Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Its the holidays so lemme post this song
Sung by hank hill

https://youtu.be/P1Za1nmyXE0

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Dec 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What was this from? Like what did Hank see that made him do that? Wasn't it a Kahn thing?

Khan singing in the bathroom

e: oh i guess he was just in his living room. The mickey song

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-hplAMCSMU

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
My father said he wouldn't obliterate me? His words?!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

FrumpleOrz posted:

My father said he wouldn't obliterate me? His words?!

Lmao

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

HATE A BABY?!

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Is okay?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I know it's a Thanksgiving episode but I can't help but think about the airport episode with the huge storm today.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Zero One posted:

I know it's a Thanksgiving episode but I can't help but think about the airport episode with the huge storm today.

Admiral. Admiral. Lady Admiral

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the only thing that kept me going was my will to smoke again

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Mister 'Kahn' was going to bring a pizza on the airplane and I hate him

edit: got a slice, Kahn is alright

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Who's ready for some delicious gerbster?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The way Cotton says "he's Laotian, aintcha Mr. Kahn" fuckin cracks me up

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
What ocean?

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/yZNa2W6U0fE

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I was watching a youtube video of a guy going over some random tapes and there was a KotH ad, seemingly normal up until the end when the below image pops up.

The youtuber has no idea why Hanks wearing the mask and neither do I. Anyone know if this was some kind of promotional tie-in? What da fuk, yo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9DMGgVzx7c&t=605s

Video in question, timestamped to the ad. Youtuber is BrutalMoose.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I THINK that’s the magician mask from the Sleight of Hank episode, if not I have no clue

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I know it's generally a good idea to never read the YouTube comments, but the answer was right there.

It's a reference to the series Breaking the Magician's Code: Magic's Biggest Secrets Finally Revealed that ran on Fox from 1997 to 2002. Bobby in the credits of that episode wears the same mask and explains how the magic trick that Peggy was used for worked.

A masked magician would perform magic tricks and narration and footage would explain how they were done. The masked magician was breaking the "magician's code" and wore a mask to remain anonymous. It was all a gimmick.

Star Man fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Dec 25, 2022

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Star Man posted:

I know it's generally a good idea to never read the YouTube comments, but the answer was right there.

Yeah, that's what happened, I totally didn't read the comments because like ew lol. It's not like I totally just didn't think to do that, hahaha...

But for real thanks, it's crazy how many awful shows Fox had/has

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Those shows were events back in the day. In the final special, he unmasked himself, and ended up just being some guy.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

a silvery shiver ran down ians spine
for goons did speak of him round christmas time

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

PinheadSlim posted:

Yeah, that's what happened, I totally didn't read the comments because like ew lol. It's not like I totally just didn't think to do that, hahaha...

But for real thanks, it's crazy how many awful shows Fox had/has

gently caress you, that show was awesome.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

Those shows were events back in the day. In the final special, he unmasked himself, and ended up just being some guy.

for real it's almost impossible to explain how hyped up that first special was to anyone that wasn't there

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Let me see if I have any previous posts in this thread before posting the same thing

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Okay so I’ve been watching this with friends recently and it’s definitely become the show to watch when I want to feel better. Hank was my dad when he was still married to my mom so there’s something incredibly nostalgic about that built into the show. Nowadays he’s arguably more hippie granola adjacent which is fine but he still keeps the mannerisms and dress code of Hank.

It’s weird that when I watched this a few times as a kid I always thought Bobby was a bully for some reason but nah so far he’s mostly sweet and genuine. Dunno where child-me thought that.

I kinda ping-pong about my feelings of Peggy but the last episode I saw was where she manipulated Bill into MLM stuff and took credit for everything along the way. So now I’m soured on her until proven otherwise.

I like Cotton but he seems kind of redundant when Khan is also the permanent dickhead character. Is khan ever nice or not pissed at hillbilly hank?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Sometimes Kahn is attending bbqs and other events while making jokes, other episodes he refuses to really associate with the rest of them. It’s a little consistent

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

GolfHole posted:

Mister 'Kahn' was going to bring a pizza on the airplane and I hate him

edit: got a slice, Kahn is alright

And I've got a turkey with all the trimmings!

...well, no, I don't have anything.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

kahn and cotton are very different flavors of dick, especially to our protagonist

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

The Saucer Hovers posted:

kahn and cotton are very different flavors of dick, especially to our protagonist

Tbf the protagonist can be kind of dick too ( I love him )

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kahn hate Bobby

Cotton love Bobby

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

shame on an IGA posted:

for real it's almost impossible to explain how hyped up that first special was to anyone that wasn't there

They had specials for Robbie Knievil performing stunts that were hosted by Matt Thompson. I remember there were specials with Zahi Hawass for Egyptian discoveries in the late nineties, but I can't seem to find anything on them.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Kahn hate Bobby

Cotton love Bobby

Fat white lump

Bing-bing

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Star Man posted:

They had specials for Robbie Knievil performing stunts that were hosted by Matt Thompson. I remember there were specials with Zahi Hawass for Egyptian discoveries in the late nineties, but I can't seem to find anything on them.

I remember one that was man vs beasts, featuring stuff like 40 midgets vs an elephant pulling an airplane and a very disinterested Zebra vs a sprinter.

Also some disgusting eating competition where one was like some fat dude vs a gorilla on hotdogs, but most of it was stuff like a dozen dudes trying to eat a mixing bowl full of mayonaisse.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Danggit, Bobby!

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Kalli posted:

I remember one that was man vs beasts, featuring stuff like 40 midgets vs an elephant pulling an airplane and a very disinterested Zebra vs a sprinter.

A great show. Also had 4 midgets doing a baton passing race against a camel, and a dead hang competition between a guy and an orangutang, where the orangutang was disqualified because it touched the poles holding up the pull up bar. Incredible stuff.

VVV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbo3jjs4AW0&t=296s. VVV

Caesar Saladin fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Dec 26, 2022

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Was that the one with a navy seal doing a monkey bar race against an orangutan or was there more of these things than I realized

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

lol at the monkey pissing heself

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Lol to all these 90s things

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
incredible television

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Sometimes it's the interstitial lines that are the funniest.

"The guy asked me if I wanted honey mustard and I almost took a swing at him; long story short I got a good deal on classic yellow."