Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Carteret posted:

I know the ship has probably sailed for a while, but I have all the books in physical and would re-buy as many as I needed to get matching formats.

I'm waiting/hoping for a boxed hardcover set when it's finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

KSBD got a callout on the Exaltcast as a major influence for the Sidereals book, which I thought was neat.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm waiting/hoping for a boxed hardcover set when it's finished.

i don't have the shelf space for paperbacks but i would do terrible things for a nice hardcover omnibus edition or boxed set

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I bought some of the early books but got scared off by the printing errors. I content myself with the patreon for now and I'll wait for a better printed edition.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I think I have the first book printed in three different sizes. And then the remainder are uniform.

I'd kill for a big hardback omnibus at the end, or a box set, though.

Malpais Legate fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Dec 18, 2022

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I would absolutely dish out money for a giant hardcover box set once all is said and done.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

There are tens of us who would like a nice hardcover book.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

a collected hardcover series sounds amazing, holy moly

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
If we post about it enough it will manifest in reality.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

ask abaddon to make it a patreon goal or something

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

let him finish the comic he wants to make and worry about the marketing on the back end

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
maybe... if we punch hard enough... there will be a hardcover book set?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Just wanna chime to say:

7 years later and I was still right in making this thread

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

seashells by the sea shorpheus

AriadneThread posted:

a collected hardcover series sounds amazing, holy moly

now imagine if it includes all the random scripture and whatnot that's sadly missing from the existing paperbacks

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

It should be bound in a spiral notebook cover entitled "How I Met my Wheel-Breaking Girlfriend From Another Universe” part 1/6 by C.C., written all in Sharpie

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

ElMaligno posted:

Just wanna chime to say:

7 years later and I was still right in making this thread

The fact that you did is why I started reading the comic, so... thanks!

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
yeah this is a good thread

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Best thread, best comic

Draadnagel
Jul 16, 2011

..zoekend naar draadnagels bij laag tij.
would love a hardcover eventually

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

GhastlyBizness posted:

now imagine if it includes all the random scripture and whatnot that's sadly missing from the existing paperbacks

I've have the books annotated with reference to a separate appendixes book(s) so the story can still flow. I didn't even know about the extra stuff until someone in the thread pointed it out.

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm pondering on giving a big spiel about this webcomic that if I'm patient enough, I'll save until the story's finished. Suffice to say, I refer to it quite often in the sessions with my psychologist, to the point I did an abridged dramatic reading of Tales of the Silver Prince to arrive at a point-of-view I was wrestling with.

Only a few months ago, I was thinking that I had lived too long for existing past 2018. I counted K6BD as one of the few things that kept life worthwhile. The ending of Book 5 actually helped put to rest the functional depression that has lingered with me for the past few years.

If there's one regret I have in experiencing K6BD, it's that I had a fantasy story worked out in my mind over the past few years that doesn't feel like it's worth putting to paper anymore. K6BD hits several of the themes I would have wanted to touch, but with more competence and finesse than I could see myself arriving upon for a long time.

Operant, hope you and your family have a drat good and restful holiday.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

M. Propagandalf posted:

If there's one regret I have in experiencing K6BD, it's that I had a fantasy story worked out in my mind over the past few years that doesn't feel like it's worth putting to paper anymore. K6BD hits several of the themes I would have wanted to touch, but with more competence and finesse than I could see myself arriving upon for a long time.

Honestly? You should still write it out, if not for everyone else, but for yourself. The story will be unique because it's made by you.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

I love this.

Mostly because I love the idea of two cakes.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I am now craving butter cream

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Butter cream frosting is the best.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Ite sugar plus fat. It's everything our starving ape brains crave

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

skaianDestiny posted:

Honestly? You should still write it out, if not for everyone else, but for yourself. The story will be unique because it's made by you.

:yeah:

I know personally I've read a bunch of comics/watched a bunch of shows or movies that cover the same themes, and I'm sure a lot of other people have too. If one story perfectly encapsulated everything we wouldn't have a lot of stories. So unless your story is a page-for-page remake of K6BD*, go make it! Even if it turns out bad in the end at least you'll know you tried and (imo) that's a much better feeling then sitting around going "maybe I should've written that story..." forever.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
When I started reading K6BD years years ago I looked at all the 36 Lessons of Vivec references and the TES apocrypha stuff and went "Eh, yeah, I played Morrowind too, whatever."

A friend of mine was really into it tho, so I tried to commit to a more neutrally-minded readthrough and like

pretty sure I've read this entire comic at least 20 times now.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

Butter cream frosting is the best.

I've worked in a bakery and buttercream will split open the skull of fondant on the nearest sharp rock every day of the week.

I've sat at weddings and watched kids peel fondant off to get to the cake.

gently caress you fondant. You stupid, try-hard, cake dilutant.

Happy Underpants fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 23, 2022

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

M. Propagandalf posted:

I'm pondering on giving a big spiel about this webcomic that if I'm patient enough, I'll save until the story's finished. Suffice to say, I refer to it quite often in the sessions with my psychologist, to the point I did an abridged dramatic reading of Tales of the Silver Prince to arrive at a point-of-view I was wrestling with.

Only a few months ago, I was thinking that I had lived too long for existing past 2018. I counted K6BD as one of the few things that kept life worthwhile. The ending of Book 5 actually helped put to rest the functional depression that has lingered with me for the past few years.

gently caress you do it

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'd read that poo poo, even if it was scratchy Johnny Five Aces doodles

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Potato Salad posted:

I'd read that poo poo, even if it was scratchy Johnny Five Aces doodles

You say this like those weren't high outsider art

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

M. Propagandalf posted:

Even if you don't share it with anyone, do it.

I guarantee you have something worthwhile to share, though.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

M. Propagandalf posted:

Write it please. It might end up being for someone else what K6BD is to you.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

One must strike immediately and without hesitation. The perfect cut is the one you make now.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Joining the chorus of "do it". Every author and creator struggles with doubts about whether their ideas are original or worthwhile.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Dude people legit read tales got trolled and it found an audience.

Do it!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Tenebrais posted:

One must post immediately and without hesitation. The perfect post is the one you make now.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

M. Propagandalf posted:

I mean, Kill 6 Billion Demons cribs a good bit from Michael Kirkbride's writings (i.e. TES lore circa Morrowind, c0da), for that matter Operant and Kirkbride both draw a lot of inspiration from Eastern Mythology (Hinduism, Buddhism)... everyone's stories have roots somewhere. You can probably trace everything back to, I dunno, Gilgamesh or some poo poo. That doesn't mean your story isn't worth telling, it probably means the opposite! Plus, the world needs more stories like K6BD.

The other thing is that as you write/draw/film/program it, you'll still be experiencing life and seeing other works of art, and even if you start in a similar place to K6BD, you may end up somewhere completely different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i also say do it, but in an evil palpatine kind of way