Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

You gotta love Fatshark really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So apparently in the last patch where they reverted the VFX on the surge staff they accidently made it so the surge staff doesn't do crit damage anymore, despite having a bar dedicated to crits.

How they managed that on just reverting a graphical change, I have no idea.
:fatshark:

Unlimited power!!!

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

ZombyDog posted:

And seeing gun wizards in Heresy while I'm playing Vet just makes me sigh.

Sigh, I know. I like it because you never have to quell. Have a splitting headache from having 99% peril? Empty a clip in them, and in the end you’ll feel much better.

The real improvement I want from this game is to have a couple of loadout slots and to be able to pick which one to use during the team select screen or loading screen. Then if my team has a veteran I can pick a staff to give my widdle baby vet his pwecious ammo, and if my team already has a psyker, I can let them be on staff duty while I play bullet wizard.

I just played a game with the pergatus staff with 2 flame-thrower preachers and was entirely worthless.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
what are unyielding enemies?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

monstrosities and the gunner ogryn i think. basically "unarmored but huge enough we needed to specify a special armor type for them"

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Zzulu posted:

What cowcaster said but also Bulwark on the unarmored, non-shield bits.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Sigh, I know. I like it because you never have to quell. Have a splitting headache from having 99% peril? Empty a clip in them, and in the end you’ll feel much better.

The real improvement I want from this game is to have a couple of loadout slots and to be able to pick which one to use during the team select screen or loading screen. Then if my team has a veteran I can pick a staff to give my widdle baby vet his pwecious ammo, and if my team already has a psyker, I can let them be on staff duty while I play bullet wizard.

I just played a game with the pergatus staff with 2 flame-thrower preachers and was entirely worthless.

The real improvement would be having psyker be able to make viable gun wizard builds, instead of giving them 14 guns and 4 staves and then not doing anything to make using guns worthwhile

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

considering they're rolling out different specs for the classes there might be one out there that'll fill that hole but i have to assume in an extremely :fatshark: way

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Zzulu posted:

You can check all armor types in the pskanium when you damage them by the way. Very useful for testing.

Finally found the deflection blessing on a force sword after checking for a couple weeks. Only has 50% damage though. Hopefully we get the ability to bank blessings.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Dec 22, 2022

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'd love it if they changed up the meatgrinder so enemies were added to them as you defeated them instead of locking them behind levels and keeping some of them hidden still like bosses and poxbursters.

I'd also like it if they gave you scenario's like "avoid damage from the boss for 30 seconds" or "defeat these poxbursters without a ranged weapon or taking damage" or a way to set up a horde fight for you to deal with and put most of the anti-teamwork penances in there.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

It seems like +wounds curios are absolutely necessary for heresy and higher, and when I play in pubs I seem to always get one or two teammates with only 2 wounds. It's not even worth trying missions with grimoires or scriptures because those people are just toast and a teamwipe feels inevitable

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Made it all the way through an assassination mission with 100% accuracy on Malice.

Final enemy we killed gave me one bullet from coherency "bonus" just before the cutscene.

One.

A single bullet.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

SplitSoul posted:

Made it all the way through an assassination mission with 100% accuracy on Malice.

Final enemy we killed gave me one bullet from coherency "bonus" just before the cutscene.

One.

A single bullet.

ive seen conflicting rumors on the passive giving you ammo at the end counting or not for the penance. You sure you had 100% accuracy?

anyways just cheese it

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think that what it was is if you were trying to cheese it by disconnecting and reconnecting, the ammo you have after reconnecting doesn't matter as long as you don't fire a shot. i think they might've also patched out that whole thing entirely though

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Cowcaster posted:

i think that what it was is if you were trying to cheese it by disconnecting and reconnecting, the ammo you have after reconnecting doesn't matter as long as you don't fire a shot. i think they might've also patched out that whole thing entirely though

no for cheesing it counts what ammo you have when you reconnect, so you shoot down to 1 shot reconnect go 1 for 1 and it counts. it wasnt patched out afaik

Ive heard that ppl who got passive ammo after doing that still got the penance

edit: also the 100% accuracy one is on heresy dont know if you typo that

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Dec 22, 2022

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
You can't leave a mission or join a mission late and still get any penance credit, got to be there the entire time now, any ammo you regen after hitting 0 doesn't matter so just hit 0 ammo and never use the gun again.

When I tried the cheese it didn't work.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I hate the lack of transparency and the reliance on loving folklore for that penance. In fact, I came to ask about it. Does it count against your accuracy if you hit a guy right after he dies? And do we know about any kind of rounding if you take more than 100 shots? Does it still count (or did it ever count) to just empty your gun into a teammate?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Lots say hitting teammates counts, so you could just grab a shotgun and empty it into your teammates, I went through a level and unloaded the ammo into a boss bubble, just pick low intensity and a power sword and go nuts.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

You can't leave a mission or join a mission late and still get any penance credit, got to be there the entire time now, any ammo you regen after hitting 0 doesn't matter so just hit 0 ammo and never use the gun again.

When I tried the cheese it didn't work.

its possible they patched reconnecting with the last update but i did it on the previous patch and helped another person do it then too

AFAIk hitting bulwark shield loses your accuracy which would imply same for teammates

reason boss shield works is it actually takes damage

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 22, 2022

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!
lol, just finished a game where 2 of the bots decided to stick around so we had 6 people in total :fatshark:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Jerkface posted:

ive seen conflicting rumors on the passive giving you ammo at the end counting or not for the penance. You sure you had 100% accuracy?

anyways just cheese it

Yes. I kept a close eye on the reticule the entire time and used a revolver up close, to the detriment of my team, and unloaded the remaining bullets into the boss' shield. Then somebody killed an elite immediately after the boss went down.

But evidently I've been trying to get it on Malice like a loving idiot the entire time, probably because I tried to get On Overwatch for ages. You can't cheese either anymore.

Think I'm just gonna give up, it's making me resent the game.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I'm confident it will eventually be nerfed, or at a minimum people will streaming the strategies and they will be easier to execute as the average pub skill level slowly creeps up

Still sucks that they are so obnoxious. Artificially difficult achievements are unfun

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Chromatics posted:

It seems like +wounds curios are absolutely necessary for heresy and higher, and when I play in pubs I seem to always get one or two teammates with only 2 wounds. It's not even worth trying missions with grimoires or scriptures because those people are just toast and a teamwipe feels inevitable

Agreed, having only 2 wounds is brutal because any stray Poxburster hit could just put in insta down territory.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Got the flawless execution penance just playing normally on heresy with my zealot. Wasn't even trying to play carefully, not like you can do that with zealot anyway.

Knife good.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Dec 22, 2022

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!
The Antax's special attack is real good
https://i.imgur.com/LUgiPpq.mp4

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Just a quick FYI if you plan to use the antax axe don't use heavy attacks against maniac type enemies. Fatshark hosed up and made heavies do less damage to them over light attacks, unless they patched it. You can check it in the weapon's damage breakdown.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Red Mundus posted:

Just a quick FYI if you plan to use the antax axe don't use heavy attacks against maniac type enemies. Fatshark hosed up and made heavies do less damage to them over light attacks, unless they patched it. You can check it in the weapon's damage breakdown.
I actually knew about that one, but you can't not raise your axe up high when dropping down from the rafters like that :black101:

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Oh agreed! I still do heavies because I love the animation and thunk noise so much.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Welp,

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Exodee posted:

The Antax's special attack is real good
https://i.imgur.com/LUgiPpq.mp4

It is nice to see some acknowledgement that if you put a sharpened blade on a stick you can use it as a sharpened blade on a stick and you don't have to use it exclusively as a splitting wedge.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Did someone say space dog?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/294127738774880256/1055645575183335524/space_dog.mp4

Space dog.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

IDK, I'm not sure +wounds is really required, at least on Heresy, I can't speak for diff 5 at this point. But I frequently go a whole level without being downed and I'm usually the last one to die even in situations where the whole party gets boned by special spawns. It definitely makes bursters and snipers terrifying, but I'm curious if you could build enough sniper resist to mitigate that somewhat.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
For me as Zealot just stacking +HP curios is enough. I don't need wounds since I have my invulnerability every 90 seconds.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I was testing out some stuff in the Psykanium and at least in there the Vet perk that gives you +25% toughness on Elite kill and an additional 25% toughness regen over time was proccing off every special enemy (dogs, flamers, ogryns, etc) as well as the elites (ragers, gunners, etc.) lol

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The hub being filled with random people adds so much to the experience.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

This is also how I play Darktide when I have the shits

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Propaganda Hour posted:

This is also how I play Darktide when I have the shits

The swordsman is me when I try to show off my sick VT2 melee skills to a room of 40 dudes with lasguns.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Really need to wean people off the idea that most ammo should be reserved for specials/elites/hordes. Fuckin' dump, man, there's plenty and it's one less dipshit creeping up on your flank to break your 100 toughness shield at the worst time.

On that note, how does the toughness shield work, really? Is it that any melee damage taken with less than 100 toughness bleeds into health, any melee damage taken for a duration after you lose a full toughness shield bleeds into health, or both? I've been stacking +health for my curios but I'm wondering if having a small toughness buffer that lets me take two hits before going below 100 is a smarter idea.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

toasterwarrior posted:

Really need to wean people off the idea that most ammo should be reserved for specials/elites/hordes. Fuckin' dump, man, there's plenty and it's one less dipshit creeping up on your flank to break your 100 toughness shield at the worst time.

On that note, how does the toughness shield work, really? Is it that any melee damage taken with less than 100 toughness bleeds into health, any melee damage taken for a duration after you lose a full toughness shield bleeds into health, or both? I've been stacking +health for my curios but I'm wondering if having a small toughness buffer that lets me take two hits before going below 100 is a smarter idea.

Less than 100% causes melee bleedthrough. So if you have 200 toughness like the average veteran and it drops to 199 and then you get punched, you'll have health bleedthrough. It'll just be less damage than someone who got punched at 99 toughness.

Ranged works differently. I'm not sure on the specifics of it, but you can see yourself that you can get shot at when below max toughness and still have no health loss. If I had to take a wild guess I'd say that health loss starts when shot with under like 66% health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
My 511 power shotgun with perfect blessings is one (1) point of damage short of being able to OHKO a dreg gunner on Damnation. It's so close that it actually does kill him some of the time, but he usually gets back up with 1 hitpoint left. It's literally a rounding error keeping this thing alive. I'm gonna go insane!

Typical Pubbie fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Dec 23, 2022