Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011
Ugh lol I had to pass some homeless people on the street today and they were cold. Get a loving grip losers. Ukraine is in danger and you are worried about this stupid poo poo. Do they not have heated floors? Lol, my wife and I upgraded a few months ago when I put in my Marvel mancave and it was well worth the extra 20k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
grinning at my zelensky funkopop

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

iCe-CuBe. posted:

Ugh lol I had to pass some homeless people on the street today and they were cold. Get a loving grip losers. Ukraine is in danger and you are worried about this stupid poo poo. Do they not have heated floors? Lol, my wife and I upgraded a few months ago when I put in my Marvel mancave and it was well worth the extra 20k

I like how they painted the ground spikes the city council installed under the overpass to deter... 'the camps'... a nice, supportive blue-and-yellow, y'know? How do you like your Ukraine t-shirt? I saw the ad on facebook, and I knew I just had to get all my christmas shopping done there.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Ardennes posted:

Looking at the state of European militaries, it isn't going to be a much of a Cold War. Their budgets can't sustain it and there will eventually be a push to actually address the economic issues they are facing. I agree the US is getting one over the Europeans now as they took the brunt of the hit, but the question is if they don't start looking for the soonest offramp possible when there is finally a true lull in the fighting.

Also, if the war starts turning in Russia's favor then the Europeans only have a more incentive to just make a deal.

i actually don’t see how America/west can win the “meta war”. what would be needed? I guess Russia just fleeing Ukraine, returning crimea, and doing a large scale privatization as penance?

otherwise any situation where the world becomes multipolar will be a net positive for the countries on the outside and a net loss for the west- primarily America but the other STier slavers as well. the scale of extortion is too high to think Russia could somehow lose more by fighting a slow paced war than is extorted by having to exist within an American global economy.

absolutely China is the biggest winner. but I don’t think russia would care as long as China didn’t have the same policy towards them as America does. russias opportunity to be the largest economy in the world is long gone.

this isn’t really related to the war I guess, but whatever

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I didn't realize heated floors were a thing until that post. Seems like a fire hazard.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Electricity outages are causing chaos at the Ukrainian-Polish border. I feel like people may have underestimated the difficulty of fighting a war with an exploded energy grid

Рыбарь posted:

🇵🇱🇺🇦🚛 About the blocking of the crossing on the Polish-Ukrainian border

Polish carriers announced another blockade of the border crossing in Dorohusk. It is possible that farmers will join them.

The reason for the protest lies in the actions of the Ukrainian side. Drivers said they were tired of the difficulties at the border: due to power outages, the electronic queue system is malfunctioning, and since December 21 it has not worked at all. The Ukrainians turned it off, announcing a restart only on December 24th.

By that time, almost no trucks will be able to return to Poland. In their opinion, it is now impossible to leave Ukraine, and the electronic queue actually does not help the situation: it is used mainly to let trucks with special cargo pass.

Last Sunday, Deputy Minister of Transport of Ukraine Mustafa Nayem visited the border with Poland. True, he did not come to fix the problems, but once again to blame the Poles for what was happening. They say that they are delaying the checks: the services are slowly carrying out phytosanitary and veterinary control. Drivers believe that the Ukrainian authorities are only interested in exporting their grain and importing fuel to Nezalezhnaya.

According to truckers, only 100 vehicles return from Ukraine per day, and there should be at least 600. For example, the terminal in Zosyn is open for empty trucks returning from Ukraine. But only three cars pass there in an hour, although the registration of empty cars takes about five minutes.

Difficult conditions, including the lack of amenities and even toilets, are also a problem. Drivers are fed up with this and are threatening to quit their jobs, adding to the headache for Polish transport companies.

They also fear that the Ukrainians will capture their part of the market. Ukrainian drivers enter Poland with grain, which they unload at the border, then carry other cargo to the west, and from there to Ukraine. At the same time, they do not require permits, and their fuel is cheaper.

In this regard, several transport firms in Poland intend to open companies in Ukraine and enjoy the benefits provided by the European Commission.

🚜 Farmers on agricultural machinery are also planning to join the blockade of the crossing in Doroguska. They seem to be serious about participating, as they recently organized a protest against the uncontrolled import of grain and poultry from Ukraine, which they are going to announce this time.

By the way, this is not the first time truckers have set up a blockade. In September of this year, Polish drivers were already blocking the entrance to the border crossing in Dorohusk. At that time, they demanded better clearance and the restoration of the obligation to obtain transportation permits by Ukrainian carriers.

After several days of protests, the parties agreed on some solutions, but progress is likely to have ended at this stage. The efficiency of the terminal has not changed and the authorities will soon receive a new wave of blocking.
@rybar совместно с @pl_syrenka

*Поддержать нас: 5536 9141 9147 4885
(from t.me/rybar/42238, via tgsa)

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Dixon Chisholm posted:

dark type stays winning

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

I didn't realize heated floors were a thing until that post. Seems like a fire hazard.

old school heated floors are absurdly inefficient metal resistors under the floorboards. they're so heavy they cost a lot to remove.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

yeah the electricity grid attacks make a lot of sense in a very grim sort of way. if the objective has now shifted to breaking the ukrainian state and thereby its ability to field an army, hitting the grid is a good way to do it.

it's awful for basically everyone in ukraine, of course - and as the financial burden grows heavier to bear, institutions like the IMF will place ever more onerous demands on the ukrainians to keep funding them, making everything worse for everyone

war is just so goddamned *grim*

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

iCe-CuBe. posted:

some people don’t even have an electricity grid thanks to russia and y’all made me pause my podcasts with this baby poo poo?? 🙄

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

they’re usually hot water with radiant heating I think

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dixon Chisholm posted:

dark type stays winning

blackout don’t crackout

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Ytlaya posted:

floor heating is usually used when using a heat pump to heat your room, because a low power single stage heat pump (the most efficient and cheapest kind) won't heat water enough to work with classic radiators, which need like 40C water to induce enough convection and circle the air in your room properly

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

just set yourself on fire if you’re cold

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

sum posted:

The deputy head of the Office of the President gave an interview about the Ukrainian economy and their plans to liberalize it that's worth reading. Notably, industrial production absolutely cratered in Q4 due to energy disruptions.
https://www.rbc.ua/rus/news/rostislav-shurma-splata-podatkiv-mae-stati-1671736296.html?utm_source=telegram&utm_medium=post

At the same time, Zelensky's pushing massive tax cuts, claiming that they're necessary to make Ukraine "competitive" in Europe and that businesses will be less likely to cheat on taxes if the tax rate was lower. Yes, really.

Ukraine could get away with practically no domestic taxes at all with the USA et al fully bankrolling their economy.

Perhaps we could say that in a way Ukraine just taxes the USA.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

DancingShade posted:

Ukraine could get away with practically no domestic taxes at all with the USA et al fully bankrolling their economy.

Perhaps we could say that in a way Ukraine just taxes the USA.

Unfortunately, Western aid only covered half of Ukrainian expenses even before the grid was hit (which I do think is in fact causing devaluation). Basically, I think the war is going to be primarily funded by printing and using up the remaining assets of the Ukrainian population/state then the country he will dumped on to the side of the road.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Vomik posted:

i actually don’t see how America/west can win the “meta war”. what would be needed? I guess Russia just fleeing Ukraine, returning crimea, and doing a large scale privatization as penance?

otherwise any situation where the world becomes multipolar will be a net positive for the countries on the outside and a net loss for the west- primarily America but the other STier slavers as well. the scale of extortion is too high to think Russia could somehow lose more by fighting a slow paced war than is extorted by having to exist within an American global economy.

absolutely China is the biggest winner. but I don’t think russia would care as long as China didn’t have the same policy towards them as America does. russias opportunity to be the largest economy in the world is long gone.

this isn’t really related to the war I guess, but whatever

The best wars are neither won nor lost, they need merely go on forever.

The purpose isn't to win anything just funnel money to MIC interests and pork barrel away.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
russia already did large scale privatization as a penance for the cold war, what would they do, shock therapy 2: shock harder?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

OctaMurk posted:

russia already did large scale privatization as a penance for the cold war, what would they do, shock therapy 2: shock harder?

to get out from sanctions they would've had to re-impose basically a permanent yeltsin regime, probably under navalny - though he might be too personally formidable to tolerate

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

It's come up ITT that the Ukrainian border was extremely porous before 2014. In Western Canada in the mid 1800s, half of Canadians were American born and a quarter of Canadian born men emigrated to America. To make the 48th a "hard border", there was a massive effort to create this artificial linguistic and "racial" distinction with the US. It's a big reason for why the RCMP became a national symbol of Canada. Their first expeditions were to chase out Americans who were living in the western territories and to create a border to keep them out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r00yaFwZ5bc

Obviously, it's way more intense with Ukraine, but you can see how these things happen.

why its almost as if borders are an abstract concept that are used to maintain power relations between sovereign states and dont actually have anything with local culture or the people who live near them

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ardennes posted:

Unfortunately, Western aid only covered half of Ukrainian expenses even before the grid was hit (which I do think is in fact causing devaluation). Basically, I think the war is going to be primarily funded by printing and using up the remaining assets of the Ukrainian population/state then the country he will dumped on to the side of the road.

We'll see, because uh again

https://news.yahoo.com/ukraine-commits-tighten-fiscal-policy-160932728.html

quote:

The IMF has also set an indicative target for the National Bank of Ukraine to buy zero government debt in the first quarter of 2023, though “in the case of a temporary shortfall in external financing,” the central bank would be allowed to print up to 50 billion hryvnia (more than $1.3 billion) for the period.

If Ukraine did any clever accounting, and suddenly they're a few billion short, it's going to be a big whoops there.

Also this IMF agreement doesn't even give them the money upfront. So Ukraine has to slash and burn everything it can, and they're already doing that, and then hope that all the western handouts are enough to survive on.

Edit: There's also the question of the NBU letting the Hryvnia float, because I think they might still have a fixed exchange rate? Which is also going to cause problems with their budget plans.

Lostconfused has issued a correction as of 02:40 on Dec 24, 2022

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Lostconfused posted:

If Ukraine did any clever accounting, and suddenly they're a few billion short, it's going to be a big whoops there.

Also this IMF agreement doesn't even give them the money upfront. So Ukraine has to slash and burn everything it can, and they're already doing that, and then hope that all the western handouts are enough to survive on.

Edit: There's also the question of the NBU letting the Hryvnia float, because I think they might still have a fixed exchange rate? Which is also going to cause problems with their budget plans.

Admittedly, like a lot of fixed currencies I am sure there is already a black market out there, it is just not publicized for very clear reasons. If they floated their currency it would just essentially making that rate public which I doubt they would encourage.

Otherwise, if the IMF is putting a straight jacket on printing, they are talking about lowering taxes, and industrial production is getting completely slammed I don’t know where they are going to go as they can only fire sale so much. I guess at best you could sell off the remaining farmland still owned by the state because Ukraine I don’t think that many intact Crown Jewels left.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lostconfused posted:

If Ukraine did any clever accounting,

I think its safe to assume that clever accounting is well a truly a feature of the Ukraine economic landscape, both historically and currently.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Ukraine can secretly sell some US weapons to the middle eastern market. That will buy them a couple months.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Tina Belcher's plan for peace: butt-touching around the world.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

Seems like the plan is to make enormous cuts to the public sector, cancel some tax holidays for small businesses, step up tax law enforcement and freeze social payments (even as the official inflation rate is 30%).

MediaKiller posted:

The Ministry of Finance has published a memorandum signed by Ukraine with the IMF for the next year.

For the IMF, the minimum budget deficit of Ukraine is still important (read - guarantees that the country will be able to pay the loan), therefore, as in previous years, the memorandum contains "unpopular" decisions that will not please either business representatives or ordinary citizens. Namely:
▪️In the near future, three bills on taxes should be submitted to the Rada (structural beacon at the end of January 2023) - on the abolition of the moratorium on additional inspections from July 1 next year, on the abolition of the simplified taxation system from July 1 (2% of turnover) and to ensure the effective and meaningful use of cash registers in retail establishments;
▪️Strengthening tax administration. We are talking, in particular, about the fight against personal income tax evasion through the use of a simplified taxation regime by payers of the third group;
▪️Public sector labor costs will be cut by 27% next year. Savings will be due to both a reduction in wages for "certain categories" and a decrease in the total number of state employees;
▪️In 2023, there will be no increase in social payments (apparently, the state budget for 2023 was adopted with this in mind). The only exception will be pensions that are indexed in March next year;
▪️Ukraine has committed itself to abandon emission financing of the budget deficit. It turns out that the National Bank should not turn on the printing press by buying government bonds of an internal loan, and the budget deficit should be covered by the domestic market (that is, the sale of government bonds not by the NBU, but to banks and private investors, which they are not interested in today);
▪️all reforms in the segments of state-owned enterprises and the heat and power complex have been postponed for "peacetime";
▪️by the end of January 2023, a new Supervisory Board at Naftogaz should be appointed in Ukraine. It also speaks of the possibility of corporatization of Energoatom.

It is noteworthy that earlier Ukraine assumed obligations after it received the next tranche from the IMF, but now it is the fulfillment of the structural beacons of the Memorandum that is a condition for resuming the financing program.
(from t.me/MediaKiller2021/5840, via tgsa)

They're doing this for enough aid to pay out the budget for 6 months (assuming the budget deficit doesn't get worse).

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/JeremyAppel1025/status/1605664917780328448

https://twitter.com/JeremyAppel1025/status/1605668812849922048

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

OctaMurk posted:

jokes on them, russia already mastered lighting reversal from that earlier boss fight

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lol, the author of that piece has nazi parents.

https://twitter.com/muenzenberg_w/status/1284897066452475904

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

FF is constructing a black powder artillery piece with six barrels as we speak

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

A state that can’t levy taxes or provide its own defence isn’t sovereign anyways, but this got me thinking.

Alright, so first and foremost blood and soil nationalism is useful because it creates an worldview where losing sovereignty in any meaningful sense to America is acceptable as part of a greater racial/civilizational war against an other. Nothing can be more important than that, because the stakes aren’t loss of territory, national integrity or sovereignty, but racial pollution, genocide, whatever. The genocide talk from Ukraine started on day one, minute one and I don’t think that’s a coincidence.

Part, much discussed ITT is the National Mythology of aggrieved bumpkins, the famine stuff, but I think it has other purposes. Galicians were claiming that they would be exterminated by Jews in 1891, which I just learned from reading The Plunder. This means it predates the Holocaust and famine significantly. Similarly they claimed the Poles were going to eliminate them during the Polish Revolt when they sided with A-H and brutally massacred the Polish gentry of Galicia in 1846 (and many Jews). I’m not sure what to make of this.

For example, in 1891 they claimed the Jews were destroying the Galician people by being too Capitalist, contrasting it with the natural collectivist nature of the Galician peasants, in 1941 they claimed the Communist Jews were destroying them through collectivized agriculture. I have never, ever, seen that mentioned side by side before. How they imagine their national character, ancestral way of life, swung on a loving dime.

I wanted to put this to a test, so I went to the Holocaust section of the Axis History Forums, and lo and behold “the Jews had it coming because they were Communists” and “the Jews had it coming because they were greedy landlords, bankers and shopkeepers” exist side by side, often by the same posters at the same time. The only disagreement seems to be when Poles and Ukrainians argue in threads about who was the greater victim and who sided with The Enemy to oppress them. Poles say Ukrainians were Communists who sided with the Jews, often Jewish-Ukrainian commissars, the Ukrainians say the Poles were greedy landlords alongside the Jews exploiting the Ukrainians. This doesn’t happen too much as they seem to not bring each other too much and focus on the Jews or stick to their own threads about national victimhood.

All of that to say, if they have constructed a contemporary narrative of Asiatic/Jewish Russians seeking to extinguish the White ”Western” European Ukrainians, White “Western” Americans are on their side and so no sovereignty is lost. How often do Ukrainian statements refer not to the state of Ukraine, but The West? The Civilized World? Pretty often. Within this framing Ukraine already disappears into a larger whole.

You could go further and say the acceptance/subsumption of Ukraine into this whole is desirable. Ukraine becoming absorbed by The West, Europe, EU, NATO is a goal in and of itself and so it might not even be seen as “sacrificing” the nation. This brings me to another historical connection.

Remember the first Galician/Ukrainian identity was as Imperial. That’s how they defined themselves against Poles and Jews for nearly all of the 1800’s. As Imperial subjects they have no sovereignty as a state. Rather, their nation is the bulwark of an Empire, a source of racial pride and patron of vengeance against their enemies closer at hand. They have simply exchanged one patron for another.

Austria had a long history of doing this in border or restive regions. Examples would be the Pandours (Croats), Grenzers (Serbs) and Bosniaken (Bosnians). Each provided military service to Austria, loyal in battles and wars after German and Hungarian troops had given in, but domestically their loyal service gave them the license and military means to drive away their neighbours. Not only did they ethnically cleanse the countryside of their regions, they downright revelled in Imperial prestige and patronage. It became a big part of the construction of their national identities, and loyal service became intertwined with eliminating the disloyal and dangerous Enemy that threatened the Empire.

This heated up with pan-Slavism and I can very easily see how they began to see themselves as not-Slavs, more similar to the Germans/Europeans/West. Only in this case Serbia and the Russian Empire have been replaced by the Russian Empire. Seeing national identity as consisting of westward longing and eastward violence, which depends on the western patron, make sense as a virulent Ethno Nationalism that doesn’t require national sovereignty or even independence.

That actually is probably worth looking into, because I see a through-line from Vienna, to Berlin to Washington.

I don’t think I’ve seen much at all about post-2014 being independent, charting an independent outlook or policy, but a lot about part of the West, EU, NATO. If there’s something to that mirroring the earlier Imperial identity, then it all makes sense to me. Galicia/Ukraine is finally accepted as a member of the Empire and gets to use the Imperial arsenal to punish all of their ethnic enemies. Big Israel.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Once again, I submit that Canada's flag needs a slight modification.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

lol these motherfuckers.

I don’t think Americans really grasp how much we, as Canadians, enabled, facilitated, promoted this.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Organ Fiend posted:

Once again, I submit that Canada's flag needs a slight modification.

dont imly the entire nation is full of nazis op 🙄

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

sum posted:

Seems like the plan is to make enormous cuts to the public sector, cancel some tax holidays for small businesses, step up tax law enforcement and freeze social payments (even as the official inflation rate is 30%).

(from t.me/MediaKiller2021/5840, via tgsa)

They're doing this for enough aid to pay out the budget for 6 months (assuming the budget deficit doesn't get worse).

Yeah they were already planning to do a 25% even before the Russians started destroying infrastructure.

quote:

https://twitter.com/ackerm_ann/status/1570319702601105408

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1570121450324893698

quote:

According to the bill, Ukraine plans to spend $61.4 billion in 2023. Government revenue for the next year is estimated to reach just $31 billion. Given that Ukraine will also have to cover the government’s debt, the budget deficit may amount to around $38 billion, said Shmyhal.

To cover the hole in its coffers, Ukraine’s Cabinet of Ministers plans to borrow money from the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the European Union, and the United States.

Ukraine is currently negotiating terms with its partners. Each month, starting in 2023, it aims to receive $1 billion from the European Union and $1.5 billion from the U.S.

The country also hopes to agree on $12 billion in financial aid with the IMF. According to Shmyhal, the IMF already agreed to allocate $1.4 billion to Ukraine during an informal meeting between Ukrainian officials and Kristalina Georgieva, the IMF’s managing director.

Ukraine would like to secure $42 billion in foreign financial aid in 2023, which would “completely cover the deficit” and help form “an additional security cushion.”

To be able to allocate more money to Ukraine’s military, the bill suggests cutting expenditures on state apparatuses by 25%, including officials' salaries. “The army will be fully funded, as it was this year, without delay,” said Shmyhal.

It's supposedly even worse than it sounds because the budget is based on pre-war GDP or something and expects an increase of 3.6% in 2023 or something. Anyway, basically the budget is whatever the west will give them.

They're basically looking back to this summer and saying "yeah that's good enough".

So all I can say is uh, good luck with that.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I read Coming Home to the Third Reich: Return Migration of German Nationals from the United States and Canada, 1933–1941
today. Would it shock you to know that despite fears that led to the internment of German-Canadians, the destruction of the vibrant German history and culture of Canada (about a third of the Loyalists, still estimated to be third most common ethnic background in Canada), the renaming of places, streets, people, and the elimination of parts of the everyday vocabulary, German Canadians sent less money back, emigrated back to the Fatherland less, volunteered for the Wehrmacht less, lobbied less, and were otherwise less of a fifth column / had dual loyalty than Ukrainian Canadians are openly, today?

Because I was loving shocked.
https://mcfarlandbooks.com/product/coming-home-to-the-third-reich/

During the 1930s, Germany’s industrialization, rearmament and economic plans taxed the existing manpower, forcing the country to explore new ways of acquiring Aryan-German labor. Eventually, the Third Reich implemented a return migration program which used various recruitment strategies to entice Germans from Canada and the United States to migrate home. It initially used the Atlantic Ocean to transport German-speakers, but after the outbreak of World War II, German civilians were brought from the Americas to East Asia and then to Germany via the Trans-Siberian Railway through the Soviet Union. Germany’s attack on the Soviet Union in June 1941 ended this overland route, but some Germans were moved on Nazi ships from East Asia to the Third Reich until the end of 1942. This book investigates why Germans who had already established themselves in overseas countries chose to migrate back to an oppressive and authoritarian country. It sheds light on some aspects of the Third Reich’s administration, goals and achievements associated with return migration while also telling the individual stories of returnees.

Also, just a bit of trivia, Mennonites were shockingly supportive of the Third Reich, and Mennonites globally were a big portion of returnees to Germany before and during the Second World War. Apparently much of this has to do with the Russian Revolution, but I would have never predicted that.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
It is also why I am skeptical they can't touch the printing presses since something has got to give. Mass austerity, industrial collapse, cutting taxes/revenue is going to only leave a larger and larger fiscal hole, and unless the West actually pony's up the dough in a big way (more than they have been that includes with the latest US bill) the numbers don't match up.

(Also just cutting their defense budget isn't going to happen.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I didn't realize this is the Luciuk that teaches at RMC, so I'm not going to say anything more about his wonderful column about a people crying out for recognition.