Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
lmao 133.00

Wonder if it will go <130 today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
18650s are pretty amazing things. Our archaeological layer will be full of them.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Oh man its in for another beating today.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
the seven grand price drop still means the equivalent Tesla costs more than a chuffing electric Porsche with more features including a glovebox handle.

The musk fanboy commentators are lunatics, they think the drop in share prices are down to the "woke liberals" turning on musk, like anyone owes any loyalty to the CEO of a company you are buying a product or shares from, and you got to wonder why? Do they think people who are not racist and vote democrat are incapable of shopping around for a car? Do they think a normal person seeing the lot full of parked teslas picture coupled with a huge waiting list isn't going to think it's a red flag?

It's fairly obvious that at this point the only demographic for Tesla cars are lunatic right wingers prepared to stop buying gas cars in order to show those filthy leftists that they support musk, which is what? 6 people? Do these people not see that if they go on a stock website for grown ups with their piss and biscuits $100k retirement fund investment and start spouting absolute bollocks about the Ukraine and the jews then some intern isn't going to go "oh wow you seen this" to their hedge fund manager boss.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
lol that Twitter added a stock ticker. Some real web 3.0 poo poo right there.

What do we get next? weather widget?

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Withnail posted:

He didnt use Tesla as his example was nice

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Withnail posted:

View count on tweets

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Withnail posted:

I assume he'll brag about how much engagement the new feature got today... because people were using it to watch his other company's stock drop

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Its interesting to think who made him do this

Even if they were like OK, This might go south fast, but thats still OK

Wee fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Dec 22, 2022

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Musk has currently lost 2.5 billion dollars today.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He did. He must own his decisions, his failures and his flaws. Do not allow him to blame other people for his own stupidity.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

cr0y posted:

I would honestly gain a lot of respect for the guy if he just came out and said he has a humiliation fetish and he gives zero fucks about blowing colossal amounts of money to appease it.

Ironically, that would be a huge turn-off for him.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

serious gaylord posted:

Musk has currently lost 2.5 billion dollars today.

*Ahem*

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1605714208338780160?cxt=HHwWgICl7ZSk0sgsAAAA

Love that there's still so many people who are convinced he's going to use space travel and electric vehicles to help save humanity, when meanwhile he genuinely believes that the biggest threats out there are not enough white babies are being born folks like @thirdreichfan88 can't freely tweet out racial slurs whenever they want.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Dec 22, 2022

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

The Postman posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1605870381310439425?s=20&t=ffiy8HwmK6THToLmoUmmWw

Does he just sit up at night searching for his name or other keywords like "Twitter CEO"

Actually quite a funny response from Elon for once, a rare hit

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
NUMBER MUST GO UP.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

goatface posted:

He did. He must own his decisions, his failures and his flaws. Do not allow him to blame other people for his own stupidity.

Oh he should be held accountable, but the result...people are smarter than him

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
utterly deranged.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Who wins here?

Who benefits from this dumb poo poo

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Musk needs more slaves

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
So the WSB crowd got pipelined into the Musk family's weird obsession with world population :discourse: awesome

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

IBroughttheFunk posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1605714208338780160?cxt=HHwWgICl7ZSk0sgsAAAA

Love that there's still so many people who are convinced he's going to use space travel and electric vehicles to help save humanity, when meanwhile he genuinely believes that the biggest threats out there are not enough white babies are being born folks like @thirdreichfan88 can't freely tweet out racial slurs whenever they want.

The view that the world population should go from ~8billion to ~500million is pretty hosed up too

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

:sickos: :lmao:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Piss Creep posted:

Who wins here?

Bored people at work

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Piss Creep posted:

Who wins here?

We do, because we get to laugh at Elmo disproving the myth that he's a genius in real time.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Tiny Timbs posted:

I think you'd be hard pressed to argue that Elon doesn't, in fact, read every post on twitter

Nah.

I've said some very mean things about him, even tagged him directly, and not a peep. Not even a shadow ban.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

We do, because we get to laugh at Elmo disproving the myth that he's a genius in real time.

Someone page that pretend startup/engineering guy to musksplain how much of a genius he is, just only at things he's never demonstrably done

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Guy I know was setting up Starlink and he was showing me how slick and awesome the iPhone app for it was, and saying "This is what happens when you have someone running things who has a strong vision and makes sure everything is great, and doesn't accept mediocrity, this is the kind of user experience you only get with a Jobs or a Musk"

Like ... what level of delusion

where do you even start

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
reminder that Musk has lots of stuff leveraged on his Tesla shares, no one knows for sure what numbers means lols, but the way this is tanking it's going to blast through them all all anyway.

edit: it's dropped $7 in an hour

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

goatface posted:

Allow him to blame other people if the actions he would take from blaming other people would result in further harm to himself and his businesses

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 22, 2022

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

kazil posted:

The view that the world population should go from ~8billion to ~500million is pretty hosed up too

Piss Creep posted:

Who wins here?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Theres no bigger picture, youre a stupid

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Data Graham posted:

Guy I know was setting up Starlink and he was showing me how slick and awesome the iPhone app for it was, and saying "This is what happens when you have someone running things who has a strong vision and makes sure everything is great, and doesn't accept mediocrity, this is the kind of user experience you only get with a Jobs or a Musk"

Like ... what level of delusion

where do you even start

*has to tap 14 times to turn on the windshield wipers on one of his cars*

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Piss Creep posted:

Theres no bigger picture, youre a stupid

Hi Greg of Doom

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
130.20 lol

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Wow it’s absolutely dying. Wonder what changed from yesterday

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

learnincurve posted:

reminder that Musk has lots of stuff leveraged on his Tesla shares, no one knows for sure what numbers means lols, but the way this is tanking it's going to blast through them all all anyway.

Yea with the drops it’s been having, is there a proper doom spiral lurking out there somewhere on the price? Something like

Drops below [x] value->margin call/he sells-> price goes down (big sale on Musk’s part/it’s doing it already for semi-related reasons)->drops below [x] value-> another margin call

?

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

kazil posted:

If it’s “let’s kill 7.5 billion people to get there” sure, that’s hosed up. If it’s “stop having so many kids until the population naturally reduces down to 500m,” that seems reasonable.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Already below 130 lol

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Boer... Boer never changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I have no idea how his finances are structured or how that even works but is it possible for Musk to lose everything? Like he'll be forced to sell all his assets and poo poo that are actually worth something and the rest just becoming worthless? Him being ousted as CEO everywhere and nobody willing to work with him anymore because he'll be the guy that tanked Tesla and Twitter and lost a quarter of a trillion dollars.

Because I would really love to see that happening. Just having him reduced to a mere millionaire so I don't have to hear from him anymore would be nice.