Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Jack Trades posted:

Man, most of these nominees are a loving joke.

https://store.steampowered.com/steamawards

S C O R N

Great to see that win for visual style after the Game Awards snub. Scorn is a one trick pony, but it's a hell of a trick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

ErrEff posted:

It has zombies in it so it already wins the popular vote by default.

Also didn't the original game sell a massive amount of copies? Dunno about the sequel but maybe people nominated it based on goodwill?

I liked the first game a lot, the sequel was a loving joke. Buggy, poor performance, laughable story (even worse than the first game), trite ubisoft mechanics, also the zombie density and types have been heavily nerfed. When I played at release there basically were no special zombies existing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

Man, most of these nominees are a loving joke.

https://store.steampowered.com/steamawards

Yeah, Steam user base has garbage opinions.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

The most correct entry is Persona 5 Royal for soundtrack.

Dying Light 2 being on the GOTY list is frankly baffling.

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Dec 22, 2022

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i thought even the hoi polloi were completely over zombie videogames at this point

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

You need to nominate to get that sweet sweet profile xp and shiny badge. You do not need to have played things you nominate. When you search for things to nominate it will show the most popular games with the most sales first. No surprise what gets nominated when taking that into account.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I liked Dying Light a lot and I was extremely shocked at how quickly and how thoroughly Dying Light 2 turned me off

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

conflicted on how little "having an icon on steam" means to me with the knowledge i've paid cash dollars for plenty of sa forums avatars over the past 20 years

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

"Most Innovative Gameplay" is just too nebulous a category. I actually nominated Stray because the hold-to-do-cat-things button meant my 3 year-old could have a pretty good time just running around the safe areas of the game in a way that I can't think of happening in other relatively complex 3D games.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Elden Ring is $37 on GMG

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Unlucky7 posted:

About Astlibra: Is there anything more to the exploration than 'go left' and 'go right?' Not that it is a huge problem; it just means that its focus is more on its combat which is pretty alright, but I am not sure if that is what I am looking for currently.
Up and Down are also possible exits, as is "go through a door". Not everywhere has these, but sometimes you are not purely going left or right. But yes the focus is more on combat.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

You need to nominate to get that sweet sweet profile xp and shiny badge. You do not need to have played things you nominate. When you search for things to nominate it will show the most popular games with the most sales first. No surprise what gets nominated when taking that into account.

Yeah, this exactly. People just want those badges and click whatever is in front of them.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Best story rich game, Spiderman. 'nuff said.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Sale isn't instantly working, worst Steam sale ever

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Is Gloomwood worth picking up yet? I'm a huge fan of the old Thief games and I've had Gloomwood on my wishlist for a long time, but I'd like to play a version that's close to complete.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

kazil posted:

Sale isn't instantly working, worst Steam sale ever

actually i'm impressed with how smoothly it ticked over, i'm not seeing 0% discounts anywhere

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

actually i'm impressed with how smoothly it ticked over, i'm not seeing 0% discounts anywhere

after nearly 20 years, valve has finally figured this sale stuff out

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I was shocked when I clicked to refresh the store and it loaded.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

wow, a rare sighting of the nearly extinct 75% off game on my wishlist. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1360270/Gem_Wizards_Tactics/

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Dying light was great despite a pretty silly story.
Dying light 2 was 'fine'. It's story is also bad but I'm not sure that's the reason I almost instantly forgot it existed after finishing it.

It has a je ne sais quoi of mediocrity quality about it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Awesome! posted:

wow, a rare sighting of the nearly extinct 75% off game on my wishlist. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1360270/Gem_Wizards_Tactics/

i'm not interested in rts games these days but seems like this one is a winner https://store.steampowered.com/app/281610/Homeworld_Deserts_of_Kharak/

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Cowcaster posted:

i'm not interested in rts games these days but seems like this one is a winner https://store.steampowered.com/app/281610/Homeworld_Deserts_of_Kharak/

:gaben: blessings of the holiday season be upon us all :gaben:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the eternal steam sale conundrum of do i buy a bunch of games that are on sale for $2 each or do i buy one bigger game for $20

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

the eternal steam sale conundrum of do i buy a bunch of games that are on sale for $2 each or do i buy one bigger game for $20

You should buy high on life it’s surely three times as good.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
a) I am legit amazed everything is holding together so hard, this seems like a new record for smoothness in sale turn-on
b) hey Valve at what point are you going to let me just search by DLC for my games

You always show this window and then it's the same loving things all sale long. Let me just search by DLC for my games. Make a window. Make a button. This quartet doesn't even refresh, it's not like you're offering me anything new, you've just decided I want Victoria and Truck Sim DLC for two weeks.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

secretly best girl posted:

a) I am legit amazed everything is holding together so hard, this seems like a new record for smoothness in sale turn-on
b) hey Valve at what point are you going to let me just search by DLC for my games

You always show this window and then it's the same loving things all sale long. Let me just search by DLC for my games. Make a window. Make a button. This quartet doesn't even refresh, it's not like you're offering me anything new, you've just decided I want Victoria and Truck Sim DLC for two weeks.

buy Hades

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Is Sinking City on Steam still owned by assholes? It’s cheap but I don’t want to buy it if the devs are still pissed about it.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Big lol that Gotham Knights is already half off 2 months after release

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

kazil posted:

kind of annoyed solar ash isn't discounted at all considering it's been out for a year it's just been released recently from epic jail is all

Netrunner
Aug 31, 2019

kazil posted:

It's funny because I'm still hesitant to even buy it at that price. I did watch some footage of somebody playing it. The story and characters are really intriguing to me, but the game seems to play like a wet noodle, so that's a hard sell.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Feels like a while since we’ve had a genuine (though short-lived) big price error.

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1605993287600394240

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Hwurmp posted:

buy Hades

It's on my shortlist. I'm thinking this is probably gonna be a DLC-heavy Christmas, my budget's tight

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Anno posted:

Feels like a while since we’ve had a genuine (though short-lived) big price error.

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1605993287600394240

Saw that. Didn't jump on it. Kicking myself now.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

secretly best girl posted:

It's on my shortlist. I'm thinking this is probably gonna be a DLC-heavy Christmas, my budget's tight

Hades is really, really good.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Uh, from what you goons were going on about I thought the picks were very bad but I wasn't displeased at all by any of the games I voted for each category. Could have been much worse.

Vampire Survivors even made an appearance and I'd thought the world had forgotten how satisfying Powerwash Simulator was and yet here it is.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

the slightly newer steam sale conundrum of do i buy this $20 game or do I just wait for it to inevitably end up on PC Game Pass

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

sorry if you were expecting Dark Souls to go on sale ever again

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what is zone of the enders anyway it's kind of like a starfox but a beat em up right i've only got it on my wishlist because of the hideo kojima connection

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Cross-Section posted:

the slightly newer steam sale conundrum of do i buy this $20 game or do I just wait for it to inevitably end up on PC Game Pass

I hate sounding like, I dunno, a digital prepper, but Game Pass really won't be around forever, at least not in it's current form; Microsoft is using it to drive their increasing monopolization, and I think five or so years from now people are going to regret letting several years of steam sales go by while defaulting to game pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

what is zone of the enders anyway it's kind of like a starfox but a beat em up right i've only got it on my wishlist because of the hideo kojima connection

It's more of a 3D beat'em'up with 6DOF.
The story is even more whack than usually because the localization is absolutely laughable but the gameplay is solid.