Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Veotax posted:

Rouge One had extensive reshoots (Tony Gilroy basically came in after the movie was shot and saved, apparently. He would later make Andor, the very good Rouge One prequel series for Disney+), so there is a bunch of footage in some of the trailers that weren't used in the final film.

Also some stuff just shot for the trailer because it looked good.

Nobody asked for the Revlon Cinematic Universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Karloff posted:

It's like those videos on YouTube that use interpolation and have titles such as "We improved the stop motion on Jason & The Argonauts ". I want to lightly rap them with a rolled up newspaper and be like "Stop it".

Old stop motion in 60fps and higher just makes the monsters look like dudes in rubber suits doing the Godzilla/power rangers thing.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Nobody asked for the Revlon Cinematic Universe.

My spelling sucks and spell check has betrayed me :(

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don’t care how old it makes me. Kids trying to make everything look like video games are monsters.

And in a decade or so they’re gonna be making movies. We’re doomed.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Peter Jackson is already around making movies

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Joe Fisto posted:

That poster got roasted in the comments and turned them off

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Is there any actual link between this lawsuit and Marvel? Or are people just saying "Marvel did something vaguely similar, they must be next"

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

StumblyWumbly posted:

Is there any actual link between this lawsuit and Marvel? Or are people just saying "Marvel did something vaguely similar, they must be next"

Literally in the first post it's about Infinity War

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Old stop motion in 60fps and higher just makes the monsters look like dudes in rubber suits doing the Godzilla/power rangers thing.

Does this work in reverse? If I change the fps in old Power Rangers, does it look like stop motion?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
All this means is that every trailer is going to have a "Footage subject to change" disclaimer at the start of the thing

This is so bizarrely meaningless

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Endless Mike posted:

Why the gently caress would you do that

Also the first is one of the only movies where I've thought 3D actually enhanced it so I am super hyped for the theater

It was really good in 3D.

The last 3D movie I’ve seen was the original Jaws, and I still can’t get over how good it looked.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

muscles like this! posted:

See that may be more of a case than some of the other instances because they specifically added stuff showing Spider-Man that they knew wouldn't be in the movie.

The judge was very specific, it can only be applied in cases where a specific actress or scene could reasonably have been expected to be in the movie. Tom Holland is not an actress, even in a win you can lie about men in your movie as much as you care to. At least until another lawsuit.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Endless Mike posted:

I only watch movies with trailers that start with "IMAGINE A WORLD"

I love this trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVDzuT0fXro

Surprisingly, the teaser that was released for the Barbie movie recently was also a very good teaser:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zIf0XvoL9Y

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

CzarChasm posted:

Does this work in reverse? If I change the fps in old Power Rangers, does it look like stop motion?

It would just look like a 90’s jackie chan fight scene.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

CzarChasm posted:

You can play the Sega CD game and find out!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Literally in the first post it's about Infinity War

It's not. There's no actual connection to marvel at all

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Fangz posted:

It's not. There's no actual connection to marvel at all

The main thing they talk about is Ana de Armas actually not being in "Yesterday", but then they mention some trailer scene cut from Infinity War. I spent 2 minutes trying to figure out what the missing scene is, and I don't know if its so obvious nobody describes it, or if some folks went to Infinity War just so they could see Capt America pick out a shield or some poo poo.

Mysteries of the universe

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

StumblyWumbly posted:

The main thing they talk about is Ana de Armas actually not being in "Yesterday", but then they mention some trailer scene cut from Infinity War. I spent 2 minutes trying to figure out what the missing scene is, and I don't know if its so obvious nobody describes it, or if some folks went to Infinity War just so they could see Capt America pick out a shield or some poo poo.

Mysteries of the universe

The law suit is entirely about the Yesterday trailer. The mention of the MCU is referring to the IW trailer showing the group running through a forest when in the movie they ran through some grass, and is entirely speculative fishing for clicks.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Fangz posted:

The law suit is entirely about the Yesterday trailer. The mention of the MCU is referring to the IW trailer showing the group running through a forest when in the movie they ran through some grass, and is entirely speculative fishing for clicks.

Also probably more relevantly Hulk is in the shot when in the film it's Banner in the Hulkbuster because Hulk won't come out.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The fans talking about IW are mostly referring to how the trailers showed Hulk in place of Hulkbuster Banner.

Edit: beaten like Thanos whooped the monster out of me

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yesterday has some legs because Ana De Armas was in one of the trailers A LOT, so I can get someone going "hey where is this person who i expected to be in the film?". The others are shakier.

When do you think that we'll see a teaser for The Marvels? The Superbowl always has one MCU trailer in it, but i feel like we'll see a teaser before then.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

There's like three other Marvel things due to come out before Marvels. I'd wager the Super Bowl spot will mostly likely go to one of those. The first Marvels trailer will probably come out around Quantumania's release imo.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

howe_sam posted:

There's like three other Marvel things due to come out before Marvels. I'd wager the Super Bowl spot will mostly likely go to one of those. The first Marvels trailer will probably come out around Quantumania's release imo.

:thunk:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Some footage was shown for The Marvels (not to the public) at D23 a few months ago, so I think in Jan/Feb we might get a trailer

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, yeah, that'll serve me for posting without checking dates.

Actually, thinking about it some more I wouldn't be surprised if we get the Marvels teaser during the CFP national championship game in a couple weeks, it's an ESPN broadcast and that's about six months from movie release when Marvel seems to like to drop teasers.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Isn't secret invasion soon ish

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

All we know is "Early 2023" so my guess is May or June as the run up to Marvels.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They just did a Disney Plus teaser thing and the Marvel stuff they focused on was Secret Invasion and Loki. So those are probably next up.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Nothing has a release date yet which I find a bit odd

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I could have sworn Secret Invasion was set for January

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I am pretty skeptical that anything is releasing in January when it's already almost January and nothing has been announced. Feb, maybe. Still waiting on a release date for What If? Season 2 as well.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Nothing's on the immediate horizon for D+ because Disney cleared out their entire December and January schedules to Let Big Jim Cook (I have no idea if Big Jim is actually cooking or not). Then Mando S3 is hitting March 1st, and Disney might want to let that run without any "competition" as well.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The Bad Batch season 2 starts in January and will maybe have one or two weeks of overlap with Mando S3. I wouldn’t expect anything Marvel until late May at the earliest.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is definitely going to be a minute for Daredevil as they announced it is going to film next year. And by "next year" they mean all of next year as filming is scheduled to go from February to December.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah Daredevil is going to be I think 18 episodes for the first season

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Daredevil seems far off but Echo seemed like it was gonna precede it.

Secret Invasion seems in the bag and like it precedes a line of stuff like Ironheart end Armor Wars so I’d expect it in February or so. I don’t think some overlap with the Star Wars stuff is off plan for Disney+. Like if you’re not watching a show by the 5th week it makes sense for a new show to be pushed to see if that attracts you.

Loki S2 also seems like something that will coincide/follow Quantumania.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
while not actually a superhero movie, Glass Onion has enough Marvel actors in it that I'm just gonna go ahead and say everybody in the thread should watch Glass Onion

it hit Netflix today, the cast is good, whole movie good

watch Knives Out, too, Captain America is in it

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Lunatic Sledge posted:

while not actually a superhero movie, Glass Onion has enough Marvel actors in it that I'm just gonna go ahead and say everybody in the thread should watch Glass Onion

it hit Netflix today, the cast is good, whole movie good

watch Knives Out, too, Captain America is in it

Now I need a Knives Out/MCU crossover.

Daniel Craig's character gets involved in a murder mystery with a bunch of superheroes and villains.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Jamesman posted:

Daniel Craig's character gets involved in a murder mystery with a bunch of superheroes and villains.

yes

who do I need to call, which representative do I need to write a letter to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Jamesman posted:

Daniel Craig for Howard The Duck series?