Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Saltpowered posted:

gently caress America. Jesus Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Thank God for the free market giving you the choice between financial ruin and sick children! Or worse!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

black.lion posted:

release mustached wife!!! be exorcised symmetrical bb demons!! the power of christ compels you!!!

are they planning on inducing or does she have to ride it out?

We go in today and will schedule an induce date for probably next week, they better be out before the new year

gently caress america, glad your kids doing better

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
healthy children make Number sad

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

wynott dunn posted:

healthy children make Number sad

It's true, The Economy would benefit greatly from no one having kids.

No, I will not think about what that would mean in 40 years, number is now.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

loquacius posted:

Thanks! My wife got mad enough at her dad over text that his wife finally tested and is negative which apparently only reinforced her belief that she shouldn't have had to do it in the first place, and she sent a whole angry rant to my wife over it. Lovely

update: she is now symptomatic and testing positive LMAO

Saltpowered posted:

My daughter is getting tubes and adenoids removed this morning and the hospital just gave me a bill for $6k after insurance. The loving anesthesiologist is charging $10k which is more than my wife was charged for her epidural when our daughter was born.

gently caress America. Jesus Christ.

demon cracker nation

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

You made her sick from the testing!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My wife, being nice to her, said "at least you guys can be together now" since they're both positive, and she said "no, we're staying isolated to reduce the viral load, it's the right thing to do" and if that doesn't just fuckin sum up NPR libs in one sentence

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

we do Christmas with her mom's family, which WOULD mean that this doesn't screw up Christmas, except that apparently he also managed to give it to her sister on this visit, so Christmas might be at least a little hosed even if we continue testing negative

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my son woke me up three times last night, why does he have to be like this!!!!

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

lobster shirt posted:

my son woke me up three times last night, why does he have to be like this!!!!

To be fair you pulled him from the void into a prison of flesh on this world without his permission

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

loquacius posted:

My wife, being nice to her, said "at least you guys can be together now" since they're both positive, and she said "no, we're staying isolated to reduce the viral load, it's the right thing to do" and if that doesn't just fuckin sum up NPR libs in one sentence

Agh, that would drive me insane. Reduce WHAT viral load? It's not a shared pool.

Probably she is just enjoying spending time away from your dad lol.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

bitmap posted:

To be fair you pulled him from the void into a prison of flesh on this world without his permission

Shouldn't have been in the chamber of Guf if they didn't want to be born.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Normal society

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
"limit 2"

Can i just, uh, get one?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

KirbyKhan posted:

Normal society

This has been the case in Canada since September I think? If you can't find Childrens Tylenol or whatever do what I did and hit up every convenience store you can find. They often have stock.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

My older kid got into Minecraft recently and now it's a constant subject of conversation along with reading Minecraft-themed books and graphic novels to the exclusion of all else. I knew we should have lied about the existence of video games until they were 18.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Just wait until some kid at school tells them about Roblox and you get to spend a bunch of time telling them why you won't let them play Roblox even though it's free and then you get to explain what "free to play" actually means and it's all bad.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Nocturtle posted:

My older kid got into Minecraft recently and now it's a constant subject of conversation along with reading Minecraft-themed books and graphic novels to the exclusion of all else. I knew we should have lied about the existence of video games until they were 18.

it’s your duty to prevent your kid having parasocial relationships with YouTubers now. my nephew is like deep into that poo poo with Roblox and Minecraft and it’s bad. there’s merch as well. bottom barrel poo poo.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my son was accidentally exposed to blippi and now its all he wants to watch

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

sonatinas posted:

it’s your duty to prevent your kid having parasocial relationships with YouTubers now. my nephew is like deep into that poo poo with Roblox and Minecraft and it’s bad. there’s merch as well. bottom barrel poo poo.

These are wise words.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Gonna charge people to form parasocial relationships with my toddler. Get that dystopia working for us!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I only just realized that my kids have been hitting the "Like" button on a bunch of minecraft streamers under my YT account so I imagine everything in that account is hosed now.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

sonatinas posted:

Agree. YouTube and TikTok are brainworms for kids.

Minecraft is a lot better than being obsessed with anime at least but it’s still toxic.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Everything the children get into is evil and for the devil. This is how it's always been.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Devil is fine I don't want my kid getting pressganged into a virtual sweatshop

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Probably the best parenting move we made recently was install the "Unhook" browser extension and have it disable 95% of Youtube features. Now when the page loads it only shows videos from subscribed channels, everything else like the search bar and video recommendations don't appear. Even as an adult it's a big improvement to the site, esp as before installing it the algorithm had apparently decided I wanted to see lots and lots of UFC video recommendations.

Minecraft has admittedly been very useful as an incentive to get the kid to do their homework+music practice etc etc but it becoming their primary interest has been a bummer. Before we were using other educational games as the incentive and we thought Minecraft would be another good option, but the impact has been much different.

KirbyKhan posted:

Everything the children get into is evil and for the devil. This is how it's always been.
Definitely would have been watching streamers to see how to get Mario into minus land had that been an option back then, not claiming any moral high ground here.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
In 15 years I'll walk into my son's astral shrine where he communes with the spirits. Dust collecting on my own childhood tarot cards. I gifted those to him when I realized he had the gift before sending him to goth school. He tells me that's not how they foretell the future anymore. He tells me there's a 13th zodiac now, with a possibility of a 14th. I just can't relate

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

well my son got sent home early from daycare today because he was running a fever so i guess i know why he couldn't sleep last night lol

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

lobster shirt posted:

my son was accidentally exposed to blippi and now its all he wants to watch

newer blippi isn't as bad as the early stuff but wow that shits like crack to a toddler, it's lifeless garbage

we scheduled to be induced next week so if they're not out by then they're getting kicked out. Baby A has slotted into position so it's looking like a vaginal twin delivery.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

what? blippi is just some guy going around learning about stuff and meeting people isnt it? its like high art compared to fuckin cocomelon.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

bitmap posted:

what? blippi is just some guy going around learning about stuff and meeting people isnt it? its like high art compared to fuckin cocomelon.

depends, some stuff has him interacting with people as well as the place he's visiting. other stuff is just him playing by himself and it's just... Off.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the blippi guy had a previous online persona that did grossout videos, and he filmed and published himself doing an explosive diarrhea poo poo onto some other guy

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

bitmap posted:

yeah my number one priority as a parent is to prevent my kids from ever learning about cocomelon

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

kecske posted:

the blippi guy had a previous online persona that did grossout videos, and he filmed and published himself doing an explosive diarrhea poo poo onto some other guy

hmm

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

yep he just takes a poo poo on that guys dick balls and rear end in a top hat alright

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the blippi guy did not do the gross stuff under the name blippi and also i think he's tried his best to scrub it from the internet so im not too worried about my kids getting exposed to it lol

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

honestly you should worry about your kids NOT being exposed to it.

it'd be embarrassing to not know about the Blippi Harlem Shake Diarrheas video on the playground.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

no, I dont think my 2 year old is going to find the video on the internet of blippi blowing hot poo poo all over another mans taint, but are the structures which govern our world so illusory that I even need to consider that? they sell dolls of this guy in the toy shop here in rural ireland. he's at like the top of nexflix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Blippi did this so he's cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cU2jyn6g-0