Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

As much as I hate Elon Musk, you have to give him credit, he did ruin Elon Musk's life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm laughing remembering the guy who bought 10 thousand shares at $142 like two days ago

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
It's going down, it's going down

Tesla's going down

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I think someone may have rugby tackled him to the floor and then hit that Tesla re-tweet for him.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Sydney Bottocks posted:

You ain't kidding

Ah yes, the savvy investors here.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Piss Creep posted:

Who benefits from this?

That's the question.

If he did go see the bonesaw is this the best outcome?

I don't think he's out of control. If he is he's basically dead.

Musk is not the super genius puppet master to be framed as doing something to benefit some other group. Dude is just a dumbass with a lot of money who is so internet poisoned he can’t log off even for his own well-being.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm laughing remembering the guy who bought 10 thousand shares at $142 like two days ago

You're forgetting that the next step in his plan was to pay $8 for bluecheck verification. Give him time to fix this.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Where is the tweet from Elon's mom? "Don't worry honey... I have diamond hands"

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Chuds are spending their life savings imaginging this is their own personal Tiananmen Square protest

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Musk is not the super genius puppet master to be framed as doing something to benefit some other group. Dude is just a dumbass with a lot of money who is so internet poisoned he can’t log off even for his own well-being.

And who does he own money

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Serious_Cyclone posted:

You're forgetting that the next step in his plan was to pay $8 for bluecheck verification. Give him time to fix this.

Lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/VGoryushin/status/1605957470274420740?s=20&t=MNMmQuVRDg-XXv8ifetNjg

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
£123.45!

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Lol Elon liked this:

https://twitter.com/stevenmarkryan/status/1605404272597667840?s=20&t=cWuQE7PFHbjb7YLo9kYi7w

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I hope that by January 15th Tesla has to take a Government Bailout and it absolutely breaks every one of their smooth brains.

Every.

One.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I hope Elon does a Robert Maxwell

Probably not a personal choice...

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Flyinglemur posted:

I hope that by January 15th Tesla has to take a Government Bailout and it absolutely breaks every one of their smooth brains.

Every.

One.

I'm guessing they'll gloss over it as quickly as the pro-life crowd did with Herschel Walker's multiple abortions.

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

"Despite losing 66% of its value so far, $TSLA is still around 500% over-valued"

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Flyinglemur posted:

Every.

One.

Tesla is already propped up by government money almost exclusively, so I think they'll be able to willfully ignore that.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
Holy loving poo poo! Someone sell some of Tesla's coffee makers and Jucieros, we need a cash injection pronto!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Hope Tesla workers are ready to get hardcore

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Underwhelmed posted:

Holy loving poo poo! Someone sell some of Tesla's coffee makers and Jucieros, we need a cash injection pronto!

TIME TO GET MORE HARDCORE

E: ^DAMMIT

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Its gonna close nearly 10% down. Lmao.

Elon has lost 5.9 Billion Dollars today so far.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
You actually have to hand to Eloy, how many CEOs could successfully tank two companies at the same time!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

What’s the opposite of compound interest?

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Concerning...

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

koshmar posted:

You actually have to hand to Eloy, how many CEOs could successfully tank two companies at the same time!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Simple disinterest? :dadjoke:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
At this rate and with the wider economic climate its going to be below 100 for sure come January.

The rest of the markets are taking a beating but Tesla is nearly double the rest of the automotive. The speculation pump ending maybe?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Musk only has 60 billion in Tesla? Is the rest of his net worth just in Space X? I wouldn't have expected it to be so valuable.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

A year ago, it would've been up 1,500%.

Also, what is CNBS?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Can someone who knows stocks explain what volume is? Is that the number of trades per day? And if thats the case does the last week having nearly double the 'average' mean people are dumping in a panic?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

serious gaylord posted:

At this rate and with the wider economic climate its going to be below 100 for sure come January.

The rest of the markets are taking a beating but Tesla is nearly double the rest of the automotive. The speculation pump ending maybe?

I’m thinking institutional investors are beginning to rethink the whole “wunderkind” thing after SBF’s flameout. And Elon in particular has given them many reasons to doubt him specifically over the past year.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Tesla is already propped up by government money almost exclusively, so I think they'll be able to willfully ignore that.

First my in law family has to cancel their trip this weekend because of the weather and now this? Man, my Christmas just keeps getting better and better!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Butterwagon posted:

If $TSLA was worth $15-20 in 2019, what has happened since that would make it worth 10x as much in 2022? Postponing the Cybetruck and Tesla semi three years?

Tesla got a lot of hype in the pandemic because it derailed all the big automakers' EV plans (and their business in general) and also gave a lot of stimulus money to middle class consumers who wanted a Tesla but were previously priced out. Back in 2019 everyone assumed that Tesla would be crushed by mass market EVs within 2-3 years, so when Tesla outperformed the big brands instead people piled in and it turned into a self-sustaining bubble.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

serious gaylord posted:

Can someone who knows stocks explain what volume is? Is that the number of trades per day? And if thats the case does the last week having nearly double the 'average' mean people are dumping in a panic?

Elon lets just skip the details, your poo poo is hosed is the long and short of it

Kale
May 14, 2010

Maybe trying to run a hybrid car company while being the most aggressively polarizing right wingy CEO next to guys like Mike Lindell isn't super great for business. Bad faith bullshitting and denialism also seems bad for stable business

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

steinrokkan posted:

Musk only has 60 billion in Tesla? Is the rest of his net worth just in Space X? I wouldn't have expected it to be so valuable.

It's absolute smoke and mirrors, my kid has been studying this quite closely and is much cleverer than me and she is convinced that he reacted so badly to bankman fried, not just because he's Jewish but because Musk has been running a similar scam right from the get go.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
A college town around me apparently has put in a lot of Tesla charging stations in various places. Is that tech going to be good for anyone else as EVs hit the market or are/were they more or less Tesla only?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

serious gaylord posted:

Yes, trades per day. It doesn’t necessarily mean dumping, but…lol