Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

last night I learned that a lot of the weekly quests work in co-op bot games and now I'm thinking I might be able to actually finish most of them

cavern crawl doesn't work but that's fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
after a long hard struggle, i finally did it. 10k match making rating.

clearly ive gotten better at dota

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I don’t understand how people can have anything but 10k rating.

Are you all just toxic assholes?

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Oodles posted:

I don’t understand how people can have anything but 10k rating.

Are you all just toxic assholes?

Yes but I still have a 10k rating

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

its only toxic if you lose

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

sometimes I drop below 10k behaviour score but I play almost exclusively carry in ranked so it comes with the territory.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I'm genuinely mean to people in this game and I still rock a 10k rating

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

you can intentionally feed like one out of every 10 games and still have 10k behaviour score

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

There are a lot of smurfs in lower ranks and those games get really toxic by like the 10 minute mark most of the time. Someone always gets blamed and like 5% of the time it's the actual guilty party which is the smurf.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
:toot:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

something bad is coming i can feel it

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

if I saw that poo poo in my bracket I'd report you for smurfing no question

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

This has all been as pos4 but holy poo poo is Hoodwink fun for absolutely tilting people.

Kept sniping an Axe in a game earlier while he was doing jungle camps. He was loving fuming

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Mr.Acula posted:

this game makes me want to shoot myself in the face

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Go away and play something else then

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I can sympathize with the feeling but you oughta at least share the horror stories of your games so everyone else can get something out of it

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

something bad is coming i can feel it

dark willow is always fun but is also bad somehow

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

RisqueBarber posted:

I feel this way about grimstroke, all my spells are really cool and I do a ton of damage and then I lose

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Geight posted:

I feel this way about grimstroke, all my spells are really cool and I do a ton of damage and then I lose

He feels like he should be pretty good on paper. Maybe part of is just the 'io problem' where playing the hero to its fullest involves coordination that often doesn't exist in pubs. Like the strongest build is playing around his AOE stun but casting it on someone expecting them to jump in is completely unreliable, and then half the time they do decide to jump after its worn off but before you can cast it again.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I like buying his Agh's and then getting a double kill because the illusions are very hard to see in a teamfight

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Grim definitely benefits from team coordination, especially regarding the stun and his ultimate. Without full coordination, you can make his stun work if the guy your buffing has his own stun though, like axe or slardar as their own stun can sometimes be enough time for yours to trigger very closely to when theirs wears off if you don't buff them before the blink.

I think the best target to buff in pubs is night stalker though, as he wants to run at dudes anyway, and lacks his own stun.

The ult gets better the more targeted spells your team has, so the draft can make you feel useless beyond your own double silence sometimes. Not sure how bad it would be for your lanes, but grim and lion/shaman support combo for team fights sounds nasty.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I think they should let you soulbind an enemy to their own dark portrait if there's no other valid targets because it would lead to some sick solo kill moments

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

RisqueBarber posted:

I'd like to mention that game, I don't think me playing Willow was why we lost, we just had a really toxic team, my offlaner kept walking out of position into cask + maledict combos and then getting nuked by PA, our carry and mid were fighting with each other all game and our hard support Lina said "I don't see why I should play my role when no one else bothers too"

I love Willow because she's the absolute poster child for chaos in team fights.

Just sit at the back, wait for terrorize, then bramble maze (or maze whenever if you are in herald because people are terrible at looking at bad poo poo on the ground and avoiding). Then just go in with bedlam and shadowrealm and gently caress people up.

Also lobbing people from downtown as they try to run away is satisfying as gently caress

My big issue is since the nerfs to vessel (or rather the meta leaving vessel behind) she seems pretty useless without aghs. Eulls is pretty good for the odd pickoff but Eulls seems to confuse a lot of people in Herald because everyone likes to blast all their spells at the beginning of a fight

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Dec 23, 2022

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009
Dota brings out the best in all of us. God bless us, every one of us

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

<3

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Uncle Spriggly posted:

Dota brings out the best in all of us. God bless us, every one of us

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

RisqueBarber posted:

imo she's one of the "strongest" supports in the game. If you have the skill advantage over your opponent, it's a high-tempo support that disproportionately impacts games and climbs mmr very easily, like earth spirit or tusk. but she's also very easy to make ineffectual (esp. if she/the team loses momentum). Really feast or famine. truly a hero of contrasts.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

She used to kick my rear end and then I realized all her cooldowns during the lane stage are really long so you just need to mercilessly bully her like the loving nerd that she is

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I'm always annoyed by how long the brambles last after they're cast

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i recently discovered that i am a snapfire sicko because in lane if you just play like a total psycho nobody can out damage/tank you so every lane is a complete bloodbath that you usually win

also ult funny

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I'm actually surprised DOTA is less than half of my time spent gaming this year.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

i've almost got my 6 month chip, just gotta take it one day at a time

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

:ninja:

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
what is ranked like now? do most people play ranked all pick? i didnt have role queue when i last played

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Mr.Acula posted:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nature is not always kind

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Something fucky happening between the Regen from Heartstopper Aura and Living Armor? Not sure what exactly is going on here. Not sure why it says 0 --> 16 for the last line :thunk:

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

https://twitch.tv/arteezy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Mr.Acula posted:

https://i.imgur.com/jAWpN6l.mp4

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 2, 2023