Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Captain Invictus posted:

My aunt worked for the new jersey environmental monitoring center or some poo poo and she could just ramble on and on for hours about how much she loving hated deer. A plague upon forests, the Trojan horse of the suburbs, lulling idiot suburbanites into thinking they're cute and harmless while they systematically annihilate entire forests worth of saplings while being protected from extermination by ignorant carebears despite their overpopulation. They really are just giant rats

Space Jam posted:

you haven't lived until you've run buck naked through a forest, being one with nature, turgid penis swinging with the freedom with which you were born, sneaking up on that deer and breaking its dumb loving neck before running off into the underbrush to avoid the park rangers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

null_pointer posted:

What thread was this intended for?

I think he just posts that in a random thread every couple of hours

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Captain Invictus posted:

My aunt worked for the new jersey environmental monitoring center or some poo poo and she could just ramble on and on for hours about how much she loving hated deer. A plague upon forests, the Trojan horse of the suburbs, lulling idiot suburbanites into thinking they're cute and harmless while they systematically annihilate entire forests worth of saplings while being protected from extermination by ignorant carebears despite their overpopulation. They really are just giant rats

ok

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
huge slam on rats outta nowhere

rats are cool

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
GASTON DID NOTHING WRONG

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

huge slam on rats outta nowhere

rats are cool

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Cpt_Obvious posted:

This is just what happens when you transubstantiate an entire birthday cake.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Rats are cool. Unlike deer, who suck.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
on the other hand nobody really looks at you strangely if you are eating venison

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

One time my FedEx truck startled a deer that then abruptly turned and stumbled and tumbled down a small hill into a lake and I laughed heartily at it because it’s a poo poo animal. It was fine though so it’s ok

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I can't believe Danny DeVito would do such a thing.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Got a genuine laugh out of me, perfect.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Grognan posted:

on the other hand nobody really looks at you strangely if you are eating venison

They would if you just sprinted into the field and started biting at the deer

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I love your highlights sections. goon lists still innovating half a decde on

Relax Or DIE posted:

I always enjoy the lists – I read every post in these threads – but I know not all of you are about reading. You’re about gaming! So this year I thought I’d provide an option for those of you who may wish to engage with a top ten in the most gamer fashion: blasting demons. If you’d like to instead play my goty list in Doom 2, here you go: https://github.com/RelaxOD/doomwads/blob/main/gotyrod.wad

Wittgen posted:

"Wow, goons are still innovating best of lists" followed immediately by "I made my list as a doom wad" is just incredible.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

A new twist in the old "Who killed JFK?" argument

Endman posted:

Oswald loading his carcano with loving flubber

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

sebmojo posted:

Today I found out that Clifford "cuckoo's egg" Stoll now has a business selling Klein bottles from an intensely 1993-rear end website and that knowledge has given me a great sense of well-being

I'm glad you posted this bc I ordered one for my scientist BFF and Mr Stoll emailed me an utterly charming series of photos of the bottle by his wife's garden and then the process of packing the piece.

it showed up today and he's drawn on the box, sent some extensive literature, and drawn and written on that, too. very wholesome, 10/10.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Chamale posted:

A new twist in the old "Who killed JFK?" argument

People still periodically post that "magic bullet" poo poo like it hasn't been completely debunked.

But also lol

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Robobot posted:

I don't like his floors. Gray floors make any room boring and uninteresting.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Empty Sandwich posted:

I'm glad you posted this bc I ordered one for my scientist BFF and Mr Stoll emailed me an utterly charming series of photos of the bottle by his wife's garden and then the process of packing the piece.

it showed up today and he's drawn on the box, sent some extensive literature, and drawn and written on that, too. very wholesome, 10/10.

:angel:

E: Stoll also wrote a "actually the internet totally loving sucks" Jeremiad that at the time I rolled my eyes at buuuuut....

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Whoa there buddy, this isn't the place for awesome, wholesome forum quotes :mods:

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Empty Sandwich posted:

Did he send photos of his extensive warehouse?

https://youtu.be/Mw54zsON4MI

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Captain Hygiene posted:

Whoa there buddy, this isn't the place for awesome, wholesome forum quotes :mods:

they won't let me ban him, but I keep trying

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I don't know about Robobot, but I'd be worried if someone sent me a letter like that written on skin.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

flavor.flv posted:

You can't just dump supermechagodzilla on twitter normies they'll start tearing each other apart like event horizon

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Absolutely incredible

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Jedit posted:

I don't know about Robobot, but I'd be worried if someone sent me a letter like that written on skin.

I just feel bad for them because they have to live with those floors. Could you even imagine?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

The Sausages posted:

TOW has a ~4kg warhead so it may have been something else bc my memory of TOW vs Infantry vids is rather vivid. Also it's apocryphal but apparently people can chill after a "close one" without knowing they're hit by shrapnel.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Omae wa mou shrapneldeiru.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

McNally posted:

I think this happened at 135th Gettysburg in 1998. This was a big event that took place during the heyday of reenacting, when they could field almost as many reenactors as there were soldiers on the field.

The story takes place on the night of the second day of the reenactment. The Union lines held firm after repulsing a Confederate attack on the flanks. It was a particularly hot and dry July that year, so he and his fellows decided the best way to end the night is with beer and wings someplace air conditioned.

Many beers were consumed, much air condition absorbed, and so most of the reenactors called it a night and returned to their tents. But not our hero. He and a friend, who had also been recently divorced, felt it necessary to explore the popular drinking establishments of fine historic Gettysburg. At one such establishment they encountered some college students and decided to drink with them.

Shots may have been involved.

So at last call, our hero decides to order a final round of shots to cap off the night before he and his compatriot returned to camp. Bracing his hand on an object above the bar, he stood there waiting for his order. Once delivered, he attempted to disentangle his hand from the object above the bar, only to find his hand was caught. Refusing to be deterred by such an entanglement, he yanked his hand down, freeing it, and returned to his new friends and their final shots.

It was about this point he discovered his hand was dripping.

As it happens, the object above the bar was a shark's jaw.

"Hey, you're bleeding," said one of the college students.

"Ayyyyymm finessssssnobideal" replied our hero, wrapping his hand in his handkerchief.

Finishing their shots, our hero and his comrade decided to return to camp.

Only to discover they had no loving idea where they were.

After stumbling around for awhile, they eventually lost consciousness in a field and awoke to find the sun's harsh glare staring down at them, in silent judgement. Now that they could see where they were and where they were going, they returned to the camp. Our hero found his way to his tent, crawled inside, lie down, and closed his eyes.

"FIRST CALL!" Time for Pickett's Charge!

Swearing profusely, he crawled out of his tent, put on his gear and noticed that his hand kinda hurt. Oh, and his handkerchief was tied around it. And it was soaked in blood. Still, not wanting to miss the day's events, he staggered into formation, marched with the regiment to their position, and resumed his nap. I don't remember whether or not he participated in the fight, but I think he did.

Afterwards he found his way to one of the medical tents the event established in the event of things like "heat stroke" and "sprained ankles"

"Hey," he said, "I, uh, snagged my hand on my bayonet." They looked at his hand and decided that he needed to see a doctor.

The doctor looked at his hand and asked what happened.

"I think I snagged it on my bayonet or something, I dunno" said our hero.

The doctor was having none of it.

"I interned in Florida. I know a shark bite when I see one. What the gently caress happened to your hand?"

So our hero reluctantly told the doctor about the jaws above the bar. His hand was cleaned and treated and our hero left in search of some aspirin and water.

This is not the end of the story.

A week or so later, the local paper ran a story about the big reenactment. There was a sidebar item next to the article, talking about the hard work of medical volunteers which had a tallied list of injuries and wounds sustained that weekend:

Heat exhaustion: 128
Sprained ankles: 47
Broken foot: 3
Shark bite: 1

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Cythereal posted:

This is not the end of the story.

:prepop:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

:coolfish:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

RFC2324 posted:

they won't let me ban him, but I keep trying

Jeff receives a steady supply of goatse pottery :coal:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
You are doing God's work :cheers:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
good story and an amazing finale

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

echinopsis posted:

fool the gait tracking by getting extremely intoxicant on a variety of different intoxicants on different days

Casual Encountess posted:

or just start wearin heels to work! but not every day!

Beeftweeter posted:

better yet, wear heels on one foot but not the other (switch during the day), but sometimes both and sometimes neither. nobody will have any idea how tall you are

PokeJoe posted:

The Russians put a pebble in their shoe

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Mister Speaker posted:

Contaminated cronut burger cause of 150 illnesses at CNE

quote:

Bacteria in the cronut burgers sold by a Canadian National Exhibition food vendor caused roughly 150 people to become ill with food poisoning, according to Toronto Public Health.

The cronut burger, a beef patty between two doughnut-croissant pastries and topped with maple-bacon jam, had been the suspected source, but it was confirmed Friday afternoon.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

One burger fed 150 people? And it gave them all food poisoning? Is this just viral marketing for the Troma's version of The New Testament?

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Pontificating rear end posted:

If you think about it Santa is a sovereign citizen

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

OH HO HO HO, THE GOLD TRIM ON MY SLEIGH MEANS YOU CAN'T PULL ME OVER, FED!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Actual sodomy would probably be preferable

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Sapozhnik posted:

why do americans all seem to hate their families

rotor posted:

what would you do if YOUR family were all americans?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That is not an American. Unless that Christmas cracker crown is actually a Burger King crown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Britain is just store-brand America