Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

BiggerBoat posted:

Is there a TV doctor anywhere that's even worth a poo poo?

Dr. Dean Edell who used to be on KGO seemed like a good guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Dr. Franklin Ruehl from Mysteries From Beyond the Other Dominion.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I meant like a reality tv/talk show host doctor person.

Anyway, in new that should shock nobody., Sean Hannity knew Trump's election fraud claims were bullshit despite pushing them on his shows.

https://news.yahoo.com/sean-hannity-testified-didnt-believe-001935335.html

Sean Hannity Testified He Didn't Believe Trump's Election Fraud Lies 'For 1 Second'

quote:

Sean Hannity was apparently willing to promote Donald Trump’s bogus election fraud claims on his Fox News show but unwilling to defend them while under oath.

The New York Times is reporting that when Hannity was deposed earlier this year as a part of a massive defamation lawsuit brought forward by Dominion Voting Systems against the right-wing network, he basically admitted his real thoughts about the 2020 election being stolen.

“I did not believe it for one second,” Hannity testified.

However, that didn’t stop Hannity from hosting fraud proponents like Sidney Powell, who offered wild allegations about Dominion such as the machines supposedly running an algorithm that switched votes for Trump to Joe Biden.

Hannity’s confession came out in court during a hearing on Wednesday to address several issues that need to be resolved before the case heads for a jury trial scheduled to begin in April.

But Hannity’s Dominion disclosure does suggest that at least some Fox employees were aware they were broadcasting fake news.

If Hannity loving told me the earth was round I might have to go take a second look at some flat earther theories and see for myself. I suppose his out here is that he never pushed election fraud but merely had on guests who espoused those opinions.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I don't think Dr Phil is nearly as stupid as Dr Oz is

Oz at least is good at one thing: he is-slash-was a renowned and world-class heart surgeon who has patents on several life-saving devices. Dr. Phil just made Opera feel better when she was sad during a lawsuit.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

NDP posted:

Apparently, even right-wingers can take only so much smug self-righteousness.

Jesse Kelly is still on late night radio here so I can assure you there is no limit to the amount of smug self-righteousness they can take.

Speaking of which his show was wild the other night. Dude became completely unhinged and started straight up yelling at the top of his lungs about the omnibus bill, and how Mitch McConnell and every Republican who voted for it was a communist traitor who needed to be purged from the GOP.

BiggerBoat posted:

So, like I suspected, more bullshit. Twitter collected reimbursement money for processing legal requests. That's it. That's the whole bombshell story.

That's not all of it. There's also some stuff about the FBI holding meetings with Twitter and telling them what stories to suppress. That's the right wing media side of the story, anyway. What reality is, I don't know. I haven't looked into it.

BiggerBoat posted:

I suppose his out here is that he never pushed election fraud but merely had on guests who espoused those opinions.

Yep, it'll be the same excuse he has about pushing anti-vaxx propaganda. "I'm not a doctor, I never told anyone to not get the vaccine, I just had on multiple guests who said the vaccine was unsafe and could kill you and that it'd be a bad idea to get it!"

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

BiggerBoat posted:

Is there a TV doctor anywhere that's even worth a poo poo?

Does Sanjay Gupta count? He seems pretty cool.

I remember him performing brain surgery on a soldier in Afghanistan when he was covering the medical unit.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Neito posted:

Oz at least is good at one thing: he is-slash-was a renowned and world-class heart surgeon who has patents on several life-saving devices. Dr. Phil just made Opera feel better when she was sad during a lawsuit.

This is one of the things that gets me: Mehmet Oz was a legitimate expert as a heart surgeon. He has, without exaggeration, saved lives with his work. And with his patents he could rest easy for the remainder of his life if he wished.

But he didn't. He got onto the tv circuit selling general medical advice (eat a healthy diet and be more active) to hawking supplements to outright snake-oil scams. It got so bad that he got pulled in front of Congress for his nonsense, and it wounded his ego so badly that he doubled down on the bullshit and tried to get elected in order to get back at the people who dared to question him. And he decided that a well-loved local politician who has served his community for decades would be the guy he could beat.

Dr. Phil is a malicious piece of poo poo, but Dr. Oz is malicious and stupid. Throwing away every ounce of respect and authority he had, drop by drop over decades chasing the dollar.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

J.A.B.C. posted:

This is one of the things that gets me: Mehmet Oz was a legitimate expert as a heart surgeon. He has, without exaggeration, saved lives with his work. And with his patents he could rest easy for the remainder of his life if he wished.

But he didn't. He got onto the tv circuit selling general medical advice (eat a healthy diet and be more active) to hawking supplements to outright snake-oil scams. It got so bad that he got pulled in front of Congress for his nonsense, and it wounded his ego so badly that he doubled down on the bullshit and tried to get elected in order to get back at the people who dared to question him. And he decided that a well-loved local politician who has served his community for decades would be the guy he could beat.

Dr. Phil is a malicious piece of poo poo, but Dr. Oz is malicious and stupid. Throwing away every ounce of respect and authority he had, drop by drop over decades chasing the dollar.

The Ben Carson Memorial Award For Burning Any Goodwill You May Have Had.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Ben Carson must be getting tired of people putting "Memorial" after his name

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Brawnfire posted:

I wonder if he'll start raising Cain about it.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Brawnfire posted:

I ain't gonna rename my Ben Carson memorial belt buckle and you can't make me. :colbert:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

BiggerBoat posted:

Dude I posted about mentioned a name I'd never heard before that I intended to look up but forgot what it was. Struck me as Illumantti Soros Adjacent. Garos? Maybe? Something like that having to do with NWO and one world government.
Davos/WEF

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Brawnfire posted:

Which is ironic because I don't think Ben Carson remembers where he even is most of the time :v:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Ben Carson sure did vanish quickly. What was the story there?

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

I meant like a reality tv/talk show host doctor person.

Anyway, in new that should shock nobody., Sean Hannity knew Trump's election fraud claims were bullshit despite pushing them on his shows.

https://news.yahoo.com/sean-hannity-testified-didnt-believe-001935335.html

Sean Hannity Testified He Didn't Believe Trump's Election Fraud Lies 'For 1 Second'

If Hannity loving told me the earth was round I might have to go take a second look at some flat earther theories and see for myself. I suppose his out here is that he never pushed election fraud but merely had on guests who espoused those opinions.

I don’t get it? If he knowingly broadcast lies about Dominion then isn’t he admitting to defaming them? “Trump wanted me to push these people and so I did and even though I didn’t believe them I didn’t push back on their BS on air” seems like defamation to me.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

J.A.B.C. posted:

But he didn't. He got onto the tv circuit selling general medical advice (eat a healthy diet and be more active) to hawking supplements to outright snake-oil scams.

Well, if Alex Jones’s hundreds of millions is anything to go by hawking supplements to the right is A LOT of money.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

PT6A posted:

He was never much of a hustling grifter, he was just happy to be used as a token of "see??? if youre black and you pull up your pants and work hard you can be super successful" and make money on pretty non-descript speaking engagements. But the GOP pushed him from "he's an amazing surgeon" to "he can do anything, even be president" and he fell for the propaganda hard and assumed he could coast as a Presidential candidate, and when that failed, he assumed he could coast as a cabinet member, and when that turned out to be too much for him to handle, he just kind of decided he was done with it all.

He has gone back to the most classic of grift: he has founded a think tank to advise the GOP. I don't think anyone cares.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

PT6A posted:

We all finally let him go back to bed

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Murgos posted:

I don’t get it? If he knowingly broadcast lies about Dominion then isn’t he admitting to defaming them? “Trump wanted me to push these people and so I did and even though I didn’t believe them I didn’t push back on their BS on air” seems like defamation to me.

He'll say that HE never pushed the lies and that he aired guests that did.

FFT posted:

Davos/WEF

Thanks but I can't seem to dig anything up. DO you have a link or something I can read? TIA

Kale
May 14, 2010

Kind of feel like I've found the new right wing grievance bleat if they can't do mask mandates cause there are none (though that hasn't stopped the freedom fuckers here in Canada from literally protesting against nothing) and seem to have forgotten to do the War on Christmas entirely this year. It's going to be "Ukraine Bad" and "They's ain't gettin' muh money" isn't it?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Kale posted:

Kind of feel like I've found the new right wing grievance bleat if they can't do mask mandates cause there are none (though that hasn't stopped the freedom fuckers here in Canada from literally protesting against nothing) and seem to have forgotten to do the War on Christmas entirely this year. It's going to be "Ukraine Bad" and "They's ain't gettin' muh money" isn't it?

Yeah, the current line seems to be "why can't we spend all that Ukraine money at home, we have people here that need help!"

And then when you say, "okay, let's spend some money and help those people!" they change their tune with a quickness!

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

PT6A posted:

Yeah, the current line seems to be "why can't we spend all that Ukraine money at home, we have people here that need help!"

And then when you say, "okay, let's spend some money and help those people!" they change their tune with a quickness!

The latest is, “why all this money for Ukraine and nothing to protect our own border?”

Which falls apart when you point out that the DoD budget is actually to protect our border as well as the DHS budget and the CBP budget.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Aren't they mad zelensky came to the white house or whatever dressed like he just got back from the gym?

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

Panfilo posted:

Aren't they mad zelensky came to the white house or whatever dressed like he just got back from the gym?

Man who lives in active warzone doesn't travel in Trump brand suits. :bahgawd:

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Panfilo posted:

Pretty much. It's all performative outrage. They're implying if a REPUBLICAN was in charge he would SHOW RESPECT and WEAR A SUIT in front of Congress.

Like in the aughts when they raged about Democrats not respecting the flag which provoked every single President since having to demonstrate that they love the flag by wearing a flag pin 24/7 and there is that famous picture of Trump hugging the American flag that they jerk off to.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

BiggerBoat posted:

Thanks but I can't seem to dig anything up. DO you have a link or something I can read? TIA
World Economic Forum, currently led by Klaus Schwab, it meets in Davos, Switzerland once a year, lots of fresh meat for the Alex Joneses

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

kik2dagroin posted:

Pretty much. It's all performative outrage. They're implying if a REPUBLICAN was in charge he would SHOW RESPECT and WEAR A SUIT in front of Congress.

Like in the aughts when they raged about Democrats not respecting the flag which provoked every single President since having to demonstrate that they love the flag by wearing a flag pin 24/7 and there is that famous picture of Trump hugging the American flag that they jerk off to.

If he'd come in a suit they'd probably point and say "SEE? The war can't be that bad if he can play dress up!" and the outrage would continue unabated. No matter what, outrage is the outcome.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Zelensky could give every single one of them dipshits a hundred dollars in cash and they'd complain that it wasn't in tens. The outrage isn't even worth listening to.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Levantine posted:

If he'd come in a suit they'd probably point and say "SEE? The war can't be that bad if he can play dress up!" and the outrage would continue unabated. No matter what, outrage is the outcome.
Oh yeah.

They would also be speculating on how much it costs and accusing him of buying it with American aid money.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/danglinghemmie/status/1606008119825309696?s=46&t=5xu8F8BjLe8YW_3ccar7WA

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

The funny thing about this is that "on the Left" it is absolute a sin to be abusive toward your family; on the right they just believe they have an excuse to make the abuse go one way and one way only, without consequences.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
It's amazing that Dennis Prager puts out this article while everyone is basically pleading with right-wingers to engage us in good faith even one time and cutting off contact with them because they won't stop loving lying to us
STOP loving LYING TO US

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Guessing Prager didn't even get a phone call from his kids this year lol

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
Happens every year around thing time. They alternate between playing the victim like Dennis here or take the freeper route of "I'm laughing, actually" about how they owned their stupid lib kids so much that they didn't get invited and are PROUD to share a holiday Hungry Man with all the other PATRIOTS online.

PT6A posted:

The funny thing about this is that "on the Left" it is absolute a sin to be abusive toward your family; on the right they just believe they have an excuse to make the abuse go one way and one way only, without consequences.

Well sure; for a worryingly large proportion of conservatives, parents own their children and have perpetual authority over them forever and always. When property acts up and doesn't do what it's told, it makes the parents confused and sad; why does it not behave as it should? It's acting like it has a mind of its own and won't just automatically defer to my wishes in all things!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Been seeing a lot of conservatives particularly giddy about this clip. I guess it's the mask getting slapped off the guy's face that makes them rock hard. Watch idiots try to pull that poo poo in the near future here no doubt.

https://twitter.com/TRHLofficial/status/1606305262654087171?t=rL1HvcdjwvCtwYWsYFY6cA&s=19

Victar
Nov 8, 2009

Bored? Need something to read while camping Time-Lost Protodrake?

www.vicfanfic.com

Panfilo posted:

The outraged right wing media piece that I saw was dunking on Zelensky's wife for going on a $40,000 holiday shopping spree.

I couldn't find anything about what exactly she bought, but no matter what it was, $40,000 is very small compared to what I would imagine most wives of heads of state would spend during the holiday season.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Victar posted:

The outraged right wing media piece that I saw was dunking on Zelensky's wife for going on a $40,000 holiday shopping spree.

I couldn't find anything about what exactly she bought, but no matter what it was, $40,000 is very small compared to what I would imagine most wives of heads of state would spend during the holiday season.

Like that complaint about the Obamas spending like $100k going to India...for an actual government function.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Panfilo posted:

Been seeing a lot of conservatives particularly giddy about this clip. I guess it's the mask getting slapped off the guy's face that makes them rock hard. Watch idiots try to pull that poo poo in the near future here no doubt.

https://twitter.com/TRHLofficial/status/1606305262654087171?t=rL1HvcdjwvCtwYWsYFY6cA&s=19

so what does "based" mean?

like i've seen context clues where it means contradictory things? is this what being old finally is?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

PhazonLink posted:

like i've seen context clues where it means contradictory things? is this what being old finally is?

Yes, we're all old, and what we're with is no longer "it" and what's "it" is weird and scary to us.

The right-wing tends to use it as an antonym to "woke" I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

"Based" means "thing I think is cool and good and awesome". It started as a rightwing thing, but left wingers started using it ironically to make fun of them and now everyone uses it now so it is unmoored from whatever its original meaning was.

Like how all the racist shits use "woke" as a pejorative for "thing I don't like" now.