Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
Als why is german food even mentioned, much less rated so high?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Nosfereefer posted:

poo poo dude I don't know why people would think beer and sausage for every meal has appeal

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Nosfereefer posted:

currywurst mit pomme from a decent imbiss is fuckin' incredible

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i certainly wouldn't want to eat german for every meal but there's nothing wrong with a bunch of fried food and sausage and potatoes.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

yeah but they eat cold cuts and stale bread for every meal in germany?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Minecraft Holmes posted:

white women gently caress guns

Now I want to read news stories about accidentally discharged firearms that were being used as dildos. I'm sure it happens occasionally.

Food chat: Döner is German and good, butter chicken is English and good. India and Pakistan being separated is super weird though.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

BonHair posted:

Now I want to read news stories about accidentally discharged firearms that were being used as dildos. I'm sure it happens occasionally.

Food chat: Döner is German and good, butter chicken is English and good. India and Pakistan being separated is super weird though.

Blame the British

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Minecraft Holmes posted:

white women gently caress guns

imagine if they did an ad campaign for comparing dogs to guns

white liberal women would eat it up

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Nosfereefer posted:

Schnitzel

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Gal Gadot showing off wonder woman's bulldozer and how its invisible to international journalists

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Blame the British

Always good advice

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

fuckin' lol

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Fungible Khan

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Mr. Satan finally gets his day in court

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Koishi Komeiji posted:

lmao

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Koishi Komeiji posted:

lol he's more like a pakistani vegeta, I think

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
pissing off the court artist so much they give me a pubestache.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

is it ranking the cuisine created by the culture of that country or the cuisine available in that country

because I would argue that a major American city has overall some of the best food available, but a large portion of that isn't "American cuisine"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Clark Nova posted:

lol he's more like a pakistani vegeta, I think

bitcoin is under nine thousand!!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

If the southern BBQ place (run by an actual American) I went to in Oslo is any indication of the quality of similar foods in actual America you people really know how to make good food.

I bet its at least ten times cheaper in the states though.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

FreudianSlippers posted:

If the southern BBQ place (run by an actual American) I went to in Oslo is any indication of the quality of similar foods in actual America you people really know how to make good food.

There's that video of North Koreans trying American BBQ for the first time and being like, "oh, this is why they're all fat"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

FreudianSlippers posted:

can you link or name the restaurant? i'm always fascinated by bbq from places outside the us

edit was it Way Down South?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

He looks like he's about to grant 3 wishes.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

i say swears online posted:

can you link or name the restaurant? i'm always fascinated by bbq from places outside the us

yeah I'd be interested in knowing what style it was. we got several.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
me reading cspam:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/matt__dunnels/status/1598744416310759424?s=20&t=5cvEoRPSLLDxOaLc22gP_w

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'd rather eat at a taco place in manchester uk

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
me britishly: tákəw

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

All the best BBQ is served in what basically amounts to a disgusting pile, slopped into a basket with a thin paper liner by a man who is easily 300 pounds overweight, and that's how you know it's good. :colbert:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

It was.

Cost a hand and a leg bit was worth it. Probably one of those things where an ethnic restaurant is generally better if it's run by people actually familiar with the cuisine.

The owner, in true American fashion, talked our ear off about how he'd been to Reykjavík and all the places he ate at there. Amazingly friendly guy.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

FreudianSlippers posted:

It was.

Cost a hand and a leg bit was worth it. Probably one of those things where an ethnic restaurant is generally better if it's run by people actually familiar with the cuisine.

The owner, in true American fashion, talked our ear off about how he'd been to Reykjavík and all the places he ate at there. Amazingly friendly guy.

i see the meat menu, are the prices per kg? if so, it's a pretty good deal. bbq (texas brisket especially) is on fire right now in the states and can go for $80/kg at the higher-end places. even the cheap places are $50/kg

also the focus on pork and mustard sauces peg the owner as being from the middle of south carolina, a very niche but popular variety of bbq

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

i see the meat menu, are the prices per kg? if so, it's a pretty good deal. bbq (texas brisket especially) is on fire right now in the states and can go for $80/kg at the higher-end places. even the cheap places are $50/kg

also the focus on pork and mustard sauces peg the owner as being from the middle of south carolina, a very niche but popular variety of bbq

Carolina style BBQ, so niche and regional I can get it at every bbq place in colorado

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Riatsala posted:

Carolina style BBQ, so niche and regional I can get it at every bbq place in colorado

it's geographically niche, as opposed to kansas city style which is basically half the country. grats on having regional food in a state nobody was born in but moved to in 2017

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Iran being that low (you'd rather eat German/Croatian/Hungarian/Romanian food than Persian food?? Gimme a break) is a crime but the USA being that high is ridiculous. The gently caress is American cuisine, tater tots and overdone steak??

i had a glass of doogh for the first time last week. interesting. good.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

Pulled pork????? That sort of rare delicacy is rarely seen outside of the remote enclaves of Greensboro south carolina. none but the monks of that region hold the secret of adding mustard to bbq sauce.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Riatsala posted:

Pulled pork????? That sort of rare delicacy is rarely seen outside of the remote enclaves of Greensboro south carolina. none but the monks of that region hold the secret of adding mustard to bbq sauce.

pulled pork in mustard sauce being the focal point of the menu is definitely specifying something. in texas tons of places won't even have pork on the menu unless it's sausage, except if you're near the AR/LA border, and nobody has mustard sauce

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Nosfereefer posted:

Hungarian food IS 0.01 superior to romanian

now i'm craving the hungarian stuffed cabbage from a deli 2000 miles away from me. gdi

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

there's actually only two regional BBQ dialects: good, and steamed pork shoulder at a place decorated like a hobby lobby and located next to a smoothie place

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

I truly love Famous Daves but I've also never been to a nice bbq place. Famous Daves just activates a part of my psyche that loves eating too much meat with lots of tasty bbq sauce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

pulled pork in mustard sauce being the focal point of the menu is definitely specifying something. in texas tons of places won't even have pork on the menu unless it's sausage, except if you're near the AR/LA border, and nobody has mustard sauce

I'll grant you that it's almost never the focus outside of the south, which used to be a hard line imo. I just see it hopping on the menu at so many regionally agnostic bbq joints nowadays that it feels really commonplace across the US (outside of Kansas and Texas, where it doesn't exist at all).

Anyway I feel myself becoming tiresome. Merry Christmas.