich, and a little tiny Big Mac. Pretty sure I battered and deep-fried all of these things for servers.

At another job I had more recently; in this case I was the aspiring bodybuilder security guard (also busser, host, bartender). We served a lot of ready-made freezer-to-frier stuff, and a poutine. I quit before I could follow through on this, but I would half-joke about celebrating achieving a target physique by ordering a gluttonous pile of 'poutine' except instead of fries it was pierogi, mac & cheese bites, chicken fingers and cut-up corn dogs, topped with double the cheese curds and some pulled pork.

Mister Speaker has a new favorite as of 08:44 on Dec 22, 2022

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
threads should be allowed to derail more often, burg chat is good and wholesome

except dickhead thick patty enjoyers, but really show good thick patty burgs cause I'm interested too

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Thick burgs are for looking, thin burgs are for eating

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Ironhead posted:

Edit:

"Do you come with the car?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqsTmF2Oicc

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I genuinely love derails but there is a good thread for this stuff too

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Thank you all for 12 hours of burger chat, but it is time to return to funny pictures.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Thank you all for 12 hours of burger chat, but it is time to return to funny pictures.

Roger dodger!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Does anyone have a link to the restaurant industry thread? I haven't read that in a while and can't find it

Edit: found in the spoon subforum

Mauser has a new favorite as of 14:52 on Dec 22, 2022

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Fries need some cheese sauce on them.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

One burger fed 150 people? And it gave them all food poisoning? Is this just viral marketing for the Troma's version of The New Testament?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ironhead posted:

Edit:

The system should really be smart enough to not show you your own ad

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The system should really be smart enough to not show you your own ad

"I have turned on my monitor, as requested, and the situation has not improved."

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Killer robot posted:

My father used to tell the story about how when they first started serving Egg McMuffins they came with jelly. He always ate them that way.

Redneck boba tea.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Archiving the World’s Saddest Destinations Via Google Maps

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

One burger fed 150 people? And it gave them all food poisoning? Is this just viral marketing for the Troma's version of The New Testament?

James Gunn agrees to make a Christian film with Chris Pratt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

quote:

Suicide Bay is located at the site of the 1828 Cape Grim massacre in Tasmania's far north-west, where 30 Aboriginal men were shot and thrown off the cliffs after trying to protect women from sexual assault by white settlers.