Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Hello fellow Patriot human, I am suing the government for ~CrImEs~

Please go to PoopfartPatriot.RU to give me money and save the freedums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

TulliusCicero posted:

Hello fellow Patriot human, I am suing the government for ~CrImEs~

Please go to PoopfartPatriot.RU to give me money and save the freedums

Interesting

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

The Postman posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1606107465174503424

why is he even doing any of this? Did someone doubt the number of views on one of his posts so he just demanded this feature?
This winds up coming across to me like he thinks everybody should be doing 50 identical one-word reply tweets everyday like he does, which likely boosts engagement metrics but also sounds completely loving unreadable.

Troubling…

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

ben shapino posted:

Interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV0edD_Gsw8

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The Postman posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1606107465174503424

why is he even doing any of this? Did someone doubt the number of views on one of his posts so he just demanded this feature?

Wow
Interesting
Concerning

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

For a guy who sincerely believes everybody but him is a video game character he sure loving talks like one

I've seen NES characters with more personality

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

TulliusCicero posted:

For a guy who sincerely believes everybody but him is a video game character he sure loving talks like one

True

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

TulliusCicero posted:

Big Oblivion NPC energy

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
we should stop giving musky free page visits and just screencap his bird shits. (or just copy paste his text posts so I dont see his stupid face/current avatar)

Again "screencap your enemies, repost your friends" , make DA ALGORITHM think musky isnt worthy of promotion. Also goons should download the browser extension that cleans up URLs /dletes tracking poo poo from birdlinks.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Ive been in a car all day because of Christmas, has Elon personally fixed the Twitter stack yet?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

TulliusCicero posted:

Yet he had the most dogshit Elden Ring build I’ve ever seen

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Please get #NPCelon trending. It'll drive him to nuke the whole platform.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

War Wizard posted:

Please get #NPCelon trending. It'll drive him to nuke the whole platform.

I deleted my Twitter years ago otherwise I absolutely would

Somebody just make a bot that makes all his replies and posts into FF NPC speech bubbles or something, that will set him off

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

gay picnic defence posted:

Big Oblivion NPC energy

Oblivion NPCs can manage like 5 complete sentences without sputtering out like a dying Tesla engine about how much they love transphobia and racism

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 23, 2022

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

ben shapino posted:

drat sounds like most tweets suck poo poo!!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Iirc Elon personally ordered the removal of LIDAR from teslas because it was 'too hard' to integrate that data with the camera data and determine which to pay attention to.

So now the camera is the only source of relevant information to the system and it does weird poo poo like think the moon is a yellow light, a motorcycle right in front of you at night is a car hundreds yards away, and a well lit child in the middle of a crosswalk doesn't exist

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

PhazonLink posted:

we should stop giving musky free page visits and just screencap his bird shits. (or just copy paste his text posts so I dont see his stupid face/current avatar)

Again "screencap your enemies, repost your friends" , make DA ALGORITHM think musky isnt worthy of promotion. Also goons should download the browser extension that cleans up URLs /dletes tracking poo poo from birdlinks.

lol if you think any real human metrics are more than a rounding error in comparison to the bot traffic it's blindly mixed in with

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Look you all are acting like the children killing is a bug, when it's clearly a feature.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

yook posted:

This winds up coming across to me like he thinks everybody should be doing 50 identical one-word reply tweets everyday like he does, which likely boosts engagement metrics but also sounds completely loving unreadable.

Troubling…

I wonder if that's why he's doing the one-word replies, as an attempt to single-handedly drive engagement and run up tweets per user or something only a Musk brain could come up with

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Oh poo poo he should make a poll

The People need to speak on this one! :shepface:

"Do I like Feet?"

Yes
No

I will abide to the results of the poll

to fill the void in my sad waste of a life

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

He’s definitely just looking to suck some cash out of Elongs horse fund.

Maybe also grift from these sort of guys

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Is his dumb rear end gonna try to get rid of likes?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

MJeff posted:

Is his dumb rear end gonna try to get rid of likes?

meh

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Meh

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just straight up rolling things out to live servers

Oh was that dumb and noone likes it

Better remove it

Historys Greatest Engineer everyone

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Play posted:

Iirc Elon personally ordered the removal of LIDAR from teslas because it was 'too hard' to integrate that data with the camera data and determine which to pay attention to.

So now the camera is the only source of relevant information to the system and it does weird poo poo like think the moon is a yellow light, a motorcycle right in front of you at night is a car hundreds yards away, and a well lit child in the middle of a crosswalk doesn't exist

Why would Elon have known anything about that and made a decision that involved anything to do with technical problem solving?

I’m sure the actual reason is a lot simpler

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

https://twitter.com/tezawaly/status/1606100532120227840

The new views feature doesn't look for duplicate hits from the same IP, so you can literally just have a browser refresh a tweet forever and get massive views and no other interactions. An even more useless metric than we thought.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Tiny Timbs posted:

Why would Elon have known anything about that and made a decision that involved anything to do with technical problem solving?

I’m sure the actual reason is a lot simpler

it's because their lidar supplier told them to stop using it in the way they were in their implementation because it was unsafe and going to lead to accidents

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Yeah, doubt musk cares. As many people have pointed out, this seems to be musk trying to look like he's doing something other than just being terminally online while his companies burn.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird
i'm gonna become a rockstar startup CEO/owner *spends $40 billion on a mature, complex, 15-year old company, boots customers & rips it down to the studs*

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
There is an actual reason behind it, he's trying to up the numbers, so he'll use that to pitch it to advertisers.

Broken? Who cares. The more the better! It'll make advertises think Musk is a success if they see a huge view count.

Sure, they're being shown to white nationalist, hate groups, religious crazies and other of Musk friends but as long as they see those sweet sweet numbers and are happy that's what counts in the end.

Eyes on the product!

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

A car that can semi drive itself but you gotta jump in and prevent it from killing people is such a pain in the rear end. So many new features on things are in that vein, but teslas just look like the ultimate internet of things juicer vehicle.

I met a guy with a tesla a while ago and he showed a group of us the christmas rock orchestra thing, it describes the era elon is stuck in pretty well. I remember back maybe 2005 highschool when dorks would geek over that type of music

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The Last Call posted:

There is an actual reason behind it, he's trying to up the numbers, so he'll use that to pitch it to advertisers.

Honestly, making impressions more visible and leaving it open enough for a whole bunch of people can gently caress with the numbers, to up the impressions, sounds a bit to well thought out than musks typical stuff.

Like I wouldn't put it past him, but as generally his more of a just half rear end it and get it done type poo poo head, I feel more likely that yeah it's like this cause he just quickly half assed it.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Play posted:

Well if the child isn't moving their legs it's fair game.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

AutismVaccine posted:

Blocking Twitter is real twittering imo

idk what it means but verfugbar is the shortest, most german word

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

koshmar posted:

This is almost literally the plot of a Stephen King book. Except everyone turns into a zombie

All roads lead to Stephen King

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

For the last time I'm not FEET GAY!!!!

but uh yes

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

repiv posted:

he double doesn't live in the US, he lives in new zealand and if he ever travelled to the US he would be arrested

he narrowly avoided being extradited

I think present tense is appropriate, "he is narrowly avoiding being extradited."

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

dr_rat posted:

Honestly, making impressions more visible and leaving it open enough for a whole bunch of people can gently caress with the numbers, to up the impressions, sounds a bit to well thought out than musks typical stuff.

Like I wouldn't put it past him, but as generally his more of a just half rear end it and get it done type poo poo head, I feel more likely that yeah it's like this cause he just quickly half assed it.

I can easily believe he half assed it.

He's certainly been doing it for everything else so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mal-3 posted:

It's like watching a man become L Ron Hubbard in real time. Sadly, ol' Musky is nowhere near as imaginative a bullshit artist.

He'd be a lot funnier if he decided that he conjured an elemental woman with sex magic to replace Grimes and used that as a cover to steal a boat.