Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The Awesomesaurus posted:

Does this dork even live in the US?

Also why is his profile picture an angry thumb with sunglasses?

Last I heard I was pretty sure he was living in New Zealand or something.

For their sake hope he's moved on since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

New Zealand

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

he double doesn't live in the US, he lives in new zealand and if he ever travelled to the US he would be arrested

he narrowly avoided being extradited

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

The Postman posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1606107465174503424

why is he even doing any of this? Did someone doubt the number of views on one of his posts so he just demanded this feature?

I said this earlier-- he's stupid and insecure, and on some level he knows he's Twitter is nosediving as a direct result of his purchase, and he's desperately trying to pretend things are just fine:

Hazo posted:

:lol: I'm pretty sure Twitter was hailed for years as a hugely active platform for groundbreaking open communication. I don't think the "alive"-ness of Twitter ever in question until Musk's stupid rear end bought it and people started leaving in droves.

edit: yeah:

CharlestheHammer posted:

He’s desperate to prove Twitter is being used. I guess because there has been at least a somewhat substantial exodus

edit2: lmao mmm slurp yes elon may i have some more master

https://twitter.com/PrideOfHumility/status/1606064446169878531?s=20&t=ntr8hm_zER2U1Kurjzzx1A

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Does it count views from people without accounts? And non-unique views? Because it seems like it would be trivial to script something to wildly inflate that metric.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Does it count views from people without accounts? And non-unique views? Because it seems like it would be trivial to script something to wildly inflate that metric.

poo poo, does it count embeds as a view?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Hazo posted:

I said this earlier-- he's stupid and insecure, and on some level he knows he's Twitter is nosediving as a direct result of his purchase, and he's desperately trying to pretend things are just fine:

edit: yeah:

edit2: lmao mmm slurp yes elon may i have some more master

https://twitter.com/PrideOfHumility/status/1606064446169878531?s=20&t=ntr8hm_zER2U1Kurjzzx1A

way to just say that the car looks for sledding kids to kill

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

The Last Call posted:

They're asking for gas cars.

No really.

I can just picture where this will end:

quote:

Get ready for the cutting edge Tesla Coal! The first all electric vehicle charged entirely by a on board coal power plant! Some sacrifices had to be made for this revolutionary vehicle, you need to tow a coal car for fuel, and the entirety of the former passenger compartment is now filled with the boiler and fire box, but that means you get to ride on the roof and experience the lib owning black smoke firsthand. Of course, the Tesla Coal still features its signature 18560 filled battery pack, but when combined with the boiler and firebox of the Tesla Coal you can be assured that in the event of a accident, not only you, but everyone in a one block radius will burn. Serves 'em right!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

"A class action lawsuit against the FBI" yeah good luck with that buddy

Why are they all so stupid? Every tech guru to a fault is dumb as pig poo poo.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
ahhh they got me for my other tweet where i helpfully suggested to libsoftiktok that she should sit in a bathtub full of water and drop a toaster in it. I mean, she should. Where's the lie.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

So his “legal team” is just gonna be the people who email that address, huh? Is Leonard J. Crabs looking to do some pro bono work?

Well, I sent them goatse.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
sharing a tweet anywhere including imessage, or embedding it in an article, probably counts as a view... not to mention all the bots/crawlers "viewing" it in various places like that and on twitter's actual site

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Call me old fashioned but maybe the AI should avoid hitting any object. That’s just how I would design a car though, I’m no Musk

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Steadiman posted:

Call me old fashioned but maybe the AI should avoid hitting any object. That’s just how I would design a car though, I’m no Musk

How exactly would you expect to do that, use some type of light-based system to detect objects and identify their range rather than depending on video-based identification? Pfft, c'mon :jerkbag:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Also why is his profile picture an angry thumb with sunglasses?

so if you remember the original megaupload, this was the founder

hes currently in New Zealand fighting extradition to the US for wirefraud, racketeering, and criminal copyright infringement

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Maybe we shouldn't trust the Apartheid Goodtimes Guy who sincerely believes we are all NPCs to design a self driving car system, idk

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Yeah, eBay did a similar thing recently and it had people melting down. They changed the view count on listings to reflect actual humans purposely visiting a listing. Tons of idiot sellers thought that the lower numbers somehow meant that eBay was shadowbanning them. Just the stupidest people.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Jesus, this loving bowl of mashed potatoes has a skin tone #FFFFFF

it's like searing my eyeballs. Dense and intense.

I sampled a spot on his torso and it came up with #EFE3E3 or:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I gotta admit I am somewhat heartened by the fact that so many people are telling that Musk-sucker crypto bro what a loving moron he is

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
if you're wondering how exactly of about a bazillion sites with copyright violation megaupload was the one targeted, they uh actually never complied with copyright claims other than deleting the url

they kept the copyrighted material on their servers and had an internal search engine specifically for material they had claims against for so they could download it easier

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

MegaUpload was awesome back in the day. Too bad it was run by a chud rear end in a top hat.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

TulliusCicero posted:

Pretty sure fascism is like literally in his blood

he suffers from swasticklecelled anaemia

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Probably not anything anyone in this thread needs confirmation about but Kim Dotcom's ramblings about suing the gov't for anything is pure legal gibberish. Any lawyer who signs their name to such a complaint would likely get Rule 11 sanctioned immediately.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Carlos Lantana posted:

he suffers from swasticklecelled anaemia

:vince:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

repiv posted:

he double doesn't live in the US, he lives in new zealand and if he ever travelled to the US he would be arrested

he narrowly avoided being extradited

:actually: his extradition is an ongoing legal matter

for some reason

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

kw0134 posted:

Probably not anything anyone in this thread needs confirmation about but Kim Dotcom's ramblings about suing the gov't for anything is pure legal gibberish. Any lawyer who signs their name to such a complaint would likely get Rule 11 sanctioned immediately.

He probably has no intention of going through with it and is just virtue signalling. If it leads to a bunch of chuds donating to his legal fund then even better.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

How does this guy think the system identifies pedestrians? Does he really think it would identify them by like looking for swinging arms and legs vs being worried about literally any object coming into view? Like does he think it's fine if it hits like a bollard, or a dumpster rolling out of a driveway?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

real children swing their extremely long legs a lot, everyone knows that

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Almost Smart posted:

Join me in serving a subpoena to a shadowy organization of our own imagination. We’re going after the lizard people next. If you’re a respected lawyer who works for free, email me at chunkydipshit@poop.com and we will plan our legal strategy.

Email sent, is there a place a normal guy like me can donate?? I believe strongly in this and am prepared to mortgage my house multiple times if necessary

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

wilderthanmild posted:

How does this guy think the system identifies pedestrians?

I'm assuming they worked backwards from Tesla can't be wrong, so therefore I need I shall look until I find any sort of fault I can with the test, no matter how stupid, and post about it.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bottom Liner posted:

real children swing their extremely long legs a lot, everyone knows that

Genetically children are much close to gibbons than humans. Everyone knows that.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Leonard J. Crabbs lost his only client just over a year ago. I'm sure he'd be more than willing to do legal stuff in courts

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I need some trump tweet stats. Which one had the lowest like-to-view ratio? I want to know what his worst tweet was, empirically.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

wilderthanmild posted:

How does this guy think the system identifies pedestrians? Does he really think it would identify them by like looking for swinging arms and legs vs being worried about literally any object coming into view? Like does he think it's fine if it hits like a bollard, or a dumpster rolling out of a driveway?

Tesla engineers programmed their crash detection technology with this:

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Kingo Ligma posted:

A methed up homeless guy came up to me last week and told.me I better get rid of my phone because he was "going to send a text to every phone on the planet except the text would make the phone explode, killing 98% of the world's population.

At this point, I think that dude had more technical knowledge than Elon.

This is almost literally the plot of a Stephen King book. Except everyone turns into a zombie

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Will the presentation of their case take place at Four Seasons Landscaping?

Four Seasons Hunan Buffet.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

fuctifino posted:

Leonard J. Crabbs lost his only client just over a year ago. I'm sure he'd be more than willing to do legal stuff in courts

And illegal things outside of them!

he’ll do those same things inside for a slightly higher fee

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

wilderthanmild posted:

The Radio City Rockettes are a national treasure; wouldn't want to run over their chorus line.

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

dr_rat posted:

they worked backwards from Tesla can't be wrong

It's this. Same reason Musk fans clap their hands whenever any competing technology fails. They aren't interested in the tech itself, it's just team sports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Musk and Co are trying to bring about the dystopian social media planet and its legal system from The Orville.