Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Shrecknet posted:

it's actually interesting, there's about four VAs that recorded lines then it's dynamically pitch-shifted so their voice matches the body

it doesn't work and makes everyone sound stupid and wrong, but it's the choice they went with

I wonder if that was due to Covid related production issues or if they just decided to cheap out in the very beginning? Either way, hope they realize just how poo poo it turned out so they don’t do it again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

they had potentially infinite npcs they needed dialog for, so they went with this plan to make sure they could offer "infinite" different voices.

like I said, it didn't work but if you squint you can see a kind of good idea

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

pls elaborate

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Phenotype posted:

pls elaborate

It’s incredibly spoilers but ok sure the ending and if you want it fully spoiled your little buddy says you have to go home now and Klonoa starts getting sucked through a portal to another world while screaming that he doesn’t want to go, and then your little buddy changes his mind and tries to hold onto Klonoa but can’t and they get separated forever

There are other implications throughout too but that’s the real motherfucker

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

in context it's even more brutal for reasons i refuse to spoil

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah I wasn’t about to write a whole essay on it but it is a deeply hosed up game pretending to be a cute mascot platformer lol

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Lol kojima is making a death stranding film as his debut. Gonna arthouse, he says. No one is ready.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

How the gently caress is Kojima going to edit anything he shits out into a reasonable length for a film, and I say this as a Kojima fan

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s incredibly spoilers but ok sure the ending and if you want it fully spoiled your little buddy says you have to go home now and Klonoa starts getting sucked through a portal to another world while screaming that he doesn’t want to go, and then your little buddy changes his mind and tries to hold onto Klonoa but can’t and they get separated forever

There are other implications throughout too but that’s the real motherfucker

i know they walk it back a little in subsequent games but the first one's implication that klonoa might not even have a home to go back to, he just spends his existence traipsing through worlds in peril only to get ripped out of them after they've been saved, forgets everyone he's met, and starts all over again is a real slap across the chops

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

How the gently caress is Kojima going to edit anything he shits out into a reasonable length for a film, and I say this as a Kojima fan

His mgs3 movie on the subsistence disc is good. Also 3 hours long

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

3 hours is not a reasonable length for a film

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

that said, films do not have to be reasonable

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

3 hours is not a reasonable length for a film

Returning to the breath with my mantra:

"I will not take the bait. I will not take the bait"

E: I read your post as not an unreasonable length. Whew. Calm returns.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
films should either be 90 minutes long or more than four hours long

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Six hours with an intermission

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they should stop making films now that games exist. People on screen talking??? Boring!.
People on screen that I can shoot with magic?? Now we’re having fun

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
speaking of 90 minutes long I played Superhot and Dear Esther today, and both take less than two hours to finish and feel very much part of the same 'actually games can be art...by being boring' genre of indie game despite having almost diametrically opposite styles

that's not to say I didn't enjoy them but I'm glad they were both pretty short lol

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Superhot is trying to be art? If anything it gives me the same silly action game vibe that was pushed to the extreme in Ultrakill.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Volte posted:

Superhot is trying to be art? If anything it gives me the same silly action game vibe that was pushed to the extreme in Ultrakill.

Ehhhhh all the "think you're in control? we disabled the options button :twisted:" stuff definitely made me roll my eyes

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

If the central game mechanic of Superhot isn’t art then idk what is

Art is anything you hadn’t thought of

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
In this weird funk where I can't decide what to play, or if I want to play something, or if I just want to play something to beat it, rather than have fun. Weird feeling, and for some reason I feel like these constant sales and FOMO is partly the cause.

Might be a good time to just dive into the ol' backlog, maybe play more than a few missions of Squadrons, or complete another couple runs of Hades.

Y'all ever get like this

Alternatively, anyone have any recent experiences with Potion Permit? I seems to have had a number of bugs on release, but dunno how it fares these days.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Morpheus posted:

In this weird funk where I can't decide what to play, or if I want to play something, or if I just want to play something to beat it, rather than have fun. Weird feeling, and for some reason I feel like these constant sales and FOMO is partly the cause.

Might be a good time to just dive into the ol' backlog, maybe play more than a few missions of Squadrons, or complete another couple runs of Hades.

Y'all ever get like this

Alternatively, anyone have any recent experiences with Potion Permit? I seems to have had a number of bugs on release, but dunno how it fares these days.

Sometimes it’s worth taking a while off from games until you get that intense urge to get into something asap and go from there. Works for me at least when I feel like I want to play games but feel sort of lost even getting into something.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Morpheus posted:

Y'all ever get like this

That's me every time I finish a longish title. I finished GOWR, played Tactics Ogre for a couple of hours this weekend and haven't touched a game since Sunday. No interest. Just switched to other hobbies.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Hopefully by hiring an editor haha

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

How do I efficiently get more oil in Sekiro? There are two apes now. Nobody sells oil?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You have to get the drill attachment for your arm and then invade Iraq, which should unlock after about ten hours of fighting the training guy.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You have to get the drill attachment for your arm and then invade Iraq, which should unlock after about ten hours of fighting the training guy.

Ah. I killed him. He asked.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Fix posted:

This Owl fella is kinda a dick. Starting to think I should have let him take the kid.

Try stabbing He taught you everything you know

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Fix posted:

Holy poo poo, ape slain this is happening!

Fix posted:

How do I efficiently get more oil in Sekiro? There are two apes now. Nobody sells oil?

Lol

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Thanks. Huge help.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Some enemies drop oil in Hirata Estate but I don’t know if you can reliably buy it from anywhere

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

greasy terminator: “Oil be back”

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Played a tiny bit of Valkyrie Profile this morning before work. Boy that voice acting sure is something haha

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Played a tiny bit of Valkyrie Profile this morning before work. Boy that voice acting sure is something haha

It gets a lot better, but the VA in the first 30 mins is truly awful. Even in '99 when I encountered Frei at the castle gate I was like what the gently caress am I getting into

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/YakFan/status/1606174498360655872?t=-xzepKEZPWGmpzW48lh-eA&s=19

:3:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I finished Plague Tale: Innocence. It was pretty good except the cart scene which was really bad. Really bad. Really really bad. Really really really bad.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It gets a lot better, but the VA in the first 30 mins is truly awful. Even in '99 when I encountered Frei at the castle gate I was like what the gently caress am I getting into

Yeah, not counting it as a knock against the game. Great voice acting isnt why I'm here, but in a silly sorta a way I also kinda enjoy it lol

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If Kojima actually makes a movie it's going to be the worst thing ever put to film. His level of unrestrained corniness works in video games because it's padded out by fun gameplay and is entertaining but if he is really making a movie, my god that is going to be some "The Room" level poo poo.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Dec 23, 2022

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Fix posted:

Thanks. Huge help.

I was gonna say that it maybe drops from the enemies in a certain area, but I remembered that area comes after the ape duo. Maybe the Merchant under the area near the first ape?

They still catch on fire real well without oil! The second ape is much much weaker too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Fix posted:

Hirata estate has lots of drops and is worth going back to at some point for an optional thing or two (but to actually initiate the extra Hirata estate stuff you have to speak with Emma about specific things, about a Sakura branch or something, it’s a series of dialogues spread out, and finishes in the sculptor’s shack, it’s kind of one of those from soft quests that you might just have to google because it expects specific conditions and eavesdropping)

Also did you find the merchant hanging out on the opposite side of the stairs that lead up to the Genichiro fight? He asks you to clear the area of enemies basically then you can talk to him and he moves back next to the sculptor

imhotep fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Dec 23, 2022