Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

There's a bunch of people in the UK who already think that if you eat a vegan sausage roll your dick will fly inside out and kill you, so maybe the whole thing is deliberate.

ah so that's why they felt the tavistock was no longer necessary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Lord Ludikrous posted:

If anyone wants something to take their minds off the absolute poo poo show going on at the moment, Garth Marenghi’s Terrortome is very good and worth your time if you like that Darkplace style humour.

Ah what??? I hadn't heard of this, this is fantastic news

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Guavanaut posted:

I like it when shops move into new markets without looking up what words mean

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

nonce-in-blockchain like king-in-council

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
how does that kill you? Does your dick stab up inside like a knife?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

quote:

2 dashes Angostura bitters

What is this in millilitres please, I call on the thread for help because the Internet is loving useless

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

HopperUK posted:

how does that kill you? Does your dick stab up inside like a knife?

if the penis becomes too small then your sex power runs out and you just immediately die. It's like running out of hit points.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

OwlFancier posted:

if the penis becomes too small then your sex power runs out and you just immediately die. It's like running out of hit points.

Being AMAB sounds very difficult!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That or frogs come out of nowhere to eat you

Either way it's clear that this is what the woke want.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also that is why you must not jack off because that uses up your sex power and if you keep all your sex power you can go super saiyan and the elites don't want you to know this.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Also that is why you must not jack off because that uses up your sex power and if you keep all your sex power you can go super saiyan and the elites don't want you to know this.

Reminds me of Journey to the West, where the monk Xuanzang is perfectly pure (and irresistible to female demons) because he hasn't jacked off for ten lifetimes.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Extremely Monty Python Holy Grail vibes

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Although if predatory frogs are the problem then female hormones seem to do a better job than male genitalia, so maybe the true pro strat that the elites don't want you to know is to have both.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

A while back I asked this thread for help finding awful op-ed pieces defending Ebenezer Scrooge for a project I was working on. That project is now complete! Please watch and enjoy my new video "Scrooge was the GOOD guy!", which goes into the many flaws of these readings and general worldview. Thanks to everyone who provided articles for me to read!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Calico Heart posted:

A while back I asked this thread for help finding awful op-ed pieces defending Ebenezer Scrooge for a project I was working on. That project is now complete! Please watch and enjoy my new video "Scrooge was the GOOD guy!", which goes into the many flaws of these readings and general worldview. Thanks to everyone who provided articles for me to read!

I appear to already be subscirbed to you and was planning on giving that a watch at some point over xmas, cheers.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Microplastics posted:

What is this in millilitres please, I call on the thread for help because the Internet is loving useless

Well it so happens I have a little set of spoons labelled 'pinch' 'smidgen' & 'dash' (sounds like santa's reindeer). So I took the spoon labelled 'dash' and spooned water into a little jug with ml up the side and it looks like 7 dashes = 5ml so 2 dashes would be 1.43ml
You might need a fine syringe for whatever it is you are doing!

Also, I googled how big is a dash of something and this came up first:

But generally, most sources today suggest that a dash is a scant ⅛ of a teaspoon, a pinch is about 1/16; of a teaspoon, and a smidgen is 1/32; of a teaspoon. A dollop usually refers to a small portion — about a tablespoon — of soft food, such as sour or whipped cream.

Also, 1 Imperial teaspoon (UK) = 5.91319 ml so that would give 1.48ml for 2 dashes.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Dec 23, 2022

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Super indeed if it's still piss at -54C

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Well it so happens I have a little set of spoons labelled 'pinch' 'smidgen' & 'dash' (sounds like santa's reindeer). So I took the spoon labelled 'dash' and spooned water into a little jug with ml up the side and it looks like 7 dashes = 5ml so 2 dashes would be 1.43ml
You might need a fine syringe for whatever it is you are doing!

Also, I googled how big is a dash of something and this came up first:

But generally, most sources today suggest that a dash is a scant ⅛ of a teaspoon, a pinch is about 1/16; of a teaspoon, and a smidgen is 1/32; of a teaspoon. A dollop usually refers to a small portion — about a tablespoon — of soft food, such as sour or whipped cream.

Also, 1 Imperial teaspoon (UK) = 5.91319 ml so that would give 1.48ml for 2 dashes.

Outstanding, thank you kindly

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Idle observation: Tesla's down 69% YTD.

Google "NASDAQ:TSLA" for more details.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Calico Heart posted:

I have now watched it and it is very good! Congrats on the star studded voice cast also.

I don't know how you managed to avoid the psychic damage from reading those articles because jesus wept.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I hope it goes to 0 honestly

franco
Jan 3, 2003

Darth Walrus posted:

Reminds me of Journey to the West, where the monk Xuanzang oval office Big Taff Man is perfectly pure (and irresistible to female demons) because he hasn't jacked off for ten lifetimes.

Microplastics posted:

Outstanding, thank you kindly

Wait...that was a genuine question? Or am I in some kind of :thejoke: trap?

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Calico Heart posted:

I did watch and I did very much enjoy - thank you.

It's always amazing when people (well, oped writers...) complain about adaptations of A Christmas Carol 'being all political'. Even at its most basic the story is making a broadly political point, and even the weaker adaptations can't help but being a pretty blunt hammer of a message. And most of the adaptations pull their punches a bit compared to the book (how many - or how few - include Ignorance and Want, the children of mankind, hiding under the robes of Christmas Present, for instance?)

A couple of Christmases ago I jested on these forums about how there must be some conservative shitheads who think that Henry Potter is the real hard-done, unheralded hero of It's A Wonderful Life...and then I went searching and of course there are columnists saying exactly that, despite every surface, textual and meta reading of that story making it clear that he's the bad guy. If a character played by Jimmy Stewart gives not one but two speeches explicitly calling you a bitter, money-grubbing exploiter of mankind, you are the baddy.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Don't forget one of the "proofs" that Jezza is anti-semitic was when (during one of those pre-GE2019 tv interview) he said he would give Johnson a copy of A Christmas Carol as a present.

I saw this (posted on FB by a very religious - yes really - friend of mine) and thought of this thread

Merry crimble to those who do.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
PSA: Bonus Xmas b00lskhg start[ed] tonight, get 'em off iplayer so you can FFWD past those bits, you know the ones.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

OwlFancier posted:

I have now watched it and it is very good! Congrats on the star studded voice cast also.

I don't know how you managed to avoid the psychic damage from reading those articles because jesus wept.

The Tyee one is by far the worst. That one felt like I was actually reading Scrooges' words directly. Thanks for the kind words! Any likes/comments/subs/etc feed the algorithm god and would be greatly appreciated.

BalloonFish posted:

A couple of Christmases ago I jested on these forums about how there must be some conservative shitheads who think that Henry Potter is the real hard-done, unheralded hero of It's A Wonderful Life...and then I went searching and of course there are columnists saying exactly that, despite every surface, textual and meta reading of that story making it clear that he's the bad guy. If a character played by Jimmy Stewart gives not one but two speeches explicitly calling you a bitter, money-grubbing exploiter of mankind, you are the baddy.

... loving god drat it. Thanks, now I know what the sequel vid next year has to be. Eugh...

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Dec 23, 2022

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Microplastics posted:

Genuinely curious why you'd ask for the conversion here, it's such a small amount and the bottles have a dasher on them already so it's not like you'd need to measure it out.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Perhaps the poster has a large vat of angosturra bitters and a ladle, and also has never experienced angosturra bitters before as they are for some reason still intending to consume it.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
It's probably something like that. Plenty of recipes (sic) should have a bit in them where one step should be "firmly grasp the bottle of _____ and hoik it into the bin".

Of course, proportions do matter. I'll share some deep wisdom here: the secret to a great prawn mayonnaise mix is just the right amount of paprika.

And with that I have to announce, ladies and gentlemen, that I have over-paprika'd my prawn mayonnaise mix. Grrrr.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Me after drinking a ladle of angostura bitters

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Call it hungarian and claim it was intentional.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/RossJames1869/status/1606369874451759130

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Only Kindness posted:

Of course, proportions do matter.

I couldn't disagree more

unless you're making something that requires a specific chemical reaction to take place, proportions can be hosed with as much as you like

the fact that celebrity chef and/or tiktok influencer Cook Chefferson likes their pasta sauce with precisely one and a half cloves of garlic doesn't mean I automatically have to use the same amount, regardless of how little or how much I actually like garlic

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Calico Heart posted:

... loving god drat it. Thanks, now I know what the sequel vid next year has to be. Eugh...

I haven't watched It's A Wonderful Life yet this year, but that prompted me to look up George Bailey's first speech to Potter. drat, it hits especially hard at the moment :(

It's A Wonderful Life posted:

HP: What does that get us? A discontented, lazy rabble instead of a thrifty working class. And all because a few starry-eyed dreamers like Peter Bailey stir them up and fill their heads with a lot of impossible ideas. Now, I say...

GB: Just a minute... just a minute. Now, hold on, Mr. Potter. You're right when you say my father was no businessman. I know that. Why he ever started this cheap, penny-ante Building & Loan, I'll never know. But neither you nor anybody else can say anything against his character because his whole life was...Why, in the twenty-five years since he and Uncle Billy started this thing, he never once thought of himself. He didn't save enough money to send Harry to school, let alone me. But he did help a few people get out of your slums, Mr. Potter.

And what's wrong with that? Why, you're all businessmen here. Doesn't it make them better citizens? Doesn't it make them better customers? You...you said...what did you say just a minute ago? They had to wait and save their money before they even ought to think of a decent home? Wait! Wait for what? Until their children grow up and leave them? Until they're so old and broken down that they... do you know how long it takes a working man to save five thousand dollars?

Just remember this, Mr. Potter, that this rabble you're talking about - they do most of the working and paying and living and dying in this community. Well, is it too much to have them work and pay and live and die in a couple of decent rooms and a bath? Anyway, my father didn't think so. People were human beings to him, but to you, a warped, frustrated old man, they're cattle. Well, in my book he died a much richer man than you'll ever be!

HP: I'm not interested in your book. I'm talking about the Building & Loan.

GB: I know very well what you're talking about. You're talking about something you can't get your fingers on, and it's galling you. That's what you're talking about. Well, I've said too much. You're the board here, you do what you want with this thing. Just one thing more, though: This town needs this measly one-horse institution if only to have some place where people can come without crawling to Potter.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Microplastics posted:

Just do two dashes. If you're hesitant about the measure, it means you didn't dash enough in.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

quote:

do you know how long it takes a working man to save five thousand dollars?

Nothing's changed since 1946.

Julio Cruz posted:

unless you're making something that requires a specific chemical reaction to take place, proportions can be hosed with as much as you like

That was literally the point of my anecdote. I put too much for me in, and ruined it. Not chemically of course, but preferentially.

What did he mean by this? :thunk: :thunkher:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Only Kindness posted:

It's probably something like that. Plenty of recipes (sic) should have a bit in them where one step should be "firmly grasp the bottle of _____ and hoik it into the bin".

Of course, proportions do matter. I'll share some deep wisdom here: the secret to a great prawn mayonnaise mix is just the right amount of paprika.

And with that I have to announce, ladies and gentlemen, that I have over-paprika'd my prawn mayonnaise mix. Grrrr.

For my GCSE Home Economics practical i made Paprika Pork.... all she said once she tasted it was: "you put some paprika in that, didn't you", taste differs. :rolleyes:

edit: it wasn't a question.

franco
Jan 3, 2003

I did a cartoon double-take, thinking you'd been hit by auto-correct, until you got to the film in question. Our dear Joanne does love herself some thinly-veiled plagiarism though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Microplastics posted:

I hate that folksy poo poo especially when they use it for shops and things

Maccy d's :barf:

Coinkydink makes me want to break stuff.