Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Data Graham posted:

Hating trans people and also "oh yeah Tesla is going to be unprofitable next year, lol soz all"

Pro tier CEOing

Oh yeah and also admitted he constantly has to correct the autopilot in his car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

aluminumonkey posted:

Not sure the definition of crying is pointing out that it is dumb to link to a service that we want to die.

Yea the shear power of a dying SA is the only thing keeping twitter afloat.

Like I said the dumbest hill to cry about

Though if you don’t like it leave SA, put your money where your mouth is

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

Mal-3 posted:

You... you added those emojis to the screenshot, right Butterwagon? Please tell me you or whoever took the screenshot photoshopped those in. Even if you're lying please tell me that's not real.

I would never use something as crude as photoshop to deceive you

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

CBD Corndog posted:

Oh, I know what will fix the freefalling stock price

https://twitter.com/TechCrunch/status/1606325491069222914

More useless junk in the merch store

doesn't even look like it can fit 3

Kale
May 14, 2010

Heath posted:

Y'all keep saying this poo poo but you just keep moving the goal posts. Before it was gonna be dead when everyone left, then the World Cup was definitely going to collapse it, then it's gonna be a year

That's just the usual people getting ahead of themselves and insisting the most extreme highest comedy scenario is going to happen is going to happen thing. I can't imagine anybody actually seriously thought that was a guaranteed scenario and were just kind of shitposting though.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yea the shear power of a dying SA is the only thing keeping twitter afloat.

Like I said the dumbest hill to cry about

Kind of feels like the same hill to die on scenario could be interpreted the other way around. Getting kind of defensive over people even suggesting alternatives to twitter link->dunk comedy posting feels like dying on a hill from where I'm sitting all the same. You seem to feel awfully strongly about this topic basically. :shrug:

Kale fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Dec 23, 2022

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Butterwagon posted:

In firefox you can use "Inspect element" on the tweet, find the div, copy the css selector, and take a screenshot using the console like so

code:
:screenshot --dpr 1.5 --selector "YOUR SELECTOR HERE" --clipboard true

You can of course also just do this...

btw I recently discovered that you can just paste the image from the clipboard directly into the imgur upload screen. No need to save a temporary file.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Click all the checkboxes Elon

They are there for you to click

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

You can of course also just do this...

:doh:

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos

CharlestheHammer posted:

What are you even talking about?

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
https://twitter.com/scholarandelbow/status/1606270080051859457?s=46&t=R5dtbaizGW3ExfJBRfkxPA
Lol I’m thinking some advertisers were not pleased at publicly showing how little engagement their promoted tweets got and made a few angry phone calls

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

aluminumonkey posted:

What are you even talking about?

SA is giving Twitter traffic you obviously can’t support it if you think not linking is some moral imperative

It’s not about that of course but at least be consistent with the fiction

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I like the links because I save them as bookmarks and more descriptive than scrolling through images.

Also Twitter still has important and valid use cases especially with respect to journalism stuff like what's going on with Twitter, what's going on in Ukraine, etc.

I'm sure if there was a better platform to do all that, it'd be replacing Twitter in this very thread.

I want Jack's and Elon's version of Twitter to die, but I think the platform does have its merits.

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Dec 23, 2022

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

more like fool self diving

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
yeah but then hosting the clipped tweet is an issue because I dont wanna get doxed for using an image host

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I UKE MEGA UPLOAD

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Goons crying about linking twitter posts to waffleimage mid-death might be the dumbest hill a goon will die on

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Rollercoasters are normally supposed to go up at some point

They have to be dragged upward by outside force

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

CBD Corndog posted:

https://twitter.com/TechCrunch/status/1606325491069222914

DADDY LOVES HIS GIZMOS MORE GIZMOS FOR CLICKS

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

SA is giving Twitter traffic you obviously can’t support it if you think not linking is some moral imperative

It’s not about that of course but at least be consistent with the fiction

I kept posting here during the :yikeseroo: period before Jeffrey bought the site. I don't think my meager contribution to the world's 2nd-richest (3rd or 4th by now) man matters.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I don’t remember people being morally outraged at waffle but I wasn’t here for that

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

AARD VARKMAN posted:

doesn't even look like it can fit 3
As Musk would say, "Technically, we didn't claim 3 phones, but that it can hold 3 devices."

The tiny Tesla logo on the front isn't even lit up.
Probably came up with this because two weeks ago when Musk was having his hissy fit over Apple he tweeted about making a phone, and since that was impossible he demanded a product that was phone-adjacent.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

:siren::siren::siren::siren:THERE IS NO ETHICAL POSTING UNDER CAPITALISM :siren::siren::siren::siren:

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Just realised that Elon is probably going to end up spending his Christmas Day replying to the likes of catturd and Ian Miles Cheong, lol

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

CharlestheHammer posted:

Goons crying about linking twitter posts might be the dumbest hill a goon will die on

Hihohe posted:

Bloo bloo bloo dont link a twitter post i dont wanna give em EXPOSURE.

Dude chill twitters gonna be dead by next year

Are you both referring to my post about the transphobic celebrity who paid a group of men to have my real life trans friend put in hospital? Because it reads like you are complaining that I asked that we don't promote a transphobic celebrity who paid a group of men to put my trans friend in hospital.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Every time you link to Twitter ITT, you are leeching Twitter’s bandwidth and costing Twitter money without them getting anything in return. This is why one of Elon’s big ideas before the sale closed was to charge sites for embedding tweets.

Linking tweets is praxis. :colbert:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Another Bill posted:

:siren::siren::siren::siren:THERE IS NO ETHICAL POSTING UNDER CAPITALISM :siren::siren::siren::siren:

You paid to be here, check and mate.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

learnincurve posted:

Are you referring to my post about the transphobic celebrity who paid a group of men to have my real life trans friend put in hospital? Because it reads like you are complaining that I asked that we don't promote a transphobic celebrity who paid a group of men to put my trans friend in hospital.

No they’re talking about the people who want to post screenshots of tweets rather than embed them, despite embedding giving the advantage of a) being able to click through to the tweet and b) not being able to post fake images of tweets

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Just want to reinforce something here:

Teslas have never had Lidar. If you want a car with onboard Lidar, buy a Cadillac.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Definitely post screenshots of Musk tweets cause he's a serial deleter, who gives a poo poo about the rest.

namaste

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The volvo EX90 has a sensor bump on the top of the windshield with lidar iirc and it looks cyberpunk as hell

(It’s not out yet tho)

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
I bought a charging stand that can wirelessly charge three devices simultaneously and it cost $40.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

bad new thread:

it seems an elon tweet got an extra dozen views from a website called somethingawful dot com and now twitter is solvent for the next 5 years :(

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Very funny that the new feature lets you ratio yourself

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

CBD Corndog posted:

lol, I have a $30 thing off amazon on my nightstand that wirelessly charges my work phone, personal phone, airpods, apple watch all at once.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Almost Smart posted:

I bought a charging stand that can wirelessly charge three devices simultaneously and it cost $40.

But does it have a Tesla logo?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
conspiracy theorists on stocktwits are going wild right now, it's just walls of text/links to blogs where they try and explain why the government* is doing this to them as their retirement funds go through the floor.

*a government with a massive financial interest in tesla doing well.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Why care about linking to twitter when all the ad-buyers are pulling out meaning it's going to fail hard regardless if the internet bastion of SA links to it or not. Views are dogshit as a form of tracking interaction and getting 100 extra boosts on random tweets from SA won't mean poo poo compared to people on far larger platforms.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/ElonJetNextDay/status/1606048379137445889

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

learnincurve posted:

conspiracy theorists on stocktwits are going wild right now, it's just walls of text/links to blogs where they try and explain why the government* is doing this to them as their retirement funds go through the floor.

*a government with a massive financial interest in tesla doing well.

Currently down ~1.2% for today, where were these morons in the previous 2 days when it lost over 8% consecutively?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
How long till mentioning Glass Onion will get you banned on Twitter?