Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

PS refused to generate a card for me and suggested it was because I played it less than 10 hours lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Xpforr posted:

Is this a review for the division 2? Because I need something to waste time between now and when MH:rise comes out.

Right now it has shitloads of things to do at endgame. Huge build variety and you can tackle more than 90% of endgame content without even a group. If you get Div2, the expansion Warlords of New York is a must have.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Gosh gamepass is such junk…. Sign up for gamepass —>no games—>no reason to turn on junkbox—> forget you have a junkbox/junkpass and never unsubscribe—> cycle repeat

And they wonder why Bill Gates is the richest in the world!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

nom epique posted:

Gosh gamepass is such junk…. Sign up for gamepass —>no games—>no reason to turn on junkbox—> forget you have a junkbox/junkpass and never unsubscribe—> cycle repeat

All cores humming?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Sywert of Thieves posted:

I'm almost done with Lawn Mowing Simulator, just some expert challenges left. Someone said they were extremely hard so now I gotta go and beat them to prove him wrong. :getin:

Next up is PAYDAY 2, and hoo boy do people have a lot of opinions about that game.

PAYDAY 2 is... not a great port. At least it got a few meaty updates

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

nom epique posted:

Did you remember to turn on your monitor?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

nom epique posted:

Bitch

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
i decided to try high on life because I'm stupid and might have COVID and dang that is tedious and mediocre

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nom epique posted:

You good bro. Lol.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

i decided to try high on life because I'm stupid and might have COVID and dang that is tedious and mediocre

you got COVID so you were like, hell, might as well get AIDS too

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

lmao

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

anyone here have a kishi controller? I’m 99% sure I’m getting one for Christmas to complement a new phone and I hope it is good for game pass on the go

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Feels Villeneuve posted:

lol yeah. that poo poo sucked

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

elf help book posted:

PS refused to generate a card for me and suggested it was because I played it less than 10 hours lol

It sucks so bad lol

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I get annoyed by Payday 2 because it could be great but the limited options to stealth things and the incredibly spongey enemies make it not very fun. And that’s with playing with actual friends using discord chat, with pubbies it would be dire.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

drat

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

it's not covid, you still have taste

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

nom epique posted:

It has day of the tentacle tho

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
Question:

Kids want to play Minecraft. I have it on Gamepass, and apparently 'own' it on PC (must have been via Games with Gold, or something). I can potentially run it on Xbox One, one or two PCs and maybe Gamepass streaming if I could swing it.

In the past in the magical time before children, my partner and I used to play a lot of these games online together on two xbox ones, designating one as the 'home' console and sharing the account.

Can I do this somehow with PC and Xbox and / or streaming, or will this count as using the same account across different platforms and not allow me to do so?

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

MikeRabsitch posted:

It's a fun game but it's also been around forever and matchmaking nowadays with the people still playing it is probably terrible. Playing it solo as a new person is also not the greatest. It was probably my favorite game of 2013 though.

I'd second this. Doing heists was good and so was working out how to do them perfectly. The regular stream of content after release was great. Then at some point (around the Hoxton expansion) the game focus shifted from sneaky heist puzzle maps to full on action shooting cops maps which was... less fun.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

External Organs posted:

I think I have a bad allergy to cover shooters. Without that I think outrider would tickle my arpg brain.

Although outriders has a cover system, it's fairly janky and totally superfluous after like level 5. There are a ton of areas that are literally just flat empty arenas with monster closets. I say that not to encourage you to play it but just to clarify an aspect of the game that is kind of muddled.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Scuba Trooper posted:

anyone here have a kishi controller? I’m 99% sure I’m getting one for Christmas to complement a new phone and I hope it is good for game pass on the go

Not a Kishi but I have a Backbone. It’s good but the big question is how much you mind taking your phone out of its case to use it. AFAIK the Kishi also doesn’t work with most cases

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009

Scuba Trooper posted:

It works fine as a game pass controller. Iffy on other game support. It doesn't show up as a xbox controller so there are a few games that won't support it such as apex legends and COD. Just be aware that some phones rear camera bump will interfere with it. And it is very likely that it won't work with your case. I used it with the pixel 7 and the samsung flip 4 and had to take off the case to use the Kishi.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
I have a Kishi and it's fine, does the job when I need it. Feels a bit light and not quite as solid as I feel it could be.

BTW you can easily pull out the padding at either end and then it will fit a lot of phones with case on just fine, just make sure the case has a good lip so the Kishi doesn't scrape the phone.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Man. I’m basic AF.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Looks like prodeus got a 1.0 release on steam anyone know if it's made it to xbox yet?

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!

Scuba Trooper posted:

I have one of the first gen ones, it's pretty great. I just keep it permanently attached to my partners old Pixel2XL. Works with Gamepass a treat, but I had to find some other third party app to get it to work with PS Streaming.

To my previous post, I was intending to use it to play some Minecraft with my kids, but I found Minecraft isn't on Xbox Cloud Streaming for some reason... Ah well I might fork out the 10 bucks to buy it on Android.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

hanyolo posted:

Looks like prodeus got a 1.0 release on steam anyone know if it's made it to xbox yet?

its on junkpass

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Illusive Man posted:

Not a Kishi but I have a Backbone. It’s good but the big question is how much you mind taking your phone out of its case to use it. AFAIK the Kishi also doesn’t work with most cases

I think the V2 of the kishi fixes the case removal issue. I have the V1 and it works well enough but it’s kinda annoying AF to have to take the phone case off I’ll admit.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

nom epique posted:

its on junkpass

No need to talk about yourself like that

Barudak
May 7, 2007

hanyolo posted:

Its been on game pass since it was in early access.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

Isometric Bacon posted:

Question:

Kids want to play Minecraft. I have it on Gamepass, and apparently 'own' it on PC (must have been via Games with Gold, or something). I can potentially run it on Xbox One, one or two PCs and maybe Gamepass streaming if I could swing it.

In the past in the magical time before children, my partner and I used to play a lot of these games online together on two xbox ones, designating one as the 'home' console and sharing the account.

Can I do this somehow with PC and Xbox and / or streaming, or will this count as using the same account across different platforms and not allow me to do so?

I was able to play Dark Alliance through Game Pass on my PC with my daughter. I was signed in to the PC with my account, she was on the Xbox console that is my home console, signed in to her own account that does not have game pass.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Barudak posted:

Its been on game pass since it was in early access.

Yeah sorry I meant the 1.0 release specifically, played it a bit when it was in early access and have been waiting for the full release

Usually these things take a bit of time to get certified or whatever

Barudak
May 7, 2007

hanyolo posted:

Yeah sorry I meant the 1.0 release specifically, played it a bit when it was in early access and have been waiting for the full release

Usually these things take a bit of time to get certified or whatever

Full release was on game pass day and date on game pass.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

At long last, Halo Infinite now has a custom game mode where you have to teabag to confirm the kill.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

I don't think i actually have COVID but i am 100% certain high on life have it to my 11 month old. what a terrible gane.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Hideo Kojima Describes Upcoming Game With Xbox as "Unusual"

This either means it will be a bog standard AAA game (unusual for him) or so loving weird no one can possibly comprehend it

acksplode
May 17, 2004

It's gonna be an extremely online game in some form. Cloud services and streaming are what distinguishes MS from every other game publisher, that must be the "infrastructure" he refers to. And he's had a consistently growing interest in multiplayer ever since MGO, online stuff has been drifting closer to center stage with each new game.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I hope it's cool I'm excited to see what it is. Death Stranding wasn't my thing but was extremely slick. Just the mechanic didn't grab me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
finally navigated the menu to cancel junkpass again