Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

SMT3 going pretty good, beat white rider by the skin of my teeth after not saving for like 45 minutes.

Anyway, I just got to the obelisk. How far along in the game am I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Smirking_Serpent posted:

SMT3 going pretty good, beat white rider by the skin of my teeth after not saving for like 45 minutes.

Anyway, I just got to the obelisk. How far along in the game am I?

ignoring kalpas and such... about halfway?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought the obelisk is like 2 thirds.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Man I was loving persona 5 R on switch but now I’m at the Haru dungeon and realizing how much game is left before I get to see the “new” stuff and sliiightly over it at this point

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Man I was loving persona 5 R on switch but now I’m at the Haru dungeon and realizing how much game is left before I get to see the “new” stuff and sliiightly over it at this point

There's tons of new stuff even before the actual new stuff though

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

5R is really really long. I hope the eventual expansion to 6 is even longer and has more realistic life sim. Bring back the pooping mechanic and let me get an aquarium.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Wrex Ruckus posted:

ignoring kalpas and such... about halfway?

Yeah I'd say it's about half, maybe 60% at most.

This is basically when the plot really gets going.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

you're not that long until the game starts to "speed up" and iirc they start putting the new stuff in the game in earnest after that dungeon

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Which of the 3 'modern' Persona credits themes is your favorite-Memories of You, Never More or With The Stars And Us?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I liked p5r ending theme but I didn't understand what was being said do it came off really repetitive

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
Definitely Memories of You. Love how the melody was used for Memories of School and Memories of the City.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
memories of you made me cry so uh that one

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
:same:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Memories of You is the only choice

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Never More makes me cry so that

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

memories of you made me cry so uh that one

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

you're not that long until the game starts to "speed up" and iirc they start putting the new stuff in the game in earnest after that dungeon

Nice, there was definitely loads of new stuff before this (battles are great and have lots of small improvements that add up) but I’m ready for like, the actual new parts

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The best ending theme obviously is in persona 3 when the city overworld music changes while every nameless NPC you’ve been speaking to throughout the game gradually descends into depression

https://youtu.be/oyo1Njo1QVA

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

The best ending theme obviously is in persona 3 when the city overworld music changes while every nameless NPC you’ve been speaking to throughout the game gradually descends into depression

https://youtu.be/oyo1Njo1QVA

It's hard going back to Persona 3 after the quality of life improvements the later games implemented but, as far as I'm concerned, it absolutely nailed the tone and neither 4 nor 5 come close.

I do hope they changed fusion skill rolling for these new re-releases though.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

P3 deserves a full on remake

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Nyaawn posted:

P3 deserves a full on remake

There's a rumor that it's happening, but I don't dare hope.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

p3 fes deserves a rerelease. a remake would verily be cucked to the greatest degree and i do not wish for it. lo.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

https://twitter.com/osu_MeovvCAT/status/1603414534768787456

atlus why...

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
vita wins again

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

gonna emulate it on my deck instead

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Royal doesn't drag if you mash skip on ALL THE USELESS INTERSTITIAL STUFF

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

the gently caress?????

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Kild posted:

nice

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Kild posted:

there's codes for FES that make your party members controllable too, if anyone wants to go that route

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

so this is probably a dumb question, but it’s eluding me. I’m gearing up to fight Beelzebub in the 4th kalpa. I know Death Flies is a big deal, and you want to be immune to Death skills.

Will a Void Curse demon be okay? Or do they need to specially be immune to Death or whatever.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Will a Void Curse demon be okay? Or do they need to specially be immune to Death or whatever.

It has to be Void Death. "Curse" refers to poison and mute (and a special ailment one of the last story bosses use) in this game.

It's easier to just use a magatama that makes the MC immune to Death and use strong demons that are naturally immune to it as well, like the fiends.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Petiso posted:

It has to be Void Death. "Curse" refers to poison and mute (and a special ailment one of the last story bosses use) in this game.

It's easier to just use a magatama that makes the MC immune to Death and use strong demons that are naturally immune to it as well, like the fiends.

okay Mother Harlot, let’s see what you can do….

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

https://personacentral.com/smt-tcg-monument-reincarnation/

They're re-releasing SMT TCG

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They should re-release Imagine

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

P Bandai wasn't satisfied loving me over on kits it had to move into the cardboard market too

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Is the new soul hackers worth dropping $33 on it?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'd say 20-25 is the right price, 33 if you really like the franchise. It isn't terrible, but it is very lacking

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
It is firmly "C-game" territory, B-game if you're generous.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I..guess it's nice they're selling them to the west even untranslated?

I guess..?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Arist posted:

They should re-release Imagine

Thanks for triggering my PISD.

(No, not a typo.)