Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Adam Cole only won the Owen Hart Cup, wrestled for the world title twice, headlined two PPVs, reformed his stable from NXT and was featured weekly in a high profile storyline with his friends in the Elite. AEW has done literally nothing with him. Shame on you Tony Khan.

They didn't do much with twice world champeen CM Punk either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I wish Konnan stayed dead after being killed on lucha underground.

He isn't keeping kayfabe, killing the business

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Adam Cole only won the Owen Hart Cup, wrestled for the world title twice, headlined two PPVs, reformed his stable from NXT and was featured weekly in a high profile storyline with his friends in the Elite. AEW has done literally nothing with him. Shame on you Tony Khan.

Seeing as konnan typically gets as high as he can during his podcast, i take everything he says with an enormous grain of salt

This is some “i am too high to remember that he is out with an injury” stoner logic right churr

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also Konnan isn't a stupid wrestling fan

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Yes he is.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

He’s one of those things.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

He’s still a mark for the business.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Konnan traveled to Tijuana on Wednesday, January 6, 1988, (his 24th birthday), where he was led to the dressing area and introduced to Manuel de los Santos, the promoter of the show, and who also wrestled in the main event as "Kiss". De los Santos took one look at Konnan and did the classic double-take –– what the hell is this guy doing here, and, how quickly can I get this guy in the ring. Konnan introduced himself and explained how he was brought here by his manager/agent, John Roberts. Roberts had already bragged to de los Santos that Konnan had been a wrestler in Florida. Suddenly, a big roar (laughter) went up from another wrestler, Miguel Lopez, who wrestled as Rey Mysterio. Lopez/Mysterio explained to Konnan that Roberts was just a nutty fan, always in the front row, but that he did nothing involved with managing or agent-ing or anything else in the business, and that Konnan was nothing more than a stupid wrestling fan as well. They kicked him out of the building and that was the end of his career.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Konnan is also currently dealing with serious kidney issues, so caveat on all his bullshit on top of the norm.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Konnan has been on his bullshit long before his kidney issue.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

hes mad he cant get a job there

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Joey McChrist posted:

hes mad he cant get a job there

Terminal Cornetteitis

Ed: with a side order of a dose of Bischofforrea

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

Konnan has been on his bullshit long before his kidney issue.

Yes, but this isn't going to reduce the level of bullshit.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Kosmo Gallion posted:

“They’ve done nothing with Adam Cole” is such a bizarre take. The guy was on TV so much that I was sick of him when he wasn’t on the shelf

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Spoken like someone who has wrestled through one too many concussions.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Like seriously, was he even watching? Prior to his concussion, Cole was all over the goddamned show, and was involved in a high profile match at Forbidden Door, and Punk was being pushed as THE GUY, even over the guy they ended up turning to to steady the ship after Brawl Out.

"They've done nothing with them." Pull the other one, Charles.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
It's almost like people who endlessly poo poo on the company either don't actually watch it or have a pretty obvious agenda

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Either that or a loving idiot, and with Konnan, I'd say it could go either way.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

“They’ve done nothing with Adam Cole” is such a bizarre take. The guy was on TV so much that I was sick of him when he wasn’t on the shelf

The same 90s era washouts and podcasting failsons were incessantly pissing and moaning about Cole being given multiple main event programs/matches, slagging off his physique, etc.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

lol people legit trashed Hangman's reign because "he didn't feel like the top guy" with Punk and Cole being the guys they pointed to as more prominent wrestlers. The audacity of those takes, good lord

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1605326070613671938

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

FullMetalJackoff posted:

The same 90s era washouts and podcasting failsons were incessantly pissing and moaning about Cole being given multiple main event programs/matches, slagging off his physique, etc.

You're not supposed to remember anything they've said in the past

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm not sure what's sadder Ryan Satin trying to kiss up to the Rock, Rock's trying to salvage Black Adam, or Black Adam being Rock's passion project

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Rock's trying to salvage Black Adam, or Black Adam being Rock's passion project

These two are tied for me as being the saddest things

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s always struck me as a weirdly obscure character for someone like The Rock to get obsessively attached to.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Can somebody explain what's going on with Black Adam? Has it been made and it's terrible? Or is it stuck in development hell? And why's it bad (aside from being a superhero film).

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s always struck me as a weirdly obscure character for someone like The Rock to get obsessively attached to.

Black Adam and Namor are the only comic roles I imagine Rock having the look for.

Maybe there are some really good Black Adam centered comics out there.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Can somebody explain what's going on with Black Adam? Has it been made and it's terrible? Or is it stuck in development hell? And why's it bad (aside from being a superhero film).

It's been made, released, did badly (still made money, not enough) and apparently will not get a sequel.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr. Squishy posted:

It's been made, released, did badly (still made money, not enough) and apparently will not get a sequel.

It in no way made money but Dwayne leaked documents to make it look like it did featuring Hollywood accounting. Then the WBD side leaked more documents showing that it definitely did not make money, and required extensive reshoots because the original cut stunk so bad. So instead of a 190 MM budget, it was more like 250 MM.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Black Adam is dead (died badly)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/NitroOmega97/status/1605601160873725952

Say what you want about The Miz, but at least he isn't a trainwreck of a person behind the scenes.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
NitroOmega97 certainly is not fishing for hate engagement at all

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dream wasn't even that good of a wrestler. The shine wore off fast.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gumball Gumption posted:

Dream wasn't even that good of a wrestler. The shine wore off fast.

The Dream has was part of more five-star matches than the Miz!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/ceehawk/status/1605966696564637697?s=21&t=sLKxA9bNHdeG0zOaFgOgAA

The idea that FTR hasn’t had a shitton to do while in AEW is one of the weirdest pervasive online narratives; there are like a dozen teams they’ve worked a meaningful angle against in less than three years. It’s all worthless though because the company had the gall to try to also get other tag teams over at the same time

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Black Adam and Namor are the only comic roles I imagine Rock having the look for.

Maybe there are some really good Black Adam centered comics out there.

Black Adam did get pushed as a major villain for a while, but if you're not a comics reader you'd have no idea who he is.

I still think the Rock should have made a Doc Savage movie. (Doc is a 1930s pulp hero who was nicknamed "The Man of Bronze" because he was deeply tanned from spending long periods in the tropics.)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
For major programs:

Cowboy Bebop
The Young Bucks
Jurassic Express
Santana/Ortiz
The Briscoes
Jeff Cobb/Great O-Khan
Roppongi Vice
Aussie Open
The Gunns

And that's not counting their one-offs with the likes of Swerve In Our Glory and the Acclaimed

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/ceehawk/status/1605966696564637697?s=21&t=sLKxA9bNHdeG0zOaFgOgAA

The idea that FTR hasn’t had a shitton to do while in AEW is one of the weirdest pervasive online narratives; there are like a dozen teams they’ve worked a meaningful angle against in less than three years. It’s all worthless though because the company had the gall to try to also get other tag teams over at the same time

Nah see none of those teams are WWE teams so they don't count.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

DarkstarIV posted:

https://twitter.com/NitroOmega97/status/1605601160873725952

Say what you want about The Miz, but at least he isn't a trainwreck of a person behind the scenes.

:stare:

that is not a take I expected to see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Right but on the main roster in WWE they had classic feuds with

Lucha House Party (sixteen matches)
Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins (thirteen matches)
Gallows & Anderson (thirteen matches)
New Day (twelve matches)
The B-Team (twelve matches)
Usos (eleven matches)
Heavy Machinery (ten matches)

Who doesn't want to see them run back FTR vs. The OC Round 14 on Extreme Rules Kickoff? That's how you build a legacy in this business.