Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I beat Mephisto 5 times a day usually. He's the easiest.

FF team of Reed, Ben and Johnny was my first but now they are the slowest I got. I haven't tried Venom yet due to class weakness but he slices Gorr up so well I might swap him in for Johnny. With Knull lead.

Hela, Luna, White Fox
Echo, Makkari, Sersi
Star Lord, Iron Man and whoever needs 2nd Potential
Wave, Strange and Valkyrie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

bagrada posted:

Got Dormammu down with the Wave lead White Fox support Ms Marvel damage team. Took me 3-4 tries to get his final pattern down then I got him with a minute to spare, playing it incredibly safe around those rolling death balls. Used 6 boosts (200ish points) and got... 45 soul of the faltine and zero books. It did say you get better rewards grouped than solo.

Yeah it's about 3 x as much for grouping with people. I don't mind the challenge, but having to put up with 2 other people while going through the whole getting kicked routine is pretty lovely. I've been trying Dormamu since about the time they gave away the free t3 and I'm probably about 1750 soul of the faltine away from t4ing Thor. They need to release a new WBL that also drops it or something, because it's pretty dumb locking it behind group content where people get pickier with who they allow to play with them despite more powerful characters getting added with every update.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Thanks to the guildy who was throwing me GBR invites last week. I rejected the first few invites because I was at work, then my battery was dying, then I was clicking around the screen doing stuff and managed to reject it before I saw it pop up. I finally got in on a combat day and brought Thor because I wasn't sure what to do, and pretty much got carried. Cheers and thanks anyway. Hoping to get to where I have a competent team for each day soon.

I've now got him down on speed (Wave, Ms Marvel, White Fox) and universal (Thena lead/dps, Sersi, White Fox) days though I still find it easy to screw up and get hit by too many bowling balls in the final minutes. Had a painful one where the party leader picked 3 crappy speed characters then dropped or died immediately once in the match. I did 80% of the work on my underpowered* Thena, the Thor with me died in the middle of phase 2. Then I lost Thena with 4 bars to go. Managed to get him to 1.5 bars with Sersi and White Fox then ran out of time. Painful. The follow up I got a Thor and Hulk who stayed alive and did 25% each so that was the easiest fight I've had outside of him doing the field of death with safe zones twice in a row for some buggy reason, first time seeing that and Hulk almost bit it to the surprise.

For combat days I'm working on She-Hulk to lead for Hulk, I can still do decent damage with him though I guess I missed his golden days and a lot of tier lists are showing him in the dumpster. I have Venom at T3 so I can start working on him I guess. Carnage is still T2 60. I'm a few uniforms behind on both but black friday is coming up. Or maybe the upcoming Captain America uniform and level 80 will make him meta again.

Not sure who to work on for blast. I have Storm and Iron Man at 80 but don't know either well and they need CTPs. I've always been bad at Doctor Strange but I'll probably take another look at him. I don't have Wong or Ancient One at T3, that patch I gambled on Clea getting a uniform and lost. I'm kind of hoping they boost Cable, Jean Grey or someone I already have prepped.

I got better loot this time. Whenever I solo him I just get a scattering of faltine. Got 1 universal book when I got carried, and got one of each book today with 150ish boost points. Guess I'll get somewhere eventually if I keep jumping in when I get time. I assume it snowballs once you get a couple of T4s and he gets easier.

*I loaded a youtube of someone fighting him with Thena and he had 2x the physical and energy attack I did. I can only assume its on the cards/pierce. I prioritized just getting blue stars on everything no matter the stat so I have like 50% fire/poison/cold resist etc. Need to get more p-cards I guess to start fine tuning it.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
What's up with them releasing new Wakanda Forever costumes but like...it's Shuri in a tracksuit and Riri in her prototype. Why didn't they just release the actual BP and Ironheart suits? Doesn't that just mean they'll have to make whole different ones later anyway? Like literally who's looking at tracksuit Shuri going "Oh man I gotta spend currency on that"?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Avoiding movie spoilers until the movie is out. They will likely get synergy uniforms later.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Steve Vader posted:

Avoiding movie spoilers until the movie is out. They will likely get synergy uniforms later.

Agreed, though the timing is fairly weird. I wouldn't have made the connection that Cap and Punisher are both veterans if Cynicalex hadn't pointed it out.

Finally managing to get through DMM with Hulk. He doesn't do the most damage but I don't die randomly so it'll do. Also finally figured out how to beat Gorr so I'll have his character in a couple of weeks. Saving Gorr and Dormammu leveling for the next gold spend event.

Sort of looking forward to taking a couple of weeks off of the game after Christmas as it does sort of feel stale at the moment.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

bagrada posted:

Thanks to the guildy who was throwing me GBR invites last week.

Thanks to the free time afforded by a particularly nasty strain of covid that I caught, those invites will probably keep coming this week.

If you're picking a blast, definitely go for Iron Man. He needs either a rage or a 2x destruction but is the easiest and highest damaging T4. He'll clear every Dormammu day and every world boss easily, too.

Most importantly, AVOID STORM! She's an extremely slow glass cannon and super frustrating. I cannot stress how annoying she is. Also, Carnage is pvp, so feel free to ignore that. Venom is a fantastic choice, though. He's up there with Iron Man if he has a rage.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

bobmcdynamite posted:

Thanks to the free time afforded by a particularly nasty strain of covid that I caught, those invites will probably keep coming this week.

Oh man, feel better soon. My parents are just coming out of a bout, thankfully theirs was light, knock on wood.

Thanks for the tips. I threw a judgment on Storm because I had an extra, I'll have to watch for more rages for Venom and Iron Man. Next sale on unequips I'll go through my T3s and strip a couple who are no longer meta. I think I have a rage on Scarlet Witch and rage or energy on Jean Grey that aren't getting used right now.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Steve Vader posted:

I beat Mephisto 5 times a day usually. He's the easiest.

FF team of Reed, Ben and Johnny was my first but now they are the slowest I got. I haven't tried Venom yet due to class weakness but he slices Gorr up so well I might swap him in for Johnny. With Knull lead.

Hela, Luna, White Fox
Echo, Makkari, Sersi
Star Lord, Iron Man and whoever needs 2nd Potential
Wave, Strange and Valkyrie

I really don't get this, I get utterly squished in his second to last stage, either by the wiggle or just out right all 3 characters getting killed in a half second. I have a huge stable of t3 characters, and no matter who i use its always the same. The issue about "avoiding his root ability" is that he will sit on the things you need to run over to prevent his rage in that phase, so either i let him do his rage thing or i take it. Its really stupid.

I bet its because i don't have full pierce on all my cards, which will happen and the pathetic amounts of card upgrade thingies you get now, I got 3 the last rift I ran, 3!

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The only realistic way to get those card cubes now is by being involved in finishing rifts, you can get 2 boxes a day with 3 chances: opening your own rift, or joining up to two others. It's a gamble because without the pierce its hard to solo clear the rifts in time, and with it they can get cleared before people can tag in for daily credit. Before I got max level T3 Thor with pierce for solo clearing, I watched for rifts that were at 20%+ soon after opening and did the fastest one I could just to tag in, then helped finish to 100% when it was needed. edit: I did turn notifications back on to watch for other people's rifts, since I'd turned those off week one way back when I started five or six years ago now.

As for Mephisto, the way I did it at the start was to have T3 Spider-Man or someone very fast and dodgy as my third character and it didn't matter if they got caught. There's an angle though where you can run past him and avoid his attack every time while still making progress towards the number. Basically run sideways towards behind him if that makes sense. With a fast character you can maneuver to get to the number even if you have to go the long way around. I picked it up by watching cynicalex on youtube I think, I don't remember what my pierce was at the time I got my first 10 kills but it wasn't more than 4-6% max. Getting more pierce made it much easier to get multiple kills with more people though for sure, and now I have a few that just outright kill him in 2-3 rotations without letting him do anything, without any T4s yet. It's easier for me to kill him and Knull than Thanos lately since Thanos just loves interrupting you so much.

I can only skim this at work but it might help, I don't see the speedy dodger method but he does show getting caught and the gist to stay behind him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOVRX5l2ZRo

bagrada fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Nov 16, 2022

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

twistedmentat posted:

I really don't get this, I get utterly squished in his second to last stage, either by the wiggle or just out right all 3 characters getting killed in a half second. I have a huge stable of t3 characters, and no matter who i use its always the same. The issue about "avoiding his root ability" is that he will sit on the things you need to run over to prevent his rage in that phase, so either i let him do his rage thing or i take it. Its really stupid.

I bet its because i don't have full pierce on all my cards, which will happen and the pathetic amounts of card upgrade thingies you get now, I got 3 the last rift I ran, 3!

I just got to 10% pierce the other day.

There's a timing thing that you need to drag him away from where you need to go - helps to have fast people like Torch or Makkari. You run in one direction to draw them towards you and away from the spot you need, then double back while they are popping off and standing still to hit the spot you want.

When he's doing the pound thing, having Immune to Stun is helpful - had that on Makkari early on and I could just completely ignore him in that last stage.

The second to last stage, when he sits there and does those big target circles that will kill you instantly if they hit - the trick is not standing still or trying to attack during that. Just keep running. Eventually those targets will stop to attack and if you just keep running you'll get out of the circle. He'll do the same thing 3-4 times in a row, so just don't bother attacking in that phase until the target circles stop. Just run until he's done, and then you can attack. I try to save my most powerful attacks until the beginning of that phase to try and blow right past it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

For me the rules about Mephisto are simple.

- If I don't have him on the second stage by the second set of enraged/circles then I bail because I'm not strong enough to kill him in time.
- Just pound until he gets enraged and then stop and get the circles. Best to have a runner to do that. Someone fast, who can fly, who can dodge, whatever. And you just have to figure out the rhythm of how to lead Mephisto in one direction and then go the other way before he can get you.
- Once you get to that third bar he'll have that targeting attack and you just have to dodge that. Just run around until it happens. No use trying to sneak in attacks during that. Just dodge it and attack when its done.

I'm into double digits with him and can take him down with Thor, Hulk, Black Bolt, and Thena. There's others like Blue Dragon, Sentry, Moonstone, Iron Man, etc I can take him down at 1 with but not the higher stages.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Finally T4'd Thor and the first cosmic core reward I can get is a CTP of Energy. Off to a good start!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Where did the rotation site go? It's not at that weird 21000dollor thing anymore.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

Where did the rotation site go? It's not at that weird 21000dollor thing anymore.

It might come back, I've seen it seem down a few times. I haven't been in a week or so and it just won't load for me now.

Cynicalex has a google doc he just restored that has his guides, which differed a bit on some of the characters but should be good in a pinch:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H0Hcl9oVZV9gA266xkJAqPv5bD1qwqhC5NeVbLj_-FE/edit#gid=190850363

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

Here is a link to the new site for the character rotations and other guides. It’s another weird shady URL. “Thanos vibes”

https://thanosvibs.money/rotations

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Am I understanding this Colossus mission right that the X-gene drop is just...completely random? And I assume I can't even use the clear tickets for this because then it'll never drop?

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008

BrianWilly posted:

Am I understanding this Colossus mission right that the X-gene drop is just...completely random? And I assume I can't even use the clear tickets for this because then it'll never drop?

Shifters are a bad mechanic, but if you force close the app you can re-run the mission without losing energy or attempts.

On another note, I can solo upto level 3 rifts and cleared upto dispatch 8 with my Thor. Still 0% pierce because my premium card drops have been doodoo, but I am getting there.

I have Knull and Mephisto unlocked. What is like the minimum required to clear that level of content. I can get Knull out of the chair, and can break Mephistos shell, but I am not putting out nearly enough damage to finish.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Dead on Arrival posted:

Shifters are a bad mechanic, but if you force close the app you can re-run the mission without losing energy or attempts.

On another note, I can solo upto level 3 rifts and cleared upto dispatch 8 with my Thor. Still 0% pierce because my premium card drops have been doodoo, but I am getting there.

I have Knull and Mephisto unlocked. What is like the minimum required to clear that level of content. I can get Knull out of the chair, and can break Mephistos shell, but I am not putting out nearly enough damage to finish.

What are the cards you do have equipped like? You might want to check out this guide til you're ready to get pierce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRDheUmNrow

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I do love how easy it is to forget to spend your event tokens in this game. I missed out on my free t3 ant-man.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It’s good they put the red warning countdown in. But of course it shows up so often you just learn to ignore it.

It’s fun when I look in my inventory and see a few hundred tokens and am like “when was that?”

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

STAC Goat posted:

It’s good they put the red warning countdown in. But of course it shows up so often you just learn to ignore it.

It’s fun when I look in my inventory and see a few hundred tokens and am like “when was that?”

The little banner on the main screen seems to always be near the top of the stack, too, so it's hidden behind the little window with bullshit things like "New Uniform" and the like. Those events where you have to collect tokens should always be at the bottom of the stack - right above the "Enter" button where you can always see them.

Wizchine fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Dec 2, 2022

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Welp, T4 Jean. Hulk had a good run I guess.

I'm debating whether or not I'd want to save up the mats to t4 her or not. I guess I'll have plenty of time to decide unless they finally add another way to get t4 mats.

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008

A surfing dog?! posted:

What are the cards you do have equipped like? You might want to check out this guide til you're ready to get pierce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRDheUmNrow

I just reached 2% pierce. And idiot that I am never leveled up my Captain America passed level 70 after using the free ticket. Guess who can beat Knull and Mephisto now? :)

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

This damage bug is wild. I normally have 5+ minutes left when I carry on Dormamu, but now I'm ending with a little more than 2 minutes left.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I'm currently in the midst of climbing as high as I've ever gone in Shadowland. Up to 90. I wonder if the damage bug is affecting that, too, although I suspect it's just scaling up as I climb so my few remaining low-renters aren't quite up to snuff.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was gonna say I thought they tweaked Alliance Battle Legend because I seemed to be doing better. But nah. I just controlled a match for nearly 3 minutes and then lost all my points with 10 seconds left. God I hate this mode.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Are you getting hit either of the two times he jumps in the center? If you don't break it up by hitting his weakness, it'll kill your points for the run with massive debuffs that you can't get rid of.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sometimes? Its just deeply frustrating. I feel like I'm doing a pretty good job dodging for 2 and a half minutes and then you get hit once and its all a waste. And its not like World Boss where at least you can try again and learn from your mistakes. Its this incredibly frustrating randomness it feels like to me.

Then again I'm also bad at video games so maybe I just suck.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I had a harder time with Dormammu last night and was wondering if it was the damage bug people have been talking about. I've been killing him once daily for the last few weeks and wanted to start moving up to more. I can usually carry with Thena or Ms Marvel on universal or speed day, though its slow as hell in phase 2. I'm about halfway towards T4 Black Bolt and really need to start killing him with more people. From watching other people fight, in theory I have a dozen or so characters that can do the damage, but not enough supports to go with them. I guess its just a matter of spamming lobbies until I get someone who can pull their own weight to help, or if I'm lucky carry me. I had a Storm join a few days ago that was the fastest clear I'd ever seen, completely skipping most of his mechanics. Nine times out of ten it will be someone who looks like they have a solid team but only does a fraction of my damage. I had a T4 Thor suicide the first chance he got while spamming SORRY, and I get a surprising number of fights that start easy where the T4 doesn't get into a safe spot and leaves me to do the last 20 bars solo. I imagine it will get easier as I start to get my own T4s. The other thing I need to do is start rerolling my blue stars to have better stats but that will be expensive in both gems and p-cards.

I haven't touched alliance battle legend since the first week or so. I'm sitting on 4k of each red gem though, getting gear to 25 is my bottleneck and I have more T3s I want to boost than transcended people. I think my queue right now is Black Bolt then Jean T4; Polaris, Taskmaster, maybe Ancient One and Wong T3; and Angel and Beast transcended maybe. I'm sure there will be a few new meta people before I finish Black Bolt's gear to 30.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world
Angel looks so stupid with those hooked wings.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Unless Jean ends up being crazy at t4 for PvE after the bug gets fixed, I think I'm not going to bother t4ing her. She does pretty well in timeline at level 80, though having to play on manual does kinda suck. I just don't see myself dumping that many resources into her to get about 20 more crystals every week if she doesn't do anything in PvE.

Also it looks like WBL Jean dodges attacks even against level 80 characters.

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 10, 2022

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Yeah, it's gonna be a long time before I T4 anybody, since I just don't do Dormammu and have to be carried. I've barely gotten one of Iron Man's gears to 28, and that's about it. Level 80 for me.

Tired of needing Rage or Energy though. I have a Greed on Jean, and a spare Greed that I could use to make it Mighty, but I guess I need a Rage. I tend to get them way more often than I get Energy CTPs though. I've only ever gotten 3 of them, I think.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Yeah, I didn't grab Angel's uni because it seems like he's not proc friendly and I just don't want to throw a Rage on someone who's good but not amazing.

I'm actually using a 4* Fire Resist, Max HP, Invincibility obelisk on Jean. Blue Marvel or Ghost Rider Lead with Colossus makes Jean tanky enough to take single digit damage from double support Jean teams, and it's really funny having my level 80 Jean tanking a t4 Jean. I should probably slap a Judgment or Rage on her, but I'm waiting to see more people testing out her damage. It does seem like she does well in PvE even with her old uni's with the level 80 stat boost, but so many characters need Rages that I have to be stingy with the ones I have.

Since I have to play on manual for Jean, I can always switch to my other PvP team whenever I run into anti-jean teams with Destroyer/Silver Surfer for free wins too.

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Dec 13, 2022

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Steve Vader posted:

Yeah, it's gonna be a long time before I T4 anybody, since I just don't do Dormammu and have to be carried. I've barely gotten one of Iron Man's gears to 28, and that's about it. Level 80 for me.

Tired of needing Rage or Energy though. I have a Greed on Jean, and a spare Greed that I could use to make it Mighty, but I guess I need a Rage. I tend to get them way more often than I get Energy CTPs though. I've only ever gotten 3 of them, I think.

Don't discount a double destruction if you've got 'em. I've got that on Iron Man and it works perfectly great. Even at 80 he was able to hold his own against Dorm with that, especially if you have the new cyclops for lead. Easy rotation, too.

If you can clear it occasionally, the bottleneck will just be the silver things from world boss, anyway. The drop rate on those things is way too low.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Got Black Bolt to 4x30 now it's just 2 weeks of getting the saltines cap until I get my first T4. As is with his sith lord uniform he seems to do the same damage as my Thena team to Dormammu but with much less healing so I really have to watch the mechanics.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Alas, no destruction. I have two Greeds, a Judgment and a Patience. I will probably put the Judgment on DP.

I am debating whether to get a CTP with this event quest or a T2 Mega ticket just so I can T2 Toxin without paying for it. Itches having only one guy stuck at T1.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Toxin is pretty strictly SL/Conquest, unfortunately.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Looks like Magneto and Magik are skippable. It's nice not having to worry about fomo with the full cost and pay wall uni, but I do kinda wish Magneto's uni at least put him at Black Bolt's level so I could use him again. I haven't touched the guy beyond using his leadership since Danger Room was a thing. Also kinda weird that Magneto makes a Christmas tree with one of his skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ah I just bought the Magneto skin, and it hurts me that the Magik skin is locked being a serious paywall. Why couldn't it of been the other way around?

I'd really love to T4 someone, but every day i join a the GBR, and instantly get kicked. Either people don't want to carry someone, or they want someone to carry them. Its incredibly frustrating.